Theology Club: The Faith of Christ

Danoh

And you teach a false view of a possible obedience :

Here is your statement: "His obedience of faith that then makes ours possible through Him after we have believed that His obedience was sufficient"

That nonsense isnt in the Bible !

Perhaps...

But perhaps you did not understand what I meant by that.

By the way, you'll waste your breath to try and rattle me with baiting, and insults and such, as I am not the issue - Christ alone is.

Try that sometime. You'll find you won't need to be right for its own sake at the expense of what is right - the Spirit of the Lord allowed - by the obedience of faith - to work in our inward man as we deal with differences in understanding.

This "Lest Satan should get an advantage of us: for we are not ignorant of his devices," 2 Corinthians 2:11.

Think on this a moment, outside of the opportunity our differences actually allows - to walk in that more excellent way in our differences - all other talk is "an uncertain sound."

"Giving no offence in any thing, that the ministry be not blamed:" 2 Cor. 6:3.

beloved57

Perhaps...

But perhaps you did not understand what I meant by that.

By the way, you'll waste your breath to try and rattle me with baiting, and insults and such, as I am not the issue - Christ alone is.

Try that sometime. You'll find you won't need to be right for its own sake at the expense of what is right - the Spirit of the Lord allowed - by the obedience of faith - to work in our inward man as we deal with differences in understanding.

This "Lest Satan should get an advantage of us: for we are not ignorant of his devices," 2 Corinthians 2:11.

Think on this a moment, outside of the opportunity our differences actually allows - to walk in that more excellent way in our differences - all other talk is "an uncertain sound."

"Giving no offence in any thing, that the ministry be not blamed:" 2 Cor. 6:3.

You meant what you said!

glorydaz

Lol

You poor thing; don't hurt your head there...

I was talking about His side of the issue - His obedience of faith that then makes ours possible through Him after we have believed that His obedience was sufficient - "...and the life which I now live in the flesh, I live by the faith of the Son of God who gave His life for me, and gave himself, for me..."

"I am crucified with Christ: neverthless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me..."

I could hit my head twice as hard as that and it wouldn't change the fact that you agreed with Jerry that it isn't "faith of Christ" but the "faithfulness" of Christ. Just like when you claimed God's UNtruth knew what scope and context were, and then later said she was dim-witted and stupid. Make up your mind, and then I won't have to smack my head in frustration. :chuckle:

Danoh

I could hit my head twice as hard as that and it wouldn't change the fact that you agreed with Jerry that it isn't "faith of Christ" but the "faithfulness" of Christ. Just like when you claimed God's UNtruth knew what scope and context were, and then later said she was dim-witted and stupid. Make up your mind, and then I won't have to smack my head in frustration. :chuckle:

Well, don't do it on my account; I'm simply not worth it.

And I still view “the faith of Christ” - on His end - as a reference to His faithfulness to what He came to do – “he loved me, and gave Himself for me.”

As for the other issue, I have always maintained that individual appears to have a learning disability.

One that results in a state of stupor through which they perceive things, thus, my continued patience with her.

It is often the case such a disability result in talents in some area higher that others in that same area by the way. And often they themselves are unaware of it.

Anyway, sis, you simply do not know where I am coming from, nor should you be expected to, as this is my own experience, observation, looking into, and reflection on things, as I am fascinated by how perception works to no end.

Further, keep in mind we are not from the same Mid-Acts Perspective in some things; obviously the result of how we approach studying some things out.

I find it all fascinating; which is why I do not need to bait people with questions meant to corner them into a means of glorying in the flesh against them, call them ignorant, or need them to have to have my understanding, and all the rest. That just gets in the way of my learning from them what there often is to learn even when they are off.

When I do go against someone it is only when I am fully persuaded in my own mind that their faculties are intact as they go about opposing us as willfully and dishonestly as some do.

I am ever open to learning from anyone – even from someone who’s ways I might strongly dislike.

Its what the doctrine is meant to produce in us in contrast to "that's not for us," too often, as its own point of contention.

The doctrine is meant to result in the following - Philippians 4:

11. Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content.
12. I know both how to be abased, and I know how to abound: every where and in all things I am instructed both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need.
13. I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

I want to thank you for causing me to reflect on these things.

Danoh

You meant what you said!

Now, see; there is no working with that.

Of course I meant what I said - not what you have perhaps concluded I meant.

Whatever that is; it appears to cause disagreement in you that you do not appear willing to explore the clearing up of.

As a result - we are at a standstill.

The best to you in that...

beloved57

Now, see; there is no working with that.

Of course I meant what I said - not what you have perhaps concluded I meant.

Whatever that is; it appears to cause disagreement in you that you do not appear willing to explore the clearing up of.

As a result - we are at a standstill.

The best to you in that...

You made a statement that dishonours the effect of Christ obedience ! You meant it!

Danoh

You made a statement that dishonours the effect of Christ obedience ! You meant it!

Apparently - you - read what you did into my words from your understanding of election.

I'm sure others have gone round and round with you in this to no avail, despite the fact the passages on election are all in connection with service, while others supposedly thought to be have to do with the Believer's position in Christ after He is saved.

So be it. I don't need you to agree with me in this in order for me to be happy and or get along with you.

You may not feel the same. So be it.

Hopefully you do not lose much sleep over our differences in understanding. I know, I will not.

The best to you in your view, all the same.

beloved57

Apparently - you - read what you did into my words from your understanding of election.

I'm sure others have gone round and round with you in this to no avail, despite the fact the passages on election are all in connection with service, while others supposedly thought to be have to so with the Believer's position in Christ after He is saved.

So be it. I don't need you to agree with me in this in order for me to be happy and or get along with you.

You may not feel the same. So be it.

Hopefully you do not lose much sleep over our differences in understanding. I know, I will not.

The best to you in your view, all the same.

I read what you posted!

Danoh

I read what you posted!

You just don't get it.

Who cares?

Have your view and be happy with it.

Problem is, that leaves your kind - and we have them in our camp as well - with nothing to prove another wrong in.

I would suggest you go back to the Cross and make Him the issue for your happiness both with yourself and others, when you view is not subscribed to by them.

But again, that will leave you with out a fight. Perhaps yours is the "Christ of contention."

At this point, I leave you to the last word on this; as you seem to need it; even should you refrain from posting it that you once more satisfy your obvious need to prove others wrong for its own sake.

If that is your sovereignty of God and or election, feel free to it.

beloved57

You just don't get it.

Who cares?

Have your view and be happy with it.

Problem is, that leaves your kind - and we have them in our camp as well - with nothing to prove another wrong in.

I would suggest you go back to the Cross and make Him the issue for your happiness both with yourself and others, when you view is not subscribed to by them.

But again, that will leave you with out a fight. Perhaps yours is the "Christ of contention."

At this point, I leave you to the last word on this; as you seem to need it; even should you refrain from posting it that you once more satisfy your obvious need to prove others wrong for its own sake.

If that is your sovereignty of God and or election, feel free to it.

You made a statement that dishonours the effect of Christ obedience unto death!

Danoh

This could have been a great thread.

But Jerry right off turned it into his need to beat into other's head's those passages in the gospels he believes teach salvation by faith alone.

Whether or not they do, is not my point, his need to hijack every thread with this issue, is.

While that fool beloved57 jumped in with his Calvinist nonsense.

Are some really that bad off in their heads that a thread that at least appeared had been meant to not only explore, but honor "the faith of Christ" was right off turned by these two would be tyrants over what others should believe, into their soapbox once more?

Then, again, perhaps that had been Jerry's intent all along once more. He did begin this thread...

Jerry Shugart

This could have been a great thread.

Yes, but then beloved 57 got on it and derailed it. it was going good until glorydaz did not answer what I said in the post which I will post after I end this one.

Why don't you answer for her since she didn't seem to be up to it?

Jerry Shugart

Our faith is simply NOT ENOUGH to obtain anything unless our faith is based upon the FAITH OF JESUS CHRIST.

Our faith is based on believing on the work of Christ on the Cross, not His faith.

There are two faiths and ours is not the one that gives us life.

According to your ideas John was also wrong when he said:

"But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name" (Jn.20:31).

Yes, but we are talking about what Paul means by the faith of Christ.

One of the meanings of "faith" is faithfulness. Did you not read what I said about the meaning of that word in the KJV Dictionary?

Our faith is simply NOT ENOUGH to obtain anything unless our faith is based upon the FAITH OF JESUS CHRIST. Salvation is not of ourselves, remember? Notice...."He was able also to perform..." Was Abraham's faith alone there? No, it was NOT.

Romans 4:21-22
And being fully persuaded that, what he had promised, he was able also to perform. And therefore it was imputed to him for righteousness.

This is speaking about what God had promised and Abraham believed that what God promised He was able to perform.

That is not speaking about the faith of God or the faith of Christ.

You are totally confused.

Danoh

Our faith is based on believing on the work of Christ on the Cross, not His faith.

According to your ideas John was also wrong when he said:

"But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name" (Jn.20:31).

One of the meanings of "faith" is faithfulness. Did you not read what I said about the meaning of that word in the KJV Dictionary?

This is speaking about what God had promised and Abraham believed that what God promised He was able to perform.

That is not speaking about the faith of God or the faith of Christ.

You are totally confused.

Yeah, okay, early Andersonite, lol

Jerry Shugart

Galatians 3:22 But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.

In this verse we read that the promise is "given to them that believe."

That is not speaking of anyone receiving the promise as a result of the "faith of Jesus Christ."

When the KJV came into existence those who heard the word "faith" knew that one of that word's meanings is faithfulness. in the KJV Dictionary we read this as one of the definitions of "faith":

"Faithfulness; fidelity; a strict adherence to duty and fulfillment of promises."​

http://av1611.com/kjbp/kjv-dictionary/faith.html

Also, the Greek word pistis is translated "faith" and one of the meanings of that word is:

"fidelity, faithfulness, the character of one who can be relied on" (Thayer's Greek English Lexicon).

[/quote]Galatians 3:23 But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed. [/quote]

At verse 23 the reference is to when it was revealed (which should afterwards be revealed).

The Jews who lived under the law had always been saved by grace through faith:

"Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all" (Ro.4:16).​

Jerry Shugart

Can't wait til Jerry is either banned forever, gets a life, or drops dead.

You are out of control and obviously in need of professional help.

I will no longer respond to anything you say because my remarks just make your condition worse.

I pray in the name of the Lord that you will seek help.

Danoh

You are out of control and obviously in need of professional help.

I will no longer respond to anything you say because my remarks just make your condition worse.

I pray in the name of the Lord that you will seek help.

Nothing new there. Not in light of the recorded history down through the ages - of the would be victimizer (you and your kind) accusing his would be victim (those who do not bow to you and your kind) of such, for daring to put the would lord (you and your kind) over them, in check.

Your "study" approach and its would be agenda have been tried, found wanting; time to run and hide so you wont have to deal with the obvious; that you yourself can you wrong (though, even by your very hand is that to no avail, as you think this forum is some kind of a soapbox contest set up just for you to win some right to lord it over others).

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Nothing new there. Not in light of the recorded history down through the ages - of the would be victimizer (you and your kind) accusing his would be victim (those who do not bow to you and your kind) of such, for daring to put the would lord (you and your kind) over them, in check.

Your "study" approach and its would be agenda have been tried, found wanting; time to run and hide so you wont have to deal with the obvious; that you yourself can you wrong (though, even by your very hand is that to no avail, as you think this forum is some kind of a soapbox contest set up just for you to win some right to lord it over others).

Jerry S also refuses to declare what church or denomination he's
affiliated with. Hiding something perhaps? I believe so.

SaulToPaul 2

In this verse we read that the promise is "given to them that believe."

That is not speaking of anyone receiving the promise as a result of the "faith of Jesus Christ."

When the KJV came into existence those who heard the word "faith" knew that one of that word's meanings is faithfulness. in the KJV Dictionary we read this as one of the definitions of "faith":

Who was the promise made to?

Galatians 3:19 Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator.

How did he receive it?

Galatians 3:22 But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.

He received by his faith, and it is given to us when we believe.

That IS what the scripture says. May as well accept it.