the church

Cruciform

The Catholic Catechism is a man made doctrine that the followers have to abide by.
Even if that were so (it isn't), the Catechism still contains the formal teachings of the Catholic Church. Go ahead, then, and show us where your friend's claims are taught in the Catechism. Let's have it.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I tried that, and it did set me free, by leading me to the Supreme Pontiff's teachings on faith, doctrine and morals. The Bible did that.

I meant you should read the Bible that is free of Catholic dogma. Get yourself a King James version or a New King James Version, one that doesn't include any Catholic false doctrine.

Cruciform

I meant you should read the Bible that is free of Catholic dogma. Get yourself a King James version or a New King James Version, one that doesn't include any Catholic false doctrine.
How do you imagine that the KJV/NKJV differs substantially from, for instance, the Revised Standard Version (RSV), which many Catholics use, or the New American Bible (NAB) which is used in the Catholic liturgy in the U.S.? The fact is that I could demonstrate the Catholic position from any standard Protestant translation of the Bible; they all say pretty much the same thing.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
And what---in the opinion of your chosen recently-invented, man-made non-Catholic sect---is "the True Bible"? (Wait for it...)

If you prefer your Church, Priests, Hierarchy of the church, praying to Saints and Mary and your Pope, that's your choice. I prefer the Word of God which includes the "True Gospel." That's just me, though.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
How do you imagine that the KJV/NKJV differs substantially from, for instance, the Revised Standard Version (RSV), which many Catholics use, or the New American Bible (NAB) which is used in the Catholic liturgy in the U.S.? The fact is that I could demonstrate the Catholic position from any standard Protestant translation of the Bible; they all say pretty much the same thing.

I noticed you used the words: "Pretty much." That means you're not certain? Do you believe that Catholicism supersedes the written word of God?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Addressed HERE and HERE. This is known as the doctrine of the Communion of Saints.

Show me in the King James Version (Chapter and verse) that we are to pray to Mary and the Saints? You seem to think you can support this belief, remember?

The Communion of Saints is found only in the man-made doctrine of Catholicism. It's not in the King James Version of the Bible.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Show me in the King James Version (Chapter and verse) that we are to pray to Mary and the Saints?
Luke 1:28
Hail, thou that art highly favoured, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women.
Luke 1:42
Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb.

Cruciform

If you prefer your Church, Priests, Hierarchy of the church, praying to Saints and Mary and your Pope, that's your choice. I prefer the Word of God which includes the "True Gospel." That's just me, though.
Again: Which English translation supposedly qualifies as, as you call it, "the True Bible"?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
No, though it does supersede the interpretive and theological opinions of your preferred recently-invented, man-made non-Catholic sect.

Catholicism has you held captive. You've no doubt been brainwashed since childhood. I remember visiting a Catholic church many moons ago and even the prayers the Priest read were pre-written. They had the people standing up and down like human Jack in the boxes. Their preaching is more or less repetitive and Gospel Free.

They don't preach the Gospel that was given to the Apostle Paul. They don't preach a saving Gospel. They preach a false gospel of works and deeds. They pray to their idols and to Mary. We're to pray to God the Father in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. Praying to those saints is an exercise in futility. It's also useless to pray to Mary. Your church is in denial of the fact that Mary had other children, even though the Bible speaks of them. Your church doesn't want you to know that apparently? They want to be in complete control over their Parishioners.

Catholics don't even know if they're saved or going to Hell? Get yourself a King James Bible without all the Catholic false doctrine and read it. You might find the truth without their interference?