ECT The historical false teaching about the sins of a believer

False Prophet

Some people seem to believe that sinning is OK! Those who belong to Christ have crucified the flesh along with its desires. They bombard us with controversial questions: that's sinless perfection! You cannot lose your salvation! How can you lose what you never had.
8 So now, those who are in Christ Jesus are not judged guilty. Ro 8
With their tunnel vision, they can only see in their Bibles what fits their doctrines; which are the doctrines and traditions of men.
Now we do not live following our sinful selves, but we live following the Spirit. v4 The fruit of the spirit love joy peace are not evident in these people's lives because they follow after their carton. They do not enjoy the things of God when they want to satisfy I me mine.
Those who live following their sinful selves think only about things that their sinful selves want. v5
So when they come to the Word of God and they go to their church structures: then their sins are atoned for. Babylon becomes a dwelling place of demons, because they are still living for the devil any way. The stain glass windows didn't keep them out!
If people’s thinking is controlled by the sinful self, there is death.v6
Now do the sophists on this board enjoy love, joy, peace? Or do they endulge in enmity, strife, speculations and controversial questions to explain away the Word of God.
7 When people’s thinking is controlled by the sinful self, they are against God, because they refuse to obey God’s law and really are not even able to obey God’s law. 8 Those people who are ruled by their sinful selves cannot please God. Ro 8
These people are ruled by their carton. They only want to fulfill the desires of the flesh. Those who are led by the Spirit of God are the sons of God. These people cannot please God by following after the flesh. If I rebuild what I once destroyed, then I prove myself to be a transgressor.
9 But you are not ruled by your sinful selves. You are ruled by the Spirit, if that Spirit of God really lives in you. But the person who does not have the Spirit of Christ does not belong to Christ.
Does your Bible say that these people do not belong to Christ. By this the Spirit of God and the spirit of the devil are evident. He that does not do what is righteous is not of God.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
We have only received a down payment on immortality, the deal has not been finalized until the first resurrection.

Cross Reference

1 Timothy 4:12 Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity.
I don't despise your youth just your contempt for the truth of the gospel. You aren't running with the facts but opinion based upon a misrepresentation of what is written.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You said, "only for our redemption" and I showed you we are already redeemed by His blood AND that we (those who are saved) are sealed until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of His glory. Do you believe that?

Paul is talking to the Bride of Christ.

Eph 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:
Eph 1:4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

One must rightly divide the word of God.

LA

False Prophet

He that teaches a doctrine that does not conform you to godliness is blind, conceited, and knows nothing.
3 We can be sure that we know God if we obey his commands. 4 Anyone who says, “I know God,” but does not obey God’s commands is a liar, and the truth is not in that person. 1 John 2

Cross Reference

He that teaches a doctrine that does not conform you to godliness is blind, conceited, and knows nothing.
3 We can be sure that we know God if we obey his commands. 4 Anyone who says, “I know God,” but does not obey God’s commands is a liar, and the truth is not in that person. 1 John 2

Amen! Note: That is not about a sinners prayer salvation but the afterwards of the learning the Father as one who understands that is His will for our lives.

heir

TOL Subscriber
I can only imagine the effort expended in doing so - - -contempt, that is.
take a look in the mirror

You are ashamed of the testimony of the Lord Jesus Christ and of His prisoner Paul and show your disapproval of excellent things with nearly every post.

heir

TOL Subscriber

I guess that's you then...

Cross Reference

Every time I bring it up you fight it. If not ashamed then just an enemy of the cross?

What does that have to do with anything?

Your sensibilities are wanting. You have to be child. In any event I can't follow your reasoning and your inability to connect the dots. You have no idea what the "mystery" is and yet proclaim it to be something exclusively to Paul. That's nonsense. That is enough for me to make my exit.