ECT The Holy Con Artists

ZacharyB

Yes you are another one the body of Christ ...all by yourself, it is a ridiculous proposition.
God's prophets in the OT didn't give a fig about being a part of anything.
All they cared about was to follow God's leading and instructions.

However, some like you, follow Satan's leading and instructions.
Don't think Satan's demons are in the churches?
You have been totally bamboozled.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber

Not so, they stuck with Israel no matter what. Jeremiah after all his prophesying and being ignored in the end they came to him and said "tell us what to do"

He said "don't go down to Egypt or the sword will follow you there and you will die"

But they went down to Egypt, Jeremiah could have had anything he wanted whether he stayed in Jerusalem or went to Babylon

But he went down to Egypt with God's church and perished with them.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Moreover the church is herself the only prophet there is, we's the body of Christ and He is the Spirit of prophecy...there is no prophecy outside the body, no ministry.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber

God's leading and instruction is forsake not the gathering of yourselves together, especially as you see the end approaching.

Submit to you leaders, be submitted one to another.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
If you once saw the church as God sees her...you'll do like Paul and serve her like a slave.

She is the bride of His Son the purchase of His blood.

God's Truth

It is so good to read the truth from someone else.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
a member of a body which is cut off from the main body must die.

You confuse churches with the Church.

The Church began churches.

Paul began churches.

1Co 3:11 For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.

Eph 2:19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;
Eph 2:20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;
Eph 2:21 In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:
Eph 2:22 In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

The Lords Church is universal.

churches can fall away and take many members of the Church with them if they do not heed Christs words to them.

Rev 3:13 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.
Rev 3:14 And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;
Rev 3:15 I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.
Rev 3:16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.
Rev 3:17 Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:
Rev 3:18 I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.
Rev 3:19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.
Rev 3:20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.
Rev 3:21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.
Rev 3:22 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

It is not good to want believers to be submissive to that fallen church.

Tell me who the elders of the Ephesian church were to be submissive to?

They have to be submissive to Christ WITH their brethren.

Not even the ministry of Paul could work in them what only Christ could do for them--

Act 20:29 For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock.
Act 20:30 Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them.
Act 20:31 Therefore watch, and remember, that by the space of three years I ceased not to warn every one night and day with tears.
Act 20:32 And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the word of his grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified.

Paul warned them because he also saw that they were as the first disciples of Jesus were, and we all know what happened to them before they got to where God was taking them.

LA

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Yes that is YOUS are if you could, you would love to draw disciples after yourselves...they would become as messed up and bitter and fruitless as you yourselves are. That is what you have always desired, your own little discipleship and God has always denied you.

There are fellowships near you that you could join, you have to submit to the leadership, if you had anything from God worthwhile [which you don't] be SURE God would make a way for you.

It is Christ's church and He is well able to clear out the leadership to make way for His chosen ones...I've seen it, I know it.

His normal way is to make a way for a leadership to retire honourably or step aside with dignity.

You are outside the church with your denial of Christ's deity.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Paul established churches (assemblies)

He established no Church, no Body of Christ.. Christ did that.

Many are submissive to Christ without joining an assembly, though all started with Christ in one of His assemblies.

It is impossible that anyone take it upon themselves to join the Body of Christ which is His Bride.

LA

Obey the scripture and join an assembly "forsake not the gathering of yourselves together especially as you see the end time approach."

Obey and submit to the leadership.

You cain't preach obedience from a position of disobedience.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Yes that is YOUS are if you could, you would love to draw disciples after yourselves...they would become as messed up and bitter and fruitless as you yourselves are. That is what you have always desired, your own little discipleship and God has always denied you.

There are fellowships near you that you could join, you have to submit to the leadership, if you had anything from God worthwhile [which you don't] be SURE God would make a way for you.

It is Christ's church and He is well able to clear out the leadership to make way for His chosen ones...I've seen it, I know it.

His normal way is to make a way for a leadership to retire honourably or step aside with dignity.

You are outside the church with your denial of Christ's deity.

You may be sad that you have no true leadership qualities, but if you learn submission to the Lord then He might give you some responsibility among the saints.

Jas 4:7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.
Jas 4:8 Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.
Jas 4:9 Be afflicted, and mourn, and weep: let your laughter be turned to mourning, and your joy to heaviness.
Jas 4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.
Jas 4:11 Speak not evil one of another, brethren. He that speaketh evil of his brother, and judgeth his brother, speaketh evil of the law, and judgeth the law: but if thou judge the law, thou art not a doer of the law, but a judge.
Jas 4:12 There is one lawgiver, who is able to save and to destroy: who art thou that judgest another?

LA

ZacharyB

The whole of the NT is about "salvation requires getting rid of sin"
... at the very least, habitual sin!

The Word (Jesus) came as The Ultimate Sacrificial Lamb to satisfy God about our past sins.
The new nature was given to believers to make them ABLE to not sin in the future.
The Holy Spirit was given to lead, guide, and help believers ... to achieve God's will.

Ergo, believers have no excuse if they fail to do God's will.

Next, we get someone saying: "God's will is for us to merely believe!"
After all, that's what forums are for ... to give everyone a good laugh.

This is not for laughing:
The Lord will do everything in His power to help true believers be overcomers!
"To him who overcomes I will grant to sit with Me on My throne,
as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne.
He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches." (Rev 3:21-22)

But, the choice is theirs ... to co-operate with Him, or not.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
You may be sad that you have no true leadership qualities, but if you learn submission to the Lord then He might give you some responsibility among the saints.

Jas 4:7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.
Jas 4:8 Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.
Jas 4:9 Be afflicted, and mourn, and weep: let your laughter be turned to mourning, and your joy to heaviness.
Jas 4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.
Jas 4:11 Speak not evil one of another, brethren. He that speaketh evil of his brother, and judgeth his brother, speaketh evil of the law, and judgeth the law: but if thou judge the law, thou art not a doer of the law, but a judge.
Jas 4:12 There is one lawgiver, who is able to save and to destroy: who art thou that judgest another?

LA

Kneel down before God and accuse me to Him directly of any sin that has dominion over me.

Your nastiness is plain for us all to see

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
The whole of the NT is about "salvation requires getting rid of sin"
... at the very least, habitual sin!

The Word (Jesus) came as The Ultimate Sacrificial Lamb to satisfy God about our past sins.
The new nature was given to believers to make them ABLE to not sin in the future.
The Holy Spirit was given to lead, guide, and help believers ... to achieve God's will.

Ergo, believers have no excuse if they fail to do God's will.

Next, we get someone saying: "God's will is for us to merely believe!"
After all, that's what forums are for ... to give everyone a good laugh.

This is not for laughing:
The Lord will do everything in His power to help true believers be overcomers!
"To him who overcomes I will grant to sit with Me on My throne,
as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne.
He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches." (Rev 3:21-22)

But, the choice is theirs ... to co-operate with Him, or not.

Why is your testimony not that you have overcome? because you haven't

I have overcome, I discovered the key, I share it with you that YOU too may overcome.

Here is the key

I have been crucified with Christ, I live, no longer I but Christ liveth in me. And the life that I now live I live by the faith of the Son of God.

Your phrase "merely believe" tells me that you haven't a clue as to the power of this doctrine, you may know it but you have never applied it.

Therefore you are still struggling with sin.

Why don't you come back when YOU have overcome......you won't be looking for folks to flog in that day.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
That is why I call you holy con artists

You say we must overcome, but you have not overcome. You say we must quit sinning, but you have not quit sinning.

You say we must obey, but you do not obey.

You are those who touch the nose and say "do as we say but don't do as we do"

Last edited:

andyc

A lot of these discussions about salvation and eternal security are quite elementary I think. A person who is living a godless lifestyle should come to faith in God because of the revelation of God's love towards them.

Colossians 2:6-7 As you have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in Him, rooted and built up in Him and established in the faith, as you have been taught, abounding in it with thanksgiving.

None of us came to God feeling that we were worthy, and so we shouldn't walk in him thinking we're worthy. If we abound in thanksgiving, it means that we are always conscious of the fact that all we are is because of what God has done.

If people focus on sin, it'll dominate their mind, and they'll then empower sin to the point where it becomes a mental stronghold.

Romans 6:14 For sin shall not have dominion over you, for you are not under law but under grace.

And so Paul is simply saying that righteousness does not depend on performance. If it did, our faith would fluctuate because the righteousness of God is by faith.
If righteousness is a according to performance, this would erect a law of self imposed principles, and if at anytime someone slipped below the required standard, condemnation would inevitably follow. Where there is condemnation, sin has dominion because any imposed standard has to be adhered to 100%.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
That is why I call you holy con artists

You say we must overcome, but you have not overcome. You say we must quit sinning, but you have not quit sinning.

You say we must obey, but you do not obey.

You are those who touch the nose and say "do as we say but don't do as we do"

It seems some ladies have decided they are prophets called by God to expose all the supposed false prophets.

We who are lied about, know who put you up to it.

LA

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
It seems some ladies have decided they are prophets called by God to expose all the supposed false prophets.

We who are lied about, know who put you up to it.

LA

We don't need to be prophets, your doctrines give you away, your speech gives you away.

The sum of your testimony if evaluated is this

God said He would save us, He promised to make us holy but we can't be sure He will keep His word or even if He is able.

Declare here and now that you have overcome the evil one like John says. Say right here that you have gotten the victory.

If you cain't you should shut your unholy mouth until you can.

You ought to be learning not trying to teach things you have never yet [these 40 years struggling] attained.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
We don't need to be prophets, your doctrines give you away, your speech gives you away.

The sum of your testimony if evaluated is this

God said He would save us, He promised to make us holy but we can't be sure He will keep His word or even if He is able.

Declare here and now that you have overcome the evil one like John says. Say right here that you have gotten the victory.

If you cain't you should shut your unholy mouth until you can.

You ought to be learning not trying to teach things you have never yet [these 40 years struggling] attained.

I post scripture.

Your beef us with the Lords Word.

You have not overcome your flesh yet so the devil stirs you up against Gods word and those who speak it.

Why did you not make a scriptural argument against the verses posted.

There is none, so you go off your nut, which will do you no good.

LA

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
I post scripture.

Your beef us with the Lords Word.

You have not overcome your flesh yet so the devil stirs you up against Gods word and those who speak it.

Why did you not make a scriptural argument against the verses posted.

There is none, so you go off your nut, which will do you no good.

LA
We have answered you many times

The devil posts scripture...he quoted scripture to the Lord's face, the Jews posted scripture. Always they quote out of context...they add a liddle bit like Zach does or they subtract a liddle bit. Or they magnify a few verses in the overwhelming face of other scriptures which say differently.

The scriptures do not disagree...your interpretation is wrong.

Those scriptures are warning YOU but you are too stupid to see it.

YOU are the one who has ceased to abide in Christ and is now looking to your own arm of flesh...an abomination to the Lord

YOU are the one who has failed to hold on to the confidence you once had

YOU have not held fast your first confession.

We have abided in Christ and only have confidence in the cross, our testimony is the same as it was when first we were saved. We were saved, we were sanctified for ALL TIME by a single sacrifice.

We are more than conquerors thru Him who loved us, we have overcome the evil one.

We may fall, we make no presumption about that but be damned we cannot be.

You have already fallen away.

I asked you to put up or to shut up.

If YOU are not in victory, if YOU have not overcome, if YOU are not walking in dynamic faith with the Lord then you need to stop spraying the shine on all and sundry and set these matters right.

If you were right you would not be going around sniffing everyone else's mess like meshak does. You would be all for strengthening God's people in the inner man, blessing them, encouraging them, admonishing them...you would love them, you would join with them, you would submit to them.

You are the 21st century example of the hermits who couldn't stand other people's unholiness and crawled off into their caves, but they found their sins followed them in. Holy con artists