The Late Great Urantia Revelation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
1. THE UNIVERSE
ATTITUDE OF THE FATHER

4:1.1 For ages the inhabitants of Urantia have misunderstood the providence of God. There is a providence of divine outworking on your world, but it is not the childish, arbitrary, and material ministry many mortals have conceived it to be. The providence of God consists in the interlocking activities of the celestial beings and the divine spirits who, in accordance with cosmic law, unceasingly labor for the honor of God and for the spiritual advancement of his universe children.

4:1.2 Can you not advance in your concept of God's dealing with man to that level where you recognize that the watchword of the universe is progress? Through long ages the human race has struggled to reach its present position. Throughout all these millenniums Providence has been working out the plan of progressive evolution. The two thoughts are not opposed in practice, only in man's mistaken concepts. Divine providence is never arrayed in opposition to true human progress, either temporal or spiritual. Providence is always consistent with the unchanging and perfect nature of the supreme Lawmaker.

4:1.3 "God is faithful" and "all his commandments are just." "His faithfulness is established in the very skies." "Forever, O Lord, your word is settled in heaven. Your faithfulness is to all generations; you have established the earth and it abides." "He is a faithful Creator."

4:1.4 There is no limitation of the forces and personalities which the Father may use to uphold his purpose and sustain his creatures. "The eternal God is our refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms." "He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty." "Behold, he who keeps us shall neither slumber nor sleep." "We know that all things work together for good to those who love God," "for the eyes of the Lord are over the righteous, and his ears are open to their prayers."

4:1.5 God upholds "all things by the word of his power." And when new worlds are born, he "sends forth his Sons and they are created." God not only creates, but he "preserves them all." God constantly upholds all things material and all beings spiritual. The universes are eternally stable. There is stability in the midst of apparent instability. There is an underlying order and security in the midst of the energy upheavals and the physical cataclysms of the starry realms.

4:1.6 The Universal Father has not withdrawn from the management of the universes; he is not an inactive Deity. If God should retire as the present upholder of all creation, there would immediately occur a universal collapse. Except for God, there would be no such thing as reality. At this very moment, as during the remote ages of the past and in the eternal future, God continues to uphold. The divine reach extends around the circle of eternity. The universe is not wound up like a clock to run just so long and then cease to function; all things are constantly being renewed. The Father unceasingly pours forth energy, light, and life. The work of God is literal as well as spiritual. "He stretches out the north over the empty space and hangs the earth upon nothing."........UB

journey

The ub is NOT God's Word, nor is it an authority on a single issue. The ub represents THEFT of themes from the Holy Bible and then distortion of what was stolen.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Omnipresence.......

Omnipresence.......

Fact is: Christ returned to YOU today, in the form of Aimiel. You think I'm your enemy, but I'm actually God's knock upon your heart's door.

Oh the irony.

We are all individual offsprings of God, having one universal Father. A spirit-fragment of God indwells all human mortals of normal-mind capacity. We all live in God and God in us.

pj

Caino

BANNED
Banned
The ub is NOT God's Word, nor is it an authority on a single issue. The ub represents THEFT of themes from the Holy Bible and then distortion of what was stolen.

The UB doesn't claim to be the Word of God neither does the Bible, in fact the Bible says the Son is the Word and that Gods will can be found in the heart.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Scientist Confirm: Aliens Created Our Species!

http://www.ufointernationalproject.com/latest-news/scientist-confirm-aliens-created-our-species/

58:4.1 That we are called Life Carriers should not confuse you. We can and do carry life to the planets, but we brought no life to Urantia. Urantia life is unique, original with the planet. This sphere is a life-modification world; all life appearing hereon was formulated by us right here on the planet; and there is no other world in all Satania, even in all Nebadon, that has a life existence just like that of Urantia.

58:4.2 550,000,000 years ago the Life Carrier corps returned to Urantia. In co-operation with spiritual powers and superphysical forces we organized and initiated the original life patterns of this world and planted them in the hospitable waters of the realm. All planetary life (aside from extraplanetary personalities) down to the days of Caligastia, the Planetary Prince, had its origin in our three original, identical, and simultaneous marine-life implantations. These three life implantations have been designated as: the central or Eurasian-African, the eastern or Australasian, and the western, embracing Greenland and the Americas.

58:4.3 500,000,000 years ago primitive marine vegetable life was well established on Urantia. Greenland and the arctic land mass, together with North and South America, were beginning their long and slow westward drift. Africa moved slightly south, creating an east and west trough, the Mediterranean basin, between itself and the mother body. Antarctica, Australia, and the land indicated by the islands of the Pacific broke away on the south and east and have drifted far away since that day.

58:4.4 We had planted the primitive form of marine life in the sheltered tropic bays of the central seas of the east-west cleavage of the breaking-up continental land mass. Our purpose in making three marine-life implantations was to insure that each great land mass would carry this life with it, in its warm-water seas, as the land subsequently separated. We foresaw that in the later era of the emergence of land life large oceans of water would separate these drifting continental land masses.

journey

http://www.ufointernationalproject.com/latest-news/scientist-confirm-aliens-created-our-species/

58:4.1 That we are called Life Carriers should not confuse you. We can and do carry life to the planets, but we brought no life to Urantia. Urantia life is unique, original with the planet. This sphere is a life-modification world; all life appearing hereon was formulated by us right here on the planet; and there is no other world in all Satania, even in all Nebadon, that has a life existence just like that of Urantia.

58:4.2 550,000,000 years ago the Life Carrier corps returned to Urantia. In co-operation with spiritual powers and superphysical forces we organized and initiated the original life patterns of this world and planted them in the hospitable waters of the realm. All planetary life (aside from extraplanetary personalities) down to the days of Caligastia, the Planetary Prince, had its origin in our three original, identical, and simultaneous marine-life implantations. These three life implantations have been designated as: the central or Eurasian-African, the eastern or Australasian, and the western, embracing Greenland and the Americas.

58:4.3 500,000,000 years ago primitive marine vegetable life was well established on Urantia. Greenland and the arctic land mass, together with North and South America, were beginning their long and slow westward drift. Africa moved slightly south, creating an east and west trough, the Mediterranean basin, between itself and the mother body. Antarctica, Australia, and the land indicated by the islands of the Pacific broke away on the south and east and have drifted far away since that day.

58:4.4 We had planted the primitive form of marine life in the sheltered tropic bays of the central seas of the east-west cleavage of the breaking-up continental land mass. Our purpose in making three marine-life implantations was to insure that each great land mass would carry this life with it, in its warm-water seas, as the land subsequently separated. We foresaw that in the later era of the emergence of land life large oceans of water would separate these drifting continental land masses.

What a LOAD of BALONEY!

Lon

Spoiler

Spoiler

Er, supposedly, Pangaea hadn't started breaking up until much later than that, meaning, they could not possibly have seen 'Greenland' at that time.

Do you just want me to go and do commentary on the whole Urantia book along with the Book of Mormon and its claim of American Lamenites etc.?

Christians and Jews have found and proven a good deal of Bible data. That isn't going to happen for the Book of Mormon and Urantia. As I've just shown, the Urantia is actually against science and archeology.

The uB is just looking more and more foolish as you guys progress. How can you guys possibly buy this stuff?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

Mars attacks!!! BEWARE!!

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
So what do honest people say in their reviews of the UB?

The Book has Transformed My Life

Submitted by Bill Kelly

Converted to Christianity at age 19, I held strong evangelical beliefs for many years. I trained at Fuller Theological Seminary and San Francisco Theological Seminary, and served as a Presbyterian minister for eleven years before returning to psychology. My leaving the ministry had nothing to do with God, The Bible, or The Urantia Book; it was just a matter of preferring a different sort of ministry.

My introduction to The Urantia Book was through a fellow science teacher who was a Methodist. He and I had many discussions about faith. One day he told me he had a book that he thought might interest me, and lent me a copy.

I began at the beginning, reading the Foreword, despite his caution not to. I figured that with degrees in philosophy, psychology and theology I should be able to handle it. I found it more or less incomprehensible and put the book down for about six months. When my friend asked how I was doing, I told him I thought it resembled Gnosticism because of all the orders of angels and other celestial administrators it presented. He asked if I wanted to return the book; I told him I would give it one more try.

I looked through the table of contents until I found Paper 189, "The Resurrection of Jesus." On a warm summer morning I read that paper with a cup of coffee in my hand. I was astounded. Never had I heard such a convincing story of the events of the Easter weekend, down to the final details. What impressed me most was the UB's explanation of the disappearance of the mortal body of Jesus - instantaneous decay by the speeding up of time, at the request of the "angels of the resurrection." I had never heard this explanation before, and it made sense.

I spilled my cup of coffee on the book and decided I had better buy my own copy and read on. This I did for about six months, every night for about thirty minutes. I read it with an attitude of open skepticism. I found as I read that I didn't understand some of the words or concepts, and that some of the information was completely new to me. Many of the teachings struck an immediate Aha! response, and the book - so mysterious and exciting - steadily grew on me. I began to wonder, could the book be true?

About halfway through the book I called up the friend who had loaned it to me and asked him if he believed the book was what it claimed to be, a revelation of truth. He said yes, and told me the story of how he had found it.

I am now in my tenth reading in about ten years. My habit is to maintain an almost daily reading schedule. My wife, Virginia Enfield Kelly, has joined me in the study and application of the book and has become just as convinced and enthusiastic about it as I am. We are active members in two Urantia Book-related study groups.

The book has transformed my life, my thinking, my perspective on God, the universe, humanity, the afterlife and the purpose of life. The Jesus of The Urantia Book is, in my opinion, greater than, but not different from, the Jesus of the Gospels. He is more complete, believable, loving, human and - if you can believe this - more divine.

Submit Your Own Review

Professor Alfred E. Newman announced that the UB suddenly
transformed him into a "Werewolf" on several occasions!! He
stated that, "I have read the UB on certain nights and suddenly
received an overwhelming desire to wonder through the woods in
search of prey!" He also stated that, he believes, he may have
been re-incarnated from Ron L. Hubbard or some other alien
being? He stated that, "I'm in constant contact with, really
scary creatures from another dimension or Galaxy?" He said,
"They wake me out of a sound sleep and tell me about their
oddly shaped feet and extended foreheads!"

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Er, supposedly, Pangaea hadn't started breaking up until much later than that, meaning, they could not possibly have seen 'Greenland' at that time.

Do you just want me to go and do commentary on the whole Urantia book along with the Book of Mormon and its claim of American Lamenites etc.?

Christians and Jews have found and proven a good deal of Bible data. That isn't going to happen for the Book of Mormon and Urantia. As I've just shown, the Urantia is actually against science and archeology.

The uB is just looking more and more foolish as you guys progress. How can you guys possibly buy this stuff?

Ok Lon, I'll take you up on that. First read papers 58,59 and 60 concerning the various land emergence, submergence cycles and the corospong flood stages up to the age of the continents as we know them today so you know what it is that you disagree with. Science continues to catch up with the UB. We can discuss things revealed in the UB that were not known by science in the early 1900's but have been validated.

Scientist call it "Laurentia" It was one land mass at one stage in one of many breakups. I will throw you a friendly gaff reminder, surely you read it fast it did not understand what the sentence was saying. I know you are more intelligent than that.

(668.1) 58:4.3 "500,000,000 years ago primitive marine vegetable life was well established on Urantia. Greenland and the arctic land mass, together with North and South America, were beginning their long and slow westward drift".

Wiki:

Wiki:

Laurentia (North American Craton) is a large continental craton, which forms the ancient geological core of the North American continent. Many times in its past, Laurentia has been a separate continent as it is now in the form of North America, although originally it also included the cratonic areas of Greenland and also the northwestern part of Scotland, known as the Hebridean Terrane. During other times in its past, Laurentia has been part of larger continents and supercontinents and itself consists of many smaller terranes assembled on a network of Early Proterozoic orogenic belts. Small microcontinents and oceanic islands collided with and sutured onto the ever-growing Laurentia, and together formed the stable Precambrian craton seen today.[1]​

In geology, Rodinia (from the Russian "Родина", ródina, meaning "The Motherland")[1][2] is the name of a hypothesized supercontinent, a continent which contained most or all of Earth's landmass. The name was coined by McMenamin & McMenamin in 1990.[3] According to plate tectonic reconstructions, Rodinia existed between 1.1 billion and 750 million years ago, in the Neoproterozoic Era. It is one of two models for the configuration and history of the continental crust in the latter part of Precambrian times. The other is Paleopangea.[4] Rodinia is postulated to have formed at ~1.0 Ga by accretion and collision of fragments produced by breakup of a hypothethetical older supercontinent, Columbia, assembled by global-scale 2.0–1.8 Ga collisional events.[5][6] Rodinia has entered popular consciousness as one of the two great supercontinents of earth history, the other being Pangaea.[7]

Rodinia 1.1 Billion BC

Last edited:

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
(668.1) 58:4.3 "500,000,000 years ago primitive marine vegetable life was well established on Urantia.

And, Eight hundred and thirty six Gazillion years ago, Freelight and Caino were teaching the UB, and being scorned and ridiculed by indigenous creatures called; "Clemadiddlehoppers!"

These 'beings' didn't react well, to what they considered;
"ludicrous and somewhat annoying!"

Caino

BANNED
Banned
This is significant because it tells of the first scouting party to arrive on what would become the world of Michaels incarnation. Up until then Earth (Unantia) was just another tiny planent among 10,000,000 of Michaels creation. But our humble world would become the most well known in Michaels universe.

CRUSTAL STABILIZATION - THE AGE OF EARTHQUAKES. THE WORLD OCEAN AND THE FIRST CONTINENT

57:8.1 1,000,000,000 years ago is the date of the actual beginning of Urantia history. The planet had attained approximately its present size. And about this time it was placed upon the physical registries of Nebadon and given its name, Urantia.

57:8.2 The atmosphere, together with incessant moisture precipitation, facilitated the cooling of the earth's crust. Volcanic action early equalized internal-heat pressure and crustal contraction; and as volcanoes rapidly decreased, earthquakes made their appearance as this epoch of crustal cooling and adjustment progressed.

57:8.3 The real geologic history of Urantia begins with the cooling of the earth's crust sufficiently to cause the formation of the first ocean. Water-vapor condensation on the cooling surface of the earth, once begun, continued until it was virtually complete. By the end of this period the ocean was world-wide, covering the entire planet to an average depth of over one mile. The tides were then in play much as they are now observed, but this primitive ocean was not salty; it was practically a fresh-water covering for the world. In those days, most of the chlorine was combined with various metals, but there was enough, in union with hydrogen, to render this water faintly acid.

57:8.4 At the opening of this faraway era, Urantia should be envisaged as a water-bound planet. Later on, deeper and hence denser lava flows came out upon the bottom of the present Pacific Ocean, and this part of the water-covered surface became considerably depressed. The first continental land mass emerged from the world ocean in compensatory adjustment of the equilibrium of the gradually thickening earth's crust.

57:8.5 950,000,000 years ago Urantia presents the picture of one great continent of land and one large body of water, the Pacific Ocean. Volcanoes are still widespread and earthquakes are both frequent and severe. Meteors continue to bombard the earth, but they are diminishing in both frequency and size. The atmosphere is clearing up, but the amount of carbon dioxide continues large. The earth's crust is gradually stabilizing.

57:8.6 It was at about this time that Urantia was assigned to the system of Satania for planetary administration and was placed on the life registry of Norlatiadek. Then began the administrative recognition of the small and insignificant sphere which was destined to be the planet whereon Michael would subsequently engage in the stupendous undertaking of mortal bestowal, would participate in those experiences which have since caused Urantia to become locally known as the "world of the cross."

57:8.7 900,000,000 years ago witnessed the arrival on Urantia of the first Satania scouting party sent out from Jerusem to examine the planet and make a report on its adaptation for a life-experiment station. This commission consisted of twenty-four members, embracing Life Carriers, Lanonandek Sons, Melchizedeks, seraphim, and other orders of celestial life having to do with the early days of planetary organization and administration.

57:8.8 After making a painstaking survey of the planet, this commission returned to Jerusem and reported favorably to the System Sovereign, recommending that Urantia be placed on the life-experiment registry. Your world was accordingly registered on Jerusem as a decimal planet, and the Life Carriers were notified that they would be granted permission to institute new patterns of mechanical, chemical, and electrical mobilization at the time of their subsequent arrival with life transplantation and implantation mandates." UB 1955

Aimiel

One thing that you CAN rely on regarding any and all information given in the Urantia papers regarding ancient history which isn't stolen from The Holy Scriptures is that NONE of it is true.

Lon

Scientist call it "Laurentia" It was one land mass at one stage in one of many breakups. I will throw you a friendly gaff reminder, surely you read it fast it did not understand what the sentence was saying. I know you are more intelligent than that.
"I'm" more intelligent? You just missed my point, that continent hadn't started moving, as the uB said. It didn't happen until much later according to science. So, you don't have scientists catching up to the uB, you have a guy in the early nineteen hundreds, only knowing what science stated and not even knowing very much science either. He was playing catch-up....and you bought the whole miserable mess of it.

Yes or no?

Did Joseph Smith talk to an angel Moroni translate golden plates? If you say 'yes' you are crazy. If you say "no, obviously not" you have the only answer possible to the uB.
You should be "more intelligent than" this. I don't even know why you 'want' to hold to that book. It doesn't demand anything from you, so there is no vested interest other than liking a good many of the ideas for some odd reason (most of them in incredible error and the 'report' of getting them, a blatant lie or mental psychosis).

I'm fairly done with your thread for the time being. It is a blight on you and a blight on TOL.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
"I'm" more intelligent? You just missed my point, that continent hadn't started moving, as the uB said. It didn't happen until much later according to science. So, you don't have scientists catching up to the uB, you have a guy in the early nineteen hundreds, only knowing what science stated and not even knowing very much science either. He was playing catch-up....and you bought the whole miserable mess of it.

Yes or no?

Did Joseph Smith talk to an angel Moroni translate golden plates? If you say 'yes' you are crazy. If you say "no, obviously not" you have the only answer possible to the uB.
You should be "more intelligent than" this. I don't even know why you 'want' to hold to that book. It doesn't demand anything from you, so there is no vested interest other than liking a good many of the ideas for some odd reason (most of them in incredible error and the 'report' of getting them, a blatant lie or mental psychosis).

I'm fairly done with your thread for the time being. It is a blight on you and a blight on TOL.

You were flat out wrong, I was nice to you about it. Laurentia Included Greenland, the entire mass was moving 500,000,000 million years ago. But that's far different than the Hebrews 6,000 year old earth.

Status
Not open for further replies.