ECT The Gospel Preached at Pentecost

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
You have proven nothing.

None of that upholds the first assertion you hurled at me...

Let alone your Blue Hawaii notions...

3075b78f6be6f100d5756552f928a745.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jerry Shugart

“Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and the rest of the apostles, Brethren, what shall we do?
(HOW CAN WE GET SAVED)

And Peter said

unto them, Repent ye, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ

unto the remission of your sins;

So Peter was telling them that they had to be baptized with water in order to be saved?

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
You could have broken those passages down.

Those passage classify or the Bible classifies man into four categories: (1) the natural man, (2) the baby believer, (3) the carnal believer (Jerry), and (4) the full grown spiritually adult believer like Sherman [emoji182]

Danoh

Those passage classify or the Bible classifies man into four categories: (1) the natural man, (2) the baby believer, (3) the carnal believer (Jerry), and (4) the full grown spiritually adult believer like Sherman [emoji182]

Ask the guy to break em down.

Instead, he ends up breaking them :chuckle:

Yep, intojoy is just another books based tool of the wisdom of men.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
So receiving the gift of the Holy Spirit was not evidence that they were saved from sin unto salvation?

They received the Spirit baptism into Messiah. Because the believed the required content of faith that Christ died, was buried and rose again for the remission of their sins.

Jerry Shugart

They received the Spirit baptism into Messiah. Because the believed the required content of faith that Christ died, was buried and rose again for the remission of their sins.

Where do we see in Peter's sermon that the Lord Jesus "died, was buried and rose again for the remission of their sins"?

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Where do we see in Peter's sermon that the Lord Jesus "died, was buried and rose again for the remission of their sins"?

Behold, my servant shall deal wisely, he shall be exalted and lifted up, and shall be very high. 14 Like as many were astonished at thee (his visage was so marred more than any man, and his form more than the sons of men), 15 so shall he sprinkle many nations; kings shall shut their mouths at him: for that which had not been told them shall they see; and that which they had not heard shall they understand.
1 Who hath believed our message? and to whom hath the arm of Jehovah been revealed? 2 For he grew up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him. 3 He was despised, and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and as one from whom men hide their face he was despised; and we esteemed him not. 4 Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows; yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted. 5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities; the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed. 6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and Jehovah hath laid on him the iniquity of us all. 7 He was oppressed, yet when he was afflicted he opened not his mouth; as a lamb that is led to the slaughter, and as a sheep that before its shearers is dumb, so he opened not his mouth. 8 By oppression and judgment he was taken away; and as for his generation, who among them considered that he was cut off out of the land of the living for the transgression of my people to whom the stroke was due? 9 And they made his grave with the wicked, and with a rich man in his death; although he had done no violence, neither was any deceit in his mouth. 10 Yet it pleased Jehovah to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of Jehovah shall prosper in his hand. 11 He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by the knowledge of himself shall my righteous servant justify many; and he shall bear their iniquities. 12 Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he poured out his soul unto death, and was numbered with the transgressors: yet he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.
Isaiah 52:13 - 53:13

This passage teaches

Messiah would be born of natural circumstances with no unusual characteristics.

Messiah's first coming would be marked with suffering.

Messiah's first coming would be rejected.

Messiah would undergo a legal trial and be condemned to death.

Messiah would be executed.

Messiah would be buried in a rich man's tomb.

Messiah would be resurrected.

All of the Messiahs suffering and death were to be substitutionary. He died so that we may have life. He died so that our sins could be removed from us. He died so that we may enter into a new relationship with God.

Messiah would bring justification to all who believe in Him.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

Jerry Shugart

All of the Messiahs suffering and death were to be substitutionary. He died so that we may have life. He died so that our sins could be removed from us. He died so that we may enter into a new relationship with God.

First of all, I do not see that in Peter's sermon on the day of Pentecost.

Secondly, the Apostles were aware of Isaiah 53 and they did not even know that the Lord Jesus was going to die until shortly before the Cross. So when you tire of making things up out of thin air then snap back into reality and face the truth--the gospel of grace was not preached on the day of Pentecost.

Interplanner

First of all, I do not see that in Peter's sermon on the day of Pentecost.

Secondly, the Apostles were aware of Isaiah 53 and they did not even know that the Lord Jesus was going to die until shortly before the Cross. So when you tire of making things up out of thin air then snap back into reality and face the truth--the gospel of grace was not preached on the day of Pentecost.

"Not knowing" is not accurate. They were in denial. Peter knew who he was and who Christ was but denied it 3x, anyway. That's what fickle humans do Jerry. This is not a theological question. It is a story with characters going through turmoil and conflict and risks.

They thought 'power' was to know exactly when Israel was going to be a civic kingdom again. It was not nor would ever be in the old covenant sense again. Instead they (apostels) would recieve power (authoritative realization) of the kingdom of Christ.

There are not two gospels going on.

They got their own ideas from hearing about forgiveness in Mk 2's 1st miracle which linked forgiveness and that sign, and they kept avoiding the subject of his death. See the Zebedee's mom for how out of touch people can get with this stuff.

That's why your 2P2P and Dallas theology makes no sense with what is in the accounts and in Acts 2. It creates an artificial situation about Christ's 'identity' instead of what is going on in the characters in the story.

SaulToPaul 2

"Not knowing" is not accurate. They were in denial. Peter knew who he was and who Christ was but denied it 3x, anyway. That's what fickle humans do Jerry. This is not a theological question. It is a story with characters going through turmoil and conflict and risks.

They thought 'power' was to know exactly when Israel was going to be a civic kingdom again. It was not nor would ever be in the old covenant sense again. Instead they (apostels) would recieve power (authoritative realization) of the kingdom of Christ.

There are not two gospels going on.

They got their own ideas from hearing about forgiveness in Mk 2's 1st miracle which linked forgiveness and that sign, and they kept avoiding the subject of his death. See the Zebedee's mom for how out of touch people can get with this stuff.

That's why your 2P2P and Dallas theology makes no sense with what is in the accounts and in Acts 2. It creates an artificial situation about Christ's 'identity' instead of what is going on in the characters in the story.

Straight out of his commentaries, not from the Holy Bible.
Rationalizations...