The Late Great Urantia Revelation

Status
Not open for further replies.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Atonement without blood.......

Atonement without blood.......

It might help if I understood why God expected the Jews to offer blood sacrifices in the first place. I don't quite understand that yet.

That's where you might want to begin research. Do you really think God requires ALL THAT BLOOD? The Temple altars and bowls/lavers were filled and pouring with blood, rivers and rivers of it. To what avail? Then where did this demand for blood originate? with God...men...or demons? (spirits are known to get an energy-rush from blood sacrifices).

Traditional-orthodox Jews know there are other means of atonement besides blood, and since being without a temple for so many centuries,....have done well by these other means of atonement attested to in the scriptures which DO NOT require blood.

The Essenes, early Nazarenes/Ebionites being among the earliest/true disciples of Jesus rejected blood-sacrifice, cruelty to animals and were mostly vegetarian. They believed that blood could not atone for sin, and only true repentance and right-doing was the true and acceptable sacrifice unto God, a true surrendering to his will. This is wholly affirmed by the UB as well,....killing animals or a human being is not the way, first of all, because its a violation of the fundamental law of 'not killing/murdering' (do no harm). Just one inconsistency for a 'God' who demands killing.

From an earlier gospel narrative tradition from a Nazarene/Ebionite/Essene perspective, see the Gospel of the Nazirenes (also known as the Gospel of the Holy 12) here.

1.Yeshua was teaching His disciples in the outer court of the temple and one of them said to Him, "Master, it is said by the priests that without shedding of blood there is no remission. Can then the blood offerings of the laws take away sin?"

2.And Yeshua answered, "No blood offering, of beast or bird, or man, can take away sin. For how can the conscience be purged from sin by the shedding of innocent blood? Nay, it will increase the condemnation."

3."The priests indeed receive such offerings as a reconciliation of the worshippers for the trespasses against (1997 "that which they believe to be) the Law of Moses; but for sins against the Law of God there can be no remission, save by repentance and amendment."

4.Is it not written in the prophets, "Put your blood sacrifices to your burnt offerings, and away with them, and cease from the eating flesh. I did not speak to your fathers nor commanded them, concerning these things, when I brought them out of Egypt. But this thing I commanded saying,

5."Obey my voice and walk in the ways that I have commanded you, and you will be my people, and it shall be well with you. But they did not listen, nor inclined their ear."

6."And what doth the eternal command you, but to do justice, love mercy and walk humbly with your God? Is it not written that in the beginning God ordained the fruits of the trees and the seeds and the herbs to be food for all flesh?"

7."But they have made the house of prayer a den of thieves, and for the oblation with incense, they have polluted my altars with blood, and eaten of the flesh of the slain."

8."But I say to you, shed no innocent blood nor eat flesh. Walk upright, love mercy, and do justly, and your days shall be long in the land."

-Gospel of the Nazirenes ch. 33

pj

Last edited:

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
Yeah, I forget to scroll most of the time. I just see blank text box and assume his post has ended, then find out later I was wrong.
Oh, I think I follow you. When you quote him you start typing at the end of the visible text but that is not after the final quote tag so it ends up in the middle of the quote until you notice and edit it?

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
That's where you might want to begin research. Do you really think God requires ALL THAT BLOOD? The Temple altars and bowls/lavers were filled and pouring with blood, rivers and rivers of it. To what avail? Its sickening. Then where did this demand for blood originate? with God...men...or demons? (spirits are known to get an energy-rush from blood sacrifices).

Traditional-orthodox Jews know there are other means of atonement besides blood, and since being without a temple for so many centuries,....have done well by these other means of atonement attested to in the scriptures which DO NOT require blood.

The Essenes, early Nazarenes/Ebionites being among the earliest/true disciples of Jesus rejected blood-sacrifice, cruelty to animals and were mostly vegetarian. They believed that blood could not atone for sin, and only true repentance and right-doing was the true and acceptable sacrifice unto God, a true surrendering to his will. This is wholly affirmed by the UB as well,....killing animals or a human being is not the way, first of all, because its a violation of the fundamental law of 'not killing/murdering' (do no harm). Just one inconsistency for a 'God' who demands killing.

From an earlier gospel narrative tradition from a Nazarene/Ebionite/Essene perspective, see the Gospel of the Nazirenes (also known as the Gospel of the Holy 12) here.

pj
Yes and people fail to realize that if the Israelites wandered around in the desert for 40 years eating only manna these sacrifices and rituals could not have originated until after they entered fertile lands.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
That's where you might want to begin research. Do you really think God requires ALL THAT BLOOD? The Temple altars and bowls/lavers were filled and pouring with blood, rivers and rivers of it. To what avail? Its sickening. Then where did this demand for blood originate? with God...men...or demons? (spirits are known to get an energy-rush from blood sacrifices).

pj

Are you insinuating that the blood sacrifices of the
Old Testament were 'demon inspired?' The only
possible demon inspiration on this thread is, the
urantia cult/papers! God required the blood
sacrifices in the Old Testament!

Hebrews 9:22 states; "And almost all things are
by the law purged with blood; and without shedding
of blood is no remission"

That verse
is from the New Testament!

Without the shedding of Christ's blood, there would be
no way to reconcile man to God! Christ died for the
sins of the world! He paid the price for our sins, and
the 'true believer' receives His righteousness!

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Freelite, you're always telling posters to read and study your urantia
papers fraud however, you evidently haven't read and studied the Old
Testament? And, if you did, you've decided the blood sacrifices wasn't
a demand from God!

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
In truth you are very confused, and are caught somewhere between,
the Scriptures, and the urantia non-sense! You've created in your mind,
some form of "hybrid" that is neither of the truth, nor of a lie but,
somewhere in the middle! However, more on the side of the urantia
papers bunk!

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
If one rejects the shed blood of Christ for one's sins then,
they cannot enter into eternal life! One must place their
faith in Christ, and His finished work on the cross, in order
to receive God's forgiveness. mercy, and eternal life! There's
no other way! That's it!

staind.raindrop

pj

God conversed with Moses and commanded Moses to give that law to His people. I don't believe Paul is mistaken when he explains what was accomplished on the cross in Hebrews 9. My study Bible has a note on the sacrifices from Cain and Abel at Gen. 4:4-5:

Gen. 4:4 note: Type of Christ the Lamb of God, the most constant type of the suffering Messiah - "the Lamb of God who taketh away the sin of the world" (Jn. 1:29). A lamb fitly symbolizes the unresisting innocency and harmlessness of the Lord Jesus (Isa. 53:7; Mt. 26:52-54; Lk. 23:9). This type is brought into prominence by contrast with Cain's bloodless offering of the fruit of the ground and proclaims, in the very infancy of the race, the primal truth that "without shedding of blood is no remission" (Heb. 9:22; 11:4). Cain acknowledged God as the source of all natural good but rejected His revealed way of worship; Abel, in conformity with that revelation, brought a blood offering, thus confessing himself a sinner. In Cain began all false religion, the essence of which is man's coming to God in his own way.

staind.raindrop

If one rejects the shed blood of Christ for one's sins then,
they cannot enter into eternal life! One must place their
faith in Christ, and His finished work on the cross, in order
to receive God's forgiveness. mercy, and eternal life! There's
no other way! That's it!

You can't rely on the blood alone, obedience is a factor as well. You can't walk in disobedience which is viewed as unbelief in the eyes of God and still claim you have faith.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

pj

Disregarding God's law of sacrifice in the Old Testament, and
disregarding Christ's sacrifice in the New Testament, is to
disregard the inspired written word of God (The Holy Bible!)

It's not only disbelief but, will lead one to judgment, and eternal
damnation!

staind.raindrop

Disregarding God's law of sacrifice in the Old Testament, and
disregarding Christ's sacrifice in the New Testament, is to
disregard the inspired written word of God (The Holy Bible!)

It's not only disbelief but, will lead one to judgment, and eternal
damnation!

Calm down, this approach has only gotten you ruffled feathers with PJ.

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
God conversed with Moses and commanded Moses to give that law to His people. I don't believe Paul is mistaken when he explains what was accomplished on the cross in Hebrews 9. My study Bible has a note on the sacrifices from Cain and Abel at Gen. 4:4-5:
Gen. 4:4 note: Type of Christ the Lamb of God, the most constant type of the suffering Messiah - "the Lamb of God who taketh away the sin of the world" (Jn. 1:29). A lamb fitly symbolizes the unresisting innocency and harmlessness of the Lord Jesus (Isa. 53:7; Mt. 26:52-54; Lk. 23:9). This type is brought into prominence by contrast with Cain's bloodless offering of the fruit of the ground and proclaims, in the very infancy of the race, the primal truth that "without shedding of blood is no remission" (Heb. 9:22; 11:4). Cain acknowledged God as the source of all natural good but rejected His revealed way of worship; Abel, in conformity with that revelation, brought a blood offering, thus confessing himself a sinner. In Cain began all false religion, the essence of which is man's coming to God in his own way.
I think it is wonderful that you believe as you do. History tells us that all Jewish writings were lost/destroyed when the Jews went into captivity in Babylon. After release Ezra and a group of scribes "recaptured" what they could from fragments and memories. Do you think they got it down perfectly?

Status
Not open for further replies.