ECT The Bema

heir

TOL Subscriber
I've always wondered why Paul drops that appeal to be reconciled to God right in the middle of his talk to the Corinthians, who already were. I am open to further light on it.

Not all were saved at Corinth. Some believed in vain.

1 Corinthians 15:1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

1 Corinthians 15:2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

1 Corinthians 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

1 Corinthians 15:4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

The "some" didn't believe in the resurrection of the dead. They believed in vain.

1 Corinthians 15:12 Now if Christ be preached that he rose from the dead, how say some among you that there is no resurrection of the dead?

1 Corinthians 15:13 But if there be no resurrection of the dead, then is Christ not risen:

1 Corinthians 15:14 And if Christ be not risen, then is our preaching vain, and your faith is also vain.

1 Corinthians 15:15 Yea, and we are found false witnesses of God; because we have testified of God that he raised up Christ: whom he raised not up, if so be that the dead rise not.

1 Corinthians 15:16 For if the dead rise not, then is not Christ raised:

1 Corinthians 15:17 And if Christ be not raised, your faith is vain; ye are yet in your sins.

heir

TOL Subscriber
It's not hard to see that when this "the day" occurs that some shall receive reward while the others suffer loss. Both are saved! This is a judgment seat of believers only!

1 Corinthians 3:10 According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon.

1 Corinthians 3:11 For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.

1 Corinthians 3:12 Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;

1 Corinthians 3:13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.

1 Corinthians 3:14 If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.

1 Corinthians 3:15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

musterion

Not all were saved at Corinth. Some believed in vain.

I have always thought Paul strongly suspected some at Corinth weren't saved but I got static awhile back for saying he seems to have still believed/hoped/assumed them to be his brothers in Christ (1 Cor 15:50, 58). Ah well. :)

DAN P

T
Derivation of the word "Rapture"

Latin - "Rapturo"

Greek - "Harpazo"

English - "Caught Up"

[/COLOR]

Hi and there is not a Greek word for RAPTURE !!

I believe that the first word used " to be caught up " is found in Gal 1:4 , and that Greek word is EXAIREO /DELIVER /PLUCK OUT !!

It is in the Middle Voice and means that Christ is doing it for Himself and is controlled by the Subjective Mood of possibility as to when , should or it happen !!

dan p

Last edited:

Sheila B

I feel so sorry for you, Sheila.

...because I said I do not believe in the rapture?

If so, I will clarify: I def believe in the parousia (rapture) but I am of the opinion that it will coincide with the return of Christ somehow, and not a separate event that leaves the earth with no Christians.

Sheila B

The Rapture (raised, caught up) is a Bible fact:

1 Thessalonians 4:13-18 KJV 13 But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope. 14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him. 15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep. 16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: 17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. 18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

Derivation of the word "Rapture"

Latin - "Rapturo"

Greek - "Harpazo"

English - "Caught Up"

Oh, agreed, I have posted a correction to tambora. I do believe but not one where the earth will be without Christians.

Sheila B

Yikes...

why can't it mean cities, as he said it, to the people he said it to.

See what you have to do to the Holy Bible when you force it to all be about you...today.

No, I do not think it refers to "today"- how could it?

My scenario is that we are judged immediatey at death ("bema"-absent from the body present with the Lord) and are given "cities" over which to "reign" or "judge"

...then at the end of time, the White Throne judgement completes all the nations and the lost (Matt 25).

We really do not know what will be after that.

Sheila B

I have always thought Paul strongly suspected some at Corinth weren't saved but I got static awhile back for saying he seems to have still believed/hoped/assumed them to be his brothers in Christ (1 Cor 15:50, 58). Ah well. :)

true. How could faith be "in vain" at all? The cross either saves or it does not!

"In vain" assumes it will not produce the desired effect, doesn't it?

Paul definitely fears for their salvation, but "hopes" against hope.

Sheila B

Yikes...

why can't it mean cities, as he said it, to the people he said it to.

See what you have to do to the Holy Bible when you force it to all be about you...today.

Why would Jesus be interested in giving literal cities to men who made Him more money? (talents/mina)

Where is the basis for that literal interpretation?

journey

Oh, agreed, I have posted a correction to tambora. I do believe but not one where the earth will be without Christians.

Many people will be saved during the Tribulation Period, and you shouldn't forget about the 144,000 or the Two Witnesses.