The Burning Bush

Apple7

Please, quote where God said that. I find too hard to take your word for it.

Jesus addressing the Jews

υμεις εκ του πατρος του διαβολου εστε και τας επιθυμιας του πατρος υμων θελετε ποιειν εκεινος ανθρωποκτονος ην απ αρχης και εν τη αληθεια ουκ εστηκεν οτι ουκ εστιν αληθεια εν αυτω οταν λαλη το ψευδος εκ των ιδιων λαλει οτι ψευστης εστιν και ο πατηρ αυτου εγω δε οτι την αληθειαν λεγω ου πιστευετε μοι

umeis ek tou patros tau diabolou este kai tas epithumias tou patros umōn thelete poiein ekeinos anthrōpoktonos ēn ap archēs kai en tē alētheia ouk estēken oti ouk estin alētheia en autō otan lalē to pseudos ek tōn idiōn lalei oti pseustēs estin kai ho patēr autou egō de oti tēn alētheian legō ou pisteuete moi

You are from the Devil as the father, and the lusts of your father you desire to do. That one was a murderer from the beginning, and he has not stood in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own, because he is a liar, and the father of it. And because I speak the truth, you do not believe Me. (John 8.44 – 45)

Here we have Jesus, Himself, proclaiming to the unbelieving Jews, in no uncertain terms, that they are from the Devil.

Jews who do not acknowledge Jesus as The Truth are doing the Devil’s work – they are following the Devil’s desires (epithumias), of which, he has been a murderer of man (anthrōpoktonos) from the very beginning.

Jesus had already rightly labeled Jews as murderers and liars long before they killed Him.

Ben Masada

Jesus addressing the Jews

υμεις εκ του πατρος του διαβολου εστε και τας επιθυμιας του πατρος υμων θελετε ποιειν εκεινος ανθρωποκτονος ην απ αρχης και εν τη αληθεια ουκ εστηκεν οτι ουκ εστιν αληθεια εν αυτω οταν λαλη το ψευδος εκ των ιδιων λαλει οτι ψευστης εστιν και ο πατηρ αυτου εγω δε οτι την αληθειαν λεγω ου πιστευετε μοι

umeis ek tou patros tau diabolou este kai tas epithumias tou patros umōn thelete poiein ekeinos anthrōpoktonos ēn ap archēs kai en tē alētheia ouk estēken oti ouk estin alētheia en autō otan lalē to pseudos ek tōn idiōn lalei oti pseustēs estin kai ho patēr autou egō de oti tēn alētheian legō ou pisteuete moi

You are from the Devil as the father, and the lusts of your father you desire to do. That one was a murderer from the beginning, and he has not stood in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own, because he is a liar, and the father of it. And because I speak the truth, you do not believe Me. (John 8.44 – 45)

Here we have Jesus, Himself, proclaiming to the unbelieving Jews, in no uncertain terms, that they are from the Devil.

Jews who do not acknowledge Jesus as The Truth are doing the Devil’s work – they are following the Devil’s desires (epithumias), of which, he has been a murderer of man (anthrōpoktonos) from the very beginning.

Jesus had already rightly labeled Jews as murderers and liars long before they killed Him.

Jews don't even believe in the Devil which renders your post above a lie.

Apple7

I never said that they wrote in a dream but as a result of Divine inspiration through a dream or vision.

Neither did I.

But..when the going gets rough, you always fall back on saying that the prophet was dreaming - so, you really can't believe it.

This is the same crutch that you use when you resort to calling others (who disagree with you), as anti-Semites.

It must be tough needing crutches all the time, Ben...

Ben Masada

Neither did I.

But..when the going gets rough, you always fall back on saying that the prophet was dreaming - so, you really can't believe it.

This is the same crutch that you use when you resort to calling others (who disagree with you), as anti-Semites.

It must be tough needing crutches all the time, Ben...

I say nothing out of the top of my head. Read Number 12:6. "If there is a prophet in Israel, I the Lord will reveal Myself to him in a vision; I will talk to him in a dream."

Apple7

I say nothing out of the top of my head. Read Number 12:6. "If there is a prophet in Israel, I the Lord will reveal Myself to him in a vision; I will talk to him in a dream."

If its a vision, then its not an imaginary dream as you claim it is.

Ben Masada

If its a vision, then its not an imaginary dream as you claim it is.

A vision usually happens during the lucid phase of a dream. Every one dreams during the REM phase of sleep. A vision usually occurs between the REM phase of a dream and the awaken state when the dreamer is in charge of his thoughts.

Last edited:

Apple7

A vision usually happens during the lucid phase of a dream. Every one dreams during the REM phase of sleep. A vision usually occurs between the REM phase of a dream and the awaken estate when the dreamer is in charge of his thoughts.

Not in Biblical Hebrew.

beameup

I tend to agree that most of the Pauline policy of Replacement Theology was effected by the Church of around the 4th Century. Paul's actions though as being the light to the Gentiles was concerned was 98% among the Jews. All his life from his first station in Damascus and until his last in Rome, he never left the Jews in peace as if Gentiles were to be found in the synagogues of the Jews. (Acts 9:1,2 and 28:17)

I would suggest that you read the Book of Acts. The Jewish death-squad followed Paul, from Jerusalem, for 150 miles before they caught-up with him and stoned him to death. Of course, Yeshua Messiah raised him from the dead to continue on his journey to Rome. Also, another Jewish death-squad was formed when Paul returned to Jerusalem, and they took a vow to not eat or drink until they had murdered Paul. The only thing that saved Paul was that he was also a Roman citizen and thus had rights. In the years under house-arrest in Rome, the Jews came to Paul to inquire of his doctrine.