The Gospel testimony of John Calvin

musterion

I see MAD in Paul's letters without Darby's input, so it was always there. I saw the differences before I ever heard the name Darby.

It's a red herring for him to even bring it up. He knows that. I'd forgotten how weaselly Lon can be when pinned.

musterion

Lon,

Post Calvin's testimony regarding his coming to understand and believe the saving Gospel of grace, please. We're waiting.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
Certainly quaint, but honest?

From His will:

And if you were diligent enough to read his commentaries on scripture, you'd know he embraces Romans 10:9&10 Ephesians 2:8&9 etc.

Cheapshots or actual research? :think: I'll go with reputable, honest, diligent, and faithful for this discussion. The rest? :nono: Not so much. If you are honest and not picking fights, I'm all for it otherwise :wave:
My family does cheapshots on facebook. I picked up a tabloid while waiting in line at walmart and it reminded me how uneducated people are. Cheapshots only comes from stupid and theres money in behaving like one. How else are arminians going to make profits for the invisible wolves for them to preach from the dens of demons?

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
Fair enough Bradly D.

But doesn't it make more sense to stick with a discussion about the writings of Calvin then expanding to what the 'followers' of Calvin say?
the arminians invents things John Calvin never said nor believed.

dialm

BANNED
Banned
Usually I'm pretty good at figuring things out. But I have never been able to figure out how an arminian who is living in sin can be saved. Not only that but do Church work.

Still looking for that loop hole as I'm not one who wishes to see those poor Arminians go down the rat hole.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
Now that Other John was a great arminian. Sent his brother to the U.S. Where he picked up an Indian bride. Very good testimony.
Pocahontas is my greatx7+ grandmother. While Jonathon edwards started revivalism, the arminians took it wrong and they started dying left and right, went insane and created false doctrines. Edwards tried to reverse revivalism but the cities and john liked the evil power of free will and kicked him out and left him for the indians. Edwards couldn't communicate with the indians. I guess edwards had to use strong languages to show total depravity while the arminians bask in the boasting pools with the pride of telling god they deserve better treatment. Edward is right, men are like __________.

dialm

BANNED
Banned
Pocahontas is my greatx7+ grandmother. While Jonathon edwards started revivalism, the arminians took it wrong and they started dying left and right, went insane and created false doctrines. Edwards tried to reverse revivalism but the cities and john liked the evil power of free will and kicked him out and left him for the indians. Edwards couldn't communicate with the indians. I guess edwards had to use strong languages to show total depravity while the arminians bask in the boasting pools with the pride of telling god they deserve better treatment. Edward is right, men are like __________.

Not blaming Pocahontas. She was a Cslvinist.

dialm

BANNED
Banned
The important thing to understand about the Arminian problem is for example

Divorce and remarriage.

Most of this is unbiblical. So what that means according to their interpretation is that most people caught in this web are going to hell. That is an Armenian promise.

Lon

Still looking, Lon? Take your time.
:nono: You are the one weaseling. You shortened my response to two lines. It made your shortcomings clear and I'm not interested in inane banter (told you that in the other thread, again, I'm finding your motives suspect). You were challenged to find ANY historical figure from Calvin's era that fulfills the MAD qualification. I could then look for those same qualifications in Calvin's writings. You weren't interested. Next, I said since you have no knowledge of Calvin, you couldn't possibly have been one, just hanging out with a few. After that? I'm not your personal slave. Do you own work. I looked up Calvin's comments on Romans, Galatians, and Ephesians. You? :nono: Let's talk about weaseling again. I am not your personal slave. Do your own work. I didn't find it very hard to look it up at all (find your favorite verses, look up his commentary on those verses, easy). Not really what you were interested in, when starting this thread though, was it?