ECT The Holy Con Artists

God's Truth

Lazy bones does not believe that Jesus Christ is LORD , that He is God, she does not believe in God's Triune nature.

The devil has by means of false doctrine set up his stronghold in YOUR mind...you, LA, meshak, G'sT are all his messengers preaching a lying gospel.

I preach obedience to God through Jesus Christ, God in the flesh.

Anymore lying slandering words from you?

andyc

That is what I said.

No. You were dictating what is meant.

They did.

Did you read how Solomon says, “Who knows if the spirit of man rises upward and if the spirit of the animal goes down into the earth?”

Solomon is speaking from a godless humanistic viewpoint. He is dealing with the futility of a situation where God didn't exist. In other words, without God, man is no better off than the animals.

That is right; and, that does not prove our spirits do not live after the death of our bodies.

But it does mean that the Hebrew understanding of what the spirit is, was incomplete in the OT.

No, you did not prove anything, except that you do not understand.

Our body is DEAD without our spirit. Think about it.

Of course the body is dead without the spirit, like it would be dead without a soul.

Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Here the Hebrews writer shows that the word of God is able divide soul from spirit, which also shows they are distinct while a person is alive.

Also....

Revelation 20:4 And I saw thrones, and they sat on them, and judgment was committed to them. Then I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for their witness to Jesus and for the word of God, who had not worshiped the beast or his image, and had not received his mark on their foreheads or on their hands. And they lived and reigned with Christ for a thousand years.

John saw the souls of those who are physically dead. This wouldn't make sense with your view.

God's Truth

No. You were dictating what is meant.

They did.

Solomon is speaking from a godless humanistic viewpoint. He is dealing with the futility of a situation where God didn't exist. In other words, without God, man is no better off than the animals.

But it does mean that the Hebrew understanding of what the spirit is, was incomplete in the OT.

Of course the body is dead without the spirit, like it would be dead without a soul.

Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Here the Hebrews writer shows that the word of God is able divide soul from spirit, which also shows they are distinct while a person is alive.

Also....

Revelation 20:4 And I saw thrones, and they sat on them, and judgment was committed to them. Then I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for their witness to Jesus and for the word of God, who had not worshiped the beast or his image, and had not received his mark on their foreheads or on their hands. And they lived and reigned with Christ for a thousand years.

John saw the souls of those who are physically dead. This wouldn't make sense with your view.

John saw a vision, a prophecy!

You need to consider it harder.

andyc

John saw a vision, a prophecy!

You need to consider it harder.

He saw dead people, and referred to them as souls. You say that a soul is a physically alive person with an indwelling spirit.

Then you tell me to consider it harder :AMR:

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Lazy bones does not believe that Jesus Christ is LORD , that He is God, she does not believe in God's Triune nature.

The devil has by means of false doctrine set up his stronghold in YOUR mind...you, LA, meshak, G'sT are all his messengers preaching a lying gospel.

Jesus Christ is Lord, not His Father who is LORD (Yahweh)

Tit 1:4 To Titus, mine own son after the common faith: Grace, mercy, and peace, from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ our Saviour.

Actually you did not learn trinitarianism from the Bible.

and now you speak like a middle ages Roman Catholic.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
YOU are the one who has ceased to abide in Christ and is now looking to your own arm of flesh...an abomination to the Lord

You will have to answer for those words at the judgment.

It is not important what evil you say of us, but what Gods Word says is important, and that is what we preach.

LA

Last edited:

ZacharyB

Demons cannot possess human spirits,
they can only influence the mind, will, and emotions by varying degrees.
An unbeliever can be demon possessed,
which means one or more demons have taken up residence in his spirit(man).

It never ceases to amaze me how many people here
have so much incredible spiritual knowledge and insight.
Totally amazing!

ZacharyB

Our spirit ... is indwelt with the Holy Spirit to become one with God when someone is born again.
Let's back up, before carrying on ...

Normal man has an empty spirit(man).
Dat's why many men (*) search for spiritual truth.

Demon-possessed people have one or more demons in their spirit(men).
Born-again people have the Holy Spirit in their spirit(men).
Demons cannot reside in a born-again person's spirit(man).

(*) I went through flying saucers, reincarnation, etc.

ZacharyB

Actually you did not learn trinitarianism from the Bible.
It's Trinity time @ the OK Corral.

There is a multitude of verses proving that the Bible teaches Jesus is God.
Would you like to see a list of them?
There are far fewer verses proving that the Bible teaches the Holy Spirit is God.

And, to continue ... There is a multitude of verses,
which have all 3 Persons/Manifestations of God mentioned in each verse!
Care to see a list of them?

We're here not just to teach, but to learn also, right?
E.G. I've learned that you have a lot of spiritual insight on some things.
Not that I've learned something ... the other thing.

Last edited:

God's Truth

Let's back up, before carrying on ...

Normal man has an empty spirit(man).
Dat's why many men (*) search for spiritual truth.

Demon-possessed people have one or more demons in their spirit(men).
Born-again people have the Holy Spirit in their spirit(men).
Demons cannot reside in a born-again person's spirit(man).

(*) I went through flying saucers, reincarnation, etc.

We do not have an empty spirit.

Hebrews 12:9, Zechariah 12:1, and Malachi 2:15.

Zechariah 12:1 shows us that the spirit has a form

Without Jesus Christ and the indwelling of the Holy Spirit...our spirits are hardly acknowledgeable. However, there are some people who are more spiritual, and want more out of this life than pleasing the flesh.

These people are more apt to search for God.

When Jesus saves us, he reconciles us to God, and we become the temple of the Living God. As we obey Jesus, our spirits become more alive.

Hebrews 12:9 Moreover, we have all had human fathers who disciplined us and we respected them for it. How much more should we submit to the Father of spirits and live!

Many only live to please their flesh and have lost all touch with their spirit.

When we receive the Holy Spirit and obey Jesus' teachings, we let the Holy Spirit live through us, as we live through the Holy Spirit.

This causes our spirit to become more alive, and conformed to the image of Christ.

Right Divider

Body part
Who is the King, Savior, and Holy One of Israel?

Why do you deny Christ?

I don't think that LA has an actual Bible.
Mat 4:7 KJV Jesus said unto him, It is written again, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God.

Joh 20:28-29 KJV And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God. (29) Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.
Same two words used to describe the Father and the Son. Did Jesus "correct" Thomas' "incorrect" understanding? No, Thomas understood and LA does not.

John 20:28 Thomas answered and said to Him, "My Lord and my God!"

Interesting of this verse, you get taught in Sunday school of Thomas lacking something, as if of some low faith, a lesser apostle, chastised for not believing. "Don't be a doubting Thomas!", they would say. What is interesting, of an adult faith, "My Lord and my God!" is the most exalted profession of Jesus Christ by anybody, up to that point, in the Bible chronology. Up to that point, who else professes the Lord Jesus as Lord and God? Also, that Thomas was discouraged and skeptical wasn't really a bad reflection on his love for Jesus.

Something else I love about Thomas is this statement, John 11:16 Then said Thomas, which is called Didymus, unto his fellowdisciples, Let us also go, that we may die with him. There's a man who means business, John 15:13 Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

We could all do worse that this "doubting Thomas" we're taught of.

ZacharyB

We do not have an empty spirit.
Zechariah 12:1 shows us that the spirit has a form.
An empty box has a form ... gee, maybe the form of a box!
Even though it really is empty space like everything else in our world!
Let's see how many people desire an explanation.

God's Truth

An empty box has a form ... gee, maybe the form of a box!
Even though it really is empty space like everything else in our world!
Let's see how many people desire an explanation.

Is that all you have to say to all that I posted to you about the spirit?

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
It's Trinity time @ the OK Corral.

There is a multitude of verses proving that the Bible teaches Jesus is God.
Would you like to see a list of them?
There are far fewer verses proving that the Bible teaches the Holy Spirit is God.

And, to continue ... There is a multitude of verses,
which have all 3 Persons/Manifestations of God mentioned in each verse!
Care to see a list of them?

We're here not just to teach, but to learn also, right?
E.G. I've learned that you have a lot of spiritual insight on some things.
Not that I've learned something ... the other thing.

The Trinity doctrine teaches certain things about the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.

They are mostly lies easily shown to be false by Scripture.

Try me on a couple from the creeds.

LA