The genesis of the Vaccine misinformation

Gary K

Banned
Another point: These people that pushed this stuff in the beginning were hostile to Christians. Christians didn't start this stuff. That is why I distrust it.
Hmmm. Other than all the fraud involved the other reason I have for objecting to this entire coronavirus/"vaccine" controversy is the principles of Christianity that the medical establishment, politicians, and big pharma people pushing this violate on a daily basis. Coercion and dishonesty are the principles of the devil's kingdom, not God's kingdom.

Therefore I am highly suspicious of anything and anybody who constantly uses those tools. A mandate is coercion. Being in a government position that carries with it a known authority and the ability to wield great influence while setting policies that make a person tens, if not hundreds, of millions of dollars is flat out dishonest. Anyone who trusts what Fauci says is believing someone who has so much conflict of interest that it's impossible to separate his financial interests from who he is. Plus he has a long history of dishonest behavior.

Gary K

Banned
I am a leftover from Knight's leadership on this site. Knight didn't like much of psychology, and I agree with him on that point. But he also didn't like much of the conspiracy theory material. When he came to medical stuff he was a pretty conventional guy. Clete is also part of the original old guard, and he shares my views on this topic.
So you agree with Knight and Clete. Does agreeing with them guarantee that you're correct? Starting or being an early member of a forum has no relationship to being infallible. In fact you're using a logical fallacy to use that claim as evidence that your beliefs are correct.

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I am a leftover from Knight's leadership on this site. Knight didn't like much of psychology, and I agree with him on that point. But he also didn't like much of the conspiracy theory material. When he came to medical stuff he was a pretty conventional guy. Clete is also part of the original old guard, and he shares my views on this topic.
I'm a rather conventional medical guy myself. The problem is that these vaccines are just not delivering what they promised so much so that they should be abandoned. Thus, they are not the way out of this pandemic.

marke

Another point: These people that pushed this stuff in the beginning were hostile to Christians. Christians didn't start this stuff. That is why I distrust it.
Public officials are still finding out things about covid and covid vaccines that surprise them. Not only that but some of what vaccine opponents have been saying is also being proven true, although probably not everything. It is much too early to tell how effective or ineffective the covid vaccines are going to be over time and it is definitely too early to tell what long-term negative health impacts the vaccines are going to turn out to have.

Look at what happened in India with Bill Gates-sponsored WHO vaccines:

In 2009, the Gates Foundation funded tests of experimental HPV vaccines, developed by Glaxo Smith Kline (GSK) and Merck, on 23,000 young girls in remote Indian provinces. Approximately 1,200 suffered severe side effects, including autoimmune and fertility disorders. Seven died. Indian government investigations charged that Gates-funded researchers committed pervasive ethical violations: pressuring vulnerable village girls into the trial, bullying parents, forging consent forms, and refusing medical care to the injured girls. The case is now in the country’s Supreme Court.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
In short, the vaccine conspiracy theories were birthed by mostly people that were not American. Most of them are not Christian and are hostile to Christians. I believe they want to see the American experiment fail. And it's working.
Do you agree with me when I say that the covid disinformation that is touted by various members of this forum could actually get people killed?

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Do you agree with me when I say that the covid disinformation that is touted by various members of this forum could actually get people killed?
This kind of misinformation has already caused people in my immediate circle of friends to go against the advice of doctors and they contracted Covid. One of them passed away from the virus when it destroyed his lungs. Another has given up. She will likely die.

I want to clarify this is misinformation about the Covid vaccines. Mrna therapy is not new. It has been used against cancer for a while.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Once this information becomes entrenched in a person's mind, it is difficult to convince him otherwise. I wouldn't be so hard on a person passionate about it. They are a victim of the misinformation mills flooding the internet with this stuff.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
Once this information becomes entrenched in a person's mind, it is difficult to convince him otherwise. I wouldn't be so hard on a person passionate about it. They are a victim of the misinformation mills flooding the internet with this stuff.
They're victims but they're also victimizers. That needs to be dealt with in no uncertain terms.

marke

Let me offer some advice to counter the bad advice that could get people killed. If you are young and healthy do not take the vaccine. Your chance of getting covid is minimal and your chance of dying from covid is practically non-existent. However, your chance of getting really sick or dying from the vaccine is greater by far than your risk from covid, so don't take it.

marke

If you are young and do not get the vaccine or practice safe social interactions, you have a greater chance of infecting someone who infects someone who will die because of it.
Vaccinated individuals can and do infect others with covid, especially if they contract covid after being vaccinated against covid.

Now, evidence suggests that about one in five infected people will experience no symptoms, and they will transmit the virus to significantly fewer people than someone with symptoms. But researchers are divided about whether asymptomatic infections are acting as a ‘silent driver’ of the pandemic.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If you are young and do not get the vaccine or practice safe social interactions, you have a greater chance of infecting someone who infects someone who will die because of it.
It’s simple. They just don’t care.

marke

Leftists are wrong about the effectiveness of masks, social distancing, shutdowns, and the vaccine, but they don't care. They will persecute, harass, hound, badger, intimidate, arrest, destroy, and/or bedevil Americans who have a better sense of the flawed democrat efforts to cure coronavirus.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Remember back in the winter of 2020, back when there was no expectation that we would be able to develop a vaccine, the mantra was "flatten the curve" and "herd immunity".

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
If you are young and do not get the vaccine or practice safe social interactions, you have a greater chance of infecting someone who infects someone who will die because of it?

My neighbor has the right to choose to be afraid.

If he is afraid that I unknowingly carry an illness, he has the right to be afraid of me. He has the right to stay away from me. But he does not have the right to control me, detain me, or deface me.

If he comes near me and I am ill, he may catch my illness. If he fears my illness he can stay away.

I will come to him if he needs me, even if he’s sick.

When we are well, I’ll eat with him in a restaurant, sit next to him in a theatre or wait in line with him at the grocery store. I’ll never force him to do anything against his will and I expect the same respect from him.

I accept the inherent risk of death in life. If I should inadvertently catch an illness from him, I will not hold him responsible. Even if I perish. This is how it’s always been, and it’s how it should always be.

If I am knowingly ill, I pledge to respect my neighbors and contain my illness as best I can while still providing for myself and my family. I cannot guarantee that I will not spread a pathogen, but I will be considerate.

I promise to never rob, murder, envy, vandalize or bear false witness against my neighbor.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Remember back in the winter of 2020, back when there was no expectation that we would be able to develop a vaccine, the mantra was "flatten the curve" and "herd immunity".

The mantra was "flatten the curve" by way of "wear your mask" and "stay six feet apart." Not so much "herd immunity by getting the virus and becoming naturally immune."