The Great Debate

The Great Debate

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

exminister

Trump Wins

Finally watched the Michigan debate. Kaisach got more time which is good. Love it when moderator was setting him up to criticize Trump and Kaisach replied "I am not going to bite". Kaisach as he said is the adult in the debate. It has been a disservice that he has gotten so little time. He appears to have the best background. Kaisach tended to repeat himself. If given more time I would like to hear what's past that.

Rubio has the least experience and he never has addressed why he was so absent in Senate votes. That came from Trump this time and Christie in the past. I find this troubling. He should have done his job.

Cruz laid back some this time not getting into the yelling brouhaha. I am sure that was his plan. I could "hear" his silence. He let Rubio do the yelling, which of course Rubio couldn't stop himself. Rubio claimed weeks ago he wouldn't do all this barking. But he got a taste and its like a drug to him now. Guess a younger guy chipping at the indominatable Trump must taste delicious. His broad smile gives away his pleasure.

I was impressed how Trump turned the Cubans argument that 55 percent didn't like Trump because they voted for another candidate. He zinged Cruz with well since you only got 15% of the vote 85% don't like you.

I think Trump adequately answer why he hired non-citizens at Maralogo. Spike season and locals didn't want short term jobs. It is legal and other hotels have the same practice. He hires thousands of employees and nearly all are citizens. But the Cubans couldn't let it go, while Rubio hasn't hired anyone. Rubio fumbled that one.

I wondered why Trump didn't defend his outsourcing of jobs to China by saying "Look (he likes to say that) the current environment forces businesses in order to survive to outsource. But when I am president I will change all that so I can bring my businesses onshore. It is going to be HUGE". One would hope this would be the case.

Trump University. Anecdotal references and currently case unsettled. I think this went no where.

The Fox slides showing how Trump cannot save what he said he could were comical. PowerPoint presentation with 3 numbers on it looked like something a kid would do for a middle school report. Trump as a businessman must review very complex spreadsheets. This was simply a poke at Trump without really getting into it or giving him time to go to the level necessary.

Megan and Trump were cordial.

Cruz was best at NOT answering a question. I noticed it before but it really stood out to me this time. He turns it to campaign rhetoric quickly. I don't like it but it works for him. I was like what was he asked? Even the moderator said I will give you another 30 seconds IF you answer the question. LOL. I think this skill will be frustrating to the American public if this man becomes president. Maybe this is one of the reason people who know him don't like him.

Well it was another Trump show debate. Entertaining but not substantive. That's works to Trump's favor. I don't think it changed anyone's mind ( except that percentage of undecided who float on the most recent wave). But after so many debates it would be surprising to hear something new.

exminister

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
clinton's walking on stage.....

and she's down already! :banana:

but the secret service is propping her up - they're giving her some pills and a bottle of something to get them down....

and she's at the podium!

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
but it looks like she's having some kind of seizure :idunno:

oh no - she's knocked the podium over!