The Doctrines of Election, Grace, and God's Sovereignty. What are they?

genuineoriginal

The elect that Peter is speaking to was Israel. I understand that you prefer Churchianity over truth.

These are the elect to whom Peter was writing:

Isa 45:4 (AKJV/PCE)
(45:4) For Jacob my servant's sake, and Israel mine elect, I have even called thee by thy name: I have surnamed thee, though thou hast not known me.

Peter and Paul are brothers, that does NOT means that God gave them identical callings.
You do harm to everyone that believes your contention that Peter was not written to believing Christians.

genuineoriginal

Nonsense. It's clear who Peter and James (and John and Jude and the author of Hebrews) are writing to and it is YOU and your confusion that harm people with a false understanding.
It is clear that Peter, James, John, Jude, and the author of Hebrews were writing to the same Christians that Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John were written to.

You seem to have rejected Christian history and replaced it with some strange fantasy that Paul is the only writer in the New Testament to listen to, and then you reject most of what Paul wrote as well.

Right Divider

Body part
It is clear that Peter, James, John, Jude, and the author of Hebrews were writing to the same Christians that Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John were written to.
For once in your life you are correct.

Those are ALL writing about God's dealings to and through Israel.

You seem to have rejected Christian history and replaced it with some strange fantasy that Paul is the only writer in the New Testament to listen to, and then you reject most of what Paul wrote as well.
Paul is the apostle of the gentiles, as scripture plainly says.

They, Peter and John (and the other 10), were NOT the apostle of the gentiles. They are the TWELVE apostles for the TWELVE tribes of Israel. According to the LORD Jesus Christ THEY will be sitting on TWELVE thrones judging the TWELVE tribes of Israel.Why don't you believe the Bible?

James makes it CRYSTAL clear who he is writing to, but you have boat load of excuses why he isn't.

Jas 1:1 (AKJV/PCE)
(1:1) James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, to the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad, greeting.

Stay confused, you seem to like it.

genuineoriginal

Paul is the apostle of the gentiles, as scripture plainly says.
You need to find out what Paul preached, as written by Luke in the book of Acts.

Acts 28:18-31
18 Who, when they had examined me, would have let me go, because there was no cause of death in me.
19 But when the Jews spake against it, I was constrained to appeal unto Caesar; not that I had ought to accuse my nation of.
20 For this cause therefore have I called for you, to see you, and to speak with you: because that for the hope of Israel I am bound with this chain.
21 And they said unto him, We neither received letters out of Judaea concerning thee, neither any of the brethren that came shewed or spake any harm of thee.
22 But we desire to hear of thee what thou thinkest: for as concerning this sect, we know that every where it is spoken against.
23 And when they had appointed him a day, there came many to him into his lodging; to whom he expounded and testified the kingdom of God, persuading them concerning Jesus, both out of the law of Moses, and out of the prophets, from morning till evening.
24 And some believed the things which were spoken, and some believed not.
25 And when they agreed not among themselves, they departed, after that Paul had spoken one word, Well spake the Holy Ghost by Esaias the prophet unto our fathers,
26 Saying, Go unto this people, and say, Hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and not perceive:
27 For the heart of this people is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes have they closed; lest they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.
28 Be it known therefore unto you, that the salvation of God is sent unto the Gentiles, and that they will hear it.
29 And when he had said these words, the Jews departed, and had great reasoning among themselves.
30 And Paul dwelt two whole years in his own hired house, and received all that came in unto him,
31 Preaching the kingdom of God, and teaching those things which concern the Lord Jesus Christ, with all confidence, no man forbidding him.​

Stay confused, you seem to like it.
Peter wrote to the same Christians Paul wrote to.
Most of the people that read Paul do not understand him.

2 Peter 3:14-16
14 Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless.
15 And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;
16 As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.

Everything you claim about Paul's gospel is a result of wresting Paul's writings unto your own destruction.

Right Divider

Body part
You need to find out what Paul preached, as written by Luke in the book of Acts.

Acts 28:18-31
18 Who, when they had examined me, would have let me go, because there was no cause of death in me.
19 But when the Jews spake against it, I was constrained to appeal unto Caesar; not that I had ought to accuse my nation of.
20 For this cause therefore have I called for you, to see you, and to speak with you: because that for the hope of Israel I am bound with this chain.
21 And they said unto him, We neither received letters out of Judaea concerning thee, neither any of the brethren that came shewed or spake any harm of thee.
22 But we desire to hear of thee what thou thinkest: for as concerning this sect, we know that every where it is spoken against.
23 And when they had appointed him a day, there came many to him into his lodging; to whom he expounded and testified the kingdom of God, persuading them concerning Jesus, both out of the law of Moses, and out of the prophets, from morning till evening.
24 And some believed the things which were spoken, and some believed not.
25 And when they agreed not among themselves, they departed, after that Paul had spoken one word, Well spake the Holy Ghost by Esaias the prophet unto our fathers,
26 Saying, Go unto this people, and say, Hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and not perceive:
27 For the heart of this people is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes have they closed; lest they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.
28 Be it known therefore unto you, that the salvation of God is sent unto the Gentiles, and that they will hear it.
29 And when he had said these words, the Jews departed, and had great reasoning among themselves.
30 And Paul dwelt two whole years in his own hired house, and received all that came in unto him,
31 Preaching the kingdom of God, and teaching those things which concern the Lord Jesus Christ, with all confidence, no man forbidding him.​

Consider WHO Paul was talking to in Acts 28

Acts 28:17 (AKJV/PCE)
(28:17) And it came to pass, that after three days Paul called the chief of the Jews together: and when they were come together, he said unto them, Men [and] brethren, though I have committed nothing against the people, or customs of our fathers, yet was I delivered prisoner from Jerusalem into the hands of the Romans.

The kingdom of God includes BOTH the kingdom of Israel on the EARTH and the body of Christ in HEAVEN.

It's so simple that the child can understand it.

Peter wrote to the same Christians Paul wrote to.
Most of the people that read Paul do not understand him.

2 Peter 3:14-16
14 Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless.
15 And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;
16 As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.

Peter said that some of Paul's writings were hard to understand. That was because of the UNIQUE revelation given to PAUL.

Everything you claim about Paul's gospel is a result of wresting Paul's writings unto your own destruction.
You have it exactly backwards.

genuineoriginal

The kingdom of God includes BOTH the kingdom of Israel on the EARTH and the body of Christ in HEAVEN.
The body of Christ is not going to be in heaven while Jesus rules His kingdom on EARTH.

It's so simple that the child can understand it.
These are the same children that also believe in Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny because their parents told them lies about them?

Peter said that some of Paul's writings were hard to understand. That was because of the UNIQUE revelation given to PAUL.
You have it exactly backwards.
No, you have it exactly backwards when you distort Paul's writings into a claim of a separate group of people that can have a momentary belief that makes them forever immune to the consequences of any sin they might commit for the rest of their lives, while God is imposing the harshest penalties to His elect for their constant disobedience to His commands.

Right Divider

Body part
The body of Christ is not going to be in heaven while Jesus rules His kingdom on EARTH.
The body of Christ is already seated in heavenly places, per scripture.

These are the same children that also believe in Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny because their parents told them lies about them?
Those children are you.

No, you have it exactly backwards when you distort Paul's writings into a claim of a separate group of people that can have a momentary belief that makes them forever immune to the consequences of any sin they might commit for the rest of their lives, while God is imposing the harshest penalties to His elect for their constant disobedience to His commands.
Your confusion is immense. Keep up the good work.

I've always noticed that those that are not saved by grace through faith are always so jealous of those that are.

Last edited:

genuineoriginal

The body of Christ is already seated in heavenly places, per scripture.
I guess that means you are not part of the body of Christ.

I've always noticed that those that are not saved by grace through faith are always so jealous of those that are.
I have noticed that those that don't understand what Grace is and how much your faith plays a factor in your salvation are always putting down those that truly understand the scriptures.

Right Divider

Body part
I guess that means you are not part of the body of Christ.
You guess wrong.... you're good at that.

I have noticed that those that don't understand what Grace is and how much your faith plays a factor in your salvation are always putting down those that truly understand the scriptures.
If you understood to the scriptures, you'd have known WHO Paul was talking to in Acts 28 and WHO James was writing to in James 1:1.

genuineoriginal

Some of the DOCTRINES are incompatible. But you have no clue as to why or even what they are.
I know that the doctrines of men called Dispensationalism is incompatible with the truths of the Bible.
You don't have a clue why.
Also, this thread was about Reformed theology, which is the father of Dispensationalism.

Right Divider

Body part
I know that the doctrines of men called Dispensationalism is incompatible with the truths of the Bible.
You don't have a clue why.
Also, this thread was about Reformed theology, which is the father of Dispensationalism.
:rotfl:You are HILARIOUS!

This thread is NOT about Reformed theology and was started by someone that is definitely NOT "reformed" in his "theology".

The "father of Dispensationalism"? .... that's rich irony there (and completely incorrect).

P.S. Pick your favorite incompatibility and start a new thread. I'm sure that you'll pick your favorite STRAW-MAN.

genuineoriginal

This thread is NOT about Reformed theology
Those doctrines are the basis of Reformed Theology.
Maybe you should read up on what T.U.L.I.P. is about.
Or ask Ask Mr. Religion, since he is an expert on the Doctrines of Election, Grace, and God's Sovereignty from the Calvinist/Reformed perspective.

and was started by someone that is definitely NOT "reformed" in his "theology".
The person starting this thread is not Reformed, but the question is about the core beliefs of Reformed Theology.

Right Divider

Body part
Those doctrines are the basis of Reformed Theology.
Utter BIASED nonsense on your part.

Those doctrines from the the BIBLE and GOD and NOT your preferred man-made religious idolatry.

Maybe you should read up on what T.U.L.I.P. is about.
I'm already familiar enough with that false doctrine.

The person starting this thread is not Reformed, but the question is about the core beliefs of Reformed Theology.
Only from your SELF-CENTERED view of the subject.

genuineoriginal

Utter BIASED nonsense on your part.
Those doctrines from the the BIBLE and GOD and NOT your preferred man-made religious idolatry.
I'm already familiar enough with that false doctrine.
Only from your SELF-CENTERED view of the subject.
I believe both Reformed Theology and Dispensationalism are false doctrines.
If you look at the practices of the believers of each group, the Reformed come out ahead, since they condemn Antinomianism instead of promoting it the way that a lot of Dispensationalists do when getting into the details of OSAS.

genuineoriginal

Your complete lack of Biblical understanding is not unusual.
I have a good understanding of the Bible.
Because of that, I do not hack it to pieces like the Dispensationalists that think they are "rightly dividing" it.
You need to cut a straight path through the word of truth instead of trying to see what you can claim is not relevant to you because of your false beliefs.

Hawkins

Chamishi, Fifth. The Third Month The Seventeenth Day. Yom, Day.

I am a Jew. I have said that I am a former Christian. I do not believe in predestination to heaven, once saved always saved, or that you can lose your salvation.

God's Elect are those with their IDs (names) written in the Book of Life of the Lamb before creation. It means that God knows who is who even before creation.

However the scenario is, if your mayor and only your mayor knows that you are a criminal then he puts you to jail. Then what says you? A lawful and fair realm doesn't operate this way. All you need is an open and fair judgment by an assigned judge and a group of juries. You will be judged in accordance to law instead of the knowledge of your mayor.

Similarly, earth is for such a fair and open and well-witnessed judgment, even though God knows before hand who is who.

Predestination means some of us are predestined in a way that who we are will be fully shown and displayed by the choices we make. This process can be witnessed by the angels, by the saints such as Moses (the accuser of the Jews). This process process can also be witnessed by Satan (and possibly his angels).

Revelation 12:10 (NIV2011)
Then I heard a loud voice in heaven say: “Now have come the salvation and the power and the kingdom of our God, and the authority of his Messiah. For the accuser of our brothers and sisters, who accuses them before our God day and night, has been hurled down.