The End of the Jewish Religion and the Law

Robert Pate

Banned
Mt 5:18

Welcome him into your heart (Joel 2:13). He's looking for holiness (Heb 12:14). Be ready (Ps 27:5, Zep 2:2-3, Is 2:10, 1 Ki 20:31, Jas 2:18).

Why would Jesus who is holy and without sin want to be in a sinners heart? Romans 3:23.

I think that he's looking for faith.

Robert Pate

Banned
Jesus is not the end of the Jewish Religion and the Law.

Jesus is the fulfillment of the Jewish Religion and the Law. In Him we have the true Jewish religion. In Him we have more than the Law, not less. Without Him we only have the expectation of the coming Messiah, not the fulfillment of the coming Messiah having occurred in the person of Yeshua (Jesus).

After Jesus fulfilled the law he abolished it, Colossians 2:15.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned

What do you mean when you say He abolished it? Do you mean you believe it doesn't exist anymore? Do you believe sin is still transgession of the law? Do sinners know they have sinned because of the law? Are they condemned and guilty thereby? Do believers sin when they transgress the law? Or, is it possible for a believer to sin or transgress the law? If sin is not defined as transgression of the law, then either sin does not exist or there is another definition of sin somehow.

If a person sins after becoming a believer, have they transgressed God's law? It seems you would say no if the law has been abolished. So, what do you mean that the law has been abolished?

Ben Masada

According to whose word, yours? What I have is that Jesus himself declared that he did not come to abolish the Law and the Prophet. Besides, the word "fulfilled" in this text is the same as "confirmed" down to the letter. Furthermore, heaven and earth would rather pass away before the Law could. It is impossible to find any other confirmation of something stronger than that. (Mat. 5:17-19)

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Why would Jesus who is holy and without sin want to be in a sinners heart? Romans 3:23.

I think that he's looking for faith.

He is. He is looking for sincere hearts (Jew and gentile alike). Love him. Obey him (Ge 17:5, Jn 14:23, Ps 119:57, 101, 1 Ki 6:12).

Ben Masada

Jesus said if you love me keep my Commandments (Jn 14:15). What are his Commandments? It's not some 600 rules and regulations.

Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets (Mt 22:37–40).

Is 29:13, Lk 1:6, 18:20, Jn 15:10 , 1 Jn 2:3-4, 5:2, Mt 5:17, Mk 7:6, Re 12:17, 14:12

The two witnesses will straighten us all :freak: out. :listen: Listen to them (Mt 24:14). The bride must prepare herself, as well. :poly:

[YT="I know, there's a problem with your face. ~ Jack Burton Big Trouble in Little China”]ETej1PG3v2o[/YT]

So, the second commandment is that thou shall love thy neighbor as thyself. It means that the commandment to love one another is akin to the Golden Rule not to do unto others what we would not like they did unto ourselves. In other other words, the Golden Rule covers all the second part of the Decalogue. Serious transgression right there.

Well my friends, sorry to have to say this, but Jesus broke the Golden Rule 15 times only in that text of Mat. 23:13-33. If that was a commandment of his, he broke his own law and became liable as a sinner too. (Eccles. 7:20)

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Well my friends, sorry to have to say this, but Jesus broke the Golden Rule 15 times only in that text of Mat. 23:13-33. If that was a commandment of his, he broke his own law and became liable as a sinner too. (Eccles. 7:20)
I believe Jesus never broke even one command/commandment of God.

Ben Masada

Ben,

1 - Jesus was speaking the truth, the age of law has passed away.

2 - As a Jew you know that Heaven and Earth is the place where God and man meet.

3 - In the Old Testament it was where Abraham went to sacrifice Issac, where Jacob made an alter unto God, where Salomon built the temple and many Jews believe it was where God made a covenant with Adam. So, in the Old Testament heaven and earth referred to the covenant and place it was made, Mount Moriah. The temple of the Old Covenant was replaced in the New Covenant with a temple that is not made with hands, it is where God and man meet today, within us.

4 - The old covenant ended when Jesus was crucified and the last day, judgment day, came when the temple was totally destroyed in 70 AD.

5 - 1Co 3:16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

1 - What does it mean, that today we are living in the age of disorder or in the law of the jungle? Try to break the law to see if the Judge will let you go scot-free. If you are to be punished for your transgression of the law, you will have the evidence that the law has not passed away.

2 - The Lord is ready to meet any one who is ready to set things right with the Lord so that his or her sins from scarlet red become as white as snow through repentance and return to the obedience of God's Law. (Isaiah 1:18.19)

3 - Abraham did not literally go anywhere to sacrifice his son Isaac. It was all in a dream. That's the Divine method for the Lord to reveal Himself to his servants the prophets. (Numb. 12:6)

4 - Do you think that Jesus was aware of this? I don't think so because according to Luke 16:29-31 Jesus himself in his parable of the Richman and Lazarus implied that the only way to escape hell-fire is by listening to "Moses" aka the Law, and now you are implying that he was said nothing about this. Who was right then, you or Jesus?

5 - The gospel of Paul was the gospel of Paul and not the one of Jesus. Why do you go after the gospel of a Hellenist and not after the gospel of Jesus?

Robert Pate

Banned
He is. He is looking for sincere hearts (Jew and gentile alike). Love him. Obey him (Ge 17:5, Jn 14:23, Ps 119:57, 101, 1 Ki 6:12).

Paul said, "As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one" Romans 3:10.

Is God the minister of sin? Does God accept the works and the obedience of sinners?

"For all have sinned and come short of the Glory of God" Romans 3:23.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
So, the second commandment is that thou shall love thy neighbor as thyself. It means that the commandment to love one another is akin to the Golden Rule not to do unto others what we would not like they did unto ourselves. In other other words, the Golden Rule covers all the second part of the Decalogue. Serious transgression right there.

Quibbling legalism! Nothing there about Jesus not loving the Pharisees, he was just exposing their corruption for all to see. The Jews are notorious for swatting at gnats while swallowing camels.

Ben Masada

I believe Jesus never broke even one command/commandment of God.

In that case, you are right and Matthew was a liar. If you ask me, I do believe that Jesus would never curse his colleagues the Pharisees but charging them of being hypocrites and brood of vipers. Therefore, we must get together and cut off that page from the gospel of the guy who wrote that gospel and attributed it to the Apostle of Jesus called Matthew.

Ben Masada

Quibbling legalism! Nothing there about Jesus not loving the Pharisees, he was just exposing their corruption for all to see. The Jews are notorious for swatting at gnats while swallowing camels.

Do you believe that Jesus was charismatic? Yes, you do. So, why didn't Jesus experiment his charisma to correct others without having to insult them with being hypocrites and brood of vipers? Besides, he did not have to do that to show his being a paragon of righteousness. According to Eccles. 7:20, "There has never been a man upon earth to have done only good and never sinned." Jesus was a man upon earth for 33 years of his life. So, whether we want or not, he was a sinner too.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
In that case, you are right and Matthew was a liar. If you ask me, I do believe that Jesus would never curse his colleagues the Pharisees but charging them of being hypocrites and brood of vipers. Therefore, we must get together and cut off that page from the gospel of the guy who wrote that gospel and attributed it to the Apostle of Jesus called Matthew.
Ben,

I don't believe we have to call Matthew a liar either.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Do you believe that Jesus was charismatic? Yes, you do. So, why didn't Jesus experiment his charisma to correct others without having to insult them with being hypocrites and brood of vipers? Besides, he did not have to do that to show his being a paragon of righteousness. According to Eccles. 7:20, "There has never been a man upon earth to have done only good and never sinned." Jesus was a man upon earth for 33 years of his life. So, whether we want or not, he was a sinner too.

Ben my friend, our friend, No one ever convicted Jesus of any real sin, you are desperate to find him guilty today just like your ken folks were desperate then.

Jesus had been dealing with this same brood of vipers for 3+ years. (they were the enemy of the people as well). They sent spies out to try to entrap and embarrass Jesus as well as personally attempted to discredit him as being in league with Satan. So he had already used tact and charisma in dealing with his would be false accusers. The woe's were the occasion of their last chance to accept Jesus. They didn't and their house was then left desolate, the Father withdrew his protection and by 70 AD Jerusalem was crushed!

Besides Ben, aside from the 10 commandments, an adaptation of the previous 7 commandments, the other laws of Leviticus were purely human, man made laws like all other evolved religions.

Last edited:

dialm

BANNED
Banned
What are you Pate, anti-everything and everyone?

You probably hate yourself, (well can't really blame you there).

Robert Pate

Banned
What are you Pate, anti-everything and everyone?

You probably hate yourself, (well can't really blame you there).

I am pro-Gospel and anti-religon.

Religion is basically anti-Christ.

Religion is a law based entity that perverts and subverts the glorious Gospel of Jesus Christ and justification by faith apart from the works of the law.