The earth is flat and we never went to the moon

Status
Not open for further replies.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I really encourage everybody to watch this video with details about all the "operations" that took place before Kennedy. After the very compelling and excellent speech by JFK that he made in 1962 @ Rice University in Houston - Rob Skiba gives many details of those times in history and all the "operations" that took place and their names.

For one, all the "operations" were under the name Dominic which means :

Dominic is a name common among Roman Catholics and other Latin-Romans as a boys name. Originally from the late Roman-Italic name "Dominicus" its translation means, "Lordly", "Belonging to God" or "of the Master". ... The name, meaning Lord, is sometimes used to reference Sunday (the Lord's day).

Then the operation to nuke the dome with a missile named "Thor" was called "Fishbowl" - Fishbowl of the Lord

That describes the enclosed flat earth and cosmos. They know and they found the edge of the dome in Antarctica? They lost planes, many planes under Admiral Byrd in Antarctica because they were crashing into "an invisible force field" - They suspected Germany or Russia invented a force field.

Were they crashing into the dome? I have some videos I'll post late tonight or tomorrow. Watch this video above if you're interested AND the Aethereal: Battle For Heaven and Earth video. Both excellent and necessary to see, if any serious study of flat earth can be done. Tell me they didn't find out something about the earth and there is no conspiracy. Enjoy.

33 minutes

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Nope.

Pull out your globe model. Hover your finger over the equator, and spin the globe. That's a straight line that does not intersect antarctica.

Now pull out a piece of string (longer than the circumference of the globe) and (if necessary, use tape) put one end of it at the coordinates 0, 0 (should be in the Gulf of Guinea off the coast of africa, and angle it slightly down, making sure to keep it in a straight line as you wrap it around the globe. It should intersect the equator a second time, at 0 degrees latitude (equator) 180 degrees longitude, exactly opposite 0, 0 in the Gulf of Guinea. Of course if you start drawing a straight line at any other point on the equator, it will always intersect the equator exactly opposite where it starts.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Nope.

Pull out your globe model. Hover your finger over the equator, and spin the globe. That's a straight line that does not intersect antarctica.

Now pull out a piece of string (longer than the circumference of the globe) and (if necessary, use tape) put one end of it at the coordinates 0, 0 (should be in the Gulf of Guinea off the coast of africa, and angle it slightly down, making sure to keep it in a straight line as you wrap it around the globe. It should intersect the equator a second time, at 0 degrees latitude (equator) 180 degrees longitude, exactly opposite 0, 0 in the Gulf of Guinea. Of course if you start drawing a straight line at any other point on the equator, it will always intersect the equator exactly opposite where it starts.
You can't do it JR you can't start in Chicago let's say, go west in a COMPLETELY STRAIGHT LINE and get back to Chicago. You will travel a circle around the flat earth to get back. Tevelling in a totally straight line will rout you at the ice wall, I guarantee it. A true circumnavigation of the fake "globe" is impossible. It's fact and you can't twist your way out if it with math, a globe in your house, compasses or anything else. Look at the routes taken to go "around the world" and you'll see.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
You can't do it JR you can't start in Chicago let's say, go west in a COMPLETELY STRAIGHT LINE and get back to Chicago. You will travel a circle around the flat earth to get back. Tevelling in a totally straight line will rout you at the ice wall, I guarantee it. A true circumnavigation of the fake "globe" is impossible. It's fact and you can't twist your way out if it with math, a globe in your house, compasses or anything else. Look at the routes taken to go "around the world" and you'll see.

Ok, you're not taking into account what I just said, and you're trying to use a flat map instead of a globe. So pull out your globe this time and the string, put the end of the string on Chicago, and while keeping the string facing toward you, start heading west, keeping the string in a straight line. What happens? The string starts to dip south, until it hits the equator, then levels out, and starts heading north again (all still while heading west), hits the equator again, levels out, and ends up right back at Chicago (if you did it right. Did the line ever cross Antarctica? No. Was the line always moving west? Yes. Was the line straight? Yes.

Now, put the end of the string back on chicago, and instead of having the line always face you, keep the equator facing you, and then keep the string at the same distance above the equator as chicago, all the way around, until you hit chicago again. Now orient the globe so that the string is facing you. Did the line ever cross Antarctica? No, it never intersected the equator, let alone Antarctica. Is the line straight? No. Is it always heading west? Yes, but in order to do so, it has to always turn to the north to stay at the same distance from the equator, therefore the line is not straight, because it turns north constantly.

Yes, it is possible to draw a straight line on a globe from Chicago and end up back at Chicago, but it is not possible to draw a straight line on a flat earth from Chicago to Chicago. The line will always turn on a flat earth, but does not necessarily have to turn on a globe.

Here's something you might find interesting, there is a line that goes almost all the way around the globe on which you can sail in a completely straight line and never hit land.

https://www.cntraveler.com/stories/2014-04-07/twenty-thousand-mile-great-circle-sail-maphead

Go watch the video on that site. I'll wait.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
I can grasp that size matters.

But are we supposed to count the oceans as a single mass unit being pulled by gravity, or does gravity pull each drop of water in the oceans individually?
Interesting question.

It also pulls each piece of the satellite individually.

The "pieces" aren't as rigidly held together but they do still act as a whole. In fact, the ocean is just one piece of the Earth. The ground is pulled on by the Moon just as the ocean is. The reason you notice it pulling on the ocean is because the ocean is a liquid that can deform in the direction of the pull. If the ocean was frozen solid, the tidal forces created by the Moon would still exist but there would be no tides because the ocean couldn't move and flow.

And, just to be technical about it, it isn't really size that matters, it's mass. Size, technically speaking, has to do with volume. Gravity doesn't care about your volume, it acts as if all of the mass was concentrated at the "center of mass", no matter how big or lopsided the body happens to be.

Clete

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
The bottom line is this, no matter where you start on the "globe" - if you go in a STRAIGHT LINE in ANY direction, you will hit the ice wall. Thee is no such thing as "going around the world" it doesn't exist and it's impossible. With or without a compass or "magnets"
Saying it doesn't make it so, Patrick.

There are literally thousands of things that circumnavigate the globe every couple of hours. Thousands! All day. Everyday.

There have been hundreds of people travel all the way around the world over the last couple of centuries. Different people in different generations from different places with different equipment for different reasons all a great expense and many times at the cost of lives. These events, especially at the beginning, effected thousands upon thousands of people. Individuals, companies, banks, governments, etc, etc. All of whom kept records of one kind or another, whether they be financial records, navigational records, medical records, legal proceedings, you name it. The cacophony of evidence that these thing happened and continue to happen would be entirely impossible to fake even if someone wanted to do so which they wouldn't because there is no motive for them to do so.

Further, the entire premise of the statement demonstrates that whomever you're getting this nonsense from is either stupid, completely ignorant or lying.

You can travel straight east or west FOREVER and never will you get one inch closer to Antarctica. Unlike going north or south where one turns into the other if you travel far enough, east and west are forever far apart which any Christian should know full well. (Psalms 103:12)

Clete

P.S. Is there any chance at all that you'll be responding to any of these arguments or do you intend to just keep piling up the nonsense?

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Ok, you're not taking into account what I just said, and you're trying to use a flat map instead of a globe. So pull out your globe this time and the string, put the end of the string on Chicago, and while keeping the string facing toward you, start heading west, keeping the string in a straight line. What happens? The string starts to dip south, until it hits the equator, then levels out, and starts heading north again (all still while heading west), hits the equator again, levels out, and ends up right back at Chicago (if you did it right. Did the line ever cross Antarctica? No. Was the line always moving west? Yes. Was the line straight? Yes.

Now, put the end of the string back on chicago, and instead of having the line always face you, keep the equator facing you, and then keep the string at the same distance above the equator as chicago, all the way around, until you hit chicago again. Now orient the globe so that the string is facing you. Did the line ever cross Antarctica? No, it never intersected the equator, let alone Antarctica. Is the line straight? No. Is it always heading west? Yes, but in order to do so, it has to always turn to the north to stay at the same distance from the equator, therefore the line is not straight, because it turns north constantly.

Yes, it is possible to draw a straight line on a globe from Chicago and end up back at Chicago, but it is not possible to draw a straight line on a flat earth from Chicago to Chicago. The line will always turn on a flat earth, but does not necessarily have to turn on a globe.

Here's something you might find interesting, there is a line that goes almost all the way around the globe on which you can sail in a completely straight line and never hit land.

https://www.cntraveler.com/stories/2014-04-07/twenty-thousand-mile-great-circle-sail-maphead

If you go straight west from Chicago, you won't ever get even one inch closer to the equator than when you started the trip, (never mind Antarctica).

And speaking of the equator, isn't that a line that goes all the way around the world without hitting Patrick's "ice wall"?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
If you go straight west from Chicago, you won't ever get even one inch closer to the equator than when you started the trip, (never mind Antarctica).

And speaking of the equator, isn't that a line that goes all the way around the world without hitting Patrick's "ice wall"?
That's what I said, but I did say that in order to continue moving directly west on a globe (in the northern hemisphere, probably should have clarified that), one would always have to be turning north so as to not start curving south, meaning turning right (obviously the opposite is true, on the southern hemisphere).

Right Divider

Body part
That's what I said, but I did say that in order to continue moving directly west on a globe (in the northern hemisphere, probably should have clarified that), one would always have to be turning north so as to not start curving south, meaning turning right (obviously the opposite is true, on the southern hemisphere).
Your statement would be true for a flat earth, but not a globe. East and west in a "straight line" never go north or south.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Ok, so either I'm not explaining it well enough, or you're not understanding me. (Please keep in mind that I am a "globe earther", not a flat earther.)

Take a regular map (not flat earth) and put it on a table. Draw a horizontal line anywhere below the equator (ie, parallel to the equator). Now take a map of the flat earth, and draw the same line in the southern hemisphere. Now take a globe, and do the same.

Those three different "maps" show three different lines, but only one of them is straight, the one on the regular map. The one on the flat earth map is always curving toward north, but never reaches it. The one on the southern hemisphere of the globe is curving south, but never reaches it.

Now go look at https://www.cntraveler.com/stories/2014-04-07/twenty-thousand-mile-great-circle-sail-maphead.

Notice on the flattened map of the globe he uses, the line curves, but when viewed on a sphere, the line is perfectly straight. Try drawing the same line (connecting the two ends appropriately) on the flat earth map. It's not straight at all, nor is it a circle.

Right Divider

Body part
Ok, so either I'm not explaining it well enough, or you're not understanding me. (Please keep in mind that I am a "globe earther", not a flat earther.)

Take a regular map (not flat earth) and put it on a table. Draw a horizontal line anywhere below the equator (ie, parallel to the equator). Now take a map of the flat earth, and draw the same line in the southern hemisphere. Now take a globe, and do the same.

Those three different "maps" show three different lines, but only one of them is straight, the one on the regular map. The one on the flat earth map is always curving toward north, but never reaches it. The one on the southern hemisphere of the globe is curving south, but never reaches it.

Now go look at https://www.cntraveler.com/stories/2014-04-07/twenty-thousand-mile-great-circle-sail-maphead.

Notice on the flattened map of the globe he uses, the line curves, but when viewed on a sphere, the line is perfectly straight. Try drawing the same line (connecting the two ends appropriately) on the flat earth map. It's not straight at all, nor is it a circle.
That is part of the problem. There is no such thing as a "regular" map of the global earth. There are only different types of map projections that attempt to make a 2D map out of a 3D world.

This article (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Map_projection) accurately explains it like this

Maps cannot be created without map projections. All map projections necessarily distort the surface in some fashion. Depending on the purpose of the map, some distortions are acceptable and others are not; therefore, different map projections exist in order to preserve some properties of the sphere-like body at the expense of other properties. There is no limit to the number of possible map projections.[2]:1

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Interesting question.
I got a million of 'em.
:)

It also pulls each piece of the satellite individually.
I would think so.
But some of it's pieces would be heavier than others.
Gravity would pull on the heavier pieces more than it would the lighter pieces (ie. the heavier pieces would fall faster).
When there is some long object with heavier pieces, is it conceivable that the heavy pieces could break off from the lighter pieces due to more force being pulled on the heavier pieces?

The "pieces" aren't as rigidly held together but they do still act as a whole.
I would think that anything attached to the heavy pieces would fall at the same rate as the heavy pieces.
In other words you could attach a feather to the satellite and it would fall at the same rate as the heavy parts because it is attached to heavy parts and the heavy parts would drag the feather with it.

But drops of water don't really attach themselves to other drops, do they?
If they did, wouldn't the entire oceans move instead of just the top portion of the oceans?

In fact, the ocean is just one piece of the Earth.
Like the feather (oceans) attached to the satellite (earth land)?
If it all was attached, then wouldn't the heavier pull the lighter along with it at the same rate, like the feather attached to the satellite?
The feather cannot move until the heavier piece it is attached to moves.
So it would seem that since there is much more land mass than water mass of earth, the water could only move if the heavier mass (land) dragged it with it.
But we don't see that.
Instead we see the lighter mass (ocean) being pulled away from the land (breaking from the land).
So we have the gravitational pull of the moon actually having more affect on the lighter mass (water) and pulling it away from the heavier mass (land).
That's the opposite of the feather attached to the satellite, which will only move when the heavier mass it is attached to moves.

The ground is pulled on by the Moon just as the ocean is. The reason you notice it pulling on the ocean is because the ocean is a liquid that can deform in the direction of the pull. If the ocean was frozen solid, the tidal forces created by the Moon would still exist but there would be no tides because the ocean couldn't move and flow.
But doesn't gravitational pull work stronger (have more affect, for lack of a better word) on things that have more mass?

Or I could ask, does a snowflake weigh more or less than a drop of water?
My google search says the snowflake is lighter in mass.

Now, if snowflakes are lighter, then wouldn't we see snowflakes scurrying across the land (like tumbleweeds), although slower than drops of water because water is heavier?

I just don't get why the moon has that much of an affect on water, but not other things with mass.

Is it because of friction (does water cause less friction, and therefore less resistance)?
I'm not sure, so I ask.

And, just to be technical about it, it isn't really size that matters, it's mass. Size, technically speaking, has to do with volume. Gravity doesn't care about your volume, it acts as if all of the mass was concentrated at the "center of mass", no matter how big or lopsided the body happens to be.

Clete
Ahh, technically, yes.

Thanks for your time, Clete.
My head is spinning.
:dizzy:

Oh ......... gravitational pull doesn't have anything to do with magnetic pull, does it?
(I don't know, so I ask.)
Cause a magnet will affect lighter objects more than heavy objects.
ie. My magnet will make a small nail move, but not my barbell.

I need a nap.
My brain is hurting!

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

That "string" is not making a "straight" line.
It is making a curved line.
You can't get from Chicago to Chicago by going in a "straight" line on either the flat earth model or the globe earth model.
On the globe earth model, you would be above the earth 8 inches as soon as you went in any direction in a straight line for one mile.
At 100 miles, you would be 80 inches above the earth.
There can be no "straight" line on a ball.

Are we suppose to have a different definition of "straight line" for a ball than we do a plate?

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
I got a million of 'em.

I would think so.
Gravity would pull on the heavier pieces more than it would the lighter pieces (ie. the heavier pieces would fall faster).
While this seems intuitively obvious, it is wrong. Gravity "pulls" on everything equally. When dropped in an atmosphere, drag plays a huge part in determining how fast something falls. Watch this short video, less than 5 minutes.

When there is some long object with heavier pieces, is it conceivable that the heavy pieces could break off from the lighter pieces due to more force being pulled on the heavier pieces?
This is why engineers spend a lot of time designing those connections between pieces. We engineers do not like things falling apart because we didn't account for gravitational forces.

I would think that anything attached to the heavy pieces would fall at the same rate as the heavy pieces.
In other words you could attach a feather to the satellite and it would fall at the same rate as the heavy parts because it is attached to heavy parts and the heavy parts would drag the feather with it.
Even if they were not attached they would fall at the same rate. At least until they reached the atmosphere.

I just don't get why the moon has that much of an affect on water, but not other things with mass.
Because water is fluid - it is free to move and it moves easily. Rocks, not so much. The moon does effect everything its just that sometimes those effects are so small its nearly impossible to measure.

Oh ......... gravitational pull doesn't have anything to do with magnetic pull, does it?
Gravity and magnetism are separate forces but they obey similar rules. The magnet pulls on the nail and the bar bell equally but the smaller mass of the nail is able to more easily moved while the mass of the bar bell will resist the magnetic attraction. As the magnet gets stronger then the bar bell is more likely to move.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber

Right Divider already said this but just for good measure...

I understand what you're getting at but it just isn't correct, or at least you aren't saying it right.

East and West are defined in a very specific way and going straight east or west, by definition, means that you are not getting any closer or further away from either pole or any other latitude for that matter. Your path is curved in three dimensions because of the spherical shape of the globe and so there is "turning" involved if you want to call it that but it certainly is not "turning north".

Clete

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
I got a million of 'em.

I would think so.

But drops of water don't really attach themselves to other drops, do they?
If they did, wouldn't the entire oceans move instead of just the top portion of the oceans?

Like the feather (oceans) attached to the satellite (earth land)?
If it all was attached, then wouldn't the heavier pull the lighter along with it at the same rate, like the feather attached to the satellite?
The feather cannot move until the heavier piece it is attached to moves.
So it would seem that since there is much more land mass than water mass of earth, the water could only move if the heavier mass (land) dragged it with it.
But we don't see that.
Instead we see the lighter mass (ocean) being pulled away from the land (breaking from the land).
So we have the gravitational pull of the moon actually having more affect on the lighter mass (water) and pulling it away from the heavier mass (land).
That's the opposite of the feather attached to the satellite, which will only move when the heavier mass it is attached to moves.

But doesn't gravitational pull work stronger (have more affect, for lack of a better word) on things that have more mass?

Or I could ask, does a snowflake weigh more or less than a drop of water?
My google search says the snowflake is lighter in mass.

Now, if snowflakes are lighter, then wouldn't we see snowflakes scurrying across the land (like tumbleweeds), although slower than drops of water because water is heavier?

Is it because of friction (does water cause less friction, and therefore less resistance)?
I'm not sure, so I ask.

Ahh, technically, yes.

Thanks for your time, Clete.
My head is spinning.
:dizzy:

I need a nap.
My brain is hurting!

I think all of this can be basically responded to by simply pointing out that gravity pulls on the center of mass of any object, regardless of how many pieces there are or the relative masses of those pieces or how rigidly they are held together (so long as they are indeed held together).

And yes, the ocean is attached to the earth. Gravity is itself the primary means of that attachment but there are also other forces such as friction and some molecular forces as well.
Also, gravity is an astoundingly weak force. The entire mass of the whole Earth (and everything on it) is pulling you toward it's center of gravity and yet you can easily get up and out of bed, walk around, jump, etc. The surface tension of water (i.e. the attraction that each molecule of water has to each other), especially salt water, is way more than enough to overcome the pull of the Moon's gravity and keep parts of the ocean from flying away during high tide.

As for magnets, no, magnetism and gravity are not at all the same thing. Magnetism is property of moving electric charges, gravity is a property of mass. All physical objects have mass and therefore produce a gravitational field, including magnets. Most objects, however, are not magnets.

Clete

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I think all of this can be basically responded to by simply pointing out that gravity pulls on the center of mass of any object, regardless of how many pieces there are or the relative masses of those pieces or how rigidly they are held together (so long as they are indeed held together).

And yes, the ocean is attached to the earth. Gravity is itself the primary means of that attachment but there are also other forces such as friction and some molecular forces as well.
Also, gravity is an astoundingly weak force. The entire mass of the whole Earth (and everything on it) is pulling you toward it's center of gravity and yet you can easily get up and out of bed, walk around, jump, etc. The surface tension of water (i.e. the attraction that each molecule of water has to each other), especially salt water, is way more than enough to overcome the pull of the Moon's gravity and keep parts of the ocean from flying away during high tide.

As for magnets, no, magnetism and gravity are not at all the same thing. Magnetism is property of moving electric charges, gravity is a property of mass. All physical objects have mass and therefore produce a gravitational field, including magnets. Most objects, however, are not magnets.

Clete

Why are you posting here when you asked for a part two that you could use editing???

--Dave

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Why are you posting here when you asked for a part two that you could use editing???

--Dave
Are you not going to create a part two? If not, then [MENTION=12969]Sherman[/MENTION] can reopen my thread if clete doesn't want to open one.

Status
Not open for further replies.