The Jews are the rightful owners of the entire land of Palestine

marke

Never mind what rebels against God say to the contrary, God gave the entire land of Palestine to Abraham and his descendants through Jacob for a perpetual inheritance.

Genesis 17
5 Neither shall thy name any more be called Abram, but thy name shall be Abraham; for a father of many nations have I made thee.

6 And I will make thee exceeding fruitful, and I will make nations of thee, and kings shall come out of thee.

7 And I will establish my covenant between me and thee and thy seed after thee in their generations for an everlasting covenant, to be a God unto thee, and to thy seed after thee.

8 And I will give unto thee, and to thy seed after thee, the land wherein thou art a stranger, all the land of Canaan, for an everlasting possession; and I will be their God.

Gen. 35
9 And God appeared unto Jacob again, when he came out of Padanaram, and blessed him.

10 And God said unto him, Thy name is Jacob: thy name shall not be called any more Jacob, but Israel shall be thy name: and he called his name Israel.

11 And God said unto him, I am God Almighty: be fruitful and multiply; a nation and a company of nations shall be of thee, and kings shall come out of thy loins;

12 And the land which I gave Abraham and Isaac, to thee I will give it, and to thy seed after thee will I give the land.

Bob_Bennet

BANNED
Banned
I will never forget hearing an interview with Yasser Arafat, and behind the English translation I could hear him speaking in his own tongue. When the translator said the word Palestinians, he said "Philistines". That blew my mind. Palestinians today are actually the Philistines.

So, who are the Philistines? Here is a Christian Encyclopedia quote:

Philistines (Hebrew: PLSTYM; LXX philistieim in the Pentateuch and Josue, elsewhere allophuloit, “foreigners”). In the Biblical account the Philistines come into prominence as the inhabitants of the maritime plain of Palestine from the time of the Judges onward. They are mentioned in the genealogy of the nations (Gen., x, 14; cf. I Par., i, 11, 12), where together with the Caphtorim they are set down as descendants of Mesraim. It is conjectured with probability that they came originally from Crete, sometimes identified with Caphtor, and that they belonged to a piratical, seafaring people. They make their first appearance in Biblical history late in the period of the Judges in connection with the prophesied birth of the hero Samson. The angel appearing to Saraa, wife of Manue of the race of Dan, tells her that, though barren, she shall bear a son who “shall begin to deliver Israel from the hands of the Philistines” (Judges, xiii, 1-5); and we are informed in the same passage that the domination of the Philistines over Israel had lasted forty years. In the subsequent chapters graphic accounts are given of the encounters between Samson and these enemies of his nation who were encroaching upon Israel’s western border. In the early days of Samuel we find the Philistines trying to make themselves masters of the interior of Palestine, and in one of the ensuing battles they succeeded in capturing the Ark of the Covenant (I Kings, iv). The coming of a pestilence upon them, however, induced them to return it, and it remained for many years in the house of Abinadab in Cariathiarim (I Kings, v; vi; vii). After Saul became king the Philistines tried to break his power, but were unsuccessful, chiefly owing to the bravery of Jonathan (I Kings, xiii; xiv). Their progress was not, however, permanently checked, for we are told (I Kings, xiv, 52) that there was a “great war against the Philistines all the days of Saul“, and at the end of the latter’s reign we find their army still in possession of the rich plain of Jezrael including the city of Bethsan on its eastern border (I Kings, xxxi, 10). They met with a severe defeat, however, early in the reign of David (II Kings, v, 20-25), who succeeded in reducing them to a state of vassalage (II Kings, viii, 1). Prior to this date the power of the Philistines seems to have been concentrated in the hands of the rulers of the cities of Gaza, Ascalon, Azotus (Ashdod), Accaron, and Geth, and a peculiar title signifying “Lord of the Philistines” was borne by each of these petty kings. The Philistines regained their independence at the end of the reign of David, probably about the time of the schism, for we find the Kings of Israel in the ninth century endeavoring to wrest from them Gebbethon, a city on the border of the maritime plain (III Kings, xv, 27; xvi, 15). Towards the close of the same century the Assyrian ruler, King Adad-Nirari, placed them under tribute and began the long series of Assyrian interference in Philistine affairs. In Amos (i, 6, 8) we find a denunciation of the Philistine monarchies as among the independent kingdoms of the time.

During the latter part of the eighth century and during the whole of the seventh the history of the Philistines is made up of a continual series of conspiracies, conquests, and rebellions. Their principal foes were the Assyrians on the one side and the Egyptians on the other. In the year of the fall of Samaria (721 B.C.) they became vassals of Sargon. They rebelled, however, ten years later under the leadership of Ashdod, but without permanent success. Another attempt was made to shake off the Assyrian yoke at the end of the reign of Sennacherib. In this conflict the Philistine King of Accaron, who remained faithful to Sennacherib, was cast into prison by King Ezechias of Juda. The allies who were thus brought together were defeated at Eltekeh and the result was the siege of Jerusalem by Sennacherib (IV Kings, xviii—xix). Esarhaddon and Asurbanipal in their western campaigns crossed the territory of the Philistines and held it in subjection, and after the decline of Assyria the encroachments of the Assyrians gave place to those of the Egyptians under the Twenty-sixth Dynasty. It is probable that the Philistines suffered defeat at the hands of Nabuchodonosor, though no record of his conquest of them has been preserved. The old title “Lords of the Philistines” has now disappeared, and the title “King” is bestowed by the Assyrians on the Philistine rulers. The siege of Gaza, which held out against Alexander the Great, is famous, and we find the Ptolemies and Seleucids frequently fighting over Philistine territory. The land finally passed under Roman rule, and its cities had subsequently an important history. After the time of the Assyrians the Philistines cease to be mentioned by this name. Thus Herodotus speaks of the “Arabians” as being in possession of the lower Mediterranean coast in the time of Cambyses. From this it is inferred by some that at that time the Philistines had been supplanted. In the ebb and flow of warring nations over this land it is more than probable that they were gradually absorbed and lost their identity.

It is generally supposed that the Philistines adopted in the main the religion and civilization of the Canaanites. In I Kings, v, 2, we read: “And the Philistines took the ark of God, and brought it into the temple of Dagon, and set it by Dagon“, from which we infer that their chief god was this Semitic deity. The latter appears in the Tel el-Amarna Letters and also in the Babylonian inscriptions. At Ascalon likewise there was a temple dedicated to the Semitic goddess Ishtar, and as the religion of the Philistines was thus evidently Semitic, so also were probably the other features of their civilization.

marke

Palestinian Leader Mahmoud Abbas claimed the Palestinians are actually Canaanites who occupied God's land of Judea before He gave the land to Abraham and his Jewish descendants. Mamoud was making that bogus claim because he knew the Palestinians never owned the land of Judea once in their short history.

“We will remain in our homeland, and the outsiders on this land has no right in this country. The land is for its inhabitants, this land is for the Canaanites who were here 5,000 years ago, and we are the Canaanites.”This claim has been made frequently by Palestinian leaders despite its blatant lack of historical veracity.

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
Marke, Vlad "the Moron" Putin says, " The Russians are the rightful owners of the entire land of Ukraine"

marke

Marke, Vlad "the Moron" Putin says, " The Russians are the rightful owners of the entire land of Ukraine"
Putin suffers from blindness and ignorance, thinking like so many other lost people, that he owns land that belongs to God. Putin is just a squatter and when God pulls his number he will be dead and then stop stupidly thinking he owns God's property.

Eric h

Gen. 35

12 And the land which I gave Abraham and Isaac, to thee I will give it, and to thy seed after thee will I give the land.

But .

Leviticus 19
33 " 'When an alien lives with you in your land, do not mistreat him. 34 The alien living with you must be treated as one of your native-born. Love him as yourself, for you were aliens in Egypt. I am the LORD your God..

Ezekiel 47
21 “You are to distribute this land among yourselves according to the tribes of Israel. 22 You are to allot it as an inheritance for yourselves and for the foreigners residing among you and who have children. You are to consider them as native-born Israelites; along with you they are to be allotted an inheritance among the tribes of Israel. 23 In whatever tribe a foreigner resides, there you are to give them their inheritance,” declares the Sovereign LORD.

Leviticus 24
You are to have the same law for the alien and the native-born. I am the LORD your God.

Exodus 22:21
"Do not mistreat an alien or oppress him, for you were aliens in Egypt.

Leviticus 19:10
Do not go over your vineyard a second time or pick up the grapes that have fallen. Leave them for the poor and the alien. I am the LORD your God.

Malachi 3

5 I will draw near to you for judgment,

and I will be swift to bear witness

Against sorcerers, adulterers, and perjurers,

those who deprive a laborer of wages,

Oppress a widow or an orphan,

or turn aside a resident alien,

without fearing me, says the LORD of hosts.

marke

But .

Leviticus 19
33 " 'When an alien lives with you in your land, do not mistreat him. 34 The alien living with you must be treated as one of your native-born. Love him as yourself, for you were aliens in Egypt. I am the LORD your God..

Ezekiel 47
21 “You are to distribute this land among yourselves according to the tribes of Israel. 22 You are to allot it as an inheritance for yourselves and for the foreigners residing among you and who have children. You are to consider them as native-born Israelites; along with you they are to be allotted an inheritance among the tribes of Israel. 23 In whatever tribe a foreigner resides, there you are to give them their inheritance,” declares the Sovereign LORD.

Leviticus 24
You are to have the same law for the alien and the native-born. I am the LORD your God.

Exodus 22:21
"Do not mistreat an alien or oppress him, for you were aliens in Egypt.

Leviticus 19:10
Do not go over your vineyard a second time or pick up the grapes that have fallen. Leave them for the poor and the alien. I am the LORD your God.

Malachi 3

5 I will draw near to you for judgment,

and I will be swift to bear witness

Against sorcerers, adulterers, and perjurers,

those who deprive a laborer of wages,

Oppress a widow or an orphan,

or turn aside a resident alien,

without fearing me, says the LORD of hosts.
Jews were to be kind to their neighbors but they were forbidden from selling their land to the heathen.

Leviticus 25
23 The land shall not be sold for ever: for the land is mine, for ye are strangers and sojourners with me.

24 And in all the land of your possession ye shall grant a redemption for the land.

Eric h

Ezekiel 47
It sounds like Jews and foreigners have the same right to land.

TrevorL

Greetings marke,
Never mind what rebels against God say to the contrary, God gave the entire land of Palestine to Abraham and his descendants through Jacob for a perpetual inheritance.
History does not support this claim as the descendants of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob have only had some temporary possession at different times. Abraham himself did not receive the inheritance during his lifetime, Isaac seems to have some stability, but Jacob and the twelve sons were removed to Egypt towards the end of Jacob's life. Perhaps the most successful period was under David and Solomon, but even very faithful descendants of Abraham, such as Daniel and Ezekiel lived a large part of their life in exile. God is in control of the nations, and he decides when and where the various nations reside. God brought the Romans against Judea and Jerusalem in AD 70 and allowed the Holy Land and Jerusalem to be trodden down by the Gentiles for 1900 years, but in 1948 brought about the establishment of the State of Israel, and the recapture of Jerusalem in 1967.

The promises to Abraham have many details, and many layers. The promises included the statement concerning his descendants dwelling in Egypt and then their return to the Holy Land. God has his own time and purpose and the present regathering in the Land is not the individual inheritance of each Jew of their land, but part of God's ultimate purpose centred around the return of Jesus from heaven and the establishment of the Kingdom of God upon the earth.

As far as the inheritance of the Land, the following was promised to Abraham:
Genesis 13:14–15 (KJV): 14 And the LORD said unto Abram, after that Lot was separated from him, Lift up now thine eyes, and look from the place where thou art northward, and southward, and eastward, and westward: 15 For all the land which thou seest, to thee will I give it, and to thy seed for ever.
Abraham never received the Land during his lifetime:
Acts 7:2–5 (KJV): 2 And he said, Men, brethren, and fathers, hearken; The God of glory appeared unto our father Abraham, when he was in Mesopotamia, before he dwelt in Charran, 3 And said unto him, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and come into the land which I shall shew thee. 4 Then came he out of the land of the Chaldaeans, and dwelt in Charran: and from thence, when his father was dead, he removed him into this land, wherein ye now dwell. 5 And he gave him none inheritance in it, no, not so much as to set his foot on: yet he promised that he would give it to him for a possession, and to his seed after him, when as yet he had no child.

Paul takes up the theme in the following and shows that Genesis 13:14-15 has its fulfillment in Abraham and Christ, his seed or descendant:
Galatians 3:16 (KJV): Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

The faithful will share in the promise of the Land when they believe and are baptised into Christ:
Galatians 3:26–29 (KJV): 26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus. 27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus. 29 And if ye be Christ’s, then are ye Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.

There are other aspects of the promises that will include the Jews in the Land. While Abraham and the faithful will inherit the Land for ever with Christ when he comes to rule in the Kingdom of God upon the earth for the 1000 years, many of the Jews will be converted and they and their descendants will become the mortal inhabitants in the Land during the Kingdom.

Kind regards
Trevor

marke

Greetings marke,

History does not support this claim as the descendants of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob have only had some temporary possession at different times. Abraham himself did not receive the inheritance during his lifetime, Isaac seems to have some stability, but Jacob and the twelve sons were removed to Egypt towards the end of Jacob's life. Perhaps the most successful period was under David and Solomon, but even very faithful descendants of Abraham, such as Daniel and Ezekiel lived a large part of their life in exile. God is in control of the nations, and he decides when and where the various nations reside. God brought the Romans against Judea and Jerusalem in AD 70 and allowed the Holy Land and Jerusalem to be trodden down by the Gentiles for 1900 years, but in 1948 brought about the establishment of the State of Israel, and the recapture of Jerusalem in 1967.

The promises to Abraham have many details, and many layers. The promises included the statement concerning his descendants dwelling in Egypt and then their return to the Holy Land. God has his own time and purpose and the present regathering in the Land is not the individual inheritance of each Jew of their land, but part of God's ultimate purpose centred around the return of Jesus from heaven and the establishment of the Kingdom of God upon the earth.

As far as the inheritance of the Land, the following was promised to Abraham:
Genesis 13:14–15 (KJV): 14 And the LORD said unto Abram, after that Lot was separated from him, Lift up now thine eyes, and look from the place where thou art northward, and southward, and eastward, and westward: 15 For all the land which thou seest, to thee will I give it, and to thy seed for ever.
Abraham never received the Land during his lifetime:
Acts 7:2–5 (KJV): 2 And he said, Men, brethren, and fathers, hearken; The God of glory appeared unto our father Abraham, when he was in Mesopotamia, before he dwelt in Charran, 3 And said unto him, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and come into the land which I shall shew thee. 4 Then came he out of the land of the Chaldaeans, and dwelt in Charran: and from thence, when his father was dead, he removed him into this land, wherein ye now dwell. 5 And he gave him none inheritance in it, no, not so much as to set his foot on: yet he promised that he would give it to him for a possession, and to his seed after him, when as yet he had no child.

Paul takes up the theme in the following and shows that Genesis 13:14-15 has its fulfillment in Abraham and Christ, his seed or descendant:
Galatians 3:16 (KJV): Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

The faithful will share in the promise of the Land when they believe and are baptised into Christ:
Galatians 3:26–29 (KJV): 26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus. 27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus. 29 And if ye be Christ’s, then are ye Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.

There are other aspects of the promises that will include the Jews in the Land. While Abraham and the faithful will inherit the Land for ever with Christ when he comes to rule in the Kingdom of God upon the earth for the 1000 years, many of the Jews will be converted and they and their descendants will become the mortal inhabitants in the Land during the Kingdom.

Kind regards
Trevor
Who owns the land? Certainly not the Palestinians. They never owned the land at any time in history. God owns the land and He gave it to the Jews and the fact that the Jews have not held onto possession of the land for the entire history of the Jewish nation does not negate the fact that it is theirs from God.

TrevorL

Greetings again marke,
Who owns the land? Certainly not the Palestinians. They never owned the land at any time in history. God owns the land and He gave it to the Jews and the fact that the Jews have not held onto possession of the land for the entire history of the Jewish nation does not negate the fact that it is theirs from God.
With the time of trouble approaching, the present generation of Jews will only obtain continued existence in the Holy Land when they accept Jesus at his return. An individual unbelieving Jew, who has not accepted Jesus as their Messiah, has no title deeds to the Land, but is a temporary resident.

Kind regards
Trevor

marke

Greetings again marke,

With the time of trouble approaching, the present generation of Jews will only obtain continued existence in the Holy Land when they accept Jesus at his return. An individual unbelieving Jew, who has not accepted Jesus as their Messiah, has no title deeds to the Land, but is a temporary resident.

Kind regards
Trevor
True. The Jews will never peacefully occupy the land God gave them until after Jesus returns to set up His kingdom on earth.

Eric h

God owns the land and He gave it to the Jews
And the Jews have to share the land.

Ezekiel 47

marke

And the Jews have to share the land.

Ezekiel 47
The Jews are to decide whether to give lands and/or which lands to strangers who have converted to Judaism, but the land still belongs to the Jews.

Eric h

The Jews are to decide whether to give lands and/or which lands to strangers who have converted to Judaism, but the land still belongs to the Jews.

It reads as if God commands them to share.

Ezekiel 47

marke

It reads as if God commands them to share.

Ezekiel 47
Maybe they should share their land with strangers. That is between them and God, not between strangers and atheists around the world.

TrevorL

Greetings again marke,
Judaism does not qualify to entitle a Jew to possess and own the Land. The Jews are in the Holy Land in preparation for the return of Jesus and their conversion. Jesus revealed many of the shortcomings of Judaism during his ministry.

Kind regards
Trevor

marke

Greetings again marke,

Judaism does not qualify to entitle a Jew to possess and own the Land. The Jews are in the Holy Land in preparation for the return of Jesus and their conversion. Jesus revealed many of the shortcomings of Judaism during his ministry.

Kind regards
Trevor
God's promise to Abraham does not give Palestinian squatters the right to steal land from the Jews.

TrevorL

Greetings again marke,
God's promise to Abraham does not give Palestinian squatters the right to steal land from the Jews.
This seems to ignore the gradual occupation of some of the Land until the creation of the relatively small nation of Israel in 1948, and then the expansion of their area of control as a result of the events of 1967, including the capture of Jerusalem. There are some religious Jews, exactly how many of each faction I do not know. There are many non-religious Jews, and there are many that are not much different from many Western societies, including some corrupt extremes. One thing that is obvious, to me at least, is that many of these in their present occupation of the Land are not fulfilling the promises to Abraham. So in general, I disagree with the title of your thread, especially with respect to the present situation.

Kind regards
Trevor