The Importance of Believing that Jesus Atoned for the Sins of the World

j4jesus09

God created us to know Him..."that which may be known of God is manifest IN THEM." Thus all men are without excuse.

Romans 1:19-20 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them. For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

Agreed. So how can they resist? Most people go with the simple statement they reject, harden, don't agree or whatever. I think we hold man only or totally accoutable for resisting or rejecting God. What about the devil? What does the adversary do in all of this? What venom of literature is he pushing out. Most people that reject have another doctrine that has been implanted or pushed into their mind. Alot of people especially believers think that we can believe in the word over the deceptions of the devil which are targeted strictly to our fleshly desires. We as humans with any of our decision making will not choose God due to His contrary message and our desire to do the opposite. Good news we can come to believe in the word over all that but not from our own power. God literally must empower us to believe against ourself and the devil. The gospel does have that power contained within the message if God so allows the individual to repentance. Everyone will not believe it though because of the HOLD the devil has on them. NOT necessarily the hold they have on the devil. But God will break those chains in the right time!!

2 timothy 2:25-26

25correcting his opponents with gentleness. God may perhaps grant them repentance leading to a knowledge of the truth, 26and they may come to their senses and escape from the snare of the devil, after being captured by him to do his will.

Jerry Shugart

So can we just understand the teaching without God?

No! We must understand that the gospel comes in the power of the Holy Spirit. If it came in word only then none of us could understand it.

Is something special inside of me?

No!

Am I more smart than another. Am I more wise than another? If so, did the next person not have the same inside them? If so, how can they understand. These are all valid questions that scripture teaches us about.

The difference between you and the unbelievers is the fact that you did not "resist the Holy Spirit."

And here we see why some resist the Holy Spirit:

"He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved. But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God" (Jn.3:18-21).​

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
What scripture says people must choose what they believe ?
Romans 10:13 Modern English Version (MEV)

13 For, “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.”

Joel 2:32 Modern English Version (MEV)

32 And it will be that everyone
who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.
For on Mount Zion and in Jerusalem
there will be deliverance,
as the Lord has said,
and among the survivors
whom the Lord calls.

beloved57

Romans 10:13 Modern English Version (MEV)

13 For, “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.”

Joel 2:32 Modern English Version (MEV)

32 And it will be that everyone
who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.
For on Mount Zion and in Jerusalem
there will be deliverance,
as the Lord has said,
and among the survivors
whom the Lord calls.
Not one of those scriptures say that a person must choose what to believe! You don't believe or understand those verses!

j4jesus09

No! We must understand that the gospel comes in the power of the Holy Spirit. If it came in word only then none of us could understand it.

No!

The difference between you and the unbelievers is the fact that you did not "resist the Holy Spirit."

"He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved. But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God" (Jn.3:18-21).​

I believe I know from my understanding but help me to understand Jerry why I did not resist the holy spirit? From your perspective.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Not one of those scriptures say that a person must choose what to believe! You don't believe or understand those verses!

You do not comprehend the English language very well do you? A second language for you maybe?

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I don't believe you know anything about being saved!

:darwinsm: You're lost man. Believe the gospel and get saved.

1 Corinthians 15:1-4 Modern English Version (MEV)

1 Now, brothers, I declare to you the gospel which I preached to you, which you have received, and in which you stand.

2 Through it you are saved, if you keep in memory what I preached to you, unless you have believed in vain.

3 For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: how Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures,

4 was buried, rose again the third day according to the Scriptures,

Jerry Shugart

I believe I know from my understanding but help me to understand Jerry why I did not resist the holy spirit? From your perspective.

I would say that you resemble the publican here and not the Pharisee:

"Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican. The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican. I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess. And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner. I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted" (Lk.18:10-14).​

Robert Pate

Banned

No!

Not all that hear the Gospel are effected by it.

"For unto us was the Gospel preached, as well as unto them; but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it" Hebrews 4:2.

beloved57

Not all that hear the Gospel are effected by it.

"For unto us was the Gospel preached, as well as unto them; but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it" Hebrews 4:2.

The natural man receives not the things of God and can't know them because they are spiritually discerned 1Cor 2:14! He can't believe the Gospel Rom 8:8 because he can't please God!

Nanja

:darwinsm: You're lost man. Believe the gospel and get saved.

1 Corinthians 15:1-4 Modern English Version (MEV)

1 Now, brothers, I declare to you the gospel which I preached to you, which you have received, and in which you stand.

2 Through it you are saved, if you keep in memory what I preached to you, unless you have believed in vain.

3 For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: how Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures,

4 was buried, rose again the third day according to the Scriptures,

Those verses are directed to the Church of God,
sanctified in Christ Jesus and called to be Saints 1 Cor 1:2.
They are the only ones whose sins Christ died for Eph. 5:25.

Believing the Gospel is not a work a carnal man does to become saved,
but Believing is the evidence of being given the Spirit John 3:27,
for Faith / Belief is a fruit of the Spirit Gal. 5:22.

Salvation has only been provided to those chosen Elect, in Christ,
before the world began Eph. 1:1-11.

2 Tim. 1:9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling,
not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace,
which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began

2 Thes. 2:13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you,
brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning
chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth

The whole matter of Salvation in Christ, and those who were chosen to receive it,
was already settled in Eternity. It's a done deal!

~~~~~

beloved57

Those verses are directed to the Church of God,
sanctified in Christ Jesus and called to be Saints 1 Cor 1:2.
They are the only ones whose sins Christ died for Eph. 5:25.

Believing the Gospel is not a work a carnal man does to become saved,
but Believing is the evidence of being given the Spirit John 3:27,
for Faith / Belief is a fruit of the Spirit Gal. 5:22.

Salvation has only been provided to those chosen Elect, in Christ,
before the world began Eph. 1:1-11.

2 Tim. 1:9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling,
not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace,
which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began

2 Thes. 2:13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you,
brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning
chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth

The whole matter of Salvation in Christ, and those who were chosen to receive it,
was already settled in Eternity. It's a done deal!

~~~~~

Amen, he doesnt understand or believe 1 Cor 15:1-4, best he can do is quote them !

Nanja

Amen, he doesnt understand or believe 1 Cor 15:1-4, best he can do is quote them !

That's right!

And he laughs, and then quotes those verses in a boasting manner. Saying:

Bright Raven
Believe the gospel and get saved.

:nono:

Eph. 2:8-9 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves:
it is the gift of God: (v.9) Not of works, lest any man should boast.

~~~~~

beloved57

That's right!

And he laughs, and then quotes those verses in a boasting manner. Saying:

Bright Raven

:nono:

Eph. 2:8-9 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves:
it is the gift of God: (v.9) Not of works, lest any man should boast.

~~~~~
Right, get saved! A unlearned comment! Like Salvation is in the hands of man!

Nanja

Right, get saved! A unlearned comment! Like Salvation is in the hands of man!

That "get saved" comment just displays their ignorance of what the scriptures teach.

The non-elect world does falsely believe that Salvation is in their own hands, giving glory to their own "freewill".

Yet, it was God's Purpose for them to remain in blindness; deprived from the Light of Christ's Glorious Gospel John 9:39.

~~~~~