The Holy Spirit and Salvation !

beloved57

The Spirits Testitification of Christ to the Church, the Elect !

The Spirits Testitification of Christ to the Church, the Elect !

Jn 15:26

But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:

In the Economy of Salvation its the Spirits Unique and Blessed Job to ensure that the Souls Christ made atonement for, believe in Him, give them Faith in Him, because otherwise they dont believe Jn 16:8-9

8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:

9 Of sin, because they believe not on me;

Thats their chief sin that needs to be dealt with, their natural unbelief !

Hence the Spirit wroughts both conviction as well as assurance in the Souls of the Elect, the Church, He assures them that Christ's Death was for them !

Thats part of His Testification. The Spirit confirms the Testimony of Christ in them by the Call of the Gospel 1 Cor 1:2,6-9

2 Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both their's and our's:

6 Even as the testimony of Christ was confirmed[By the Spirit] in you:

7 So that ye come behind in no gift; waiting for the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ:

8 Who shall also confirm you unto the end, that ye may be blameless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ.

9 God is faithful, by whom ye were called unto the fellowship of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord.

And the Spirit, through the Faithful Preaching of the Gospel gives Testimony to all the ransomed souls of God, whom Christ gave Himself a Ransom for 1 Tim 2:6-7

6 Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.

7 Whereunto I am ordained a preacher, and an apostle, (I speak the truth in Christ, and lie not) a teacher of the Gentiles in faith and verity.

That Testified there is that which Jesus stated earlier would happen Jn 15:26

26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:

His Testification leads to belief of the Truth 2 Thess 2:13

13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

If one for whom Christ died does not come to Faith in Him, The Spirit failed in His Job, because then Christ was not Glorified with that precious Soul He died for Jn 16:13-14

13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

14 He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

Nanja

But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:

In the Economy of Salvation its the Spirits Unique and Blessed Job to ensure that the Souls Christ made atonement for, believe in Him, give them Faith in Him, because otherwise they dont believe Jn 16:8-9

8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:

9 Of sin, because they believe not on me;

Thats their chief sin that needs to be dealt with, their natural unbelief !

Hence the Spirit wroughts both conviction as well as assurance in the Souls of the Elect, the Church, He assures them that Christ's Death was for them !

Thats part of His Testification. The Spirit confirms the Testimony of Christ in them by the Call of the Gospel 1 Cor 1:2,6-9

2 Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both their's and our's:

6 Even as the testimony of Christ was confirmed[By the Spirit] in you:

7 So that ye come behind in no gift; waiting for the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ:

8 Who shall also confirm you unto the end, that ye may be blameless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ.

9 God is faithful, by whom ye were called unto the fellowship of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord.

And the Spirit, through the Faithful Preaching of the Gospel gives Testimony to all the ransomed souls of God, whom Christ gave Himself a Ransom for 1 Tim 2:6-7

7 Whereunto I am ordained a preacher, and an apostle, (I speak the truth in Christ, and lie not) a teacher of the Gentiles in faith and verity.

That Testified there is that which Jesus stated earlier would happen Jn 15:26

26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:

His Testification leads to belief of the Truth 2 Thess 2:13

13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

If one for whom Christ died does not come to Faith in Him, The Spirit failed in His Job, because then Christ was not Glorified with that precious Soul He died for Jn 16:13-14

13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

14 He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

Amen!

I believe that The Spirit's Testification is proof that Christ's Atonement is Limited,
for there are only a very few Mat. 7:14, which are given the Spirit of Truth:
Only a remnant that God has reserved for Himself, those He Elected by His Grace.

Titus 1:1-2 Paul, a servant of God, and an apostle of Jesus Christ, according to
the faith of God's elect, and the acknowledging of the truth which is after godliness;
In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began; 2 Tim. 1:9

~~~~~

beloved57

Amen!

I believe that The Spirit's Testification is proof that Christ's Atonement is Limited,
for there are only a very few Mat. 7:14, which are given the Spirit of Truth:
Only a remnant that God has reserved for Himself, those He Elected by His Grace.

Titus 1:1-2 Paul, a servant of God, and an apostle of Jesus Christ, according to
the faith of God's elect, and the acknowledging of the truth which is after godliness;
In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began; 2 Tim. 1:9

~~~~~

It certainly is proof that its Limited ! All whom sins have been atoned for by Christ, the Spirit gives them a saving Testimony/knowledge of it 1 Tim 2:4-6

4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

Nanja

It certainly is proof that its Limited ! All whom sins have been atoned for by Christ, the Spirit gives them a saving Testimony/knowledge of it 1 Tim 2:4-6

4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

Yes it does!

Thus leaving one's freewill choice, or any other actions a person
does in the flesh for naught, with regard to his own salvation!

~~~~~

beloved57

Being made a sinner !

Being made a sinner !

Being A sinner is a Blessed thing, you know why ? Because of this 1 Tim 1:15

15 This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.

Now isnt that a Blessing in being a sinner ? But its important to understand something at this point, I am not speaking of just any ole sinner, but of a Holy Ghost made sinner; that is when one is made to see their sinfulness before God and their need for Christ, the Saviour of sinners.

You see when we are Holy Ghost made sinners, we become as this publican did Lk 18:13

13 And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.

And the scripture said of him:

14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

Holy Ghost made sinners are they who are made to mourn Isa 61:1-3

The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me; because the Lord hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound;

2 To proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that mourn;

3 To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the Lord, that he might be glorified.

Jesus in His Most Blessed Sermon on the Mount spake these words Matt 5:3-4

3 Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

4 Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.

You see, all of the people Christ died for to save from their sins Matt 1:21, they shall by the Spirit, be made to feel their sinfulness and their need for their Saviour, again this by the Power of the Holy Spirit.

The fact is, though we are sinners by nature, we really dont know it experimentally until we are made Spiritually alive to God by the Spirit.

You see, the pharisee in Lk 18:11-12

11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.

12 I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.

This man was also a sinner before God, but he never knew it, he never felt it as did the publican, and he never would unless he be made a sinner by the work of the Spirit,, only then will he flee to Christ as He is revealed to him in the Gospel !

Thats what had to happen to Paul, and what needs to happen for all whom He[Christ] died, and what shall happen to all for whom He died, The Spirit shall make each Vessel of Mercy Cry our for the same, Like this Publican Lk 18:13-14

13 And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.

14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

beloved57

No man can say Jesus is Lord but by the Holy Ghost !

No man can say Jesus is Lord but by the Holy Ghost !

No man can say Jesus is Lord but by the Holy Ghost ! 1 Cor 12:3

3 Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.

Many call or say Jesus is Lord by the flesh, and or by their natural intellect, but very few call upon Him as Lord by the Holy Ghost, and frankly speaking, none of us have a right or privilege to call Him Lord, save if we do so by the Holy Ghost, for if we have not the Spirit, there is no proof that we belong to Him Rom 8:9

9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ,he is none of his.

Thats pretty emphatic I would say ! Actually its in the Holy Ghost, or in the realm of the Spirit, No man can say Jesus is Lord but in or in the realm of the Spirit.

That prep by in 1 Cor 12:3 is en and means:

en (a preposition) – properly, in (inside, within); (figuratively) "in the realm (sphere) of," as in the condition (state) in which something operates from the inside (within).

a prim. preposition denoting position and by impl. instrumentality

beloved57

He shall Testify of Me !

He shall Testify of Me !

26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify/bear witness of me:

What I believe Jesus to be saying here to His Church, that following His Death for them, the Comforter, which is the Holy Spirit, will be sent to them to bear witness of Him,and yet this Work/Mission of the Spirit is not restricted to them only, but for the whole ransomed Church which He gave Himself in behalf of Matt 20:28

28 Even as the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many.

1 Tim 2:6

God by the Spirit would give Apostolic Testimony to all the ransomed Isa 35:10

They shall believe on Christ by their [The Apostles] word Jn 17:20

20 Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall [inevitably] believe on me through their word;

The Spirits coming, the Spirit of Truth, in the economy of Salvation, was to give Testimony inwardly of the Truth of Christ, to all the ransomed, redeemed Church of God, bringing them to Faith !

beloved57

The Holy Spirit of Promise poured on Christ seed !

The Holy Spirit of Promise poured on Christ seed !

Isa 44:3

3 For I will pour water upon him that is thirsty, and floods upon the dry ground: I will pour my spirit upon thy seed, and my blessing upon thine offspring:

This Promise is made to Christ and His Seed, His seed being those He died for and Justified, whom He gave His soul an offering for sin for Isa 53:10,11

10 Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in his hand.

11 He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.

It is His Seed, the Seed of Christ,His Body the Church that the Promise of Isa 44:3 refers to !

It began to be fulfilled on the Day of Pentecost when the Spirit was poured out upon a jewish remnant of Christ's seed the Church, hence we read this Acts 2:32-33

32 This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.

33 Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed/poured forth this, which ye now see and hear.

The word shed is the greek word ekcheo:

I pour out (liquid or solid); I shed, bestow liberally.

And its actually the same word pour as in Isa 44:3

3 For I will pour water upon him that is thirsty, and floods upon the dry ground: I will pour my spirit upon thy seed, and my blessing upon thine offspring:

Its also the Blessing of Abraham poured out on the Gentile aspect of the Church Gal 3:13-14

13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

Its the same Promise of the Spirit as Promised in Isa 44:3 ! Thats because Christ's Seed was also found in the Gentile world, for its a Spiritual Seed !

The Gentile Believers as well as the jewish ones were sealed with the Holy Spirit of Promise Eph 1:13

13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

These here are Christ's Seed that had been Chosen in Him before the foundation Eph 1:3-4

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:

4 According as he hath chosen us [His Seed] in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

As being among Christ's Chosen Seed, whether jew or Gentile, the Spirit has been Promised unto us Isa 44:3

The jewish remnant had no advantage in this matter over the Gentile remnant, So Peter says of them regarding the Holy Spirit of promise Acts 10:45

And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost

Which solidified the fact that Gentiles also had been counted among the Seed/ Offspring of Christ Isa 44:3

Now, The Spirit of Promise was poured out on the jewish remnant of Christ's Seed on Pentecost Acts 2:32-33 and also upon the Gentile Remnant Acts 10:45 !

It was a Gift to the jewish remnant Acts 2:38 and the same Gift was given to the Gentile remnant Acts 10:45 !

Because both were of His Seed ! And the Spirit was Promised to be poured out on His Seed, whom He redeemed !

Nanja

Isa 44:3

This Promise is made to Christ and His Seed, His seed being those He died for and Justified, whom He gave His soul an offering for sin for Isa 53:10,11

10 Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in his hand.

11 He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.

It is His Seed, the Seed of Christ,His Body the Church that the Promise of Isa 44:3 refers to !

It began to be fulfilled on the Day of Pentecost when the Spirit was poured out upon a jewish remnant of Christ's seed the Church, hence we read this Acts 2:32-33

32 This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.

33 Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed/poured forth this, which ye now see and hear.

The word shed is the greek word ekcheo:

I pour out (liquid or solid); I shed, bestow liberally.

And its actually the same word pour as in Isa 44:3

Its also the Blessing of Abraham poured out on the Gentile aspect of the Church Gal 3:13-14

13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

Its the same Promise of the Spirit as Promised in Isa 44:3 ! Thats because Christ's Seed was also found in the Gentile world, for its a Spiritual Seed !

The Gentile Believers as well as the jewish ones were sealed with the Holy Spirit of Promise Eph 1:13

13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

These here are Christ's Seed that had been Chosen in Him before the foundation Eph 1:3-4

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:

4 According as he hath chosen us [His Seed] in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

As being among Christ's Chosen Seed, whether jew or Gentile, the Spirit has been Promised unto us Isa 44:3

The jewish remnant had no advantage in this matter over the Gentile remnant, So Peter says of them regarding the Holy Spirit of promise Acts 10:45

And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost

Which solidified the fact that Gentiles also had been counted among the Seed/ Offspring of Christ Isa 44:3

Now, The Spirit of Promise was poured out on the jewish remnant of Christ's Seed on Pentecost Acts 2:32-33 and also upon the Gentile Remnant Acts 10:45 !

It was a Gift to the jewish remnant Acts 2:38 and the same Gift was given to the Gentile remnant Acts 10:45 !

Because both were of His Seed ! And the Spirit was Promised to be poured out on His Seed, whom He redeemed !

Amen!

This awesome Gift of the Spirit is a continual confirmation that we indeed are the Sons of God Gal. 4:6,
as we anticipate the Promised Glory that very soon awaits us 1 John 3:2 KJV!

1 John 4:13 Hereby know we that we dwell in him, and he in us, because he hath given us of his Spirit.

~~~~~

beloved57

Amen!

This awesome Gift of the Spirit is a continual confirmation that we indeed are the Sons of God Gal. 4:6,
as we anticipate the Promised Glory that very soon awaits us 1 John 3:2 KJV!

1 John 4:13 Hereby know we that we dwell in him, and he in us, because he hath given us of his Spirit.

~~~~~

Amen Gal 5:5

For we through the Spirit wait for the hope of righteousness by faith.

beloved57

Chosen to be Set apart unto Faith by the Spirit !

Chosen to be Set apart unto Faith by the Spirit !

Those God did choose in Christ before the foundation Per Eph 1:4, He chose also that in time, by a Sovereign Work of the Spirit [as a fruit of Christ's death] that they believe the Truth, which means Faith Per 2 Thess 2:13

13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you [Eph 1:4]to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

Ἡμεῖς δὲ ὀφείλομεν εὐχαριστεῖν τῷ θεῷ πάντοτε περὶ ὑμῶν ἀδελφοὶ ἠγαπημένοι ὑπὸ κυρίου ὅτι εἵλετο ὑμᾶς ὁ θεὸς ἀπ᾽ αρχῆς εἰς σωτηρίαν ἐν ἁγιασμῷ πνεύματος καὶ πίστει ἀληθείας

The word belief here is a noun pistis and is translated Faith 239 X and means:

I.conviction of the truth of anything, belief; in the NT of a conviction or belief respecting man's relationship to God and divine things, generally with the included idea of trust and holy fervour born of faith and joined with it

A.relating to God

i.the conviction that God exists and is the creator and ruler of all things, the provider and bestower of eternal salvation through Christ

This is the same word used in Eph 2:8

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

This all the mores confirms that Faith and or Belief of the Truth is a Fruit of the Holy Spirit Gal 5:22

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

beloved57

Chosen to be Set apart unto Faith by the Spirit !2

Chosen to be Set apart unto Faith by the Spirit !2

The Sanctification of the Spirit 2 Thess 2:13 is a Requisite in believing the Truth, it is by it He gives us Spiritual Life, separating us from the spiritually dead, setting us apart unto the Gospel, That is what Sanctification of the Spirit does, it sets men and women apart experimentally to God and the Gospel of God . It is just like Paul the Apostle stated of his own experience Rom 1:1

Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle or messenger, separated or set apart unto the gospel of God,

The word sanctification in 2 Thess 2:13 is the greek word hagiasmos:

the process of making or becoming holy, set apart, sanctification, holiness, consecration.

And there its being set apart unto the Gospel , to the belief of it !

Now don't misunderstand me, all are not set apart unto the Office of An Apostle as Paul and the Twelve were, but all have been set apart unto the belief of it, and to be Servants of it to some capacity, and definitely all are called to contend for it to some degree or other Jude 1:3

3 Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith[of the Gospel] which was once delivered unto the saints.

Phil 1:27

27 Only let your conversation be as it becometh the gospel of Christ: that whether I come and see you, or else be absent, I may hear of your affairs, that ye stand fast in one spirit, with one mind striving together for the faith of the gospel;

beloved57

Because we are Sons !

Because we are Sons !

Because we are Sons , God sends the Spirit of Adoption into our hearts, whereby we cry abba father Rom 8:15

15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.

Also Gal 4:4-6

But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,

5 To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.

6 And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.

Note: Even though the word receive used in this verses are in the active voice, the subjects were passive in the reception, they received because the Gidt was given or bestowed upon them or communicated in them !

For instance the Spirit is said to have been sent into your hearts in Vs 6 ! So they received it because God sent it into them !

Again in Acts 10:47

Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received G2983 the Holy Ghost as well as we?

The same word for receive lambano is used here in the active voice, however we know they received it by it being bestowed upon them while Peter was Preaching Acts 10:44-45

44 While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word.

Notice the words fell on ! that makes them passive in how they received it ! It means the Holy Ghost seized them and took possession of them !

45 And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Notice here the words poured out, as in pour out on them ! They again were passive in how they received the Holy Ghost Gift !

The word pour means to bestow upon :

So they receive what was given or bestowed upon them !

The word lambano means:

1. to receive (what is given or bestowed), to gain, get, obtain, to get back
The Holy Spirit was given to the Gentiles Peter says Acts 11:17

Forasmuch then as God gave them the like gift as he did unto us, who believed on the Lord Jesus Christ; what was I, that I could withstand God?
The Holy Ghost

Now we know Peter means by Gift the Holy Ghost, and the word Gave is the greek word didōmi which does mean:

1. to give
  2. to give something to someone
    1. of one's own accord to give one something, to his advantage
    2. to bestow a gift
So this shows that receivng the Holy Spirit of Adoption is a Passive work, its received because it was given or bestowed !

beloved57

Because we are Sons !2

Because we are Sons !2

Now all for whom Christ died, He actually redeemed them from the curse of the Law, having been made a curse for them Gal 3:13-14

13Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

Note: Their had to be a relationship already between Christ and those He had a Family Right to redeem !

14That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

This redemption was in order that the Gentiles might receive the Promise of the Spirit !

Thas what Peter meant here Acts 10:45,47

And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we?

This shows that the Gentiles partook of the redemptive blood of Christ and that they also must have been in a family relationship with Him to be their Redeemer.

Christ had to act as under the requirement of a near kinsmen redeemer ! Lev 23:23-25

23 ‘The land, moreover, shall not be sold permanently, for the land is Mine; for you are but aliens and sojourners with Me. 24 Thus for every [a]piece of your property, you are to provide for the redemption of the land.

25 ‘If a [b]fellow countryman of yours becomes so poor he has to sell part of his property, then his nearest kinsman is to come and buy back what his [c]relative has sold.

And Christ was made under the Law doe this Purpose Gal 4:4-6

4 But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,

5 To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.

6 And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.

The word redeem in Vs 5 means:

to redeem
  1. by payment of a price to recover from the power of another, to ransom, buy off
Now Christ had to be a near kinsmen to these Gentiles to be a qualified redeemer unto them by the Law He was made under ! How was He their near kinsmen redeemer ? We know it was not by their flesh or jewish ethnicity bloodline because they were Gentiles !

beloved57

Because we are Sons !3

Because we are Sons !3

These things go to prove that it was God's Sons, Christ's brethren that He died for Heb 2:17

Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people.

In this they were the children of God, in fact the many brethren spoken of here are they Rom 8:29

29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

The brethren in Heb 2:17 and the ones in Rom 8:29 are the exact same, it has nothing to do with being a ethnic jew or a Gentile, fleshly relations has nothing to do with it, that is not what being children of God is about !

And to further prove that they were children/sons of God whom Christ died and redeemed, Christ's Spirit is sent into their hearts to give them Life Gal 4:4-6

4 But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,

6 And because ye are sons/children, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.

The Spirit is sent for two things, to give Life out of the dead, redemptive life Eph 2:5

and to confirm and authenticate that they are the children of God, and as evidence of this new life, as newborn babes spanked on the bottom, we cry abba father, it gives evidence of now having a living vital relationship, being established through Christ for the redeemed ones !

This proves that Christ's their Elder Brother Redeemer, His Life and Death in their names, on their behalf satisfied God's Law and Justice, that sin has been dealt effectively with, and Righteousness for them established, and death has been abolished for them ! For it is impossible [in the justice of God] for any for whom Christ died to remain in spiritual death and unbelief [for unbelief is but a symptom of spiritual death] for they are consequences of sin Rom 6:23. If our sins have been effectively dealt with, so has our death unto God, and Life to God must be granted instead, so we read:

Rom 6:9-11

9 Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him.

10 For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God.

11 Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.

beloved57

Because we are Sons !4

Because we are Sons !4

Now because those Christ died for are Sons/children His redemptive death ensures redemptive life out of the Soirit of Christ Gal 4:4-6

6And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.

He writes it another way here Gal 3:13-14

In other words, the Spirit of Adoption in Gal 4:5 is the same as the promise of the Spirit in Gal 3:14, both received as a result of Christ's Redemptive death !

And by receiving the Spirit we also receive the fruit of Faith Gal 5:22 which embraces the preached Gospel, and that manifests us as the Children or Sons of God Gal 3:26

26 For ye are all the[redeemed] children of God by[because of] faith in Christ Jesus.

The Faith in Jesus Christ is what reveals that we were always secretly the Children of God !

beloved57

Because we are Sons !5

Because we are Sons !5

When we are given the Spirit of Adoption because we are redeemed sons/children Gal 4:6, then was given Faith as a fruit of the Spirit of Adoption Gal 5:22

22 But the fruit of the Spirit[of Adoption Gal 4:5-6] is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

This Faith is liken also as a breathing after God in Christ, its our inwrd evidence of Life from Christ and that we are children of God experimentally Rom 8:15-16

15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption [by redemption Gal 4:4-6], whereby we cry, Abba, Father.

16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our[human] spirit, that we are the children of God:

John says those believing on Christ has the witness in themselves 1 Jn 5:10

10 He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son.

The Spirit for Christ's sake of redenption gives Life to the redeemed children of God Jn 6:63

63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

Faith or believing is the fruit of evidence of this Life given by the Spirit, and it ignites the Calling upon the Name of the Lord,

So we dont call upon the name of the Lord to obtain or get life, thats backwards, we believe and or call upon the name of the Lord as evidence that we have been given Life by the Spirit, and our new founded spiritual relationship with God in Christ is made manifested by our crying out Abba Father. And in a Spiritual redemptive sense Christ is Our Father Isa 9:6

6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

For the word Father 'ab :

1. father of an individual
  2. of God as father of his people
  3. head or founder of a household, group, family, or clan

4. ancestor
    1. grandfather, forefathers — of person
    2. of people
  5. originator or patron of a class, profession, or art
  6. of producer, generator (fig.)
  7. of benevolence and protection (fig.)
  8. term of respect and honour
  9. ruler or chief (spec.)
Christ is called a Prince or chief or a ruler Acts 5:31

Acts 3:15;5:31

Hes the Head of a Household Heb 3:6

6 But Christ as a son over his own house; whose house are we, if we hold fast the confidence and the rejoicing of the hope firm unto the end.

As the Prince of Life Acts 3:15 this describes the portion of the greek definition of Father Pater :

1. one who has infused his own spirit into others, who actuates and governs their minds
father; one who imparts life and is committed to it; a progenitor, bringing into being to pass on the potential for likeness

It is Christ Himself who gives us Eternal Life Jn 10:28

And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

Jn 17:2

As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.

So redemptively as a Gift from the Father, He is Our Father, we are His Children God gave Him to give Life to Heb 2:13

13 And again, I will put my trust in him. And again, Behold I and the children which God hath given me.

Christ gives us Life as Our Redemptive Father 1 Cor 15:45

45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.

The Last Adam had to be a Head as the first man Adam !

Nanja

When we are given the Spirit of Adoption because we are redeemed sons/children Gal 4:6, then was given Faith as a fruit of the Spirit of Adoption Gal 5:22

22 But the fruit of the Spirit[of Adoption Gal 4:5-6] is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

This Faith is liken also as a breathing after God in Christ, its our inwrd evidence of Life from Christ and that we are children of God experimentally Rom 8:15-16

15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption [by redemption Gal 4:4-6], whereby we cry, Abba, Father.

16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our[human] spirit, that we are the children of God:

John says those believing on Christ has the witness in themselves 1 Jn 5:10

10 He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son.

The Spirit for Christ's sake of redenption gives Life to the redeemed children of God Jn 6:63

63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

Faith or believing is the fruit of evidence of this Life given by the Spirit, and it ignites the Calling upon the Name of the Lord,

So we dont call upon the name of the Lord to obtain or get life, thats backwards, we believe and or call upon the name of the Lord as evidence that we have been given Life by the Spirit, and our new founded spiritual relationship with God in Christ is made manifested by our crying out Abba Father. And in a Spiritual redemptive sense Christ is Our Father Isa 9:6

6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

For the word Father 'ab :

1. father of an individual
  2. of God as father of his people
  3. head or founder of a household, group, family, or clan

4. ancestor
    1. grandfather, forefathers — of person
    2. of people
  5. originator or patron of a class, profession, or art
  6. of producer, generator (fig.)
  7. of benevolence and protection (fig.)
  8. term of respect and honour
  9. ruler or chief (spec.)
Christ is called a Prince or chief or a ruler Acts 5:31

Acts 3:15;5:31

Hes the Head of a Household Heb 3:6

6 But Christ as a son over his own house; whose house are we, if we hold fast the confidence and the rejoicing of the hope firm unto the end.

As the Prince of Life Acts 3:15 this describes the portion of the greek definition of Father Pater :

1. one who has infused his own spirit into others, who actuates and governs their minds
father; one who imparts life and is committed to it; a progenitor, bringing into being to pass on the potential for likeness

It is Christ Himself who gives us Eternal Life Jn 10:28

And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

Jn 17:2

As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.

So redemptively as a Gift from the Father, He is Our Father, we are His Children God gave Him to give Life to Heb 2:13

13 And again, I will put my trust in him. And again, Behold I and the children which God hath given me.

Christ gives us Life as Our Redemptive Father 1 Cor 15:45

45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.

The Last Adam had to be a Head as the first man Adam !

Yes, as the first man Adam was the natural head of all the Elect,
so is Christ, the Last Adam, the Head of His Elect Spiritual Seed.

Amen, and excellent work on this series "Because we are Sons!"

Just to recap:

Because we are Sons , God sends the Spirit of Adoption into our hearts, whereby we cry abba father Rom 8:15

15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.

Now because those Christ died for are Sons/children His redemptive death ensures redemptive life out of the Soirit of Christ Gal 4:4-6

6And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.

He writes it another way here Gal 3:13-14

In other words, the Spirit of Adoption in Gal 4:5 is the same as the promise of the Spirit in Gal 3:14, both received as a result of Christ's Redemptive death !

And by receiving the Spirit we also receive the fruit of Faith Gal 5:22 which embraces the preached Gospel, and that manifests us as the Children or Sons of God Gal 3:26

26 For ye are all the[redeemed] children of God by[because of] faith in Christ Jesus.

The Faith in Jesus Christ is what reveals that we were always secretly the Children of God !

Yes, indeed!

So, the reason why Christ was made under the law Gal. 4:4-5, was for the purpose of Him being the Kinsman Redeemer
for every one His Brethren Heb. 2:17 who were under the Law. So God sending the Spirit of His Son into our hearts Gal. 4:6
proves that we are His Adopted Sons Eph. 1:5, and the evidence that we belong to Him from Everlasting Eph. 1:4.

Appreciate you for taking me through this excellent study in the scriptures!

~~~~~