The Joys of Catholicism

God's Truth

And yet He instituted the Eucharist, and the Church has celebrated this sacrament ever since.

Jesus lives in the heart of the saved, and we don't have to go to any building to be near him, for you said you missed Jesus in the Eucharist and that you missed not being able to fully commune with him. JESUS LIVES in the saved so how could you not commune with him and how could you miss him?

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
Jesus lives in the heart of the saved, and we don't have to go to any building to be near him, for you said you missed Jesus in the Eucharist and that you missed not being able to fully commune with him. JESUS LIVES in the saved so how could you not commune with him and how could you miss him?
Because he cleanses me of the temporal penalties for my forgiven /venial sins, when I licitly receive Him in the Eucharist. Weekly, if I go to Mass weekly. I missed 11 eleven weeks of Him doing that for me.

God's Truth

Because he cleanses me of the temporal penalties for my forgiven /venial sins, when I licitly receive Him in the Eucharist. Weekly, if I go to Mass weekly. I missed 11 eleven weeks of Him doing that for me.

Catholics believe that the Lord’s Supper is a sacrifice, a sacrifice every Mass where through the priest the wafers turn into Jesus’ body. Catholics believe they are experiencing a miracle when the priest does this.
Read what the word of God says. The word of God tells us that Jesus is the Sacrificial Lamb. In the Old Testament day after day every priest performs his religious duties again and again, offering the same sacrifices. However, when Jesus offered for all time one sacrifice for sins, he sat down at the right hand of God, see Hebrews 10:12. Did you hear that? Jesus offered for ALL time ONE SACRIFICE for sins. Jesus is not in a wafer, he is at the right hand of the Father and in the saved.

By one sacrifice he has made perfect forever those who are being made holy, see Hebrews 10:14. By “one sacrifice,” not a daily or weekly sacrifice of turning the wafers into the body of Christ, over and over again, by many priests all over the world.

We have been made holy through the sacrifice of the body of Jesus Christ once for all, see Hebrews 10:10. How hard is that for anyone to understand that we have been made holy THROUGH the BODY of Jesus Christ ONCE for all?

Christ did not enter a man-made sanctuary that was only a copy of the true one; he entered heaven itself, now to appear for us in God’s presence. Nor did he enter heaven to offer himself again and again, the way the high priest enters the Most Holy Place every year with blood that is not his own. Then Christ would have had to suffer many times since the creation of the world. But now he has appeared once for all at the end of the ages to do away with sin by the sacrifice of himself, see Hebrews 9:24-26. Jesus has appeared ONCE for ALL, not again and again in a wafer.

clefty

You don't understand what you're doing. This is an argument that you are a bishop, and that Catholics should turn away from our authentic bishops, and thus Catholicism, and to listen to you instead.
You’re right I didnt understand I was doing that...had no idea only RC bishops were talking to you...thought maybe since on a forum we could discuss debate share...let Scripture show and the Spirit lead...but no way am I a bishop...nor want to be...lots of responsibility and accountability that...and with all the distractions and temptations...children...money...etc...did I mention money...100s of millions from US tax payers...nope not interested at all...heaviest is the head that wears that cap thingy right?

I don't buy it. And the reason I don't buy it is because the argument that my actual bishop is my real bishop, and not you or anyone else, is too strong. The evidence that the office that my bishop currently holds, is the same office that was created by the Apostles, and is recorded in the Bible, is too strong. The Church never just suddenly called someone a bishop, it always involved the imposition of hands, and the first bishops, people like James who wrote the eponymous epistle, and Titus and Timothy, were consecrated by the hands of the actual Apostles. We then read that these first generation bishops, all made by the Apostles themselves, by their hands, were instructed to continue this sacrament of Holy Orders, to choose men to hold the office of bishop. This process has never ceased ever since the Apostolic era. My bishop was consecrated in the same manner as the Church's second generation bishops were, by the imposition of the hands of current bishops.
indeed much formality and heirarchal authority and responsibility and accountability... pomp and ceremony...true holiness is claimed...however...history is less kind to the men...their office...and only the history revealed...by chance? Who knows what else is in those miles of caves...

Like James and Timothy and Titus, what we now call diocesan bishops are the bishops overseeing a region, city, or area of a country. As the Church grew, bishops were needed more and more, because the Church in different cities and regions needed their own bishops. My own diocese of Boston wasn't even created until after Catholics traveled to the New World, it's very new, quite unlike the ancient dioceses of Jerusalem, Antioch, and Rome, all instituted during the Apostolic era. But the office of a bishop (cf. 1 Timothy 3:1) is near two thousand years old, and the exact same procedure for appointing men to that office exists today as it did when the Apostles first created it in the first century AD.
yes I am aware of catholics arriving here in WASP america and seen what transpired for it...might even join that “know nothing” party given a chance...small bulwark though it was in this counter reformation...

about all that formality of tradition and the authority of ancients and evangelical growth...I mean consider the growth...might we compare the church now to what it looked like in that first century...when James errr Peter was first Pope?... Make a two column chart of “then” and “now”...perhaps a time line of that progression...do you think Peter would even recognize what was founded upon him? I mean Him...

with such authoritative succession it is surprising little things like leavened or unleavened bread or the Trinity’s filioque could NOT be resolved over the centuries...

why even the arrival of V2 it’s modernization and ecumenical desire to woo the world and cease the protest is a bit much as it has torn the church apart...a civil war may erupt as the growing militant church seeks a TRUER POPE from amongst more faithful bishops...suddenly V2 is too much change...the irony

we know of course that inside that multi kulti Marxist liberation theology glove which is collapsing the reformation is the iron roman fist...yes? Deus vult the reconquista...

You have to argue that this office is nullified today, before you can begin to argue that Catholics ought to listen to you instead. Do you have an argument for why Catholics should believe that the office of bishop is nullified, and that therefore the officers who are called bishops, are invalid?

doubtful I can come up with anything convincing for you...’cept maybe that the chair is indeed empty...since long long before V2?

Idolater

Catholics believe that the Lord’s Supper is a sacrifice, a sacrifice every Mass where through the priest the wafers turn into Jesus’ body. Catholics believe they are experiencing a miracle when the priest does this.
Read what the word of God says. The word of God tells us that Jesus is the Sacrificial Lamb. In the Old Testament day after day every priest performs his religious duties again and again, offering the same sacrifices. However, when Jesus offered for all time one sacrifice for sins, he sat down at the right hand of God, see Hebrews 10:12. Did you hear that? Jesus offered for ALL time ONE SACRIFICE for sins. Jesus is not in a wafer, he is at the right hand of the Father and in the saved.

By one sacrifice he has made perfect forever those who are being made holy, see Hebrews 10:14. By “one sacrifice,” not a daily or weekly sacrifice of turning the wafers into the body of Christ, over and over again, by many priests all over the world.

We have been made holy through the sacrifice of the body of Jesus Christ once for all, see Hebrews 10:10. How hard is that for anyone to understand that we have been made holy THROUGH the BODY of Jesus Christ ONCE for all?

Christ did not enter a man-made sanctuary that was only a copy of the true one; he entered heaven itself, now to appear for us in God’s presence. Nor did he enter heaven to offer himself again and again, the way the high priest enters the Most Holy Place every year with blood that is not his own. Then Christ would have had to suffer many times since the creation of the world. But now he has appeared once for all at the end of the ages to do away with sin by the sacrifice of himself, see Hebrews 9:24-26. Jesus has appeared ONCE for ALL, not again and again in a wafer.
too long dint read

What's your main point---besides that you are your own bishop and pope, and that nobody should be Catholic? Besides those things, what's the gist of what you are trying to say? Again what I said was that I missed the Lord Jesus in the Eucharist cleansing me of the penalties for all my venial sins, and then you posted this "wall of text".

God's Truth

too long dint read

What's your main point---besides that you are your own bishop and pope, and that nobody should be Catholic? Besides those things, what's the gist of what you are trying to say? Again what I said was that I missed the Lord Jesus in the Eucharist cleansing me of the penalties for all my venial sins, and then you posted this "wall of text".

How's this: Christ's body is not in a wafer it is in heaven seated at the right hand of the Father. He was sacrificed ONCE and for all not over and over a billion times at the hands of a Catholic priest.

Last edited:

Idolater

How's this: Christ's body is not in a wafer it is in heaven seated at the right hand of the Father. He was sacrificed ONCE and for all not over and over a billion times at the hands of a Catholic priest.
Well you're 1/3rd right. He is seated at the right hand of the Father. And the Church is the Body of Christ. And the Real Presence of Christ in the Eucharist is true.

God's Truth

Well you're 1/3rd right. He is seated at the right hand of the Father. And the Church is the Body of Christ. And the Real Presence of Christ in the Eucharist is true.

Jesus' body is not in a wafer sacrificed billions of times. That is against the Word of God.

Idolater

No such thing. That is made up by sinful men.

Jesus' body is not in a wafer sacrificed billions of times. That is against the Word of God.
Troll. I'm not interested in your paganism. You go ahead and keep walking down that path all alone like you are and have been. I'll not be joining you. I like my path, the one that Jesus and His Apostles paved for me, for all of His sheep, we just have to heed our Shepherd.

God's Truth

Troll. I'm not interested in your paganism. You go ahead and keep walking down that path all alone like you are and have been. I'll not be joining you. I like my path, the one that Jesus and His Apostles paved for me, for all of His sheep, we just have to heed our Shepherd.

Look at that ugly name calling you do and yet are still not treated that way by me.

I'm not alone I have the Lord with me.

You speak of the apostles and pit them against each other when you say you follow Peter. How is that right?

Idolater

Look at that ugly name calling you do and yet are still not treated that way by me.

I'm not alone I have the Lord with me.

You speak of the apostles and pit them against each other when you say you follow Peter. How is that right?
Oh stop. You're so dramatic. Drama queen.

Idolater

You don't sound joyful and nice.
Oh what a clever gas lighting passive aggressive troll you are. Wow. If only there were a way to become famous or wealthy or powerful or influential for such a stupid talent. Stop being so stubborn you moron. Whenever it was that you first decided that you knew better than everyone else, whatever day that was, was the day you decided to be as stupid as possible for the rest of your life. Don't say I didn't warn you, and good luck, with all of that.

I've never put any user on ignore my whole tenure on this site gt. As Nihilo I've been on here over 20 years now. Not a single user ever put on ignore by me. But you have gotten me thinking. So maybe that's something you can consider a feather in your cap, since that's what's important for you obviously, being that you're the pope of your own religion that you made up right around the time you decided to become stubborner than a mindless donkey.

God's Truth

Oh what a clever gas lighting passive aggressive troll you are. Wow. If only there were a way to become famous or wealthy or powerful or influential for such a stupid talent. Stop being so stubborn you moron. Whenever it was that you first decided that you knew better than everyone else, whatever day that was, was the day you decided to be as stupid as possible for the rest of your life. Don't say I didn't warn you, and good luck, with all of that.

I've never put any user on ignore my whole tenure on this site gt. As Nihilo I've been on here over 20 years now. Not a single user ever put on ignore by me. But you have gotten me thinking. So maybe that's something you can consider a feather in your cap, since that's what's important for you obviously, being that you're the pope of your own religion that you made up right around the time you decided to become stubborner than a mindless donkey.

Dint read it too long.

clefty

Not only do you twist Scripture...or destroy protestant understanding but now you even manage to mangle your catholic teachings...

This is not what is taught by them...He is not sacrificed billions of times but instead through the act of the Mass and the authority of the priest He comes again to that time of sacrifice again...its suspended in time by which they partake again of it...or something...

The time-transcendent dimension of Jesus’ unique and unrepeatable sacrificial death on Good Friday is such that he is referred to as “the Lamb slain before the foundation of the world” (Revelation 13:8). Dr. Scott Hahn comments: “The Mass is the ‘once for all,’ perfect sacrifice of Calvary, which is presented on heaven’s altar for all eternity. It is not a ‘repeat performance.’ There is only one sacrifice; it is perpetual and eternal, and so it needs never be repeated. Yet the Mass is our participation in that one sacrifice and in the eternal life of the Trinity in heaven, where the Lamb stands eternally “as if slain’ (Rev. 5:6)

https://catholicstrength.com/tag/the...us-on-calvary/

but yeah not a repeated crucifixion...can’t keep the Romans that busy...lol

Last edited:

clefty

I wasn't as happy when I couldn't go to Mass, because of the pandemic /pestilence /plague. I'm very happy now that I can, and that I have. What was your point? My feeling about Jesus was that I missed Him in the Eucharist, and I'm very happy that I can fully commune with Him again, as it was in the beginning (Acts 2:42).

not exactly like it was in Acts 2:42 but yeah breaking bread together...

so the Mass you assist... is it N.O. or Latin or?

Just curious as there is a desire by some to return to earlier tradition...again not exactly as it was in Acts 2:42 but earlier than 1960s V2 “modernization”