The Dilemma of the Geological Layers and their Fossil Contents

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Micheal Behe, when he admitted that "intelligent design" was a scientific theory in the same sense that astrology is, pretty much cut the supports out from under his fellow IDers.

The brief wasn't the problem. It was the revelation that ID is in fact a superstition, not a science.

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Wow this post pretty much died when a common sense question was asked.
The flood happened about 4000 years ago. Dating methods, as demonstrated both by Egypt and Jericho, show difficulties in their exactness.

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Ah, I see. When did you make the switch?
It was a few years ago when my father, a biologist, pointed out how the DNA molecule was a high energy molecule. Do you realize how big that molecule is? Even in its simplest form? It's freaking way-out high energy before you even start to think about making it do "life". Putting together a DNA molecule either takes repeated time critical energy saving cycles (hundreds/thousands (millions most likely) of cycles), or it violates the 2nd law of Thermodynamics to create. That's so preposterous in a natural environment that even if you don't accept creation you must, must, must, at least be an honest scientist and admit that the current evolution model (proto-cell to human) is wrong.

And I when I mean wrong, I mean wacky insane wrong. Not just "well, there might be a chance it could be wrong" wrong, but "holy crap I can't believe I used to believe that" wrong.

Mr Jack

It was a few years ago when my father, a biologist, pointed out how the DNA molecule was a high energy molecule. Do you realize how big that molecule is? Even in its simplest form? It's freaking way-out high energy before you even start to think about making it do "life". Putting together a DNA molecule either takes repeated time critical energy saving cycles (hundreds/thousands (millions most likely) of cycles), or it violates the 2nd law of Thermodynamics to create. That's so preposterous in a natural environment that even if you don't accept creation you must, must, must, at least be an honest scientist and admit that the current evolution model (proto-cell to human) is wrong.
And, yet, right now, by entirely naturalistic processes your body is making masses of the stuff.

DoogieTalons

BANNED
Banned
The flood happened about 4000 years ago. Dating methods, as demonstrated both by Egypt and Jericho, show difficulties in their exactness.
So if it cxould be proven that the Chinese existed before 4000 years then the flood would simply be bogus yes ?

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Putting together a DNA molecule either takes repeated time critical energy saving cycles (hundreds/thousands (millions most likely) of cycles), or it violates the 2nd law of Thermodynamics to create.

It happens hundreds of millions of times in your body every day. Thermodynamics doesn't seem to mind.

But I'm sure we'd all like to see your thermodynamics calculations, showing otherwise. I'm assuming you know how to apply the second law, showing that gene duplication (the most common means of lengthening the DNA molecule) violates the 2nd LOT.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Evolutionists love to talk about the "results of evolution" when pondering origins and origins when looking at what we see today...

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
So if it cxould be proven that the Chinese existed before 4000 years then the flood would simply be bogus yes ?
It would certainly be evidence against the idea of a global flood, yes.

Do you happen to know if the KT boundry is under China?

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
And, yet, right now, by entirely naturalistic processes your body is making masses of the stuff.
Yes, complicated machines store energy to be used at a later time (a specific later time actually) to accomplish this. That's my point.

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It happens hundreds of millions of times in your body every day. Thermodynamics doesn't seem to mind.

But I'm sure we'd all like to see your thermodynamics calculations, showing otherwise. I'm assuming you know how to apply the second law, showing that gene duplication (the most common means of lengthening the DNA molecule) violates the 2nd LOT.
Look up the conjunction "or" and how it is used in the English language.

SUTG

Putting together a DNA molecule either takes repeated time critical energy saving cycles (hundreds/thousands (millions most likely) of cycles), or it violates the 2nd law of Thermodynamics to create.

What does this even mean?

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
What does this even mean?
There are two ways to create a DNA molecule. One way is a number of steps where energy is saved for a later step, this across hundreds or thousands of steps. Another way is to simply violate the 2nd law of thermodynamics and all the molecules just happen to stick together to make a DNA.