The Gospel of the Kingdom and the plot twist.

Hoping

Banned
That isn't what Peter said right there. I see nothing has changed here. This is what Tucker Carlson came to realize, debate is pointless, as their motivation isn't to get to the truth, it is to deceive.
What do you think Peter said?
"And when there had been much disputing, Peter rose up, and said unto them, Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe.
8 And God, which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Ghost, even as he did unto us;
9 And put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith.
10 Now therefore why tempt ye God, to put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples, which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?
11 But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they." (Acts 15:7-11)
That isn't what Peter said right there. I see nothing has changed here. This is what Tucker Carlson came to realize, debate is pointless, as their motivation isn't to get to the truth, it is to deceive.
Acts 10, although a long discussion with Paul was probably good. As Luke records Peter was thinking about what it meant.
I see no mention of Paul in Acts 10. ?
Acts 10, although a long discussion with Paul was probably good. As Luke records Peter was thinking about what it meant.
Care to elaborate?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The one church founded on the fact that Jesus was the Son of God.
Right here you claim there was one church founded. I already pointed that out, you are building a strawman. There was a change that I showed. I showed Peter's church, shall be saved, that is future tense, as the gentiles are, that is present tense.
Interesting.
Division without division. LOL
Take it up with God, although he will say to you "I never knew you"
I see no mention of Paul in Acts 10. ?
I didn't say Paul was in Acts 10. The revelation to the leader of the circumcision is in Acts 10. I already put it up and if you didn't understand why didn't you ask? Are you a Roman Catholic? "Pentecostal"?

Right Divider

Body part
Right here you claim there was one church founded. I already pointed that out, you are building a strawman. There was a change that I showed. I showed Peter's church, shall be saved, that is future tense, as the gentiles are, that is present tense.
Peter reinforces that future salvation here:

1Pet 1:5 (AKJV/PCE)
(1:5) Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

Hoping

Banned
Jesus suffered and died so the Gentiles and the Jews could be one in Him.
Eph 2:13-4..."But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.
14 For he is our peace, who hath made both, (Gentile and Jew), one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;"
If you want to view it as two churches, fine, as long as you love them as you love yourself.
Jews and Gentile believers have the same God and the same Savior.
Take it up with God, although he will say to you "I never knew you"
I. like you, have ceased from iniquity, so thanks be to God I will never hear those words.
I didn't say Paul was in Acts 10. The revelation to the leader of the circumcision is in Acts 10. I already put it up and if you didn't understand why didn't you ask? Are you a Roman Catholic? "Pentecostal"?
Apparently we are having a miscommunication here.
I am a Christian of the Church By Christ Jesus (Eph 3:21)

How about trying to make your point, again.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The point is 2 NT churches exist in scripture, and one is not saved. Do not use their doctrine. Israel shall be saved in the future as a nation.

Let me tell you about the playbook of the devil. I have already seen it. Mix truths with lies, for the purpose of discrediting the truth. Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the Lord God had made.

Even Ray Comfort has come on board, but like others uses some things not written to us. He publicly repented of this false gospel "Ask Jesus into your heart", claiming the sinner's prayer plus maintaining a good relationship, then he will save you. And you can lose that salvation. It is prevalent in the religion of Christianity. In fact Ray preaches an exchanged life and uses the 10 commandments correctly, to prove sin.

Last edited:

Right Divider

Body part
Jesus suffered and died so the Gentiles and the Jews could be one in Him.
Eph 2:13-4..."But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.
14 For he is our peace, who hath made both, (Gentile and Jew), one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;"
These things were revealed to and through Paul and his epistles.
Jesus came to "His own" per scripture.
If you want to view it as two churches, fine, as long as you love them as you love yourself.
Jews and Gentile believers have the same God and the same Savior.
Same God and same Savior does not mean that God cannot run two different programs.
I. like you, have ceased from iniquity, so thanks be to God I will never hear those words.
Again, you show yourself to be unsaved... since you think that what you don't do will save you.

Hoping

Banned
These things were revealed to and through Paul and his epistles.
Yes, as it was Paul's letter that I cited.
Peter already knew, thanks to the vision he received before visiting Cornelius.
Jesus came to "His own" per scripture.
But don't overlook that He also "came to" the Syrophoenician woman and the Roman centurion.
Same God and same Savior does not mean that God cannot run two different programs.
Or that one can branch off of the other.
Again, you show yourself to be unsaved... since you think that what you don't do will save you.
Why?
Because I consider believing Jews as my brothers in Christ?
Because I won't kill or steal or commit adultery because God said not to?
I think very few will be damned for obeying God.

Right Divider

Body part
Yes, as it was Paul's letter that I cited.
Of course you did... that's the only place that it's found.
Peter already knew, thanks to the vision he received before visiting Cornelius.
Nope... you are blinded by confirmation bias.
But don't overlook that He also "came to" the Syrophoenician woman and the Roman centurion.
Under completely different circumstances and conditions.
Don't forget what Jesus said and what Paul confirmed.

Matt 15:24 (AKJV/PCE)
(15:24) But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

Rom 15:8 (AKJV/PCE)
(15:8) Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises [made] unto the fathers:

Or that one can branch off of the other.
No clue what your confusion is trying to say.
Why?
Because I consider believing Jews as my brothers in Christ?
Because I won't kill or steal or commit adultery because God said not to?
I think very few will be damned for obeying God.
You are clueless as usual. If you really want to know how to be saved, just ask and we will tell you.

Last edited:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Why was Peter given that vision? The Holy Spirit spoke and operated through him.
I'll wait.

1But a certain man named Ananias, with Sapphira his wife, sold a possession. 2 And he kept back part of the proceeds, his wife also being aware of it, and brought a certain part and laid it at the apostles’ feet. 3 But Peter said, “Ananias, why has Satan filled your heart to lie to the Holy Spirit and keep back part of the price of the land for yourself? 4 While it remained, was it not your own? And after it was sold, was it not in your own control? Why have you conceived this thing in your heart? You have not lied to men but to God.”

5 Then Ananias, hearing these words, fell down and breathed his last.

Peter would have no problem saying this was God in him. Peter did not execute them, the Holy Spirit did for blasphemy, which was not and still not forgiven when done to the Holy Spirit. There shall be no remission of that sin. But that is a tangent on the dispensation of grace. So, why did Peter need to be shown what he was shown in Acts 10?

Hoping

Banned
Why was Peter given that vision? The Holy Spirit spoke and operated through him.
Was that your answer to your own rhetorical question ?
Or was that the reason you wondered why that in spite of having the gift of the Holy Ghost, God additionally gave Peter the vision ?
God gave Peter the vision so He could send him to the Gentiles without the fear that it would offend God according to the Law.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
God gave Peter the vision so He could send him to the Gentiles without the fear that it would offend God according to the Law.

Except that, as far as the Bible is concerned, Peter, for the most part, did NOT, in fact, go to the Gentiles, because he was never sent to the Gentiles by God. He stayed mostly in Jerusalem, with the other eleven Apostles, as per their agreement with Paul.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Was that your answer to your own rhetorical question ?
It's not rhetorical. Peter had all knowledge that was for his mission, yet had to be given new information, contrary to the scriptures and his teachings.

5 These twelve Jesus sent out and commanded them, saying: “Do not go into the way of the Gentiles, and do not enter a city of the Samaritans. 6 But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. 7 And as you go, preach, saying, ‘The kingdom of heaven is at hand

11 and saw heaven opened and an object like a great sheet bound at the four corners, descending to him and let down to the earth. 12 In it were all kinds of four-footed animals of the earth, wild beasts, creeping things, and birds of the air. 13 And a voice came to him, “Rise, Peter; kill and eat.”

14 But Peter said, “Not so, Lord! For I have never eaten anything common or unclean.

15 And a voice spoke to him again the second time, “What God has cleansed you must not call common.”

Why? The answer is right there in the text. Your avoiding it tells us, because you are false and a demon possessed pervert, mixing truth with lies, to discredit the truth. Like democrats sending misleading emails, so they can debunk what they said in the first place.

Right Divider

Body part
Most of Churchianity (that is the name that I use for most of Christianity that follows certain myths and is unable to rightly divide) believes that Jesus sent the twelve to all people indiscriminately at the "great commission". But that is not true, as the scripture says the following:

John 20:21 (AKJV/PCE)
(20:21) Then said Jesus to them again, Peace [be] unto you: as [my] Father hath sent me, even so send I you.

So we see that Jesus sent them in the same way that His Father sent Him... i.e., to the people of Israel.

Matt 15:24 (AKJV/PCE)
(15:24) But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

Paul confirms this mission here:

Rom 15:8 (AKJV/PCE)
(15:8) Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises [made] unto the fathers:

Last edited:

Hoping

Banned
Except that, as far as the Bible is concerned, Peter, for the most part, did NOT, in fact, go to the Gentiles, because he was never sent to the Gentiles by God. He stayed mostly in Jerusalem, with the other eleven Apostles, as per their agreement with Paul.
Peter and the rest of the apostles were told..."And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem." (Luke 24:47)
And..."And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature." (Mark 16:15)
And..."Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:" (Matt 28:19)
I don't agree with your POV.

Hoping

Banned
It's not rhetorical. Peter had all knowledge that was for his mission, yet had to be given new information, contrary to the scriptures and his teachings.
More information contrary to the OT Law, for sure.
5 These twelve Jesus sent out and commanded them, saying: “Do not go into the way of the Gentiles, and do not enter a city of the Samaritans. 6 But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. 7 And as you go, preach, saying, ‘The kingdom of heaven is at hand
11 and saw heaven opened and an object like a great sheet bound at the four corners, descending to him and let down to the earth. 12 In it were all kinds of four-footed animals of the earth, wild beasts, creeping things, and birds of the air. 13 And a voice came to him, “Rise, Peter; kill and eat.”
14 But Peter said, “Not so, Lord! For I have never eaten anything common or unclean.
15 And a voice spoke to him again the second time, “What God has cleansed you must not call common.”

Why? The answer is right there in the text.
You do realize, I hope, that things changed after the death and resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Though Jesus was initially sent only to Israel, things changed dramatically between Matt 10:5's commandment and His resurrection.
Even while Jesus walked on earth He helped a Roman and a Greek Syrophoenician.
One of His apostles was a Canaanite.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Peter and the rest of the apostles were told..."And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem." (Luke 24:47)
And..."And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature." (Mark 16:15)
And..."Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:" (Matt 28:19)
I don't agree with your POV.

Yes, that was BEFORE the Jerusalem Council, BEFORE what Paul recorded in Galatians 2:7-9.

Your disagreement is not with me, but with Scripture.

Hoping

Banned
Yes, that was BEFORE the Jerusalem Council, BEFORE what Paul recorded in Galatians 2:7-9.

Your disagreement is not with me, but with Scripture.
I don't understand how anyone could use the Jerusalem council to insist the original 12a apostles never spoke to Gentiles again, despite Jesus' commands to do just that.
Especially after knowing that most were killed in foreign lands.