the church

God's Truth

the church gave us the bible

Many think the Catholics determined what books were to be included in the Bible, because they over the centuries publicly listed the books that they used. There were canons put together and used by people even before the Catholics. Different people gave personal statements about the books, but they were only commenting on the books and letters that the first Christians used from the beginning. They had only acknowledged those books early Christian communities already accepted as scripture.
The Catholic denominations started to introduce heresies in approximately 310 A.D. The Roman Catholic Church, which taught things contrary to the Bible, began with the prayers for the dead and the sign of the Cross. The Catholics continued to bring in many false teachings.
Official canonization of the New Testament scriptures came about because of heresies Gnostics and other sects spread. The first Christians accepted as scripture New Testament teachings by letter and books right from the beginning.
The New Testament teachings were by letter and books right from the beginning. In 1 Timothy 5:18 Paul joins a New Testament scripture (Luke 10:7) to an Old Testament scripture (Deuteronomy 25:4) and calls them both scripture. In addition, we can see in 2 Peter 3:15-16 Peter recognizes what Paul writes as scripture.

Again, the believers from the beginning used these books and letters from the start. That is what determined these books as scripture.

God can use evil people to give a message. Even if you want to keep insisting that the Catholics gave the Bible, consider Balaam. In addition, consider that Paul made sure that he obeyed Jesus so that while he preached the truth to others, he would not be disqualified.

dodge

you got scripture for that?

You got me before I added and HISTORY.

Yes the scripture is John 14:6 and that one scripture alone proves the RCC are deceived and WRONG about Mary the pope, and human priests being needed.

NO one needs the above to go to God. Just Jesus.

Jesus said, " I am the way the truth and the life and no man comes to the Father but by me".

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
You got me before I added and HISTORY.

Yes the scripture is John 14:6 and that one scripture alone proves the RCC are deceived and WRONG about Mary the pope, and human priests being needed.

Jesus said, " I am the way the truth and the life and no man comes to the Father but by me".

NO one needs the above to go to God. Just Jesus.

do you know what that means?

dodge

so tell us what it means

It means exactly what Jesus said : No one goes to the Father that does not go through Jesus. Proving again that Mary, a pope, or a human priest is NOT needed.

It is all about WHO you place your faith in, and UN-like RC's my faith is in Jesus.