The heresy of Calvinism by Dave Hunt--

Epoisses

That's Calvin-Speak. You denied being a Calvinist.

In any case, God says believe. Man has the choice to believe or not. Thus is the condemnation justified for unbelief. It's the only way.

You have been brainwashed to replace faith with choice. Faith is not choosing for the one thousandth time! Faith or belief in Hebrew is similar to the word Amen which means certainty, truth or without doubt. Faith is an assent to truth where choice is picking A or B. This isn't that hard to see unless you don't want to.

musterion

You have been brainwashed to replace faith with choice. Faith is not choosing for the one thousandth time! Faith or belief in Hebrew is similar to the word Amen which means certainty, truth or without doubt. Faith is an assent to truth where choice is picking A or B. This isn't that hard to see unless you don't want to.

You didn't dispute what I said because it's true.

glorydaz

Of course we have a choice. Be reconciled...turn to God.

2 Corinthians 5:20
Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.

1 Thessalonians 1:9 For they themselves shew of us what manner of entering in we had unto you, and how ye turned to God from idols to serve the living and true God;​

Epoisses

Of course we have a choice. Be reconciled...turn to God.

2 Corinthians 5:20
Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.

1 Thessalonians 1:9 For they themselves shew of us what manner of entering in we had unto you, and how ye turned to God from idols to serve the living and true God;​

Belief and choice are not synonyms! Belief comes from the heart and it happens when we hear truth. Choice comes from the will or intellect and is the counterfeit of faith. The will-power, self-help religion is very popular today but a dead-end and the broad way that leads to death.

musterion

Belief and choice are not synonyms!

They are when God would have all to be saved and saves any on the grounds of belief. What part of this don't you understand? The Bible says they can choose to believe, or they can not choose to believe. God's condemnation is justified if they don't because they knew enough and COULD have chosen rightly and been saved.

I know you're intelligent enough to comprehend what we've been saying to you and to see that it makes sense. You're being deliberately dense. Your act doesn't fool some of us.

glorydaz

Belief and choice are not synonyms! Belief comes from the heart and it happens when we hear truth. Choice comes from the will or intellect and is the counterfeit of faith.

:think:

If I really believe a rock is about to fall on my head, I will move out of the way. I don't think you can separate the two. The one is just the proof of or reaction to the other.

In other words, the choosing IS response to what you heard.

Epoisses

They are when God would have all to be saved and saves any on the grounds of belief. What part of this don't you understand? The Bible says they can choose to believe, or they can not choose to believe. God's condemnation is justified if they don't because they knew enough and COULD have chosen rightly and been saved.

I know you're intelligent enough to comprehend what we've been saying to you and to see that it makes sense. You're being deliberately dense. Your act doesn't fool some of us.

If you were a true repentant sinner you would know that you can never believe the way God requires i.e. with no doubt, fear or faltering. You're just the typical Arminian who has trusted in his will-power for so long that you are incapable of truly giving the control of your life to God.

Epoisses

:think:

If I really believe a rock is about to fall on my head, I will move out of the way. I don't think you can separate the two. The one is just the proof of or reaction to the other.

In other words, the choosing IS response to what you heard.

Arminian trash. Save me will-power, save me!

musterion

If you were a true repentant sinner you would know that you can never believe the way God requires i.e. with no doubt, fear or faltering. You're just the typical Arminian who has trusted in his will-power for so long that you are incapable of truly giving the control of your life to God.

God alone knows what's truly in the heart of others. Not you.

glorydaz

You, clearly, love to make up crap about people, and you really have nothing of worth to contribute.

Epoisses

LOL...I hit the Arminian panic button. We have to be right because there are way more people on our broad side. Nevermind that God requires a perfect faith to be believe in Christ that sinners can never achieve. That's why it's called the faith of Jesus. He just loans it out but only after poor proud sinners have been humbled into the dust.

glorydaz

LOL...I hit the Arminian panic button. We have to be right because there are way more people on our broad side. Nevermind that God requires a perfect faith to be believe in Christ that sinners can never achieve. That's why it's called the faith of Jesus. He just loans it out but only after poor proud sinners have been humbled into the dust.

Nonsense from start to finish.

I guess the father of faith had that "perfect" faith, but no one else can ever achieve it? Romans 4:12

From faith to faith, Epi. Don't throw out the one while you hold up the other. Both are required. Our faith in Christ, and His faith which justifies.

Romans 1:8 First, I thank my God through Jesus Christ for you all, that your faith is spoken of throughout the whole world.

Romans 3:22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:​

Epoisses

Nonsense from start to finish.

I guess the father of faith had that "perfect" faith, but no one else can ever achieve it? Romans 4:12

From faith to faith, Epi. Don't throw out the one while you hold up the other. Both are required. Our faith in Christ, and His faith which justifies.

Romans 1:8 First, I thank my God through Jesus Christ for you all, that your faith is spoken of throughout the whole world.

Romans 3:22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:​

I didn't see anything about choice in those verses! I choose to reject all things Arminian.

Epoisses

Ah, I didn't realize you considered Paul to be Arminian. :chuckle:

If I can just muster up enough will-power to walk down the aisle I can get saved today and then I can go home and sin all I want. One warm and fuzzy walk down the aisle at the Jesus-thon will cover at least three months of sinning. God is good!

glorydaz

If I can just muster up enough will-power to walk down the aisle I can get saved today and then I can go home and sin all I want. One warm and fuzzy walk down the aisle at the Jesus-thon will cover at least three months of sinning. God is good!

Is that your read on it?

Looks like a complete over-exaggeration to me, but I don't expect anything else from you.

It's really easy to run down what you don't understand.