The earth is flat and we never went to the moon--Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Then how far away is it, Dave?

That's something YOU need to provide.

How far away, how big, and many other questions which YOU REFUSE TO ANSWER!

Clete just showed you ABSOLUTE PROOF that the earth couldn't be flat, and you COMPLETELY IGNORED IT!!!

Clete's argument is not absolute proof and does not incorporate perspective.

--Dave

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
What irks me is that the entire time we've used 3000 miles for the flat earth model, NOT ONCE have you said that it was incorrect or unreliable.

Why now? Why all of a sudden do you imply that "3000 miles" is not the typical number used for the flat earth model?

https://theologyonline.com/showthread.php?p=5184070

PJ seemed to think it was, and that the sun was 32 miles in diameter.

Clete has now shown you that NEITHER of those numbers work for the model, and that to get the results we see in reality, the numbers would be so extreme as to be illogical at best.

So Dave, Here's your chance:

Provide us with the size and distance of the sun from the earth. Even if there isn't a standard one that your average flat earther uses. Just throw us some numbers that you think would solve the perspective issue.

I have said a number of times that the height and size of the sun would comply with perspective.

--Dave

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Here we see see more clearly the flat straight horizon, a small close sun moving over a motionless earth.

--Dave

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

In this video we see the sun come out of the horizon at the 1:42:00 mark of this video.

See how tiny that sun is in the distance then compare it to how much larger it is when it's close in the other videos.

Here is visual proof that the sun changes size in relation to perspective of a flat earth.

The sun appears to be moving over a flat earth, yet we are supposed to believe that the earth is moving and the balloon is being pulled with it, although this is not what we see.

--Dave

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame

In this video we see the sun come out of the horizon at the 1:42:00 mark of this video.

See how tiny that sun is in the distance then compare it to how much larger it is when it's close in the other videos.

Here is visual proof that the sun changes size in relation to perspective of a flat earth.

--Dave
No Dave, this is not proof. Proof is for you to go get a piece of welding glass and mark with width of the sun on the glass every hour for a day. Proof is doing this one day per month for a year. Proof is taking pictures of your markings and the sun that clearly show the sun changes size according to the laws of perspective. Quit posting videos and go outside and DO something!

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Same story over and over.

From high altitude we see a flat straight horizon, fish eye distortion of a curve is well known.

We see an immovable earth with moving small close sun with bright hot spot directly underneath it.

But we're all crazy lunatics if we don't we don't accept the opposite of what we see.

--Dave

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

Same story over and over.

From high altitude we see a flat straight horizon, fish eye distortion of a curve is well known.

We see an immovable earth with moving small close sun with bright hot spot directly underneath it.

But we're all crazy lunatics if we don't we don't accept the opposite of what we see.

--Dave
Curved horizon, non-fish-eye lens.

Credit: NASA
16c47deaf3dd8489906513705611bcb5.jpg

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
In review

A flat motionless earth with flat straight horizons is seen:

1. From everywhere on earth

2. From all high altitude balloons

Flat motionless earth is the cosmology of:

1. All ancient cultures up to the beginning of Greek philosophy

2. The Bible taken literally from beginning to end

That the earth is motionless was proven by experiments with light in the 1800's by the:

1. Michelson–Morley experiment

2. Michelson–Gale–Pearson experiment

3. Sagnac experiment

The modern flat earth movement has emerged because of:

1. The Nikon P900 camera showing us what should be hidden by the curved earth

2. The internet/you-tube where anyone can see presentations for flat earth

3. The failure of NASA to get back to the moon and evidence that we never went there in the first place

--Dave

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
That the earth is motionless was proven by experiments with light in the 1800's by the Michelson–Morley experiment.
M&M returned an Earth orbital velocity of 8 kilometers per second.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
I never said the earth was 3,000 miles away, and I have not seen that that is the standard for flat earth.

Everything we see in the sky above us will move downward to the horizon in perspective, the way we see everything regardless of how high it is.

Perspective is based on plane/flat geometry that calculates parallel planes in perspective will meet at a distant horizon at our eye level we cannot see beyond. That's reality not just art.

The sun would have to be at a distance that complies with this reality.

--Dave
Not one single word of this is at all relevant to the argument, David.

I am really starting to think that you are in fact stupid.

I don't care how far away the FET thinks the Sun is! It can't be two different distances away at the same time, you blithering idiot!

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Clete's argument is not absolute proof and does not incorporate perspective.

--Dave

Perspective is not relevant to the argument and it is 1000% total proof that the Earth CANNOT be flat - period.

There are two and only two avenues of attack against the argument.

You can challenge the veracity of the data we (i.e. people participating in this thread) collected.

You can challenge the veracity of the Pythagorean Theorem.

Until that is done, any arguments about the idea that the Bible teaches a flat Earth is an argument that the Bible is false.

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
In review

A flat motionless earth with flat straight horizons is seen:

1. From everywhere on earth

2. From all high altitude balloons

Flat motionless earth is the cosmology of:

1. All ancient cultures up to the beginning of Greek philosophy

2. The Bible taken literally from beginning to end

That the earth is motionless was proven by experiments with light in the 1800's by the:

1. Michelson–Morley experiment

2. Michelson–Gale–Pearson experiment

3. Sagnac experiment

The modern flat earth movement has emerged because of:

1. The Nikon P900 camera showing us what should be hidden by the curved earth

2. The internet/you-tube where anyone can see presentations for flat earth

3. The failure of NASA to get back to the moon and evidence that we never went there in the first place

--Dave
I had been engaging you logically with no name calling on some of these very topics, and you ignored me. It wasn't a very nice thing to do to treat someone like that who was respecting the conversation.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I had been engaging you logically with no name calling on some of these very topics, and you ignored me. It wasn't a very nice thing to do to treat someone like that who was respecting the conversation.

I have been back to work lately and not had time to post as much as I would like so I have to focus on one argument, or the line of argument, that focuses on the horizon.

--Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.