The Atonement: What did it REALLY Accomplish?

Nanja

Amen and if one doesn't believe it they are saying that Christ stripes/death failed to bring about ones Salvation!

Exactly! If one doesn't believe in Limited atonement,
yet knowing that not all of humanity will be saved,
they are declaring Christ's stripes / death failed to save
all those He died for.

~~~~~

beloved57

all those He died for.

~~~~~

Yeah and that is as Antichrist as it can get!

StanJ

all those He died for.

YOU need to learn the difference between atonement and salvation, as well as the difference between atonement and whether or not a persons sins are actually forgiven them, even though they have been atoned for.

Nanja

YOU need to learn the difference between atonement and salvation, as well as the difference between atonement and whether or not a persons sins are actually forgiven them, even though they have been atoned for.

YOU need to learn that only those Chosen in Christ before the foundation Eph. 1:3-5
have forgiveness of sins Eph. 1:7. That's whom Christ's atonement was for,
His People Mat. 1:21; the Good Seed Mat. 13:38, His Friends John 15:13;
the Seed of Abraham Is. 41:8:

ISRAEL Deut. 7:6-9!

Is. 45:17
But Israel shall be saved in the LORD with an everlasting salvation:
ye shall not be ashamed nor confounded world without end.

The Lost Sheep of the House of Israel are God's Elect.

~~~~~

beloved57

YOU need to learn that only those Chosen in Christ before the foundation Eph. 1:3-5

~~~~~

Amen!

StanJ

Yes, chose us IN HIM. Can't be elect if you aren't IN Jesus.
Yes, again IN HIM. Jesus is the one that provides redemption for all sin and forgiveness if we acknowledge him as our savior. 1 John 1:9 (NIV)
I can't be bothered to GUESS what you want to convey about the OT scriptures you quoted.
Salvation is indeed everlasting, IF we don't walk away from it like MANY of the Israelites have. There will also be a great falling away in the last days for so-called believers. 2 Thess 2:3 (NIV)

You CAN'T teach if you do not KNOW.

beloved57

The Belittlement of the Death/Cross/Blood of Christ !

The Belittlement of the Death/Cross/Blood of Christ !

Paul once wrote this Gal 6:14

14 But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world.

Paul here is glorying in the Salvation of and Converting effects of the Death/Cross/Blood of Christ ! He is saying that it was by the powerful effects of the Cross that the world [world , flesh and devil] is crucified unto him, and secondly he to the world[world,flesh,devil], these things did not happen because of his so called freewill decision to accept Christ, they occurred because of the inherent Virtue [Effective force or power] of the Death/Cross/Blood of Christ !

And not only Paul, but every True Christian can boast/glory in the Cross of Christ for the same reason Paul states here !

That word glory in Gal 6:14 is the greek word kauchaomai and means to:

I.to glory (whether with reason or without)

II.to glory on account of a thing

III.to glory in a thing

And its also used in the NT 8 times to mean boast:

Like here Eph 2:9;James 4:16 !

But its also translated into the word glory as here 1 Cor 1:31

That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.

In fact in this reference glorying or boasting is an imperative in the Lord, and this is to the believer, proving that his or her glorying in the Cross is just as warranted as Pauls is in Gal 6:14

14 But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world.

The Cross does Two things unto all them it was for, It crucifies the world unto them, and them unto the world !

Now these Two things equate to ones full Salvation experience in this Life, its equivalent to Peters Testimony here 1 Pet 2:24

24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree[cross], that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

Yet many in false religion today would have us believe that although Christ died for an individual, that individual can still wind up a unconverted sinner and die in unbelief in their sins Jn 8:24, this type of thinking and teaching is to the belittlement and minimization of the efficaciousness of the death/cross/blood of Christ, and they shall not be held guiltless of this evil in the Day of Judgment !

beloved57

It made us dead to the Law !

It made us dead to the Law !

Rom 7:4

4 Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.

Did you know that every sinner Christ died for, that they are born into this world, from their Mothers womb, dead to the Law ? Now exactly what does it mean to be dead to the Law ? It means among many things, they are dead to any condemnation and curse from the Law, because of all their sins they shall commit in the body, yes even from the womb and the duration of their lives; all for whom Christ died are free from the death penalty of the Law, as it is written, the soul that sinneth shall surely die, or the wages of sin is death Rom 6:23, and sin receives its authority of causing death from the Law 1 Cor 15:56

56 The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law.

Now how so this be ? By Christ's death for us, we are free from or dead to the Laws curse and condemnation, even from the womb. Now is it because our faith, repentance ? No, God forbid, but its by the Body of Christ [which signify s His death] and thats why its a true fact even from the womb, for its due solely on the Merits of Christs death for them !

beloved57

It made us dead to the Law !2

It made us dead to the Law !2

Now this great accomplishment by the death of Christ, or by the body of Christ, as when He bare our sins in His Own Body on the Tree 1 Pet 2:24, and made us dead to the Law, it yet still had another purpose to fulfill, and that is , it ensures that someday in this our life, that we shall be married to another [into a spiritual experimental relationship] and that another being, Him that was raised from the dead because of our Justification Rom 7:4

4 Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.

Rom 4:25

25 Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.

So the death of Christ was not for an end in and of itself, but was to cause us to be married to another, that other being the Lord Jesus Christ ! If that does not occur, His death misfired[To fail to achieve an anticipated result:]of the purpose of God !

Nanja

Did you know that every sinner Christ died for, that they are born into this world, from their Mothers womb, dead to the Law ? Now exactly what does it mean to be dead to the Law ? It means among many things, they are dead to any condemnation and curse from the Law, because of all their sins they shall commit in the body, yes even from the womb and the duration of their lives; all for whom Christ died are free from the death penalty of the Law, as it is written, the soul that sinneth shall surely die, or the wages of sin is death Rom 6:23, and sin receives its authority of causing death from the Law 1 Cor 15:56

56 The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law.

Now how so this be ? By Christ's death for us, we are free from or dead to the Laws curse and condemnation, even from the womb. Now is it because our faith, repentance ? No, God forbid, but its by the Body of Christ [which signify s His death] and thats why its a true fact even from the womb, for its due solely on the Merits of Christs death for them !

Now this great accomplishment by the death of Christ, or by the body of Christ, as when He bare our sins in His Own Body on the Tree 1 Pet 2:24, and made us dead to the Law, it yet still had another purpose to fulfill, and that is , it ensures that someday in this our life, that we shall be married to another [into a spiritual experimental relationship] and that another being, Him that was raised from the dead because of our Justification Rom 7:4

Rom 4:25

25 Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.

So the death of Christ was not for an end in and of itself, but was to cause us to be married to another, that other being the Lord Jesus Christ ! If that does not occur, His death misfired[To fail to achieve an anticipated result:]of the purpose of God !

Excellent study, TY!

Christ's death was for His Church Eph. 5:25 chosen by God to be In Union with Him Eph. 1:4
before the foundation of the world, and consequently they were crucified with Him Gal. 2:20
and raised together with Him Eph. 2:6. These Elect of God who were promised eternal life Titus 1:1-2,
they shall be married to Christ, and come to experience a deep spiritual communion and intimacy
with Him in their being Born of the Spirit Gal. 4:6, which is the fruit they bring forth unto God.

~~~~~

beloved57

Excellent study, TY!

Christ's death was for His Church Eph. 5:25 chosen by God to be In Union with Him Eph. 1:4
before the foundation of the world, and consequently they were crucified with Him Gal. 2:20
and raised together with Him Eph. 2:6. These Elect of God who were promised eternal life Titus 1:1-2,
they shall be married to Christ, and come to experience a deep spiritual communion and intimacy
with Him in their being Born of the Spirit Gal. 4:6, which is the fruit they bring forth unto God.

~~~~~
Thanks to God for your comprehension of these blessed Gospel Truths!

beloved57

It made us dead to the Law !3

It made us dead to the Law !3

And lastly, we learn that the end of Christ's death which made us dead to the Law, ensured that we be married to another, that another being Him that was raised from the dead for our Justification, then causes us to bear fruit unto God "that[for the purpose that] we should bring forth fruit unto God."

Jesus said to the Church here Jn 15:8

Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples.

This corresponds to what Paul wrote to the Church Rom 7:4

Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.

What fruit ? The fruit of righteousness Phil 1:11

Being filled with the fruits of righteousness, which are by Jesus Christ, unto the glory and praise of God.

Heb 12:11

Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby.

Heb 13:15

By him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of our lips giving thanks to his name.

Our fruitfulness is actually Christ's our heads fruitfulness, fulfilling Jn 12:24

Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.

Our fruitfulness makes Him Look Good and successful in that His death was fruitful !

Last edited:

Nanja

And lastly, we learn that the end of Christ's death which made us dead to the Law, ensured that we be married to another, that other being His that was raised from the dead for our Justification, then causes us to bear fruit unto God "that[for the purpose that] we should bring forth fruit unto God."

Jesus said to the Church here Jn 15:8

Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples.

This corresponds to what Paul wrote to the Church Rom 7:4

Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.

What fruit ? the fruit of righteousness Phil 1:11

Being filled with the fruits of righteousness, which are by Jesus Christ, unto the glory and praise of God.

Heb 12:11

Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby.

Heb 13:15

By him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of our lips giving thanks to his name.

Our fruitfulness is actually Christ's our heads fruitfulness, fulfilling Jn 12:24

Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.

Our fruitfulness makes Him Look Good and successful in that His death was fruitful !

Amen to a perfect finish!

~~~~~

beloved57

Did Jesus Christ die for the sin of unbelief ?

Did Jesus Christ die for the sin of unbelief ?

The answer to that question is a most definitely Yes, if He died for you at all, for He did not die for every human being without exception ! Now from the outset it can proven that Christ died for the sin of unbelief because those He died for are by His death alone, reconciled to God, put into His Favor, even while they are enemies/unbelievers Rom 5:10

10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

Now, if Christ did not die for their unbelief, how could they have been reconciled to God even while being enemies and unbelievers in their minds, while others in the same condition of being enemies and unbelievers are #1 Condemned already Jn 3:18

18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

#2 are having the wrath of God abiding on them Jn 3:36

36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

Now why the difference ? One group of enemies are reconciled to God, the other group of enemies are not, and are under condemnation and Gods Wrath ?

What made the difference ? It could not have been faith or believing in the Son, So the only rational, reasonable, and valid explanation for the difference is the Death of Christ for the One Group Rom 5:10 and not the other Jn 3:18,36 !

Thats because Christ's death pays for the sin of unbelief, otherwise those enemies could not have been reconciled to God while enemies/unbelievers !

beloved57

Did Jesus Christ die for the sin of unbelief ? 2

Did Jesus Christ die for the sin of unbelief ? 2

Now the fact is, yes Christ died for ones unbelief if indeed He died for their sins, and again He did not die for everyones sins without exception, but He did only for a Chosen Remnant Eph 1:4, His Elect, or His Church Eph 5:25, or His Sheep opposed to the goats Jn 10:11,15, or Israel !

And those of us He did die for, our trespasses are not and cannot be charged/imputed against us 2 Cor 5:19

19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

And unbelief is but one of many trespasses. Its the beginning inlet trespass of man in Adam as stated here Rom 5:15,17

15 But not as the offence/trespass, so also is the free gift. For if through the offence/trespass of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many.

17 For if by one man's offence/trespass death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ)

The word offence paraptóma: is also the word for trespass in 2 Cor 5:19 and it means:

a falling away, lapse, slip, false step, trespass, sin.

Now we shall see that unbelief is a trespass a falling away from the Lord, that which national israel was guilty of, as well as Adam Ezk 15:6-8

6 Therefore thus saith the Lord God; As the vine tree among the trees of the forest, which I have given to the fire for fuel, so will I give the inhabitants of Jerusalem.

7 And I will set my face against them; they shall go out from one fire, and another fire shall devour them; and ye shall know that I am the Lord, when I set my face against them.

8 And I will make the land desolate, because they have committed a trespass, saith the Lord God.

Now notice God gives the cause of why He shall set His face against the inhabitants of jerusalem, Vs 8 because they have committed a trespass saith the Lord. Now the hebrew word here for trespass is maal and means:

an unfaithful or treacherous act, unfaithfulness (6), very unfaithful (1).

The main sin here is apostacy to idolatry which is unbelief, like what Paul says shall happen in the Latter days of the professing church 1 Tim 4:1

Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;

But the Spirit explicitly says that in later times some will fall away from the faith, paying attention to deceitful spirits and doctrines of demons,NAS

It was the sin/trespass that cut off national israel from covenent privileges as a nation Rom 11:20

20 Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear:

That word unbelief means :

unbelief, unfaithfulness, distrust. And that the trespass of Ezk 15:8

And I will make the land desolate, because they have committed a trespass, saith the Lord GOD.

Again the word is maal and means:

1), unfaithful (3), unfaithful act (4), unfaithful deeds (1), unfaithfully (6), unfaithfulness (6), very unfaithful

beloved57

Did Jesus Christ die for the sin of unbelief ? 3

Did Jesus Christ die for the sin of unbelief ? 3

Now to show even moreso that those Christ died for, which are by His death reconciled to God while they are being enemies/unbelievers Rom 5:10, to show that they are an entirely different group apart from those who while they are enemies and unbelievers, instead of being reconciled to God, they are #1 Already condemned Jn 3:18 and #2 Under Gods wrath Jn 3:36,

Now to further illustrate the difference, the enemies that Christ died for which were reconciled to God while enemies, thus already reconciled, the promise to them is that they shall be saved by His death Rom 5:10

10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

To them its promised more future salvation ! However, to those enemies/unbelievers who are under Gods wrath Jn 3:36 the promise is they shall not see Life Jn 3:36

36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

See the difference now between the two different sets of enemies and unbelievers ? One set shall be saved by Christ's Life, the other set shall not see Life, but shall remain under the wrath of God ! Christ's Death makes the difference, not faith !

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
If it weren't for the idea of atonement, Christian theology would not have devised the theology of "Jesus died for our sins."

In Jewish thinking, Jesus became the sinless Lamb of God which was slaughtered to assuage human sin. John's gospel depicts Jesus as the sacrifice and says Jesus died on the Day of Preparation, when the paschal lambs were killed for the next day's Passover feast.

The other three gospels say he died on Passover instead.

Ancient villagers in Jesus's day literally "spit their sins" onto an unblemished goat and then symbolically drove it into the wilderness with reeds.

This is where the gospels get the image of the Romans beating Jesus with reeds. Such a description would deeply resonate with most Jews and their traditions.

beloved57

By His Obedience many shall be made Righteous !

By His Obedience many shall be made Righteous !

Rom 5:19

19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

This is another Grand Truth of the Gospel of Gods Grace that the religious condemned world cannot and will not be persuaded of or believe, that many are made Righteous unto God solely by the Obedience of Christ alone, which obedience is His both Actively and Passively, and heres why ! In His Obedience He acted as a Surety of a Better Covenant Heb 7:22

22 By so much was Jesus made a surety of a better testament/covenant.

Thats what is meant here Heb 10:5-9

5 Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me:

6 In burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin thou hast had no pleasure.

7 Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will[As A Surety of a Better Covenant or Testament], O God.

8 Above when he said, Sacrifice and offering and burnt offerings and offering for sin thou wouldest not, neither hadst pleasure therein; which are offered by the law;

9 Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first[Testament], that he may establish the second/Better[Testament].

Now in doing this, Two things were accomplished unto the People of God and for His Glory in making them Righteous, First in His Obedience Active, He performed the Perfect Obedience that Gods Law demanded out of Love to God, for He performed the First and Greatest Commandment here stated Matt 22:36-38

36 Master, which is the great commandment in the law?

37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

38 This is the first and great commandment.

As well as this One did He obey fully Matt 22:39-40

39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

So Christ performed these Two Commandments Perfectly by His Active Obedience to Gods Law for the Many He made Righteous Rom 5:19 which they failed to do in Adam the first ! And Secondly He gave Satisfaction to Gods Offended Law, That is Satisfaction to His Divine Justice, wherein they had disobeyed Gods Law first in Adam their Natural and Federal Head and in themselves which they would be committing once they were born into this world as sinners and transgressors personally; and by this His Suretyship Obedience for them He did this which was spoken by the Prophet Isaiah Isa 42:21

21 The Lord is well pleased for his righteousness' sake; he will magnify the law, and make it honourable.

This refers back to Him in His Suretyship obedience for the People Isa 42:6

I the Lord have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant[Surety Heb 7:22] of the people, for a light of the Gentiles;

God out of Grace has accepted Jesus Surety Obedience for many, making His Surety Obedience to His Law, theirs, and thats why it is stated Rom 5:19

19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

This is why their sins, transgressions are forgiven and they reconciled to God, even when they themselves by nature are Gods enemies to Him Rom 5:10,19, what Grace, this the Natural man cannot receive 1 Cor 2:14 !

beloved57

It delivered us from this evil present world !

It delivered us from this evil present world !

Gal 1:4

4 Who gave himself for our sins, that he might deliver us from this present evil world, according to the will of God and our Father:

One of the purposes, end results of Christ dying for our sins, was to deliver us from this present evil world [ another way of expressing salvation] according to the will of God and Our Father !

This being delivered from the present world is a purposed result of the Will of God, in Christ giving Himself for our sins, this is so much so that if anyone for whom Christ gave Himself for their sins is not delivered from this present evil world, His death failed the Will and Purpose of God Our Father !

Many in false antichrist religion today would tell us that multitudes for whom Christ died shall yet be condemned with the world for their sins, remaining lost in unbelief ! Folks thats a antichrist teaching, its not of God !

All for whom The True Christ died, all of them shall be according to the Purpose and Will of God the Father, delivered from this present evil world !

John Gill writes:

that he might deliver us from this present evil world; by which is meant, either the Jewish world, or church state, in which were a worldly sanctuary, and which were subject to ceremonies and traditions, called the elements and rudiments of the world; and who were possessed of worldly notions, and in expectation of a worldly kingdom to be set up by the Messiah; and both in principle and in practice were sadly degenerated, and were become very evil and wicked: or the present age and generation of men, whether of Jews or Gentiles, which was so corrupt, as the like was never known; or in general the present world, and the men of it, in distinction either from the world before the flood, as in 2 Peter 3:5 or rather from the new heavens and earth, which will be after the present ones, and wherein will dwell righteousness; or, in a word, from the world which is to come, as they are frequently opposed in Scripture: and which is said to be "evil", not with respect to the matter, that being all very good, as created by God; but with respect to the men of it, who lie in wickedness, under the power of the wicked one, and of their own sins; and to the things which are in it, all which are the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life. Now Christ gave himself a sacrifice for the sins of his people, that as in consequence of this they might be delivered and saved from the damning power, so from the governing power and influence of all that is evil in this present world; as from Satan, the god of it, who has usurped a power over it; from the lusts that are predominant in it; from the vain conversation of the men of it; from the general conflagration of it at the last day, and from the perdition of ungodly men, and their eternal destruction in hell: and all this is