The Holy Spirit and Salvation !

Nanja

Eph 1:9

9Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself:

Eph 1:13

13In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

When God the Holy Spirit gives elect sinners faith in Christ, He makes known the Mystery of His Will, He reveals the Eternal secrets of God's heart to His Children, and this revelation of the Mystery of His will is God given assurance [faith] of our Election and Redemption in Christ. He reveals these things to us His Children Deut 29:29

29The secret things belong unto the LORD our God: but those things which are revealed belong unto us and to our children for ever, that we may do all the words of this law.

That we, The Children may walk in the Spirit, and Live by Faith ! For the Just [ Legally Justified by the blood of Christ] shall live by Faith.

Rom 1:17

For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

All for whom Christ died, The Holy Spirit will make known to them, something up to now that was a secret or hidden from them, thats what a mystery is, and that is, they are righteous before God premised on Christ blood, and that they are Children of God.

Thats what the Gospel reveals to those Christ died for, by the work of the Holy Spirit.

TY for this excellent post!

Each one of God's elect children Deut. 7:6-7; 1 Pet. 2:9 shall have it revealed to them by the Holy Spirit, the mystery of His Will, God's Eternal Purpose Eph. 3:11, that Christ Jesus the Covenanat Head and Surety of His Sheep, Legally satisfied God's Law and Justice in their behalf by His blood Is. 53:6; Rev. 13:8, and were Justified, legally abjured Righteous in God's sight, from everlasting Heb. 13:20.

1 Thes, 1:5
For our gospel came not unto you in word only, but also in power, and in the Holy Ghost, and in much assurance; as ye know what manner of men we were among you for your sake.

The evidence of a person's Election of God is that they shall be Born of the Spirit and receive the Word of Truth Eph. 1:13.

2 Thes. 2:13-14
13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:
14 Whereunto he called you by our gospel, to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.

~~~~~

Robert Pate

Banned
No one can receive the Holy Spirit without hearing and believing the Gospel, Galatians 3:2.

The Gospel is the good news that Jesus Christ has reconciled us and the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18,19.

popsthebuilder

No one can receive the Holy Spirit without hearing and believing the Gospel, Galatians 3:2.

The Gospel is the good news that Jesus Christ has reconciled us and the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18,19.
Not true, one only needs faith. All else is a result of that faith by the grace of GOD.

Peace

Sent from my Z988 using Tapatalk

beloved57

Not true, one only needs faith. All else is a result of that faith by the grace of GOD.

Peace

Sent from my Z988 using Tapatalk

Man by nature doesn't have Faith, it's a fruit of the Spirit. Gal 5:22
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

Nanja

God the Holy Spirit should be Praised because It is by His work, by His quickening Power that He imparts the principals of a New and Spiritual Life to the Soul Titus 3:5

5Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

This translates us from death unto life Jn 5:24

24Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

Col 1:13

13Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:

Jesus speaks of that here Jn 3:5

Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

So when one is Born of the Spirit he enters into the Kingdom of God.

This also separates us from our Old Man, the Sin Nature that still indwells us, and gives us experiential Union and Fellowship to the Person of Christ who was Our Spiritual head, the Second Adam. 1 Cor 1:9

9God is faithful, by whom ye were called unto the fellowship of his Son[In His Kingdom Col 1:13] Jesus Christ our Lord.

Again Jesus pointed to this in His memorable discourse with Nicodemus, when He pointed to the work of the Holy Spirit. Jn 3:3-8. This work of the Spirit prepares and precedes the sinner looking to the work of the Son Jn 3:16. The Holy Spirit Glorifies Christ by showing the redeemed sinner the Cross of Jesus Christ and opening up to them what it accomplished. Jn 16:14

14He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

Whats more to Christ Glory than anything else ? His Cross ! Notice what Paul says Gal 6:14

But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world.

1 Cor 1:17-18

For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect.

For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

John 17:1

These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee:

Jesus speaking of His impending death, as the Traitor Judas has just left to trigger the dastardly deed says Jn 13:30-32

30He then having received the sop went immediately out: and it was night.

31Therefore, when he was gone out, Jesus said, Now is the Son of man glorified, and God is glorified in him.

32If God be glorified in him, God shall also glorify him in himself, and shall straightway glorify him.

And So the Spirit takes what is Christ and opens it up and expounds it unto all for whom Christ died and redeemed by His blood, this occurs within the sphere of His Kingdom. This is a Great Work of the Spirit of God, may He be Praised ! 1 Cor 2:9-10

9But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

10But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.

Amen to this very Edifying study in The Word.

Indeed we Praise the Holy Spirit for His quickening Work in all the Elect of God 1 Pet. 1:2; Eph. 2:1; Titus 3:5, the Many Christ died for Mat. 26:28, His Church Eph. 5:25. And we Praise Him for His revealing the Cross of Christ and what it accomplished on Our behalf; and for His Spiritual Power working in us continually, and our experiencing the enjoyment and the great privilege of Spiritual Intimacy and Fellowship with Christ, being chosen In Union with Him, Our Spiritual Head Eph. 1:4.

~~~~~

beloved57

Amen to this very Edifying study in The Word.

Indeed we Praise the Holy Spirit for His quickening Work in all the Elect of God 1 Pet. 1:2; Eph. 2:1; Titus 3:5, the Many Christ died for Mat. 26:28, His Church Eph. 5:25. And we Praise Him for His revealing the Cross of Christ and what it accomplished on Our behalf; and for His Spiritual Power working in us continually, and our experiencing the enjoyment and the great privilege of Spiritual Intimacy and Fellowship with Christ, being chosen In Union with Him, Our Spiritual Head Eph. 1:4.

~~~~~
Amen Sister!

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

Nanja

The Lord Jesus Christ said of the Work of Holy Spirit in the world after His Death, Burial, Resurrection and Ascension would be to Glorify Him, this is because He would be an extension of Himself being Glorified. Jesus said Lk 24:26

Ought not Christ to have suffered these things, and to enter into his glory?

Jn 12:16,23

These things understood not his disciples at the first: but when Jesus was glorified, then remembered they that these things were written of him, and that they had done these things unto him.

And Jesus answered them, saying, The hour is come, that the Son of man should be glorified.

You see, arminiansim, freewillism, these false teachings attribute the application of Salvation to the will of man, they say it is up to man to crown the Saviour's work a success to save a soul. They say it is up to man to choose who shall or shall not be saved by the Work of Christ, however scripture teaches no such LIE, but it is God the Holy Spirit who effectually applies the blood of Christ to Chosen and Redeemed sinners. He quickens them by His Almighty Power Jn 6:63

63It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

The word quickeneth is the greek word zōopoieō and means:

to produce alive, begat or bear living young

2) to cause to live, make alive, give life

He, Glorifies Jesus Christ by giving Spiritual Life, or making alive Spiritually everyone Christ died for and redeemed by His Blood. He applies Justification to Life to all whom Christ represented in His act of obedience Rom 5:18

18Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.

It is He, the Holy Spirit, through the Gospel that calls those Chosen and Redeemed sinners with effectual grace, remember when Paul said he was called by His Grace ? Gal 1:5. See also 2 Thess 2:14; Ps 65:4;110:3; Jn 16:8-11

For He by His Power gives Faith to the Chosen, for Faith is the Fruit or effect of the Spirit Gal 5:22. However, the adversaries of the Cross deny His Sovereign Work which crowns Christ's work with success and Glorifies Him, and attribute it to the freewill of man !

Perfectly stated!

Those advocating a false freewill gospel and denying Christ's Sovereign Work to save only the Election of Grace 2 Tim. 1:9, the Vessels of Mercy Rom. 9:23, to them, the non-elect unjust, the True Gospel is a stumbling block, a savor of death unto death 2 Cor. 2:16 to which they were appointed 1 Pet. 2:8, and so they shall all remain in a permanent state of unbelief and disobedience.

Rev. 22:11
He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.

Mat. 25:46
And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

~~~~~

beloved57

Perfectly stated!

Those advocating a false freewill gospel and denying Christ's Sovereign Work to save only the Election of Grace 2 Tim. 1:9, the Vessels of Mercy Rom. 9:23, to them, the non-elect unjust, the True Gospel is a stumbling block, a savor of death unto death 2 Cor. 2:16 to which they were appointed 1 Pet. 2:8, and so they shall all remain in a permanent state of unbelief and disobedience.

Rev. 22:11
He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.

Mat. 25:46
And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

~~~~~
Exactly!

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

Nanja

Finally, it is by the Work of the Holy Spirit, that saving witness is obtained that one is a Child of God, and that we had a Personal interest in that Righteousness of God that Christ wrought out for God's Elect People, His Israel of God, and so it is by this internal witness Rom 8:16

16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit and inner conscious, that we are the children of God:

And by this comes our Conscious Justification, that is we have now been declared Righteous Consciously, and so Justified in the Name of the Lord [on account of His Imputed Righteousness] and by the Spirit of Our God, who it is that shews to us this Great Blessing !

A Very Great Blessing indeed He has shewed Us!

Thanking the Lord for you, Brother, and this Most Edifying 3-part study entitled,

"The Work of the Spirit Justifying in Salvation!"

~~~~~

beloved57

Quickened in order to believe the Gospel !

Before one can embrace the Words of Truth in the Gospel, Gods words, they must first be made alive or quickened. Thats why Jesus says this Jn 8:47

[FONT=&quot]He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.

Jesus describes here who it is that will hear Gods words, the Gospel, it is those who are of God.

In Another scripture Jesus says it this way Jn 6:63

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

Notice that Jesus says here that it is the Spirit that quickens or gives life, and it is to them whom He the Spirit gives life, Christ's words are spirit and life, that is they are Spiritual food to the quickened by the Spirit. The Gospel is Spiritual food to the quickened lambs of God, the Sheep.[/FONT]

Nanja

Quickened in order to believe the Gospel !

Before one can embrace the Words of Truth in the Gospel, Gods words, they must first be made alive or quickened. Thats why Jesus says this Jn 8:47

[FONT="][B]He that is of God heareth God's words:[/B] ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.

[COLOR="#006400"]Jesus describes here who it is that will hear Gods words, the Gospel, it is those who are of God

In Another scripture Jesus says it this way Jn 6:63

[/FONT][/COLOR][FONT="][B]It is the spirit that quickeneth;[/B] the flesh profiteth nothing: [B]the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

[/B][COLOR="#006400"]Notice that Jesus says here that it is the Spirit that quickens or gives life, and it is to them whom He the Spirit gives life, Christ's words are spirit and life, that is they are Spiritual food to the quickened by the Spirit. The Gospel is Spiritual food to the quickened lambs of God, the Sheep
.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Amen Brother!

The only hope a person has of being able to Hear and receive and believe God's Words John 17:8, which are Spiritual, is by them first being quickened by His Spirit, the Spirit of Christ, who is Eternal God. And it's only these Spiritually Alive ones, His Election of Grace 2 Tim. 1:9, who when they Hear the Gospel of God's Grace, it's a savour of Life unto Life to them 2 Cor. 2:16 KJV, for it comes to them not in word only, but in Power, and in the Holy Ghost 1 Thes. 1:5.
So, it's guaranteed that Christ's Sheep, God's Elect, shall Hear His Voice, His Words John 10:27.

beloved57

Amen Brother!

The only hope a person has of being able to Hear and receive and believe God's Words John 17:8, which are Spiritual, is by them first being quickened by His Spirit, the Spirit of Christ, who is Eternal God. And it's only these Spiritually Alive ones, His Election of Grace 2 Tim. 1:9, who when they Hear the Gospel of God's Grace, it's a savour of Life unto Life to them 2 Cor. 2:16 KJV, for it comes to them not in word only, but in Power, and in the Holy Ghost 1 Thes. 1:5.
So, it's guaranteed that Christ's Sheep, God's Elect, shall Hear His Voice, His Words John 10:27.

Exactly! I knew this would be a blessing to you as it was to me.

Nanja

Exactly! I knew this would be a blessing to you as it was to me.

Yes, it sure was/is, because to us, Hearing God's Words and experiencing the continual presence of the Spirit of His Son abiding in us, and us in Him John 15:5, is a very great Blessing and a constant reality!

1 Pet. 1:3-5
Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you, Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

:)

beloved57

Nanja

because to us, Hearing God's Words and experiencing the continual presence of the Spirit of His Son abiding in us, and us in Him John 15:5, is a very great Blessing and a constant reality!

Amen,that's an indication of Spiritual life in us!

beloved57

He [The Holy Spirit] shall convict the world of sin !
John 16:8
And when he comes, he will convict the world concerning sin and righteousness and judgment

The World here is the Elect, all the sinners Christ died for,whether jew or gentile.

You see there is a world of sinners that He, the Holy Spirit, will teach their sinnership to.Its the world of God's children whom it's promised that they shall all be taught of God!Jn6:45

45 It is written in the Prophets, ‘And they will all be taught by God.’ Everyone who has heard and learned from the Father comes to me esv

You see the prophets taught this, Isa 54:13

13 And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children.

Those sinners Christ died for are made to feel their sinfulness before God and made to realize their need of their Saviour, so Jesus says of them, they shall come to me Jn 6:44 , because they are taught of God then led to Christ, and as Paul also wrote Rom 8:14

14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

Nanja

He [The Holy Spirit] shall convict the world of sin !
John 16:8
And when he comes, he will convict the world concerning sin and righteousness and judgment

The World here is the Elect, all the sinners Christ died for,whether jew or gentile.

You see there is a world of sinners that He, the Holy Spirit, will teach their sinnership to.Its the world of God's children whom it's promised that they shall all be taught of God!Jn6:45

45 It is written in the Prophets, ‘And they will all be taught by God.’ Everyone who has heard and learned from the Father comes to me esv

You see the prophets taught this, Isa 54:13

13 And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children.

Those sinners Christ died for are made to feel their sinfulness before God and made to realize their need of their Saviour, so Jesus says of them, they shall come to me Jn 6:44 , because they are taught of God then led to Christ, and as Paul also wrote Rom 8:14

14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

Amen! The Holy Spirit's Work in the Elect Children of God Eph. 1:4-5 is exactly the same for OT saints as is NT saints.

They are all given New Birth, drawn by the Father, taught by the Holy Spirit and receive His Fruit including Faith Gal. 5:22. And they receive the Blessing of Abraham Gal. 3:14 as do all God's Children of Promise Rom. 9:8.

Gal. 4:4-6
But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law, To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons. And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.

Rom. 8:14-16
For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God. For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father. The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God: And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.