Status
Not open for further replies.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Space is the immovable reference, the movement of the earth would be through immovable space.

How do you know that space itself isn't moving, Dave?

This is why the assumption is that there is no "absolute frame of reference."

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Space has not been used as a frame of reference at all in this discussion, Dave, because there's nothing to use AS a frame of reference.
In other words, [MENTION=4980]DFT_Dave[/MENTION], you can't use nothing as a frame of reference.

Right Divider

Body part
You want the speed of the earth and the speed of the atmosphere to be "0" mph while at the same time both moving at 700-1000 mph., the same speed.
Relative to the EARTH, the atmosphere OF THE EARTH is not moving much.

700-1000 mph does not equal 0 mph.
If two things are moving at the same speed and in the same direction, their speed RELATIVE to EACH OTHER is ZERO!!!

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
YOU are moving at approximately the SAME speed as the surface of the earth and the atmosphere.

So simple that a child can understand it, but not FE Dave.

We all move at different speeds in all directions.

The earth and atmosphere move at the same speed in one direction as if the earth is motionless.

The atmosphere is not motionless, but not moving in one direction at 700-1000 mph at all times.

Just how do we move freely about in any direction in an atmosphere that is moving at such a high speed?

--Dave

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
It proves EXACTLY THAT, Dave!

This a "proof by assertion" fallacy.

"The earth is not moving proves the earth is not moving."

Your arguments are anything BUT logical.

Relativity is logical. You just can't seem to understand it.

I don't need to prove what we all can simply observe and experience.

Relativity in morals means there are no morals.

Relativity in epistemology means there is no truth.

Relativity in physics means there is no ultimate reality.

rel·a·tiv·i·ty

1. the absence of standards of absolute and universal application. "moral relativity"

2. PHYSICS: the dependence of various physical phenomena on "relative motion of the observer" and the observed objects, especially regarding the nature and behavior of light, space, time, and gravity.

"What is the meaning of theory of relativity? A theory, formulated essentially by Albert Einstein, that all motion must be defined relative to a frame of reference and that space and time are relative, rather than absolute concepts: it consists of two principal parts."

Relativity is atheism, no absolutes, not rational.

--Dave

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If the particles/molecules in the atmosphere were moving with the earth they would not be slowed down anymore than the earth itself would be slowed down.
Could you elaborate? I'm not sure what you are saying. It sounds like you are saying if the wind were not blowing it wouldn't be moving.

The wind created this this movement would eventually shred everything everywhere.
Again, I don't understand what you are saying. The wind created this movement? What movement?

All I see are inconsistent and unbalanced analogies and examples given to explain that the earth is spinning and moving through space at high speeds even though we never actually experience it.

--Dave
I think you are trying to say that if the earth were spinning at 1000mph, then it would be zooming through the air at 1000mph. Like a car going through the air. Do I have that right?

chair

If all the particles/molecules in the atmosphere were moving with the earth they would be moving in one direction, the same direction as the earth's spin.

How could you move in any other direction?

When you say the speed is "0", that's not true. The speed being the same in one direction means both atmosphere and earth are moving at the same speed.

You all want the same speed to be no speed at all which is absurd.

--Dave

Dave, we've gone through this before. Two cars driving 100 mph on the same highway, same direction, are moving at 100 mph relative to the road, and are not moving relative to each other. It's straightforward, and it doesn't turn anybody into an atheist or whatever.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I don't need to prove what we all can simply observe and experience.

Relativity in morals means there are no morals.

Relativity in epistemology means there is no truth.

NEITHER OF THOSE HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH WHAT WE ARE TALKING ABOUT!

You're trying to equivocate, Dave.

Relativity in physics means there is no ultimate reality.

Why?

Saying it doesn't make it so, Dave.

rel·a·tiv·i·ty

1. the absence of standards of absolute and universal application. "moral relativity"

WHICH HAS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH WHAT WE'RE TALKING ABOUT!

2. PHYSICS: the dependence of various physical phenomena on "relative motion of the observer" and the observed objects, especially regarding the nature and behavior of light, space, time, and gravity.

If you and I are standing on opposite sides of a highway, facing each other, and a car passes between us, to you, the car is moving right to left, but to me, the car is moving left to right. Both are correct, but completely opposite directions.

Why are both correct? BECAUSE TWO DIFFERENT FRAMES OF REFERENCE ARE BEING USED!

BOTH are reality.

"What is the meaning of theory of relativity? A theory, formulated essentially by Albert Einstein, that all motion must be defined relative to a frame of reference and that space and time are relative, rather than absolute concepts: it consists of two principal parts."

Which, once again, has absolutely NOTHING TO DO with what we are talking about!

Relativity is atheism, no absolutes, not rational.

--Dave

Equivocation.

We are not talking about moral relativity, or the theory of relativity.

We are talking about relative motion.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

Yes, relative to the earth.

Relative to the sun, there's not much difference between our motion and the earth's motion.

The earth and atmosphere move at the same speed in one direction as if the earth is motionless.

USING THE EARTH AS A FRAME OF REFERENCE TO DESCRIBE THE EARTH'S MOTION WILL ALWAYS RESULT IN THE EARTH'S MOTION BEING ZERO!

By definition, you CANNOT describe motion of an object without using an EXTERNAL frame of reference.

The atmosphere is not motionless,

It is motionless relative to the earth.

but not moving in one direction at 700-1000 mph at all times.

Relative to WHAT EXTERNAL FRAME OF REFERENCE, DAVE?

Just how do we move freely about in any direction in an atmosphere

I literally just answered this, Dave.

The atmosphere is a fluid, not a solid.

The highest recorded surface wind speed was 231 mph, on the top of a mountain in 1934, and I'll bet you it wasn't in the opposite direction of the earth's spin.

Which means that the atmosphere, ignoring air currents and wind for a moment, as a whole is rotating with the earth at the same speed.

It's relative motion to the earth is zero (or very close to zero). That's using THE EARTH'S AXIS OF SPIN as a frame of reference.

that is moving at such a high speed?

--Dave

Relative to what, Dave? If you say the earth, I'm going to, once again, point you to the record for the highest surface wind speed as being less than a third of the number you keep throwing into this conversation to try an throw people off.

If you say the sun, I'm going to point out that just as relative to the sun, we are moving in about the same speed and direction as the wind.

You're trying to introduce a contradiction that simply isn't there, Dave.

By using two completely arbitrary frames of reference to try to show a contradiction in our position, you completely defeat your own position, because you have, by definition, acknowledged the premise of our position.

Right Divider

Body part
Come on Dave, you just being dishonest here.

GENERALLY SPEAKING we all move at the same speed as the surface of the earth on which we stand/sit. Yes, we can move RELATIVE to that.

Once AGAIN, you attempt to use the EARTH as your REFERENCE to determine the movement of the EARTH.

You are dishonest or dumb, take your pick.

The atmosphere is not motionless, but not moving in one direction at 700-1000 mph at all times.
Dishonest Dave, hard at work.

The atmosphere is GENERALLY moving along with the surface of the earth.

What we call WIND is the DIFFERENCE between the motion of the rotating surface of the earth and the atmosphere.

Just how do we move freely about in any direction in an atmosphere that is moving at such a high speed?

--Dave
Because we are ALSO moving at "such a high speed".

Dave, are you just dumb or are you dishonest?

newbirth61

BANNED
Banned
Yet we do not live on a model... The idea of a model is begging the question that the earth is of a particular shape. Anyway to assume that the earth is a sphere one must at the same time assume that the earth is spinning in space which is a vacuum. How can we have air pressure existing next to a vacuum of space. The air will disperse into the vacuum and we will all die

newbirth61

BANNED
Banned
Yet we do not live on a model... The idea of a model is begging the question that the earth is of a particular shape. Anyway to assume that the earth is a sphere one must at the same time assume that the earth is spinning in space which is a vacuum. How can we have air pressure existing next to a vacuum of space. The air will disperse into the vacuum and we will all die

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Which gravity??https://www.livescience.com/37115-what-is-gravity.html gravity is a force.
Or the gravity that is not a force.Gravity is most accurately described by the general theory of relativity (proposed by Albert Einstein in 1915) which describes gravity not as a force, but as a consequence of the curvature of spacetime caused by the uneven distribution of mass.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org › wiki
Gravity: the force that attracts a body toward the center of the earth, or toward any other physical body having mass.

newbirth61

BANNED
Banned
Gravity: the force that attracts a body toward the center of the earth, or toward any other physical body having mass.
Seriously??? Are you trying to explain gravity to me when science can't explain it...https://curiosity.com/topics/believe-it-or-not-science-still-cant-explain-gravity-curiosity/

https://www.scienceabc.com/eyeopeners/why-gravity-is-not-a-force-that-pulls.html

This is not to say that I support either claim,it is to show the they don't have a clue about what they are speaking.
Which means that gravity does not exist...it is a mental construct to explain what is not understood

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Seriously??? Are you trying to explain gravity to me when science can't explain

I'll ignore the bait and switch you just tried to pull for a moment so we can have a polite and reasonable discussion.

No, I'm simply defining it because you asked for a definition of gravity. I'm not claiming to know the fundamentals of what causes gravity to work. I'm simply telling you that we have a general understanding of what it does.

Which means that gravity does not exist...it is a mental construct to explain what is not understood

Do you deny the existence of everything that humanity doesn't have a complete understanding of?

We see the effects of gravity, we can measure those effects, why does that mean that gravity doesn't exist?

If you hold a ball up in the air and then let go, what happens? It falls, right?

If you drop it a second time at the same height, does it fall at the same rate and for the same amount of time?

So what do we call the force acting upon the ball which causes it to move in a downward direction?

Gravity.

Just because we don't understand how something works doesn't mean we can then logically deny it's existence, let alone know what it does.

Status
Not open for further replies.