The Gospel that Justifies, Reconciles, Sanctifies, Redeems and glorifies

desiringGod7

These are the benefits of being a Gospel believing Christian.

What does the Catholic church offer? What are the benefits of Calvinism? What does any religion offer? Try, NOTHING. There are no benefits in religion.

Only in the Gospel do we receive all of the gifts of God, and then besides all of the above we receive the blessed Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is only given to those who believe and have faith in Christ and his Gospel, plus nothing.

The Gospel is all that we need.

JUSTIFICATION: We are justified by the doing and the dying of Jesus. In our name and on our behalf Jesus fulfills God's Holy Law for us, Romans 3:26, In our name and on our behalf Jesus atones for our sins and the sins of the whole world, 1 John 2:2.

RECONCILIATION: We are reconciled unto God by Jesus Christ, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19. Not just us, but the whole world. God accepts the doing and the dying of Jesus in our name and on our behalf. This is how we are reconciled unto God.

SANCTIFICATION: We are sanctified by being "In Christ". God sees all that have faith in Christ and his Gospel "In Christ". We are "In Christ" and Christ is in heaven, Ephesians 2:6. It is finished, we are complete "In Christ" Colossians 2:10.

REDEMPTION: We who are Christians have been bought, 1 Corinthians 6:20. Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law, which condemns us to hell. "He who knew no sin, became sin for us, that we might be made the righteousness of God in him" 2 Corinthians 5:21.

GLORIFICATION: Glorification is the results of being justfied, reconciled, sanctified and redeemed. "We will be like him, for we shall see him as he is". When Christ, WHO IS OUR Life, shall appear, then shall we also appear with him in Glory, Colossians 3:4.
Lol I go for months at a time without checking this board, only to come back to Pate making the SAME lame daily post he always has about how he's the only true Christian, with the same people giving the same "FALSE TEACHER" responses.

Get a life, Robert.. You're no wiser than every other fool who's ever picked up a Bible and arrogantly thought he was the only Christian one who could understand it.

If you'd spend half the time looking for Truth as you spend spewing ignorance you might've had a singular clue by now.

And to the "Calvinists" repeating the same "FALSE TEACHER!" replies on every one of his threads.. I'm a believer in reformed theology myself, but give it a rest. He's just looking for an argument, and a chance to prove (to himself) how righteously wise he is, and how ignorant everyone else is.. The only "Calvinist" Robert knows is the straw man of his own making. He wouldn't recognize proper reformed theology (the Truth, as stated by Scriptures) if it smacked him across his hateful ignorance spewing mouth..

Robert, YOU'RE the one who puts your theology & religion (though you're too blind to recognize it as such) above Christ.. The very thing you accuse us of. We use our theology to better know Christ, you use yours to tear down true believers. All because you're not humble enough to look at YOURSELF and realize you're wrong.

Just ask yourself, when you stand before Christ, do you honestly have yourself convinced he's gonna go doctrine for doctrine to check that you believe properly? This is the way you live and speak, as if THAT'S what the judgement is all about.. He'll be judging your heart, and He'll see the complete lack of love for every believer but yourself. I would pray that He would do a major work in yours before that day, because then it'll be too late..

desiringGod7

Satan and the sinning angels are also reconciled to the Father by Jesus' blood.

For it pleased the Father that in Him all the fullness should dwell and by Him to reconcile all things to Himself, by Him, whether things on earth or things in heaven having made peace through the blood of His cross. (Colossians 1:19-20 NKJV)​
This is taking universalism to a new extreme..

Robert Pate

Banned
Lol I go for months at a time without checking this board, only to come back to Pate making the SAME lame daily post he always has about how he's the only true Christian, with the same people giving the same "FALSE TEACHER" responses.

Get a life, Robert.. You're no wiser than every other fool who's ever picked up a Bible and arrogantly thought he was the only Christian one who could understand it.

If you'd spend half the time looking for Truth as you spend spewing ignorance you might've had a singular clue by now.

And to the "Calvinists" repeating the same "FALSE TEACHER!" replies on every one of his threads.. I'm a believer in reformed theology myself, but give it a rest. He's just looking for an argument, and a chance to prove (to himself) how righteously wise he is, and how ignorant everyone else is.. The only "Calvinist" Robert knows is the straw man of his own making. He wouldn't recognize proper reformed theology (the Truth, as stated by Scriptures) if it smacked him across his hateful ignorance spewing mouth..

Robert, YOU'RE the one who puts your theology & religion (though you're too blind to recognize it as such) above Christ.. The very thing you accuse us of. We use our theology to better know Christ, you use yours to tear down true believers. All because you're not humble enough to look at YOURSELF and realize you're wrong.

Just ask yourself, when you stand before Christ, do you honestly have yourself convinced he's gonna go doctrine for doctrine to check that you believe properly? This is the way you live and speak, as if THAT'S what the judgement is all about.. He'll be judging your heart, and He'll see the complete lack of love for every believer but yourself. I would pray that He would do a major work in yours before that day, because then it'll be too late..

The only thing that is going to stand in the judgment is the righteousness of Christ.

If you are not found to be "In Christ" you will disappear in a puff of smoke.

fishrovmen

Lol.. I laugh a little to myself every time I see a new thread by this guy. Pate is the ultimate theology troll.
"new"? thread? It's the same stuff almost every thread. He just changes the word order a little and throws in some scripture references that have little to nothing to do with his rants. Meanwhile, his own beliefs are unscriptural and contradictory and vary from thread to thread.

beloved57

The only thing that is going to stand in the judgment is the righteousness of Christ.

You reject the Gospel of Christ and teach that those He Lived and died for shall wind up in hell for their sins in unbelief, whereas they have obeyed Gods Law Perfectly already ! Rom 2:13 !

desiringGod7

Exactly.. And my point is, you show a lot of arrogant, argumentative, self-righteous, downright hateful behavior for someone who is in Christ, and has been born again.

I'm not going back and forth with someone who will say anything for the sake of argument. You're not looking to learn, or even discuss.. You're looking for an argument. The first conversation I had with you I was simply trying to get you to see where you're getting things wrong, the things that have you believing that it's you vs. the rest of Christianity, and was offering to help you find a biblical church in your area. You shot back (as always) hateful nonsense about doctrines of demons. I'm not doing that..

I'll save you the time.. It goes like this evey time..

Pate: What are your beliefs? How are we saved?

Me: I'm saved only because Christ died for my sins and by His grace, through faith, which is also a gift of His grace, I've been forgiven.

Pate: False. We're saved because God the Father sent His son as a sacrifice and by believing I am not rendered guilty for my sins.

Me: Yeah, I know, you're describing the same thing here, you're just using different words.. I can explain how you're misunderstanding my beliefs. I can help you find a gospel-centered church in your area if you want..

Pate: False. I am justified because I am in Christ through faith because my superlative scripture reading (and quoting) abilities gave me the insight every other human lacks to see what is needed to be saved. You are not saved. Churches are for false Christians! (something about Catholics)! (something about Calvinists)!

Me: But you're misunderst..

Pate: ANTINOMIAN! You must obey!!

Me: But..

Pate: LEGALIST! Salvation by works! False Gospel!!

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER

Is that what Jesus said?

And if anyone hears My words and does not believe I do not judge him, for I did not come to judge the world but to save the world.
(John 12:47 NKJV)

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
You reject the Gospel of Christ and teach that those He Lived and died for shall wind up in hell for their sins in unbelief, whereas they have obeyed Gods Law Perfectly already ! Rom 2:13 !

Is unbelief a work? You've said in the past that, "Faith is a
work." So, is unbelief (having no faith) a work?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Is unbelief a work? You've said in the past that, "Faith is a
work." So, is unbelief (having no faith) a work?

Read the Bible and use google - from gotquestions.com

Question: "How can salvation be not of works when faith is required? Isn't believing a work?"

Answer: Our salvation depends solely upon Jesus Christ. He is our substitute, taking sin’s penalty (2 Corinthians 5:21); He is our Savior from sin (John 1:29); He is the author and finisher of our faith (Hebrews 12:2). The work necessary to provide salvation was fully accomplished by Jesus Himself, who lived a perfect life, took God’s judgment for sin, and rose again from the dead (Hebrews 10:12).

The Bible is quite clear that our own works do not help merit salvation. We are saved “not because of righteous things we had done” (Titus 3:5). “Not by works” (Ephesians 2:9). “There is no one righteous, not even one” (Romans 3:10). This means that offering sacrifices, keeping the commandments, going to church, being baptized, and other good deeds are incapable of saving anyone. No matter how “good” we are, we can never measure up to God’s standard of holiness (Romans 3:23; Matthew 19:17; Isaiah 64:6).

The Bible is just as clear that salvation is conditional; God does not save everyone. The one condition for salvation is faith in Jesus Christ. Nearly 200 times in the New Testament, faith (or belief) is declared to be the sole condition for salvation (John 1:12; Acts 16:31).

One day, some people asked Jesus what they could do to please God: “What must we do to do the works God requires?” Jesus immediately points them to faith: “The work of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent” (John 6:28-29). So, the question is about God’s requirements (plural), and Jesus’ answer is that God’s requirement (singular) is that you believe in Him.

Grace is God’s giving us something we cannot earn or deserve. According to Romans 11:6, “works” of any kind destroys grace—the idea is that a worker earns payment, while the recipient of grace simply receives it, unearned. Since salvation is all of grace, it cannot be earned. Faith, therefore, is a non-work. Faith cannot truly be considered a “work,” or else it would destroy grace. (See also Romans 4—Abraham’s salvation was dependent on faith in God, as opposed to any work he performed.)

To take this a step further, true faith cannot be considered a work because even faith is a gift from God, not something we produce on our own. “For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God” (Ephesians 2:8). “No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him” (John 6:44). Praise the Lord for His power to save and for His grace to make salvation a reality!

desiringGod7

"new"? thread? It's the same stuff almost every thread. He just changes the word order a little and throws in some scripture references that have little to nothing to do with his rants. Meanwhile, his own beliefs are unscriptural and contradictory and vary from thread to thread.
Exactly. When I first joined and didn't know any better I tried to discuss it with him and show him where he was getting things wrong but he only wanted to argue.

It just humors me to see the threads now, though a part of me still want to reach him. He just isn't willing to listen to anyone who disagrees with him.

No matter what you say, no matter which side of an issue you're on, all he wants is to whip out a verse of scripture, to prove how wrong you are, and that's his sole motivation. It'll never get him anywhere.

beloved57

Read the Bible and use google - from gotquestions.com

Question: "How can salvation be not of works when faith is required? Isn't believing a work?"

Answer: Our salvation depends solely upon Jesus Christ. He is our substitute, taking sin’s penalty (2 Corinthians 5:21); He is our Savior from sin (John 1:29); He is the author and finisher of our faith (Hebrews 12:2). The work necessary to provide salvation was fully accomplished by Jesus Himself, who lived a perfect life, took God’s judgment for sin, and rose again from the dead (Hebrews 10:12).

The Bible is quite clear that our own works do not help merit salvation. We are saved “not because of righteous things we had done” (Titus 3:5). “Not by works” (Ephesians 2:9). “There is no one righteous, not even one” (Romans 3:10). This means that offering sacrifices, keeping the commandments, going to church, being baptized, and other good deeds are incapable of saving anyone. No matter how “good” we are, we can never measure up to God’s standard of holiness (Romans 3:23; Matthew 19:17; Isaiah 64:6).

The Bible is just as clear that salvation is conditional; God does not save everyone. The one condition for salvation is faith in Jesus Christ. Nearly 200 times in the New Testament, faith (or belief) is declared to be the sole condition for salvation (John 1:12; Acts 16:31).

One day, some people asked Jesus what they could do to please God: “What must we do to do the works God requires?” Jesus immediately points them to faith: “The work of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent” (John 6:28-29). So, the question is about God’s requirements (plural), and Jesus’ answer is that God’s requirement (singular) is that you believe in Him.

Grace is God’s giving us something we cannot earn or deserve. According to Romans 11:6, “works” of any kind destroys grace—the idea is that a worker earns payment, while the recipient of grace simply receives it, unearned. Since salvation is all of grace, it cannot be earned. Faith, therefore, is a non-work. Faith cannot truly be considered a “work,” or else it would destroy grace. (See also Romans 4—Abraham’s salvation was dependent on faith in God, as opposed to any work he performed.)

To take this a step further, true faith cannot be considered a work because even faith is a gift from God, not something we produce on our own. “For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God” (Ephesians 2:8). “No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him” (John 6:44). Praise the Lord for His power to save and for His grace to make salvation a reality!

False teaching, for they who Christ lived and died for are reconciled to God while they were enemies and unbelievers Rom 5:10 !

Robert Pate

Banned
Exactly.. And my point is, you show a lot of arrogant, argumentative, self-righteous, downright hateful behavior for someone who is in Christ, and has been born again.

I'm not going back and forth with someone who will say anything for the sake of argument. You're not looking to learn, or even discuss.. You're looking for an argument. The first conversation I had with you I was simply trying to get you to see where you're getting things wrong, the things that have you believing that it's you vs. the rest of Christianity, and was offering to help you find a biblical church in your area. You shot back (as always) hateful nonsense about doctrines of demons. I'm not doing that..

I'll save you the time.. It goes like this evey time..

Pate: What are your beliefs? How are we saved?

Me: I'm saved only because Christ died for my sins and by His grace, through faith, which is also a gift of His grace, I've been forgiven.

Pate: False. We're saved because God the Father sent His son as a sacrifice and by believing I am not rendered guilty for my sins.

Me: Yeah, I know, you're describing the same thing here, you're just using different words.. I can explain how you're misunderstanding my beliefs. I can help you find a gospel-centered church in your area if you want..

Pate: False. I am justified because I am in Christ through faith because my superlative scripture reading (and quoting) abilities gave me the insight every other human lacks to see what is needed to be saved. You are not saved. Churches are for false Christians! (something about Catholics)! (something about Calvinists)!

Me: But you're misunderst..

Pate: ANTINOMIAN! You must obey!!

Me: But..

Pate: LEGALIST! Salvation by works! False Gospel!!

I think that what you are really desiring is religion.

The Gospel and justification by faith is just to simple for you.