The Holy Spirit and the Gospel Verses the Law and Religion

Status
Not open for further replies.

john w

Hall of Fame
Jesus justifies the ungodly by doing for the ungodly that which he cannot do for himself. In our name and on our behalf he offers to God the Father a life of perfect obedience according to his Holy Law. In our name and on our behalf he atones for our sins and the sins of the whole world. It is the life and the death of Jesus that Reconciles us and the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18.19.

=satanic vicarious law keeping

Pate, and AMR-both are of the Reformed/Catholic persuasion......

Luke 23:12 KJV And the same day Pilate and Herod were made friends together: for before they were at enmity between themselves.

john w

Hall of Fame
Answer this question.

Who did Jesus fulfill the law for, himself or for us? Matthew 5:18.

It has to be one of the two, which is it?

Now, answer this, Pate. Were you water baptized? If so, why? For what purpose? Does water baptize save?Were you baptized:

-into Jesus Christ, and into His death? Romans 6:3 KJV Galatians 3:7 KJV

- by the Holy Spirit into the boc?(1 Cor. 12 ff

Robert Pate

Banned
Now, answer this, Pate. Were you water baptized? If so, why? For what purpose? Does water baptize save?Were you baptized by the Holy Spirit into the boc?

I was baptized in water. Water baptism is symbolic of dying and being resurrected with Christ. No, it does not save.

john w

Hall of Fame
I was baptized in water. Water baptism is symbolic of dying and being resurrected with Christ. No, it does not save.

Non responsive:If so, why? For what purpose?

PS: You made up this "Water baptism is symbolic of dying and being resurrected with Christ"-no one is buried in water. You just say this, because you read it on the net. Another thread, for now.

glorydaz

Answer this question.

Who did Jesus fulfill the law for, himself or for us? Matthew 5:18.

It has to be one of the two, which is it?

Why does it have to be one of the two?

Why not for the sake of the law and the prophets?

Isaiah 42:21 Jehovah hath delight for the sake of His righteousness, He magnifieth law, and maketh honourable.

Revelation 10:7 But in the days of the voice of the seventh angel, when he shall begin to sound, the mystery of God should be finished, as he hath declared to his servants the prophets.

All the prophecies are not yet fulfilled, but will be all that is written has come to pass.
All the law has not yet been fulfilled, but will be when it's purpose has brought the last soul to God.

All for the Glory of our Lord and Saviour.

Robert Pate

Banned
Already answered, you devious little devil. That is your MO on TOL,sloppy Pate, besides just spamming satanic "doctrine," i.e., you ask a question, present an argument, you are answered/challenged, and then you straw man, and keep spamming the same assertion/questions, even though they have been addressed/answered, more than once.

You are a deceitful poser.

http://theologyonline.com/showthread.php?128321-The-Justification-of-the-Ungodly-Romans-4-5/page2

Post #20

Paul frequently spoke about being "In Christ".

"That I might be found in him (Christ) not having my own righteousness that is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith" Philippians 3:9.

Do you believe that the law will make you righteous? Paul said that righteousness is not by the law, but by faith. If the law does not make anyone righteous then what good is it? We know that the law was our schoolmaster that brought us to Christ, but after faith is come we are no longer under the schoolmaster, which is the law. So what good is the law to the Christian? It doesn't make him righteous, nor will it save him. What good is it to us?

john w

Hall of Fame
Paul frequently spoke about being "In Christ".

"That I might be found in him (Christ) not having my own righteousness that is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith" Philippians 3:9.

And? Irrelevant to your satanic vicarious law keeping "doctrine," asserting that the law walking of the Saviour is imputed for our justification.

Do you believe that the law will make you righteous?

Drunk, and demon filledthat is your assertion, not mine, devil child.
Paul said that righteousness is not by the law, but by faith.
Agreed-and? You say the opposite, with your satanic vicarious law keeping "doctrine," asserting that the law walking of the Saviour is imputed for our justification.
If the law does not make anyone righteous then what good is it? We know that the law was our schoolmaster that brought us to Christ, but after faith is come we are no longer under the schoolmaster, which is the law. So what good is the law to the Christian? It doesn't make him righteous, nor will it save him. What good is it to us?
And? I showed you that, deceiver.

You are either stoned, drunk, or demon filled, spamming misdirection, creating a moving target.

Robert Pate

Banned
Why does it have to be one of the two?

Why not for the sake of the law and the prophets?

Isaiah 42:21 Jehovah hath delight for the sake of His righteousness, He magnifieth law, and maketh honourable.

Revelation 10:7 But in the days of the voice of the seventh angel, when he shall begin to sound, the mystery of God should be finished, as he hath declared to his servants the prophets.

All the prophecies are not yet fulfilled, but will be all that is written has come to pass.
All the law has not yet been fulfilled, but will be when it's purpose has brought the last soul to God.

All for the Glory of our Lord and Saviour.

I believe that everything has been fulfilled by the doing and the dying of Jesus. All that needs to happen now is his return.

The law has been fulfilled, Matthew 5:18 and has been abolished, Ephesians 2:15.

Robert Pate

Banned
And? Irrelevant to your satanic vicarious law keeping "doctrine," asserting that the law walking of the Saviour is imputed for our justification.

Agreed-and? You say the opposite, with your satanic vicarious law keeping "doctrine," asserting that the law walking of the Saviour is imputed for our justification.

You are either stoned, drunk, or demon filled, spamming misdirection, creating a moving target.

You didn't answer the question. What good is the law?

john w

Hall of Fame

Last edited:

john w

Hall of Fame
You didn't answer the question. What good is the law?

I showed you at length, the purposes of the law, you satanic deceiver. Knock it off. I expounded, at length, the purpose of the law, for months, so stuff your deceit, child of the devil. You assert that there can be no purpose of the law, as it does not exist-"abolished." That is satanic.

Answer my question:

john w

Hall of Fame

I was a new Christian and it was biblical. I guess I wanted to be obedient.

Caught, in a web, of deceit. Evasive. Biblical? What the h does that mean? Raising the dead, walking on water.......................is biblical. Obedient to what?

Why were you baptized in water? Obedient to what?

Last edited:

Robert Pate

Banned
I showed you at length, the purposes of the law, you satanic deceiver. Knock it off. I expounded, at length, the purpose of the law, for months, so stuff your deceit, child of the devil. You assert that there can be no purpose of the law, as it does not exist-"abolished." That is satanic.

Answer my question:

I don't think that it has been abolished for you, because you don't think that Jesus abolished it for you.

john w

Hall of Fame
I don't think that it has been abolished for you, because you don't think that Jesus abolished it for you.

Deception-again. The law does not serve as a "rule of life," for the believer, moron; but that is not equivalent to the law being abolished. You butcher the biblical meaning of abolish, and just spam made up, satanic doctrine.No scripture asserts that the law has been abolished, despite you repeating what your daddy the devil keeps telling you, as the Colossians passage, and Ephesians passages, we have discussed, is not referencing God's holy law, despite your satanic assertions that it does.

Tell us, Pate, as I've asked you, over, and over....Was Pentecost according to the law? Were the "feasts?"

Did Peter, the 11, Paul, all observe the feasts, according to the law, "post cross/" Was the law followed by Paul after the cross? Who taught the early Acts believers, the 12, Paul, to observe the law, "post cross?"

Scripture, please-no speculation.

john w

Hall of Fame
I was trying to be a good Christian. Something that you would not understand.

Spin, evasion....Baptized in water to be odedient to what?

Good Christian? Huh? How does being dunked in water, so that the tadpoles know your social security #, make you a "good Christian?" Are you also a church of Christer, besides being a combo Reformer/Catholic?

Obedient to what?

Robert Pate

Banned
Answer Pate:

Baptized in water to be odedient to what?

You don't understand what it means to be a Christian probably because you are not one. You have an abusive spirit that is not of God.

I have shown you enough scriptures and shined enough light on you to light a city, yet you cannot see the wonderful thing that God has done for us in Jesus Christ. In Jesus Christ we have been justified, sanctified and redeemed, 1 Corinthians 1:30.

Jesus fulfills the law for us, Matthew 5:18, for our justification and then abolishes it for us so that we cannot be condemned by it, Ephesians 2:15. And then he takes our perfected life to heaven, Colossians 3:3. Of course you don't believe any of that do you.

Status
Not open for further replies.