The earth is flat and we never went to the moon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Right Divider

Body part
You haven't seen the sun as a spotlight type model circling the flat earth? Maybe you ignored it. What does make sense is the point you raised about the sun decreasing in size as it sets with a flat earth perspective POV. I have to try finding that. Keep in mind it's much more difficult to find flat earth data than spinning, flying ball data.
There's a good reason for that.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
There's a good reason for that.
From another thread: I DON'T believe it yet, never will I imagine. Then again, I may never believe in a spinning ball again. I'll never be 100% sure either way while stuck on the face of the immovable foundations of the earth.

Psalm 93:1 KJV - The Lord reigneth, he is clothed with majesty; the Lord is clothed with strength, wherewith he hath girded himself: the world also is stablished, that it cannot be moved.

Psalm 104:5 KJV - Who laid the foundations of the earth, that it should not be removed for ever.

Are the scriptures like that simply talking about the orbit and the fact we are travelling and spinning while flying millions of miles per hour on a path set by God that can't be moved?

Thus, the surface of the earth at the equator moves at a speed of 460 meters per second--or roughly 1,000 miles per hour. As schoolchildren, we learn that the earth is moving about our sun in a very nearly circular orbit. It covers this route at a speed of nearly 30 kilometers per second, or 67,000 miles per hour.

How fast is the earth moving? - Scientific American

How fast do we move through space?

The motion that's left must be the particular motion of our Galaxy through the universe! And how fast is the Milky Way Galaxy moving? The speed turns out to be an astounding 1.3 million miles per hour (2.1 million km/hr)!

ASP: How Fast Are You Moving When You Are Sitting Still?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
A water fall is not a lake or an ocean. The elevation of land is not curvature.

Any one can stand on the beach of any ocean, stand on any mountain top, or look outside the window of a jet, scan the horizon from left to right and see no curvature.

There are lens on cameras that can show a curve that does not exist.

All flights are on a flat plain earth that shows no curve or motion.

Clouds, birds, airplanes, by all our experience move over an immovable flat earth.

All stars are seen to move in a circular motion except one, the north star which is logically located over the center of the earth.

View attachment 25062

https://sailchecker.com/blog/how-do-i-find-the-north-star-2/
Great post :thumb:

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
You haven't seen the sun as a spotlight type model circling the flat earth? Maybe you ignored it. What does make sense is the point you raised about the sun decreasing in size as it sets with a flat earth perspective POV. I have to try finding that. Keep in mind it's much more difficult to find flat earth data than spinning, flying ball data.
Beven if the sun is modeled as a spot light over a disk it still be visible from all points on the disk at all times. Given the diameter of the dusk you use and the elevation of the sun, there is not enough distance available for perspective to reduce the sun to the vanishing point. And then there is the added problem that your picture shows of the son NOT getting smaller as it approaches the horizon.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Beven if the sun is modeled as a spot light over a disk it still be visible from all points on the disk at all times. Given the diameter of the dusk you use and the elevation of the sun, there is not enough distance available for perspective to reduce the sun to the vanishing point. And then there is the added problem that your picture shows of the son NOT getting smaller as it approaches the horizon.
No, the models I have seen repeatedly this last week show darkness over half the earth or more than half. When it's dark, you can't see the sun. :idea:

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
No, the models I have seen repeatedly this last week show darkness over half the earth or more than half. When it's dark, you can't see the sun. :idea:
PJ, how high up is the Sun in the flat earth model you think is most accurate, and what is the diameter of the earth's "disk', ie 2x the distance from the north pole to the section of ice wall that is farthest from it?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
PJ, how high up is the Sun in the flat earth model you think is most accurate, and what is the diameter of the earth's "disk', ie 2x the distance from the north pole to the section of ice wall that is farthest from it?
I'll have to research that a bit and get back to you. I'm watching a video now from the guy I first saw in a video Tam posted. He uses scripture much more than anyone else and this one is 30 minutes. I know people are busy and can't always watch a video that long but he also does tests and uses Stellarum (I think that's the name) software that is designed to chart the cosmos (it's not made by flat earth people). He shows the results in the video.

I think I've heard others say the sun is only thousands of miles away and it's not nearly as big as they claim. He first shows the persecution and ridicule he has experienced since 2015 when he started posting videos.

[h=1]Interesting potential flat Earth revelation arrived in the midst of intense verbal persecution[/h]

https://youtu.be/DJrNNm3B44I

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
[FONT=&quot]The [/FONT]sun is a rotating sphere. It has a diameter of 32 miles and is located approximately 3000 miles above the surface of the earth.

[h=3]Sun - The Flat Earth Wiki[/h]

Still looking for a flat earth diameter and circumference

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Happy Groundhog Day !! 6 more weeks of Winter !!

Everybody knows Phil can only see his shadow if it's a flat earth. :chuckle:

Right Divider

Body part
From another thread: I DON'T believe it yet, never will I imagine. Then again, I may never believe in a spinning ball again. I'll never be 100% sure either way while stuck on the face of the immovable foundations of the earth.
The "immovable foundation" does NOT refer to "not moving".

The immovable foundation is NOT talking about cosmology or anything of the sort.This is an example of taking the scripture out of context.

Psalm 93:1 KJV - The Lord reigneth, he is clothed with majesty; the Lord is clothed with strength, wherewith he hath girded himself: the world also is stablished, that it cannot be moved.
Ps 93:1-5 (AKJV/PCE)
(93:1) The LORD reigneth, he is clothed with majesty; the LORD is clothed with strength, [wherewith] he hath girded himself: the world also is stablished, that it cannot be moved. (93:2) Thy throne [is] established of old: thou [art] from everlasting. (93:3) The floods have lifted up, O LORD, the floods have lifted up their voice; the floods lift up their waves. (93:4) The LORD on high [is] mightier than the noise of many waters, [yea, than] the mighty waves of the sea. (93:5) Thy testimonies are very sure: holiness becometh thine house, O LORD, for ever.

Note that right from the beginning of the first verse of this Psalm, figurative and poetic language is being used (clothed with majesty and strength). "Cannot be moved" is NOT trying to say that the world "is not moving" physically. The word used for "moved" is
mowt which means:
H4131 מוֹט mowt (mote) v.
1. to waver.
2. (by implication) to slip, shake, fall.
[a primitive root]
KJV: be carried, cast, be out of course, be fallen in decay, X exceedingly, fall(-ing down), be (re-)moved, be ready, shake, slide, slip.

It NOT about not "moving", it's about not "wavering, slipping, falling" etc.

Here are some other examples of how that same word is used in other places in the scripture:

Lev 25:35 (AKJV/PCE)
(25:35) ¶ And if thy brother be waxen poor, and fallen in decay with thee; then thou shalt relieve him: [yea, though he be] a stranger, or a sojourner; that he may live with thee.

Deut 32:35 (AKJV/PCE)
(32:35) To me [belongeth] vengeance, and recompence; their foot shall slide in [due] time: for the day of their calamity [is] at hand, and the things that shall come upon them make haste.

Ps 17:5 (AKJV/PCE)
(17:5) Hold up my goings in thy paths, [that] my footsteps slip not.

Psalm 104:5 KJV - Who laid the foundations of the earth, that it should not be removed for ever.

"not be removed" does NOT mean "not moving". Once again you're believing a false interpretation.

Ps 104:1-9 (AKJV/PCE)
(104:1) Bless the LORD, O my soul. O LORD my God, thou art very great; thou art clothed with honour and majesty. (104:2) Who coverest [thyself] with light as [with] a garment: who stretchest out the heavens like a curtain: (104:3) Who layeth the beams of his chambers in the waters: who maketh the clouds his chariot: who walketh upon the wings of the wind: (104:4) Who maketh his angels spirits; his ministers a flaming fire: (104:5) [Who] laid the foundations of the earth, [that] it should not be removed for ever. (104:6) Thou coveredst it with the deep as [with] a garment: the waters stood above the mountains. (104:7) At thy rebuke they fled; at the voice of thy thunder they hasted away. (104:8) They go up by the mountains; they go down by the valleys unto the place which thou hast founded for them. (104:9) Thou hast set a bound that they may not pass over; that they turn not again to cover the earth.

Instead of cheery-picking a single verse from a highly symbolic and figuration passage, read the verse within its CONTEXT and you won't have a problem.

Are the scriptures like that simply talking about the orbit and the fact we are travelling and spinning while flying millions of miles per hour on a path set by God that can't be moved?

You need to stop believing the false way in which those scriptures are being used.

Right Divider

Body part
The "immovable foundation" does NOT refer to "not moving".

The immovable foundation is NOT talking about cosmology or anything of the sort.This is an example of taking the scripture out of context.

Ps 93:1-5 (AKJV/PCE)
(93:1) The LORD reigneth, he is clothed with majesty; the LORD is clothed with strength, [wherewith] he hath girded himself: the world also is stablished, that it cannot be moved. (93:2) Thy throne [is] established of old: thou [art] from everlasting. (93:3) The floods have lifted up, O LORD, the floods have lifted up their voice; the floods lift up their waves. (93:4) The LORD on high [is] mightier than the noise of many waters, [yea, than] the mighty waves of the sea. (93:5) Thy testimonies are very sure: holiness becometh thine house, O LORD, for ever.

Note that right from the beginning of the first verse of this Psalm, figurative and poetic language is being used (clothed with majesty and strength). "Cannot be moved" is NOT trying to say that the world "is not moving" physically. The word used for "moved" is
mowt which means:
H4131 מוֹט mowt (mote) v.
1. to waver.
2. (by implication) to slip, shake, fall.
[a primitive root]
KJV: be carried, cast, be out of course, be fallen in decay, X exceedingly, fall(-ing down), be (re-)moved, be ready, shake, slide, slip.

It NOT about not "moving", it's about not "wavering, slipping, falling" etc.

Here are some other examples of how that same word is used in other places in the scripture:

Lev 25:35 (AKJV/PCE)
(25:35) ¶ And if thy brother be waxen poor, and fallen in decay with thee; then thou shalt relieve him: [yea, though he be] a stranger, or a sojourner; that he may live with thee.

Deut 32:35 (AKJV/PCE)
(32:35) To me [belongeth] vengeance, and recompence; their foot shall slide in [due] time: for the day of their calamity [is] at hand, and the things that shall come upon them make haste.

Ps 17:5 (AKJV/PCE)
(17:5) Hold up my goings in thy paths, [that] my footsteps slip not.

"not be removed" does NOT mean "not moving". Once again you're believing a false interpretation.

Ps 104:1-9 (AKJV/PCE)
(104:1) Bless the LORD, O my soul. O LORD my God, thou art very great; thou art clothed with honour and majesty. (104:2) Who coverest [thyself] with light as [with] a garment: who stretchest out the heavens like a curtain: (104:3) Who layeth the beams of his chambers in the waters: who maketh the clouds his chariot: who walketh upon the wings of the wind: (104:4) Who maketh his angels spirits; his ministers a flaming fire: (104:5) [Who] laid the foundations of the earth, [that] it should not be removed for ever. (104:6) Thou coveredst it with the deep as [with] a garment: the waters stood above the mountains. (104:7) At thy rebuke they fled; at the voice of thy thunder they hasted away. (104:8) They go up by the mountains; they go down by the valleys unto the place which thou hast founded for them. (104:9) Thou hast set a bound that they may not pass over; that they turn not again to cover the earth.

Instead of cheery-picking a single verse from a highly symbolic and figuration passage, read the verse within its CONTEXT and you won't have a problem.

You need to stop believing the false way in which those scriptures are being used.
cheery-picking -> cherry-picking. :wave2:

Right Divider

Body part
What do you think the waters above the firmament mean?
I'm not really sure, but it says that the firmament divided the waters (plural).

Later, it says what that firmament was called heaven.

Gen 1:6-8 (AKJV/PCE)
(1:6) ¶ And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters. (1:7) And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which [were] under the firmament from the waters which [were] above the firmament: and it was so. (1:8) And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day.

This heaven is probably referring to the physical heaven (above the earth).

Later, at the beginning of the great flood, it says that the "windows of heaven were opened".

Gen 7:12 (AKJV/PCE)
(7:11) ¶ In the six hundredth year of Noah's life, in the second month, the seventeenth day of the month, the same day were all the fountains of the great deep broken up, and the windows of heaven were opened. (7:12) And the rain was upon the earth forty days and forty nights.

It seems like the water from above the firmament was dumped on earth along with the "fountains of the deep".

Status
Not open for further replies.