The earth is flat and we never went to the moon

Status
Not open for further replies.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Instead of humans, lets use a block of steel.

Take a block of steel that has the same density throughout. Cut it into two different sized pieces.

Why does the larger block with the SAME density weight more?

The larger piece has more mass so it will weigh more.

--Dave

Right Divider

Body part
Space is filled with gravity means space and gravity are the same thing. I hope you are beginning to see the problem. If gravity is pulling all particles together then over time everything would become one large mass. And if gravity is pulling every particle together then why are some particles / planets moving away from each other? How can space be both pulling together and pushing away every particle in it? Do you see the contradiction?

Try to answer the question.

--Dave
Because gravity is not the only force in the universe Dave. Have you never heard of kinetic energy?

Also, according to your logic ... Since a cup is filled with water.... water and gravity are the same thing.

No, Dave space is not FILLED with gravity. Gravity is a force that works THROUGH space. Also note that space may not be as empty as once thought.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Because gravity is not the only force in the universe Dave. Have you never heard of kinetic energy?

Also, according to your logic ... Since a cup is filled with water.... water and gravity are the same thing.

No, Dave space is not FILLED with gravity. Gravity is a force that works THROUGH space. Also note that space may not be as empty as once thought.

You're missing the point. If gravity is everywhere in space pulling all things toward each other thing then what is keeping everything from becoming one big thing? What makes things come apart, and move away from each other?

When the Copernican heliocentric universe is accepted it follows that an explanation must be offered as to why the earth is spinning and orbiting the sun and everything on earth does not fly off into space.

What is gravity? We don't really know. We can define what it is as a field of influence, because we know how it operates in the universe. And some scientists think that it is made up of particles called gravitons which travel at the speed of light. However, if we are to be honest, we do not know what gravity "is" in any fundamental way - we only know how it behaves.

Here is what we do know...

Gravity is a force of attraction that exists between any two masses, any two bodies, any two particles. Gravity is not just the attraction between objects and the Earth. It is an attraction that exists between all objects, everywhere in the universe. Sir Isaac Newton (1642 -- 1727) discovered that a force is required to change the speed or direction of movement of an object. He also realized that the force called "gravity" must make an apple fall from a tree, or humans and animals live on the surface of our spinning planet without being flung off. Furthermore, he deduced that gravity forces exist between all objects.

The problem is we just don't see or experience everything being pulled toward each other. The law of thermodynamics and entropy states that over time things come apart. A heliocentric universe is incoherent and a self contradiction. Newton did not discover anything, he imagined a force that keeps an imagined heliocentric universe of spinning and moving planets from the chaos that would logically result. A flat and stationary earth produces a different set of factors and a different understanding as to what everything else is above us and how it all works.

--Dave

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Why we must have this debate

Every day, in every way, we all experience an earth we all live on that is flat (flat does not mean without land masses that are above sea level, or without mountains and valleys) and stationary with things that move on it and above it. We all see birds, planes, clouds, a sun, a moon, and stars that move across the sky above us. In contradiction to our God created senses we are taught that what we see and experience is not the truth. Or, is what we are being taught about a spinning planet orbiting the sun not the truth?

--Dave

WizardofOz

You're missing the point. If gravity is everywhere in space pulling all things toward each other thing then what is keeping everything from becoming one big thing? What makes things come apart, and move away from each other?

Velocity for one.

Gravity may pull things towards each other, but the result of this pull depends on the initial positions and velocities of those objects. If velocity of an object is high enough, it may escape the gravitational pull of another body and escape. Even if two objects collide, it does not mean that they merge with each other, they may just scatter from each other and stay separate.

Gravity may pull things towards each other, but the result of this pull depends on the initial positions and velocities of those objects. If velocity of an object is high enough, it may escape the gravitational pull of another body and escape. Even if two objects collide, it does not mean that they merge with each other, they may just scatter from each other and stay separate.

link

Right Divider

Body part
Dave, the LORD created objects and set them in motion. Where is the actual problem here?

When the Copernican heliocentric universe is accepted it follows that an explanation must be offered as to why the earth is spinning and orbiting the sun and everything on earth does not fly off into space.
And ... once again... regardless of whether the earth is spinning globe or a flat plate... we still see things fall to the ground. So the fact of gravity is NOT related to these two models for the earth. BOTH of these models require an explanation for why things fall down.

The problem is we just don't see or experience everything being pulled toward each other. The law of thermodynamics and entropy states that over time things come apart. A heliocentric universe is incoherent and a self contradiction. Newton did not discover anything, he imagined a force that keeps an imagined heliocentric universe of spinning and moving planets from the chaos that would logically result. A flat and stationary earth produces a different set of factors and a different understanding as to what everything else is above us and how it all works.

--Dave
You are imagining things. in BOTH models, there needs to be an explanation of why thing FALL DOWN. Your very of the flat earth model is missing this explanation.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Velocity for one.

link

Velocity is movement and gravity is about the direction of all movement of all particles and all planets and everything on a spinning planet. That direction is toward other particles and other planets, etc. and not away from everything else. We cannot have a universal law of physics that contradicts itself and be true.

--Dave

Right Divider

Body part
Velocity is movement and gravity is about the direction of all movement of all particles and all planets and everything on a spinning planet. That direction is toward other particles and other planets, etc. and not away from everything else. We cannot have a universal law of physics that contradicts itself and be true.

--Dave
How can you be so ignorant of the various forces in the universe Dave?

Gravity is a force that attracts matter together, but it is NOT the only force in the universe.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dave, the LORD created objects and set them in motion. Where is the actual problem here?

And ... once again... regardless of whether the earth is spinning globe or a flat plate... we still see things fall to the ground. So the fact of gravity is NOT related to these two models for the earth. BOTH of these models require an explanation for why things fall down.

You are imagining things. in BOTH models, there needs to be an explanation of why thing FALL DOWN. Your very of the flat earth model is missing this explanation.

The issue here is how do we know if the earth is flat and stationary as opposed to an earth that is a spinning globe. Gravity was an idea formed to explain the spinning globe. If someone had to explain why some things things on a flat stationary earth fall while other things float up into the sky they would not come up with gravity as Newton explained it.

--Dave

Right Divider

Body part
The issue here is how do we know if the earth is flat and stationary as opposed to an earth that is a spinning globe. Gravity was an idea formed to explain the spinning globe. If someone had to explain why some things things on a flat stationary earth fall while other things float up into the sky they would not come up with gravity as Newton explained it.

--Dave
Why do you keep repeating this lie, Dave?

Gravity was an explanation of why things fall down. It has nothing to do with a spinning globe.

WizardofOz

--Dave

What contradicts? Gravity is a force, velocity is just a way to measure movement, it is not a force itself. If you throw an object into the air, explain why it comes back down rather than infinitely follow it's upward trajectory.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Dave, question for you.

Did God create darkness?
Or did darkness come about as a result of God creating light?

I'll respond to the rest of your post that I'm quoting here when I get an answer to my question, along with the response you give me.[/QUOTE [MENTION=4980]DFT_Dave[/MENTION] I'm still waiting for an response to this.
Your "version".... why doesn't this thread allow editing a post?
It's probably because this thread is in the TOL Hall of Fame.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Dave, question for you.

Did God create darkness?

I'll respond to the rest of your post that I'm quoting here when I get an answer to my question, along with the response you give me.

[MENTION=4980]DFT_Dave[/MENTION] I'm still waiting for an response to this.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dave, question for you.

Did God create darkness?

I'll respond to the rest of your post that I'm quoting here when I get an answer to my question, along with the response you give me.[/QUOTE [MENTION=4980]DFT_Dave[/MENTION] I'm still waiting for an response to this.It's probably because this thread is in the TOL Hall of Fame.

"Why doesn't this thread allow editing a post?"

I don't why.

--Dave

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Why do you keep repeating this lie, Dave?

Gravity was an explanation of why things fall down. It has nothing to do with a spinning globe.

I gave you a few quotes on what gravity is. I didn't make them up. Look it up and see for yourself. Every quote I made was linked to its source.

--Dave

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
What contradicts? Gravity is a force, velocity is just a way to measure movement, it is not a force itself. If you throw an object into the air, explain why it comes back down rather than infinitely follow it's upward trajectory.

Things that are heavier than air come down, things that are lighter than air go up. There are things that float and things that sink in water.

Velocity is movement, and the speed of what is moving. Gravity is about the direction of things that move, regardless of how fast. Gravity is always moving everything toward something else and causes everything to come together. Yet, the law of thermodynamics and entropy state that things are moving or falling apart, moving away from each other.

Because we see that this understanding of gravity does not hold up in reality we have all these theories that are exceptions to the general rule. Simply put, that things fall to earth is not proof that the earth is a globe.

--Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.