the church

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
No, I'm asking you a direct question: Why are you now spamming this thread with one- or two-sentence drive-by posts that have nothing to do with the actual topic under discussion?

We're speaking of your church right? That's the subect correct? If you think I'm disobeying the rules, report me to the Woodshed or just keep quiet.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Hey, Cruciform, if you're, offended, that's a shame. You must be thin skinned? Perhaps, you ought to place me on ignore or go to another thread that makes you less nervous? We don't want you to have a nervous breakdown.

Cruciform

Do you worship/pray to idols...
No and no.

...and to Mary?
We only "pray" to Mary and other past Saints in the very specific sense of asking for their intercession on our behalf before the throne of God. We do NOT "pray" to the Saints in the same sense or manner in which we pray to God alone.

Do you deny Mary had other children?
Of course, since this is what Christ's one historic Church has believed and taught from the beginning [SOURCE].

Cruciform

You commented that my friend "knows next to nothing about Catholicism" yet, she was in the Catholic church for many years and she and her family were missionaries in the Catholic church in other countries. She also visited the Vatican and met with Monsignors and Cardinals. I would ask you, have you read "Vatican one and two?"Your resume with the Catholic church doesn't seem to match hers yet you say she knows next to nothing about your church? Now, isn't that interesting?
But hardly surprising. As I said, the Catechism of the Catholic Church contains a summation of Catholic doctrine in its entirety---if the Church teaches it, it will certainly be in there. Just show me, then, where your friend's claims are outlined in the Catechism, and I'll amend my comment. Proof, please.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
No and no.

We only "pray" to Mary and other past Saints in the very specific sense of asking for their intercession on our behalf before the throne of God. We do NOT "pray" to the Saints in the same sense or manner in which we pray to God alone.

Of course, since this is what Christ's one historic Church has believed and taught from the beginning [SOURCE].

Christ's brother James was the first leader of the Jerusalem church. (Not the James of the Sons of Thunder)
Christ gave us an outline of how we were to pray. It begins with; "Our Father which art in Heaven." We're not told to pray to Mary or any Saints. 1 Timothy 2:5 states: "For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;"

Romans 8:26 states: "Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered."

Where in the Bible does it say we're to pray to Mary and the saints? Besides, what your church says?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
But hardly surprising. As I said, the Catechism of the Catholic Church contains a summation of Catholic doctrine in its entirety---if the Church teaches it, it will certainly be in there. Just show me, then, where your friend's claims are outlined in the Catechism, and I'll amend my comment. Proof, please.

The Catholic Catechism is a man made doctrine that the followers have to abide by.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Catholicism is a cult that brainwashes its Parishioners with man made church doctrine. Why else do they not allow its Parishioners to read the real Bible?