"The Just (Justified) Shall Live By Faith, " Romans 1:17

God's Truth

This was before He shed His blood. This was before He told them that He had to shed His blood for the forgiving of their sins. They didn't know about His blood covering their sins. He had told them that He had come to forgive the sins of the world, but they didn't understand what that entailed. Now this is what is known as "rightly dividing the word of truth." All the Bible is for us, but it is not all to us. Jesus was "sent to the lost sheep of the house of Israel." Divide the Word.

All the Bible is for us, and became to us when we come to the Lord to be saved.

John 12:32 And I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all people to myself."

God's Truth

Why are they no longer needed?

They are no longer needed because faith that Jesus' blood makes us clean is what makes us clean. HOWEVER, that does NOT mean we no longer have to obey God, it means we no longer have to get circumcised and no longer have to sacrifice animals.

Last edited:

God's Truth

Here is another scripture for you.

Now concentrate real hard and try to understand.

"For by grace (God's goodness) are you saved through faith; and not that of yourself: IT IS THE GIFT OF GOD" Ephesians 2:8.
What does Jesus' blood do?

Jesus' blood CLEANS US.

How did the Jews USED TO HAVE TO clean themselves?

They used to do the ceremonial works, such as get circumcised and sacrifice animals.

SO THEN, what makes it a free gift?

Not having to do works to clean ourselves makes it a free gift.

Obeying God does NOT disqualify someone for the free gift!

Last edited:

God's Truth

That is not what the Bible says. Reconciliation is offered right now. He is not imputing trespasses right now. He says (through his prophets) the dead will be judged according to their works. And good luck with being the cleanest rat in hell.

Romans 2:11 For God does not show favoritism.

God's Truth

Insults can't help you, you still teach that heresy of salvation by works, by what a person does!

It is never ever wrong to obey God.

There is NOT a bad or wrong time to obey God, especially when one wants to be saved.

Just listen to yourself, you are condemning obedience.

Robert Pate and you both preach no one can obey before they are saved---AND IF THEY DO---THEY ARE CONDEMNED.

Neither one of you can be reasoned with, you both have been ensnared.

Even a Catholic and a Mormon can obey God by not having sex before marriage. THAT obedience is NOT what condemns them. What condemns them is not furthering their obedience.

Obedience to God is not what separates us from God. What separates us from God is when we do NOT obey Him.

Isaiah 59:2 But your iniquities have separated you from your God; your sins have hidden his face from you, so that he will not hear.

God's Truth

Yes, If you do not call upon the name of the Lord to save you, Romans 10:13. you will perish, John 3:18.

Not all who call on Jesus, "Lord, Lord" will be saved.

What did they do Robert?

They called on the Lord, did they not?

They called on Jesus, "Lord, Lord..."

Why was THEIR CALLING ON THE LORD ineffective?

I will tell you why, it is because they did NOT OBEY.

Luke 6:46 "Why do you call me, 'Lord, Lord,' and do not do what I say?

Did you read that and hear?

God's Truth

Teaching salvation by works again, by what a person does, and so dishonoring Jesus Christ!

Just listen to your absurdity. You, and Robert claim that a person is disqualified for salvation if they do what Jesus says to do.

Robert argues that no, we are only having faith, we are not doing anything else.

You argue against Robert by saying watch out, for faith is obedience, and it will condemn you.

NEITHER ONE OF YOU see the twisted teachings handed down to you.

beloved57

Just listen to your absurdity. You, and Robert claim that a person is disqualified for salvation if they do what Jesus says to do.

Robert argues that no, we are only having faith, we are not doing anything else.

You argue against Robert by saying watch out, for faith is obedience, and it will condemn you.

You and pate teach salvation by works, a damnable heresy!

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
One receives the gift by trusting the Lord believing how that Christ died for our sins and that He was buried and rose again the third day!

1 Corinthians 15:1-4 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; 2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. 3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; 4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

TULIP sniffers: Take notice of the order!

Ephesians 1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, 14 Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.
Tulip say God made believers willing

Robert Pate

Banned

I can't find anywhere in the Bible where it says we are saved by faith plus our obedience.

Your obedience is not going to count in the judgment because you are a sinner, Romans 3:10.

Robert Pate

Banned
Cause God made them willing.
You willed it on your own without God.
Big difference!
We can tell by your continuous everyday boastings.

The Holy Spirit called and I answered.

Just like those on the day of Pentecost, Acts 2:41.

The Holy Spirit is present in the Gospel. We hear, we believe and we are saved,

Nanja

A dead man can't hear.

Hearing comes by having Life.
Hence, a person cannot hear the Gospel unto Salvation
if he is not Born of God.

John 8:47
He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not,
because ye are not of God.

But God gives Spiritual Life John 3:6 and the Hearing Ear to all His Election of Grace Prov. 20:12 because He ordained them to Eternal Life Acts 13:48.

2 Thes. 2:13-14
13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:
14 Whereunto he called you by our gospel, to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord
Jesus Christ.

~~~~~

genuineoriginal

"The Just (Justified) Shall Live By Faith, " Romans 1:17
Not quite.
Here is a better translation of original verse that Paul was quoting:

Habakkuk 2:4 CJB
4 “Look at the proud: he is inwardly not upright; but the righteous will attain life through trusting faithfulness.​

Notice that it says nothing about "justified", but it does mention the "righteous".
Also, faith is correctly translated as trusting faithfulness instead of the dead belief without works that you think is faith.

Robert Pate

Banned
A dead man can't hear.

Hearing comes by having Life.
Hence, a person cannot hear the Gospel unto Salvation
if he is not Born of God.

John 8:47
He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not,
because ye are not of God.

But God gives Spiritual Life John 3:6 and the Hearing Ear to all His Election of Grace Prov. 20:12 because He ordained them to Eternal Life Acts 13:48.

2 Thes. 2:13-14
13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:
14 Whereunto he called you by our gospel, to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord
Jesus Christ.

~~~~~

You have it backwards.

In Acts Chapter 2, they heard the Gospel, they believed the Gospel and they received the Holy Spirit.

Paul said to the Galatians, "Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law (because you did something) or by the hearing of faith? (hearing and believing the Gospel) Galatians 3:2.

The Holy Spirit is only present in the Gospel. There is no other way that you can receive the Holy Spirit.

Robert Pate

Banned
Not quite.
Here is a better translation of original verse that Paul was quoting:

Habakkuk 2:4 CJB
4 “Look at the proud: he is inwardly not upright; but the righteous will attain life through trusting faithfulness.​

Notice that it says nothing about "justified", but it does mention the "righteous".
Also, faith is correctly translated as trusting faithfulness instead of the dead belief without works that you think is faith.

That is not a better translation. That is Old Testament stuff.

Paul said that, "There is none righteous, no, not one" Romans 3:10.

I'll stick with Paul.