ECT The Gospel Preached at Pentecost

Danoh

If Interplayer is unsaved which he would be if he rejects the trinity then no matter how much pride, he can't answer theological truth because he can't discern theological truth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nope.

If the lost were unable to discern (understand) the Scripture, that they might then believe the Scripture: no one would get saved.

Romans 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. 10:14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher? 10:15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things! 10:16 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report? 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. 10:18 But I say, Have they not heard? Yes verily, their sound went into all the earth, and their words unto the ends of the world. 10:19 But I say, Did not Israel know? First Moses saith, I will provoke you to jealousy by them that are no people, and by a foolish nation I will anger you. 10:20 But Esaias is very bold, and saith, I was found of them that sought me not; I was made manifest unto them that asked not after me. 10:21 But to Israel he saith, All day long I have stretched forth my hands unto a disobedient and gainsaying people.

In refusing to believe what had so often been expounded unto them; Israel had blinded themselves to it; by it.

As a result; when the Lord finally showed up within their midst; Isaiah's lament and resulting prediction concerning Israel's stubborn unbelief in his day; was found still the case in the same stubborn practice of many, in Christ's day...

John 5:43 I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive. 5:44 How can ye believe, which receive honour one of another, and seek not the honour that cometh from God only? 5:45 Do not think that I will accuse you to the Father: there is one that accuseth you, even Moses, in whom ye trust. 5:46 For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me. 5:47 But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?

They were reading Moses, but refusing to actually believe Moses.

The result?

"Thy Word" - which had been meant to be "a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path" (Psalms 119:105) ended up a vail over their heart, due to their own refusal to believe said Word.

Fact is, that the lost remain lost for the same reason the saved can often remain confused and or ignorant on one thing or another - either's refusal to hear a thing out, when it is expounded unto them "because it just does not fit where" such an individual has come to to "look at things from."

And where such an individual tends to turn hostile when an error is pointed out them.

The various inner civil wars within MAD over the decades have been based on those two aspects - and still are...

Lasting and or later falsehoods within the various schools of theology: including within the various schools of Dispensationalism, are the result of both those kinds of issues.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
@dunnoh
The unregenerate man can understand the gospel. That's it.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
That's why you have thenon trins making valid arguments for grace salvation but little else.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
2cd6873427fca99ef8cf616871dbfa78.jpg

Interplanner

Would you please answer a simple question? Were the Apostles preaching that salvation comes as a result of the death of the Lord Jesus here?:

"Then he called his twelve disciples together, and gave them power and authority over all devils, and to cure diseases. And he sent them to preach the kingdom of God, and to heal the sick...And they departed, and went through the towns, preaching the gospel, and healing every where" (Lk.9:1-2,6).​

Yes, and they definitely had trouble absorbing that his death was part of it. The opening miracle of Mk 2 probably sent them off in a death-less direction, but Christ always meant his death.

Do not confuse a backfire for the disciples with what Christ said.

You will want to read #50. It appears you have not.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
IP, you can't deny the trinity and still be saved buddy. Try harder, evaluate yourself with a sober evaluation. God loves you and wants you to be saved yet you are not.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

Interplanner

IP, you can't deny the trinity and still be saved buddy. Try harder, evaluate yourself with a sober evaluation. God loves you and wants you to be saved yet you are not.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

you are a hoot. What is your problem?

I'm entirely trinitarian. I think you need to read #50 here (I restarted it as a thread as 'The disciples go blank on the death of Christ.')

Most of you are 2P2Ps who keep saying that others are not Christians or don't know the Bible, when what they actually mean is that the others MUST be 2P2P like them.

Jerry Shugart

Those who followed Yeshua were saved by grace thru faith in His claim to be the Jewish Messiah.

And that is the gospel which Peter preached on the day of Pentecost and belief in that gospel saved them. We have an uninterrupted sermon preached by Peter on the day of Pentecost beginning at Acts 2:14 and ending at Acts 2:36 and what is said in that sermon brought salvation to those who believed it. Peter used the facts of the death and resurrection of the Lord Jesus to prove the fact that he is the promised Messiah. Peter ended his sermon with the following words:

"Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made the same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ"
(Acts 2:36).​

Charles Ryrie, professor emeritus at Dallas Theological Seminary, says the following about the theme of Peter's sermon on the day of Pentecost:

"To us today it does not mean much to say that Jesus is Christ or Messiah. To a Jew of that day it was an assertion which required convincing proof, and it was the theme of Peter's sermon. Peter's proof is built along very simple lines. First he paints a picture of the Messiah from the Old Testament Scriptures. Then from contemporary facts he presents a picture of Jesus of Nazareth. Finally, he superimposes these two pictures on each other to prove conclusively that Jesus is Messiah" [emphasis added] (Ryrie, "The Significance of Passover," Bibliotheca Sacra, Oct. 1955, Vol.112, # 448, 335).​

Danoh

Looks like you'll be working for me in the kingdom/millennium
Hope you like hawaii

I'm fine where I'm at...

Ephesians 2:4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, 2:5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved; ) 2:6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus: 2:7 That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.

Colossians 3:1 If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God. 3:2 Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth. 3:3 For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God. 3:4 When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.

Try posting relevant Scripture, once in a Blue Hawaii moon sometime :D

Interplanner

Jerry wrote:
Peter used the facts of the death and resurrection of the Lord Jesus to prove the fact that he is the promised Messiah.

really. Jerry I am more confused at ever at your difficult position and distinctions. If you mean facts that have nothing to do with remission (paying for) sin, you are bonkers of course. Every thing in the OT points to that, even you fav Sunday School material on the prefiguring of Christ in the Levitical system. And then there's that strange guy in the Judean wilderness who spontaneously yells out to the whole crowd: Look! The sacrificial Lamb of God who takes away the debt of sin!

So I don't know where you are now.

the Ryrie quote is pretty weak, does not capture the drama. He's full of 2P2P of course; wrote the emeritus brainwashing chapter, 2P2P in DT.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
And that is the gospel which Peter preached on the day of Pentecost and belief in that gospel saved them. We have an uninterrupted sermon preached by Peter on the day of Pentecost beginning at Acts 2:14 and ending at Acts 2:36 and what is said in that sermon brought salvation to those who believed it. Peter used the facts of the death and resurrection of the Lord Jesus to prove the fact that he is the promised Messiah. Peter ended his sermon with the following words:

"Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made the same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ"
(Acts 2:36).​

Charles Ryrie, professor emeritus at Dallas Theological Seminary, says the following about the theme of Peter's sermon on the day of Pentecost:

"To us today it does not mean much to say that Jesus is Christ or Messiah. To a Jew of that day it was an assertion which required convincing proof, and it was the theme of Peter's sermon. Peter's proof is built along very simple lines. First he paints a picture of the Messiah from the Old Testament Scriptures. Then from contemporary facts he presents a picture of Jesus of Nazareth. Finally, he superimposes these two pictures on each other to prove conclusively that Jesus is Messiah" [emphasis added] (Ryrie, "The Significance of Passover," Bibliotheca Sacra, Oct. 1955, Vol.112, # 448, 335).​

“Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and the rest of the apostles, Brethren, what shall we do?
(HOW CAN WE GET SAVED)

And Peter said

unto them, Repent ye, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ

unto the remission of your sins; (BECAUSE OF THE CRUCIFIXION)

and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. (BECAUSE OF THE RESURRECTION)

For to you is the promise, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call unto him.

And with many other words he testified, and exhorted them, saying, Save yourselves from this crooked generation.”
(THE MATTHEW 12 GENERATION)

??Acts? ?2:37-40? ?ASV??
http://bible.com/12/act.2.37-40.asv

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
I'm fine where I'm at...

Ephesians 2:4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, 2:5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved; ) 2:6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus: 2:7 That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.

Colossians 3:1 If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God. 3:2 Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth. 3:3 For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God. 3:4 When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.

Try posting relevant Scripture, once in a Blue Hawaii moon sometime :D

“We speak wisdom, however, among them that are fullgrown: yet a wisdom not of this world, nor of the rulers of this world, who are coming to nought: but we speak God’s wisdom in a mystery, even the wisdom that hath been hidden, which God foreordained before the worlds unto our glory:

But unto us God revealed them through the Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God. For who among men knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of the man, which is in him? even so the things of God none knoweth, save the Spirit of God. But we received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is from God; that we might know the things that were freely given to us of God. Which things also we speak, not in words which man’s wisdom teacheth, but which the Spirit teacheth; combining spiritual things with spiritual words. Now the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him; and he cannot know them, because they are spiritually judged. But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, and he himself is judged of no man. For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he should instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.”
??1 Corinthians? ?2:6-7, 10-16? ?ASV??
http://bible.com/12/1co.2.6-7,10-16.asv

Interplanner

“Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and the rest of the apostles, Brethren, what shall we do?
(HOW CAN WE GET SAVED)

And Peter said

unto them, Repent ye, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ

unto the remission of your sins; (BECAUSE OF THE CRUCIFIXION)

and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. (BECAUSE OF THE RESURRECTION)

For to you is the promise, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call unto him.

And with many other words he testified, and exhorted them, saying, Save yourselves from this crooked generation.”
(THE MATTHEW 12 GENERATION)

??Acts? ?2:37-40? ?ASV??
http://bible.com/12/act.2.37-40.asv

Good points, Into. He has been brainwashed by 2P2P not to see these things, so that people will pay Ryrie thousands to come and learn how to not see them.

You need to ask a person (me) more questions, though, before you declare them non-Christian and non-triune.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Jerry baby,
Since Luke (a Jew) connects the theme "remission of sins" twice now, let's go back and look at what scriptures did Jesus "open their eyes" to know of His sacrificial death, burial and resurrection. If it can be shown that the Old Testament taught that Messiah would be put to death for the sin of Adam then Pete who was there when Jesus instructed him to wait for the Spirit woulda known the gospel.

Danoh

“We speak wisdom, however, among them that are fullgrown: yet a wisdom not of this world, nor of the rulers of this world, who are coming to nought: but we speak God’s wisdom in a mystery, even the wisdom that hath been hidden, which God foreordained before the worlds unto our glory:

But unto us God revealed them through the Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God. For who among men knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of the man, which is in him? even so the things of God none knoweth, save the Spirit of God. But we received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is from God; that we might know the things that were freely given to us of God. Which things also we speak, not in words which man’s wisdom teacheth, but which the Spirit teacheth; combining spiritual things with spiritual words. Now the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him; and he cannot know them, because they are spiritually judged. But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, and he himself is judged of no man. For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he should instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.”
??1 Corinthians? ?2:6-7, 10-16? ?ASV??
http://bible.com/12/1co.2.6-7,10-16.asv

You have proven nothing.

None of that upholds the first assertion you hurled at me...

Let alone your Blue Hawaii notions...

Interplanner

Jerry baby,
Since Luke (a Jew) connects the theme "remission of sins" twice now, let's go back and look at what scriptures did Jesus "open their eyes" to know of His sacrificial death, burial and resurrection. If it can be shown that the Old Testament taught that Messiah would be put to death for the sin of Adam then Pete who was there when Jesus instructed him to wait for the Spirit woulda known the gospel.

Righto, Into. 2P2P is brainwashing to get people to pay ryrie for more brainwashing.

I'm quite sure, though, that the disciples went through classic stages of denial resulting in the verbal triple denial by Peter, and the pointless question of Acts 1:8. It takes a while to shake it. It was scolded and corrected to the power of the Spirit bringing God's reign to earth.