The God of Calvinism Verses the God of the Bible

Robert Pate

Banned
Of course Calvinist will say that they are one of the same, but are they?

If we are to believe in the God of the Bible then we must believe what the God of the Bible says, that is, unless you believe that the God of the Bible is saying some things that are not true or that the God of the Bible is full of errors and mistakes. If this is what you believe about the God of the Bible then you would do well to throw your Bible in the trash.

Calvinist are on the threshold of throwing their Bibles in the trash. It appears to me that some have already done so. Not only have they done so, but they have written a supplement to the Bible called "The Cannons of Dort" that was composed by the Synod of Dordrecht on May 9th 1619. In the very first head of article one they say, "God would have done no injustice by leaving all to perish in their sins". When I read that my big red theological flag started to wave. They want us to believe that God would have been just if he would have allowed everyone to go to hell because of their sins. This is not what the God of the Bible says, nor would God have been just to allow all to perish in their sins.

Man is a sinner without works. We are all born into sin, "Wherefore as by one man sin entered the world and death by sin and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned" Romans 5:12. We don't become sinners, we are born sinners. Just as we have are sinners without works, so shall we be saved without works. If God had not provided a savior for fallen man he would have been unjust, but thanks be unto God that he did. The God of the Bible is just, merciful, longsuffering and is not willing that any should perish, 2 Peter 3:9.

The whole premise of Calvinism is built on the belief that God is unjust. It is not possible to believe in Calvinism if you do not believe that God is unjust. How can a God that condemns billions to hell before they are born be just? He can't. Calvinist just seem to except this because this is what they believe. There are terrible consequences to believing that God is unjust. If God is unjust that means that God is a sinner just like us. If God is an unjust sinner who can love and trust him? Try no one. It is not humanly possible to love and have faith in the God of Calvinism.

There are literally hundreds of scriptures in the Bible that refute Calvinism. This does not seem to have any bearing upon what the Calvinist believes. The Bible is not the final word in Calvinism. If you think that you can refute Calvinism with scripture, think again. This is not unusual with false religions or cults. The reason is that they don't have faith in God, nor do they have faith in his book. If you don't have faith in God or his word then you are open to anything.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Luther was never able to get out of Rom. Chap 1.

Calvin answers serious questions. Free will cannot.

Why did Paul say this below if it was entirely up to Gods choosing only that any man be saved??

Rom 9:1 I say the truth in Christ, I lie not, my conscience also bearing me witness in the Holy Ghost,
Rom 9:2 That I have great heaviness and continual sorrow in my heart.
Rom 9:3 For I could wish that myself were accursed from Christ for my brethren, my kinsmen according to the flesh:

1Co 10:33 Even as I please all men in all things, not seeking mine own profit, but the profit of many, that they may be saved.

Are you suggesting that it is not Gods will that all men be saved?

1Ti 2:3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;
1Ti 2:4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

Is it Gods will that there be reprobates just because there are such?

2Co 13:5 Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

So Calvinism claims it is Gods will alone that any man perish in the lake of fire.

Is God a torturer?

LA

beloved57

Of course Calvinist will say that they are one of the same, but are they?

If we are to believe in the God of the Bible then we must believe what the God of the Bible says, that is, unless you believe that the God of the Bible is saying some things that are not true or that the God of the Bible is full of errors and mistakes. If this is what you believe about the God of the Bible then you would do well to throw your Bible in the trash.

Calvinist are on the threshold of throwing their Bibles in the trash. It appears to me that some have already done so. Not only have they done so, but they have written a supplement to the Bible called "The Cannons of Dort" that was composed by the Synod of Dordrecht on May 9th 1619. In the very first head of article one they say, "God would have done no injustice by leaving all to perish in their sins". When I read that my big red theological flag started to wave. They want us to believe that God would have been just if he would have allowed everyone to go to hell because of their sins. This is not what the God of the Bible says, nor would God have been just to allow all to perish in their sins.

Man is a sinner without works. We are all born into sin, "Wherefore as by one man sin entered the world and death by sin and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned" Romans 5:12. We don't become sinners, we are born sinners. Just as we have are sinners without works, so shall we be saved without works. If God had not provided a savior for fallen man he would have been unjust, but thanks be unto God that he did. The God of the Bible is just, merciful, longsuffering and is not willing that any should perish, 2 Peter 3:9.

The whole premise of Calvinism is built on the belief that God is unjust. It is not possible to believe in Calvinism if you do not believe that God is unjust. How can a God that condemns billions to hell before they are born be just? He can't. Calvinist just seem to except this because this is what they believe. There are terrible consequences to believing that God is unjust. If God is unjust that means that God is a sinner just like us. If God is an unjust sinner who can love and trust him? Try no one. It is not humanly possible to love and have faith in the God of Calvinism.

There are literally hundreds of scriptures in the Bible that refute Calvinism. This does not seem to have any bearing upon what the Calvinist believes. The Bible is not the final word in Calvinism. If you think that you can refute Calvinism with scripture, think again. This is not unusual with false religions or cults. The reason is that they don't have faith in God, nor do they have faith in his book. If you don't have faith in God or his word then you are open to anything.

You dont believe that Jesus Christ Blood saved them He died for. Thats unbelief ! Those Christ died for and Loved, He washed them from their sins in His Own Blood Rev 1:5

And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,

Robert Pate

Banned
You dont believe that Jesus Christ Blood saved them He died for. Thats unbelief ! Those Christ died for and Loved, He washed them from their sins in His Own Blood Rev 1:5

And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,

You pick and choose scriptures that you think supports your false Calvinist God, while ignoring dozens of others that don't.

Artur Axmann

Why did Paul say this below if it was entirely up to Gods choosing only that any man be saved??

Rom 9:1 I say the truth in Christ, I lie not, my conscience also bearing me witness in the Holy Ghost,
Rom 9:2 That I have great heaviness and continual sorrow in my heart.
Rom 9:3 For I could wish that myself were accursed from Christ for my brethren, my kinsmen according to the flesh:

1Co 10:33 Even as I please all men in all things, not seeking mine own profit, but the profit of many, that they may be saved.

Are you suggesting that it is not Gods will that all men be saved?

1Ti 2:3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;
1Ti 2:4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

Is it Gods will that there be reprobates just because there are such?

2Co 13:5 Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

So Calvinism claims it is Gods will alone that any man perish in the lake of fire.

Is God a torturer?

LA
you're not really thinking it out.

you're not thinking at all.

I'm not saying Calvin has all the answers but he does answer quite a few.

Why do some reject the Gospel? And some others do not?

try answering; if you have difficulty ,ask any adult.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
you're not really thinking it out.

you're not thinking at all.

I'm not saying Calvin has all the answers but he does answer quite a few.

Why do some reject the Gospel? And some others do not?

try answering; if you have difficulty ,ask any adult.

The reason why some men are saved and others not is that the world is a mission field in which men plant seed and it is required that they are planted in good soil, receive watering, and loving care to keep them from the evil desirous of destroying them in one way or other.

In other words if YOU do not do any work in this life to produce any fruit then you do not know God nor do you have any future reward in the Kingdom of God.

Calvinism is designed to keep you out of the Kingdom of God and fruitless, because it requires nothing of your faith.

You think God does everything so when it is not done them you blame God by suggesting that He did not want to do anything, except save a worthless creature like yourself, which in the end He will not because you believed Calvin and not Christ.

Mat 25:22 He also that had received two talents came and said, Lord, thou deliveredst unto me two talents: behold, I have gained two other talents beside them.
Mat 25:23 His lord said unto him, Well done, good and faithful servant; thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.
Mat 25:24 Then he which had received the one talent came and said, Lord, I knew thee that thou art an hard man, reaping where thou hast not sown, and gathering where thou hast not strawed:
Mat 25:25 And I was afraid, and went and hid thy talent in the earth: lo, there thou hast that is thine.
Mat 25:26 His lord answered and said unto him, Thou wicked and slothful servant, thou knewest that I reap where I sowed not, and gather where I have not strawed:
Mat 25:27 Thou oughtest therefore to have put my money to the exchangers, and then at my coming I should have received mine own with usury.
Mat 25:28 Take therefore the talent from him, and give it unto him which hath ten talents.
Mat 25:29 For unto every one that hath shall be given, and he shall have abundance: but from him that hath not shall be taken away even that which he hath.
Mat 25:30 And cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

LA

Robert Pate

Banned
The reason why some men are saved and others not is that the world is a mission field in which men plant seed and it is required that they are planted in good soil, receive watering, and loving care to keep them from the evil desirous of destroying them in one way or other.

In other words if YOU do not do any work in this life to produce any fruit then you do not know God nor do you have any future reward in the Kingdom of God.

Calvinism is designed to keep you out of the Kingdom of God and fruitless, because it requires nothing of your faith.

You think God does everything so when it is not done them you blame God by suggesting that He did not want to do anything, except save a worthless creature like yourself, which in the end He will not because you believed Calvin and not Christ.

Mat 25:22 He also that had received two talents came and said, Lord, thou deliveredst unto me two talents: behold, I have gained two other talents beside them.
Mat 25:23 His lord said unto him, Well done, good and faithful servant; thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.
Mat 25:24 Then he which had received the one talent came and said, Lord, I knew thee that thou art an hard man, reaping where thou hast not sown, and gathering where thou hast not strawed:
Mat 25:25 And I was afraid, and went and hid thy talent in the earth: lo, there thou hast that is thine.
Mat 25:26 His lord answered and said unto him, Thou wicked and slothful servant, thou knewest that I reap where I sowed not, and gather where I have not strawed:
Mat 25:27 Thou oughtest therefore to have put my money to the exchangers, and then at my coming I should have received mine own with usury.
Mat 25:28 Take therefore the talent from him, and give it unto him which hath ten talents.
Mat 25:29 For unto every one that hath shall be given, and he shall have abundance: but from him that hath not shall be taken away even that which he hath.
Mat 25:30 And cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

LA

Good article. The reason that Calvinism is a fruitless religion is because it is void of the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is only given to those that hear and believe the Gospel, Galatians 3:2. They don't believe that Jesus atoned for the sins of the whole world, which is the foundation of the Gospel. No Gospel, no faith, no Holy Spirit, no good works. Plain and simple.

beloved57

Good article. The reason that Calvinism is a fruitless religion is because it is void of the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is only given to those that hear and believe the Gospel, Galatians 3:2. They don't believe that Jesus atoned for the sins of the whole world, which is the foundation of the Gospel. No Gospel, no faith, no Holy Spirit, no good works. Plain and simple.
Did the Holy Spirit tell you that sinners Christ died for and redeemed with His Blood are still lost ?

Artur Axmann

Again , a lack of intellect. The salvation plan has always been problematic not just for christians but others as well. By the time the 50s rolled around and given the hysteria over the holocaust ,the churches had to find away to include all the primitive savages in God's plan of redemption.

The urgency extended to even THE CHOSEN being somehow included but it was left to the Catholics and their ridiculous and politically motivated magistereum to invent the idea they call: Invincible ignorance ;which is designed to include even the chosen poison into God's plan of salvation.

you get what you pay for.