The Dilemma of the Geological Layers and their Fossil Contents

Jukia

Because if you put all the components that make a DNA in the same place, they won't stick together and make a DNA spontaniously. IF it did, there would have to be a violation of the 2nd law somewhere.

Yeah, so what? What is your issue?

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Because if you put all the components that make a DNA in the same place, they won't stick together and make a DNA spontaniously. IF it did, there would have to be a violation of the 2nd law somewhere.

You think that's how it formed? No wonder you hate biology. You don't even know how it works.

Meantime, I'm asking you again, to show us the numbers for your argument that the 2nd LOT denies the formation of DNA. As you're probably realizing at this point, it's just a dodge other fools use to try to sound learned. In fact, we have directly observed how DNA molecules increase, with no observable magic at all.

Get it now? I'm only stating the natural state of molecules at this point.

We get it. You're completely ignorant of molecular biology, and you hoped to impress us with your "big scientific words."

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Isn't that the pot calling the kettle black?

Let me get this straight. Because you found the analogy with google it must be a good analogy?

It was a poor analogy because you did not specify whether the turtle was dead or alive. Other than that you still post responses that certainly demonstrate that you had a frontal labotomy.
No, I asked you to Google it because it has a general understood meaning. You appeared to not know that so I was showing you where the information was. But by your response, you did know about it but you are trying to be stupid. When you want to discuss on topic let me know.

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You think that's how it formed? No wonder you hate biology. You don't even know how it works.

Meantime, I'm asking you again, to show us the numbers for your argument that the 2nd LOT denies the formation of DNA. As you're probably realizing at this point, it's just a dodge other fools use to try to sound learned. In fact, we have directly observed how DNA molecules increase, with no observable magic at all.

We get it. You're completely ignorant of molecular biology, and you hoped to impress us with your "big scientific words."
Now, I said that if if you put all the components that make a DNA in the same place, they won't stick together and make a DNA spontaniously. And you called me ignorant. So you must think that if you put all the components that make a DNA in the same place, they will stick together and make a DNA spontaniously? You can't be that stupid! Try again, but read more carefully next time.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Now, I said that if if you put all the components that make a DNA in the same place, they won't stick together and make a DNA spontaniously. And you called me ignorant.

That would be the kindest possible interpretation. If you think that's what science says about it, "ignorant" certainly applies. BTW, you forgot again, to show us how the 2nd LOT rules out formation of DNA. We'd like to see the numbers on that.

So you must think that if you put all the components that make a DNA in the same place, they will stick together and make a DNA spontaniously?

Either you're consciously working a strawman long after everyone else has discarded it, or you're ignorant to a degree rarely seen these days.

You can't be that stupid!

Yorzhik, no one here is that stupid. Learn what molecular biology actually says about the issue, and you'll realize why everyone is laughing at you.

Ecumenicist

Back to the subject, how about the "big galactic tongue" theory?

The earth is a giant jawbreaker, formed in layers for the edification of the "big galactic
tongue," a silicon based life form that enjoys sedimentary deposits. We're almost completly
formed. Watch out!

noguru

That would be the kindest possible interpretation. If you think that's what science says about it, "ignorant" certainly applies. BTW, you forgot again, to show us how the 2nd LOT rules out formation of DNA. We'd like to see the numbers on that.

Either you're consciously working a strawman long after everyone else has discarded it, or you're ignorant to a degree rarely seen these days.

Yorzhik, no one here is that stupid. Learn what molecular biology actually says about the issue, and you'll realize why everyone is laughing at you.

Yorshik cannot help it. He is missing his frontal lobe.

noguru

No, I asked you to Google it because it has a general understood meaning. You appeared to not know that so I was showing you where the information was. But by your response, you did know about it but you are trying to be stupid. When you want to discuss on topic let me know.

I understand what you were trying to do, and I understand the analogy. It is a poor analogy. When is the last time you actually saw a turtle sitting on a fence post? Have you ever put a turtle on a fence post? I have, and this analogy is faulty. If the turtle was dead it might remain on the fence post. And yes it might have gotten there through natural causes. If it were alive then we would have to consider its size in understanding how quickly it would get off the fence post?

Do you believe everything you find on the internet?

Last edited:

noguru

Back to the OP. Just how extensive is the KT boundary?

USGS Findings

Meteor Predates KT Boundary - a PDF that is readable at 100% defaults to 45%.

BBC publication on K-T event

What I gather from this is that the clay layer containing the iridium is found throughout the world. Below that layer we find an abundance of dinosaurs and associated other fossils. Above this layer the dinosaur fossils become very scarse. Also above this layer they find an abundance of fossilized types of pollen that are not found below.

Newer findings call into question what was once thought to be the cause of the extinction. But it is obvious that some major catastophe did cause this extinction.

Last edited:

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I would only be referencing how extensive the KT boundary is at this point. It appears to be worldwide. Is it 1/4 inch thick clay all over the world? Or is it different in some places like: not clay or substantial differences in thickness of the clay.

bob b

Science Lover
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
USGS Findings

Meteor Predates KT Boundary - a PDF that is readable at 100% defaults to 45%.

BBC publication on K-T event

What I gather from this is that the clay layer containing the iridium is found throughout the world. Below that layer we find an abundance of dinosaurs and associated other fossils. Above this layer the dinosaur fossils become very scarse. Also above this layer they find an abundance of fossilized types of pollen that are not found below.

Newer findings call into question what was once thought to be the cause of the extinction. But it is obvious that some major catastophe did cause this extinction.

I vote for events associated with a worldwide flood. ;)

noguru

I vote for events associated with a worldwide flood. ;)

Ar you claiming that this layer of claystone that old earthers associate with the K-T event actually marks a layer deposited by a global flood? If so why does an abundance of dinosaur fossils appear below the layer and not above? And why is it that there are many different types of fossilized pollen that are found above the layer but not below? What stoppd the pollen from being deposited with the dinosaurs?

bob b

Science Lover
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Ar you claiming that this layer of claystone that old earthers associate with the K-T event actually marks a layer deposited by a global flood? If so why does an abundance of dinosaur fossils appear below the layer and not above? And why is it that there are many different types of fossilized pollen that are found above the layer but not below? What stoppd the pollen from being deposited with the dinosaurs?

I said only: "I vote for events associated with a worldwide flood."

If you care to misunderstand what that means that is your problem, not mine.

The request you did not answer completely was essentially how globally distributed
is the K-T layer?

The alternative scientific theory is that the K-T layer was laid down by an unusual period of intense volcanic activity, but the meteor collision theory currently seems to be the majority view.

noguru

I said only: "I vote for events associated with a worldwide flood."

If you care to misunderstand what that means that is your problem, not mine.

No I don't care to misunderstand you. I was trying to get you to explain in more detail how you feel this evidence supports your model of a worldwide flood so that I don't misunderstand you. But if you prefer to be evasive there is nothing I can do about that.

The request you did not answer completely was essentially how globally distributed
is the K-T layer?

He asked if it was global. I posted links from reliable sources claiming that it is. I know they have found the claystone layer associated with this K-T event in North America, South America, Europe, Africa and in New Zealand. That seems to fit the bill for the claim of global. Are you saying that because excavations have not been done on every acre of land on every continent that it is not global enough?

Now if you are referring to Yorzhik's last question regarding the depth of this layer, I am trying to find more data on this. I know that in Colorado/New Mexico it is between .5 and 1 inch. I have not found if this range is consistent throughout the globe. Perhaps you can help by doing a little research yourself.

The alternative scientific theory is that the K-T layer was laid down by an unusual period of intense volcanic activity, but the meteor collision theory currently seems to be the majority view.

I know what the existing theories are. I also posted a link that dates the metoer impact in Chixillub to 300,000 years before the dates they have for the K-T event. This study was published at the beginning of this year. That is why I explained that some newer evidence suggests that this meteor impact may not have been the cause.

Last edited:

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Is there any evidence of surface erosion on the KT boundary? Land animal intrusion?

bob b

Science Lover
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
No I don't care to misunderstand you. I was trying to get you to explain in more detail how you feel this evidence supports your model of a worldwide flood so that I don't misunderstand you. But if you prefer to be evasive there is nothing I can do about that.

I already mentioned the alternative scientific theory in an earlier post.

Originally Posted by bob b

I thought it obvious that a major event like a global flood could trigger periods of intense volcanic activity, either part way through or afterwards or perhaps even both.