The gospel according to Jim Carrey

Bard_the_Bowman

That is slick...I asserted:

"Show some respect-it is the Lord Jesus Christ. Only his enemies, while he walked the earth, addressed him in his name of humiliation. Master, teacher, Rabbi....yes. "Jesus?" No."

That is, addressed him, on earth, as in "face to face." Luke is using the term "Jesus," as in "just the historical Jesus."

Clueless.

I agree. Clueless.

You chastise me for not showing respect by referring to Jesus as Jesus and not the Lord Jesus Christ or something. And yet you contradict your own completely made-up out of thin air idea by saying you were referring to when he was walking the earth and "face-to-face".

Well, Jesus isn't walking the earth right now and we don't see Him face to face so calling Him Jesus should be just fine. Right?

Nice try at back-pedaling but failed miserably.

You are clearly just making things up as you go.

There isn't even any way you can possibly know that "only His enemies called Him Jesus". That is completely made up.

Historic/documentation-his name. Not addressing him.

Well, that is weird. I wasn't addressing Jesus in my post and you jumped my case because it wasn't showing enough respect.

You are full of contradiction and speak out of both sides of your mouth.

Common name-humiliation.

Oh baloney. You are making that up. Whatever makes you happy, man.

You missed it-you assert that all of what the Bible says, is addressed to everyone, is about them, specifically, and is for their obedience.

Really? Where did I say that? You mean because I quoted the words of Jesus where He said " Then Jesus said to His disciples, “If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me." ?

That means that all of what the Bible says is addressed for everyone?

I never said that, dude. You are now putting words in my mouth.

Not that it matters but I will not return to this conversation.

You just make up too much stuff out of thin air.

You just make things up as you go.

john w

Hall of Fame
I agree. Clueless.

You chastise me for not showing respect by referring to Jesus as Jesus and not the Lord Jesus Christ or something. And yet you contradict your own completely made-up out of thin air idea by saying you were referring to when he was walking the earth and "face-to-face".

Well, Jesus isn't walking the earth right now and we don't see Him face to face so calling Him Jesus should be just fine. Right?

Deception. Spin.

Show some respect-it is the Lord Jesus Christ. Only his enemies, while he walked the earth, addressed him in his name of humiliation. Master, teacher, Rabbi....yes. "Jesus?" No."

That is, addressed him, on earth, as in "face to face." Luke is using the term "Jesus," as in "just the historical Jesus."

Nice try at back-pedaling but failed miserably.

Nice cliche, loser, fraud.

You are clearly just making things up as you go.

Quit imitating me, fraud-you don't have my clout.Your father the devil, the great imitator, is teaching you imitation.

There isn't even any way you can possibly know that "only His enemies called Him Jesus". That is completely made up.

Made up. Show where any of the 12, while he walked the earth, ever referred to him as "Jesus," you biblical illiterate.

You are full of contradiction and speak out of both sides of your mouth.

More psycho babble. Weighty.

Oh baloney. You are making that up. Whatever makes you happy, man.

More stock cliches.

Really? Where did I say that? You mean because I quoted the words of Jesus where He said " Then Jesus said to His disciples, “If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me." ?

That means that all of what the Bible says is addressed for everyone?

I never said that, dude. You are now putting words in my mouth.

Yes, you did argue that, deceiver.

Not that it matters but I will not return to this conversation.

Yes, you will..
You just make up too much stuff out of thin air.

You just make things up as you go.

Made up. You assert that you "listen to...follow Jesus."

Are you suggesting because Jesus was talking to His disciples He meant that only for them and not for us?....Oh boy. Another "we must listen to Paul but not to Jesus" thing again.No thank you!

Fine.Sell all you have.Raise the dead. Pick up deadly serpents. Drink anti-freeze............

"listen to Jesus."

Fine.Make the blind sea.....Heal the sick....Show yourself to a Levitical priest, and offer the gift that Moses commanded....

Fraud.

glassjester

Poor you-2 Cor. 4:4 KJV-historical record.....Pay attention...

So where does it say that Christ must not be referred to as "Jesus" ?

Philippians 2:10 - that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth,

Even the name "Jesus" commands reverence, does it not? So it cannot be irreverent to say.

john w

Hall of Fame

Philippians 2:10 - that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth,

Even the name "Jesus" commands reverence, does it not? So it cannot be irreverent to say.

What a mess....The point Paul was making in this passage? This same "Jesus," in his state of humiliation, "at the name of Jesus," where formerly, he was rejected, despised on earth, while he walked, ridiculed, thought of as "insane," spitefully treated, by most, will be acknowledged, in the future, as the Lord God, in the flesh-this same person, who was addressed with "common- ality" as "Jesus," a common name, will be addressed with respect, and every knee will bow, either willingly, or by force, to this same "Jesus" who was treated with disdain on earth, by most.

Thus.....quote the entirety...

7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:

8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:

10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;

11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

You're not in my league, Catholic, so please take your seat, until I decide to recognize you again. Dig? Good.

glassjester

will be addressed with respect, and every knee will bow, either willingly, or by force, to this same "Jesus" who was treated with disdain on earth, by most.

And to what name shall every knee bow?

Paul did not say "every knee shall bow to the God-man formerly known as Jesus."

What name?

john w

Hall of Fame

Only his enemies referred/addressed him, while he walked the earth, as "Jesus." The 12-Master, Lord, Rabbi....never "Jesus."

Members of the boc(which excludes you, Catholic), rightfully, with respect, refer to each other, as "saints," and yet do not accord the Saviour the same respect.

It is the Lord Jesus Christ-show some respect.

But then again, you despise Him, Catholic, treat Him with disrespect.

glassjester

Only his enemies referred/addressed him, while he walked the earth, as "Jesus." The 12-Master, Lord, Rabbi....never "Jesus."

And what about after the ascension? How was He referred to then?

And you didn't answer - at what name shall every knee bow?

john w

Hall of Fame
And to what name shall every knee bow?

Paul did not say "every knee shall bow to the God-man formerly known as Jesus."

What name?
Clueless-misssing Pau's point, as you delete verses 7-11; but then again, all Catholics, such as yourself, hate the bible.

Read it, troll...

10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;

11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

The point Paul was making in this passage? This same "Jesus," in his state of humiliation, "at the name of Jesus," where formerly, he was rejected, despised on earth, while he walked, ridiculed, thought of as "insane," spitefully treated, by most, will be acknowledged, in the future, as the Lord God, in the flesh-this same person, who was addressed with "common- ality" as "Jesus," a common name, will be addressed with respect, and every knee will bow, either willingly, or by force, to this same "Jesus" who was treated with disdain on earth, by most.

Thus.....quote the entirety...

7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:

8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:

john w

Hall of Fame
Despisers, such as yourself-"evil spirit"....

Acts 19:15 KJV And the evil spirit answered and said, Jesus I know, and Paul I know; but who are ye?

glassjester

Despisers, such as yourself-"evil spirit"....

Acts 19:15 KJV And the evil spirit answered and said, Jesus I know, and Paul I know; but who are ye?

And Paul refers to Jesus as "Jesus" numerous times. Is Paul, too, an evil spirit, a despiser of Christ?

Romans 3:26, Romans 8:11, 2 Corinthians 4:10, 1 Thessalonians 1:10, 1 Thessalonians 4:14

john w

Hall of Fame
So you're gonna stop calling paul "paul" now, right?

Translation: You assert Paul is God.

Sober up.

Further evidence-you-"paul"=small case

Delay Happy Hour until after you've "posted"(loosely held hear).

you are dismissed, Col. Klink.

john w

Hall of Fame
And Paul refers to Jesus as "Jesus" numerous times. Is Paul, too, an evil spirit, a despiser of Christ?

Romans 3:26, Romans 8:11, 2 Corinthians 4:10, 1 Thessalonians 1:10, 1 Thessalonians 4:14

Answered previously as to the context as to why Paul referred to him as "Jesus." Now-sit. Pay attention to my brilliant posts, over the years.