The Justification of the Ungodly, Romans 4:5

Status
Not open for further replies.

beloved57

No specific works. All works are a work of the law. The only thing that counts for anything in the New Testament is faith, mainly faith in Christ and his Gospel.

You don't have Faith in Christ when you believe sinners He lived and died for are still lost and condemned. Thats unbelief!

turbosixx

No specific works. All works are a work of the law. The only thing that counts for anything in the New Testament is faith, mainly faith in Christ and his Gospel.

When he says works "of the law" he is specifying a specific set of works.

Rom. 3:19 Now we know that whatever the law says it speaks to those who are under the law, so that every mouth may be stopped, and the whole world may be held accountable to God. 20 For by works of the law no human being will be justified in his sight, since through the law comes knowledge of sin.

Paul is talking about the law of Moses and the specific works of it.
3:28 For we hold that one is justified by faith apart from works of the law.

Chapter after chapter he continues to show them how faith in Christ is better than the law of Moses. In chapter 7 he tells them they have been released from the law.
7:6 But now we are released from the law, having died to that which held us captive, so that we serve in the new way of the Spirit and not in the old way of the written code.

Robert Pate

Banned
When he says works "of the law" he is specifying a specific set of works.

Rom. 3:19 Now we know that whatever the law says it speaks to those who are under the law, so that every mouth may be stopped, and the whole world may be held accountable to God. 20 For by works of the law no human being will be justified in his sight, since through the law comes knowledge of sin.

Paul is talking about the law of Moses and the specific works of it.
3:28 For we hold that one is justified by faith apart from works of the law.

Chapter after chapter he continues to show them how faith in Christ is better than the law of Moses. In chapter 7 he tells them they have been released from the law.
7:6 But now we are released from the law, having died to that which held us captive, so that we serve in the new way of the Spirit and not in the old way of the written code.

No, the law is not just a bunch of laws and rules. The law is one entity. This is why James said, "For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all" James 2:10.

turbosixx

No, the law is not just a bunch of laws and rules. The law is one entity. This is why James said, "For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all" James 2:10.

What law is James talking about?

What law is Paul talking about?
Gal. 5:3 I testify again to every man who accepts circumcision that he is obligated to keep the whole law.

Robert Pate

Banned
What law is James talking about?

What law is Paul talking about?
Gal. 5:3 I testify again to every man who accepts circumcision that he is obligated to keep the whole law.

There is only one law, the law of Moses. They are both talking about the law of Moses. The law is one entity. If you violate one part of the law, you have violated the whole thing.

turbosixx

There is only one law, the law of Moses. They are both talking about the law of Moses. The law is one entity. If you violate one part of the law, you have violated the whole thing.

I suggest there are two laws. The law of Moses and the law of faith/Christ.

1 Cor. 9:21 To those outside the law I became as one outside the law (not being outside the law of God but under the law of Christ) that I might win those outside the law.

Rom. 3:27 Then what becomes of our boasting? It is excluded. By what kind of law? By a law of works? No, but by the law of faith.

Gal. 6:2 Bear one another's burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ.

The way I understand it, Jesus nailed the law of Moses to the cross and established his law. He is the mediator of a better covenant.
Heb. 8:6 But as it is, Christ has obtained a ministry that is as much more excellent than the old as the covenant he mediates is better, since it is enacted on better promises.

Robert Pate

Banned
I suggest there are two laws. The law of Moses and the law of faith/Christ.

1 Cor. 9:21 To those outside the law I became as one outside the law (not being outside the law of God but under the law of Christ) that I might win those outside the law.

Rom. 3:27 Then what becomes of our boasting? It is excluded. By what kind of law? By a law of works? No, but by the law of faith.

Gal. 6:2 Bear one another's burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ.

The way I understand it, Jesus nailed the law of Moses to the cross and established his law. He is the mediator of a better covenant.
Heb. 8:6 But as it is, Christ has obtained a ministry that is as much more excellent than the old as the covenant he mediates is better, since it is enacted on better promises.

The New Covenant is Jesus Christ. There are no new laws because, "The Just Shall Live By Faith" Romans 1:17 and not by laws, rules or religion.

john w

Hall of Fame
The New Covenant is Jesus Christ.

Another made up, unbiblical assertion by Pate, which does disservice to the purposes of the New Covenant, and means nothing, butchering its intent..

And is The Old Covenant Moses? Just what the h does this fuzzy, silly, nonsense "The New Covenant is Jesus Christ" mean?

Next up:?The "new heavens and a new earth"(Isaiah 65:17 KJV, Isaiah 66:22 KJV, 2 Peter 3:13 KJV) is Jesus Christ?

Watch the spin, self righteous, offended "response."

Robert Pate

Banned
Another made up, unbiblical assertion by Pate, which does disservice to the purposes of the New Covenant, and means nothing, butchering its intent..

And is The Old Covenant Moses? Just what the h does this fuzzy, silly, nonsense "The New Covenant is Jesus Christ" mean?

Next up:?The "new heavens and a new earth"(Isaiah 65:17 KJV, Isaiah 66:22 KJV, 2 Peter 3:13 KJV) is Jesus Christ?

Watch the spin, self righteous, offended "response."

You are a sad case. You are under the law and will be judged by the law and condemned.

Jesus has delivered you from the law, but you don't believe it.

john w

Hall of Fame
You are a sad case.

1.Thanks for the compliment, wolf!!! If you'd approve of me, I'd re-check my guns. Thanks again!

2. Nice dodge my post-"Jesus Christ is the New Covenant"-you.

Clown-no scripture says that-another Pate made up-ism.

You are under the law and will be judged by the law and condemned.

No, I have the righteousness of God, apart from the law,per Romans 3:21 KJV; you, on the other hand, assert that others are justified by the law keeping of Jesus Christ being imputed to them-made up satanic "doctrine."

Agree, but not you, as you assert that you/others are justified by the law keeping of Jesus Christ being imputed to them-made up satanic "doctrine. And you spam that to everyone, satanic accuser-I've said just the opposite, habitual liar, for years on TOL. Being justified by faith, w/o the law, and not being under the judgment of the law, and not having the law as a "rule of life," is a straw man, devious, satanic ploy on your part, or you're a drunk, demon possessed , as that does not mean what your daddy the devil tells you it means, i.e., that the law was abolished/was destroyed/no longer exists/has vanished/is void-that is a satanic "interpretation" from the pits of hell.

Robert Pate

Banned
1.Thanks for the compliment, wolf!!! If you'd approve of me, I'd re-check my guns. Thanks again!

2. Nice dodge my post-"Jesus Christ is the New Covenant"-you.

Clown-no scripture says that-another Pate made up-ism.

No, I have the righteousness of God, apart from the law,per Romans 3:21 KJV; you, on the other hand, assert that others are justified by the law keeping of Jesus Christ being imputed to them-made up satanic "doctrine."

Agree, but not you, as you assert that you/others are justified by the law keeping of Jesus Christ being imputed to them-made up satanic "doctrine. And you spam that to everyone, satanic accuser-I've said just the opposite, habitual liar, for years on TOL. Being justified by faith, w/o the law, and not being under the judgment of the law, and not having the law as a "rule of life," is a straw man, devious, satanic ploy on your part, or you're a drunk, demon possessed , as that does not mean what your daddy the devil tells you it means, i.e., that the law was abolished/was destroyed/no longer exists/has vanished/is void-that is a satanic "interpretation" from the pits of hell.

Warning. Beware of John W. His objective is to try and put Christians under the law and to be subject to it. If you are subject to it, Christ will profit you nothing. He is a perverter of the Gospel and justification by faith.

turbosixx

Only the ones that you create. The Holy Spirit, not the law is the Christians guide, Romans 8:1.

Why did Paul say remove this man and turn him over to Satan if he hasn't broken any laws/commandments? They thought they were free from laws and therefore were boasting of their freedom in Christ.

1 Cor. 5:1 It is actually reported that there is sexual immorality among you, and of a kind that is not tolerated even among pagans, for a man has his father's wife. 2 And you are arrogant! Ought you not rather to mourn? Let him who has done this be removed from among you.

Robert Pate

Banned
Why did Paul say remove this man and turn him over to Satan if he hasn't broken any laws/commandments? They thought they were free from laws and therefore were boasting of their freedom in Christ.

1 Cor. 5:1 It is actually reported that there is sexual immorality among you, and of a kind that is not tolerated even among pagans, for a man has his father's wife. 2 And you are arrogant! Ought you not rather to mourn? Let him who has done this be removed from among you.

There were all kinds of people that Paul ministered to. Not all were Christians.

Paul said that the law is not for the righteous man, 1 Timothy 1:9,10.

Christians that are indwelt with the Holy Spirit don't need the law.

fishrovmen

You are a sad case. You are under the law and will be judged by the law and condemned.

Using your own "logic"?, Since everyone who doesn't agree with you is an unbeliever or void of the Holy Spirit or a heretic etc., and very few people, if any, actually do agree with you, then that makes your "savior" the savior of very few people.
I wonder if you ever stop from your rants to actually read and try to understand what many have been telling you for a long time?

Robert Pate

Banned
Using your own "logic"?, Since everyone who doesn't agree with you is an unbeliever or void of the Holy Spirit or a heretic etc., and very few people, if any, actually do agree with you, then that makes your "savior" the savior of very few people.
I wonder if you ever stop from your rants to actually read and try to understand what many have been telling you for a long time?

Almost everything that I quote is backed by scripture. If you are going to be my critic I suggest that you do it with scripture. In my opinion if it is not backed by scripture it is just hot air.

fishrovmen

If you dont understand English what good is using scripture? You cant understand what people say to you.

john w

Hall of Fame
Warning. Beware of John W. His objective is to try and put Christians under the law and to be subject to it. If you are subject to it, Christ will profit you nothing. He is a perverter of the Gospel and justification by faith.

Satanic accuser. Show me where I said Christians are subject to the law, its jurisdiction, and are to bee ruled by it, devil child. Show me the post(s).

Watch the deceiver assert that since I testify that no scripture asserts that God's holy law has been abolished/has been eliminated/has been made void/has been destroyed/has vanished, like devil boy Pate does, on record, that means Christians are under/subject to it, which is a false dichotomy, straw man, satanic ploy, on his part, from his daddy the devil, from the pits of hell.

And Pate, the hypocrite, on record, asserts that believers are justified by vicarious law keeping, the Savior's keeping the law, being imputed to them=satanic.

Status
Not open for further replies.