The Atonement: What did it REALLY Accomplish?

beloved57

So you don't believe that ANY believer can become apostate?

Posts 853,858,859 did you read them ? Did you understand the points I made in them about Christ's death sanctifying ? Please review back to me the points made and we will debate or discuss them ! But I must know you understood them firs! Thanks ! If you dont, then I will take it that you prefer to evade them and he points made !

StanJ

Posts 853,858,859 did you read them ? Did you understand the points I made in them about Christ's death sanctifying ? Please review back to me the points made and we will debate or discuss them ! But I must know you understood them firs! Thanks ! If you dont, then I will take it that you prefer to evade them and he points made !

If you can't answer a simple question, why do you post?

Ben Masada

The BIBLE teaches that there is salvation in no other name but Jesus. It is RT that fallaciously claims this choice to accept Jesus as our savior is a work, the Bible does NOT teach that.

Are you sure? That's evidence that you are not reading even your NT. Check John 4:22. Jesus himself said that salvation comes from the Jews; from the Jews, he said, not from one among the Jews.

beloved57

He gives us an Understanding !

He gives us an Understanding !

1 Jn 5:20

20And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.

The wise Solomon once wrote by the Spirit of God Prov 4:7

Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding.

Christ, if He came and died for us, He is Our Wisdom, for it is written 1 Cor 1:24,30

24But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.

30 But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:

God gave Christ to all for whom He was delivered up for, and with Him He freely gives us all things, which would include an Understnding Rom 8:32

32He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him[Christ/Wisdom] up for us all, how shall he not with him[Christ/Wisdom] also freely give us all things?

Understanding comes with Him and He gives it to them He died for 1 Jn 5:20

20 And we know that the Son of God[Christ/Wisdom of God] is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.

The only condition of Him giving us an Understanding was that He has come ! The giving an understanding is the direct result of His Coming, they are cause and effect related !

Its the word dianoia and it also means mind as it does here Heb 8:10

For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, G1271 and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

Heb 10:16

This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds G1271 will I write them;

It means:

with a good significance, the faculty renewed by the Holy Spirit,

Christ came in answer to a Covenant Engagement, for He was given a Covenant of the People Isa 42:6

6I the Lord have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles;

So thats why we have Heb 8:10;10:16 understanding minds !

The understanding is give writes John in 1 Jn 5:20 so that we may Know Him that is True

Which again is Promised in the Covenant that they shall all know Him Heb 8:10-11

10For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.

This corresponds with both 1 Jn 5:20 and Jn 17:3

3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

So that knowing given by giving an Understanding as a result of Christ's Coming is experiencing vital Eternal Life

So we must all for whom He came and died nust experience vital Eternal Life, or His whole Purpose for Coming is thwarted !

Before Christ gives us an Understanding, the one we have by nature is darkened Eph 4:18

Having the understanding G1271 darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart

beloved57

Holy and Unblameable and Unreproveable in his sight

Holy and Unblameable and Unreproveable in his sight

Col 1:22

22 In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight:

Who does this apply to ? Some may immediately say that it belongs to belivers ! Yet does it apply only to believers ? No, not at the time Paul wrote it. It does apply to any sinner that Christ died for, believers or not, though eventually they shall believe ! But nevertheless its not conditioned upon believing, but solely "through death" His Death, the Lord Jesus Christ's death, on the body of His flesh, which comprehends the entirety of His Person and Work, His Obedience unto the death of the Cross Phil 2:8

8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

Everyone Christ died for before they believe a thing, even while being enemies, alienated and enemies in their minds by wicked works, they are through death [His Death] Holy, and unblameable and unreproveable in his[Gods] sight !

This is the Truth God given Faith believes and Trusts in !

Now the reason why this is True of even unbelievers that Christ died for is because, Christ is their Holiness before God and not anything they do, He is their Righteousness before God, He represents them in His Holiness and Righteousness before God Heb 9:24

For Christ is not entered into the holy places made with hands, which are the figures of the true; but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for[in behalf of] us:

So those He appears before God in behalf are made Holy and Righteous in Gods sight.

Also they are unblameable and unreproveable because the great cause of censure and blame can never be charged to them by God, which is sin, for God for Christ's sake cannot and will not lay any charge or blame of sin unto them, simply because all was laid to Him on their behalf. In Ps 40:12 a Messianic Psalm we see somewhat of the sins/ iniquties of His People being charged to Him as their Surety Ps 40:12

For innumerable evils have compassed me about: my iniquities have taken hold on me, so that I am not able to look up; they are more than the hairs of my head: therefore my heart fails me.

John Gill writes on this verse:

For innumerable evils have compassed me about,.... Like floods of water all around him; see Psalm 18:4; these are the evils of punishment inflicted on him, as the surety and Saviour of his people; such as the sorrows and griefs he bore all his days; the cruel mockings and scourges he endured; his being buffeted and spit upon; his head crowned with thorns, and his hands and feet pierced with nails; insulted by men and devils; crucified between two thieves, and so died the shameful and painful death of the cross;

mine iniquities have taken hold upon me; not any committed by him; he was conceived, born, and lived without sin, knew none, nor did he any; but the sins of his people, which were imputed to him, laid upon him, and which he voluntarily took and bore; and which he reckoned as his own and was responsible for them; these, when he hung upon the cross, came upon him from all quarters, and he bore them in his own body upon the tree;
so that I am not able to look up; or "cannot see" (p); either the end of these iniquities, they being so numerous, as is after related; or he could not bear to look upon them, they were so filthy and nauseous, and he so pure and holy; or he could not behold his Father's countenance, which these sins that were upon him separated him from, and caused to be hid from him; or, like one pressed down with the guilt of sin, as the poor publican was, could not so much as lift up his eyes to heaven, Luke 18:13; they are more than the hairs of mine head; as they must needs be, since they were the iniquities of all the elect of God, of the whole general assembly ad church of the firstborn, written in heaven, Isaiah 53:6;

Never to be charged upon any again Jer 50:20

In those days, and in that time, said the LORD, the iniquity of Israel shall be sought for, and there shall be none; and the sins of Judah, and they shall not be found: for I will pardon them whom I reserve.

Since Christ's Suretyship did such a Perfect and Complete Job, God sees all His People in Him as Holy, Unblameable and Unreprovable ! Even when they are in themselves in a state of rebellion, enmity and unbelief ! That cannot affect Christ's Work in their behalf !

beloved57

Made Perfect and Righteous !

Made Perfect and Righteous !

The antichrist crowd sells short the accomplishment of the Atoning Life and Death of Jesus Christ for them He lived and died in behalf of ! Understand, all for whom He Lived and died for, and that alone, have been #1 Made Righteous Rom 5:19

19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

That word righteous is the greek word dikaios means:

I.righteous, observing divine laws

A.in a wide sense, upright, righteous, virtuous, keeping the commands of God

i.of those who seem to themselves to be righteous, who pride themselves to be righteous, who pride themselves in their virtues, whether real or imagined

ii.innocent, faultless, guiltless

iii.used of him whose way of thinking, feeling, and acting is wholly conformed to the will of God, and who therefore needs no rectification in the heart or life

a.only Christ truly

iv.approved of or acceptable of God

B.in a narrower sense, rendering to each his due and that in a judicial sense, passing just judgment on others, whether expressed in words or shown by the manner of dealing with them

Notice that it means :innocent, faultless, guiltless

That word faultless is found Jude 1:24

Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy,

His Obedience unto death for the many He Lived and died for shall present them faultless before the presence of his Glory ! The have been made or constituted Law Keepers , Keeping all the Commandments of God,

And they have been made Perfect, indicates Heb 10:10-14

10 By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

11 And every priest standeth daily ministering and offering oftentimes the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins:

12 But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God;

13 From henceforth expecting till his enemies be made his footstool.

14 For by one offering[His death] he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.

For by a single offering He has forever completely cleansed and perfected those who are consecrated and made holy.AMP

By his one sacrifice he has forever set free from sin the people he brings to God.CEV

For by virtue of that one offering he has perfected for all time every one whom he makes holy.

And these ones, at death, their spirits are received unto heaven, the heavenly Jerusalem Heb 12:23

23 To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect,

beloved57

Because I live, ye shall live also ! 2

Because I live, ye shall live also ! 2

Jesus here was speaking as the Head of His Body the Church, and their Surety Mediator, and what goes for Him, goes for them, and Like He was raised from the dead, after having died for their sins against God, they also must be raised from the dead and walk in the Newness of Life, Pauls Doctrine here Rom 6:4-5

4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:

We partake of the Likeness of His Resurrection [if we died together with him] by our New Birth from the dead, or being made alive from the dead Eph 2:5

5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved)

That word quickened means to make alive ! You see, theres no ssuch thing as Christ dying for one, raised for one, and that one not being made alive[from spiritual death] as a result of it !

Just as He was made alive or raised from the dead [as our Head,Representative, and Surety], we also together with Him, have been raised or made alive in Him !

Thats why Peter said 1 Pet 1:3

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

Remember Christ is said to be begotten from the dead here Rev 1:5

And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of or from the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,

and from Jesus Christ, the faithful witness, the firstborn from the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. To him who loves us, and has washed us from our sins in his blood,Darby

Ps 2:7

I will declare the decree: the Lord hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.

This speaks to His Resurrection Per Acts 13:33

God hath fulfilled the same unto us their children, in that he hath raised up Jesus again; as it is also written in the second psalm, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee.

So those He died for, they also together with Him, as He was begotten from the Dead, on their behalf, they were also, as Peter makes clear 1 Pet 1:3 !

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

We were begotten again by the Resurrection of Christ from the dead !

This proves our union with Christ when He died for us, and when He rose again for us, and this union is made manifest in time at the time of our personal new birth, when we are experimentally made to walk in the newness of Life because of it ! That would constitute our own personal new birth in this life !

The only way one for whom Christ died does not experience a new birth is if Christ Himself was not raised from the Dead, and thats the God's Truth, If He lived, they for whom He died shall live also, to the Glory of God !

StanJ

Are you sure? That's evidence that you are not reading even your NT. Check John 4:22. Jesus himself said that salvation comes from the Jews; from the Jews, he said, not from one among the Jews.

As Jesus was a Jew, salvation IS from the Jews. This is not the same as WHO saves us. Jesus was talking about Jews and Samaritans. I suggest instead of cherry picking one verse, you read the whole discourse IN context.

Rom 1:16 (NIV) does not negate or supersede what Peter preached.

Nanja

Jesus here was speaking as the Head of His Body the Church, and their Surety Mediator, and what goes for Him, goes for them, and Like He was raised from the dead, after having died for their sins against God, they also must be raised from the dead and walk in the Newness of Life, Pauls Doctrine here Rom 6:4-5

4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:

We partake of the Likeness of His Resurrection [if we died together with him] by our New Birth from the dead, or being made alive from the dead Eph 2:5

5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved)

That word quickened means to make alive ! You see, theres no ssuch thing as Christ dying for one, raised for one, and that one not being made alive[from spiritual death] as a result of it !

Just as He was made alive or raised from the dead [as our Head,Representative, and Surety], we also together with Him, have been raised or made alive in Him !

Thats why Peter said 1 Pet 1:3

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

Remember Christ is said to be begotten from the dead here Rev 1:5

And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of or from the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,

and from Jesus Christ, the faithful witness, the firstborn from the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. To him who loves us, and has washed us from our sins in his blood,Darby

Ps 2:7

I will declare the decree: the Lord hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.

This speaks to His Resurrection Per Acts 13:33

God hath fulfilled the same unto us their children, in that he hath raised up Jesus again; as it is also written in the second psalm, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee.

So those He died for, they also together with Him, as He was begotten from the Dead, on their behalf, they were also, as Peter makes clear 1 Pet 1:3 !

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

We were begotten again by the Resurrection of Christ from the dead !

This proves our union with Christ when He died for us, and when He rose again for us, and this union is made manifest in time at the time of our personal new birth, when we are experimentally made to walk in the newness of Life because of it ! That would constitute our own personal new birth in this life !

The only way one for whom Christ died does not experience a new birth is if Christ Himself was not raised from the Dead, and thats the God's Truth, If He lived, they for whom He died shall live also, to the Glory of God !

So if one never experiences their own spiritual resurrection from the dead, being begotten again, or born again,
it's evident that they were not elected to be in Union with Christ before the foundation of the world Eph. 1:4:
His Death and Resurrection were not in their behalf; they are not a member of Christ's Body that He Loved Eph. 5:25!

~~~~~

beloved57

So if one never experiences their own spiritual resurrection from the dead, being begotten again, or born again,
it's evident that they were not elected to be in Union with Christ before the foundation of the world Eph. 1:4:
His Death and Resurrection were not in their behalf; they are not a member of Christ's Body that He Loved Eph. 5:25!

~~~~~

Exactly!

beloved57

Justification of Life Rom 5:18

Justification of Life Rom 5:18

Rom 5:18

18 Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.

False teachers use this scripture to impose the lie that Christ died for all without exception, but in reality this verse tells us why it cannot possibly teach that, in so much as it teaches one of the consequences of the death of Christ for them He died for, which is Justification of Life. Its the result of the Righteousness of One, that One being summed up in the Person and Work of Jesus Christ !

This scripture informs us that all those Christ Lived and died for, receive as a consequential free gift, Justification of Life, and or Life [spiritual and eternal]because of their Justification by the Life and death of Jesus Christ !

All for whom Christ died for their offences/sins, He was raised again from that death for their Justification, so testifies scripture Rom 4:25

25 Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification. This Justification is that of Rom 5:18 also !

Its the word dikaiōsis and means:

I.the act of God declaring men free from guilt and acceptable to him

II.abjuring to be righteous, justification

Listen, Christ's Resurrection from the dead from having died for those He was delivered unto death for their sins, His Resurrection was Gods declaring of them Righteous, declaring them free from guilt, and now acceptable to Him,

And Rom 5:18 adds the dimension that all whom this has been done for, receive Life , hence its called Justification of Life ! In other words, out of this Justification, out of this being now declared free from Guilt, comes Life !

Well then, as one man’s trespass [one man’s false step and falling away led] to condemnation for all men, so one Man’s act of righteousness [leads] to acquittal and right standing with God and life for all men.AMP

If Christ was raised from the dead after having died for our sins, it leads to us having/receiving Life as a result of it !

beloved57

Justification of Life Rom 5:18 2

Justification of Life Rom 5:18 2

They receive Life because the reason for their death, to include spiritual death which is sins wages Rom 6:23

23 For the wages of sin,offence,transgression,trespass is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

The gift here is also that which is stated in Rom 5:18

18 Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.

Also stated as the free gift in Vs 16

And not as it was by one that sinned, so is the gift: for the judgment was by one to condemnation, but the free gift is of many offences unto justification.

The reason for death, sin has been put away by the sacrifice of Christ Heb 9:26

For then must he often have suffered since the foundation of the world: but now once in the end of the world hath he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself.

Now their sins being put away, spiritual death for them must also be put away, or as Paul says it here abolished 2 Tim 1:10

10 But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel:

That word abolished katargeō means to:

I.to render idle, unemployed, inactivate, inoperative

A.to cause a person or thing to have no further efficiency

B.to deprive of force, influence, power

II.to cause to cease, put an end to, do away with, annul, abolish

A.to cease, to pass away, be done away

B.to be severed from, separated from, discharged from, loosed from any one

C.to terminate all intercourse with one

Christ's death, put away death, discharged from death, loosed from death, all for whom He died and arose, and the evidence is by giving Life to them,

Hence all for whom He died are quickened or given life while dead in sins Eph 2:1,5

And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;

Christ gives each one He died for Life by His Spirit Jn 6:63

63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

The Spirit does this quickening through the Mediation of Christ 1 Cor 15:45

45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.

So now listen and understand, the All men of Rom 5:18 that Justification of Life came upon, must also receive as confirmation and evidence of their sins being put away by Christ Heb 9:26, Life, and that means Spiritual life from being dead in sins, there is simply no way around it, if they dont, the fault must lie in the death of Christ, it must not have put away their sins before Gods Law and Justice , which we know it is not the case, because it did put away their sins, the Resurrection proves it !

StanJ

The reason for death, sin has been put away by the sacrifice of Christ Heb 9:26

Do you actually assimilate and understand what you post B57?

But he has appeared once for all at the culmination of the ages to do away with sin by the sacrifice of himself.

How about Rom 6:10?
The death he died, he died to sin once for all; but the life he lives, he lives to God.

or Heb 7:27?
He sacrificed for their sins once for all when he offered himself.

WHAT DID JESUS DIE FOR?

beloved57

It accomplished our healing/full salvation !

It accomplished our healing/full salvation !

1 Pet 2:24

24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

This one scripture condemns all who deny that Christ's Death alone brings about the total Salvation of all whom sins He bare in His body on the Tree !

The key phrase is "by whose stripes ye were healed" ! Stripes here stands for His Death, even the pain and suffering He endured on His way to the Cross, His total obedience unto death, even the death of the Cross Phil 2:8

8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

And Peter declares that by this obedience unto death, to even the cross, which equates to His stripes , they were healed ! Now who are they here ? Its Believers, for believing is an evidence that they had been healed, that they had been saved, converted !

In other words, the stripes of Christ results in their believing, the Salvation being brought about !

Lets look at the word healed here in our text 1 Pet 2:24

Its the greek word iaomai and means:

I heal, generally of the physical, sometimes of spiritual, disease.

particularly as supernatural and bringing attention to the Lord Himself as the Great Physician (cf. Is 53:4,5).

to make whole i. e. to free from errors and sins, to bring about (one's) salvation:

The words bring about mean :

To cause to occur as a consequence,

So The death/stripes of Christ brings about or causes to occur their Salvation as a consequence, which is "should live to righteousness:"

Thats the Salvation Christ's stripes produces for all whom sins He bare in His Body on the Tree !

That means if we believe and teach that one person for whom Christ died does not in this Life begin "to live to Righteousness" then we discredit and deny the saving success of His Death !

Its no way around it, and of course since we know all men without exception shall not " live unto Righteousness" then we know Christ's death, stripes were not for all men without exception, He did not bare the sins of all men without exception in His Body on the Tree !

Nanja

1 Pet 2:24

24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

This one scripture condemns all who deny that Christ's Death alone brings about the total Salvation of all whom sins He bare in His body on the Tree !

The key phrase is "by whose stripes ye were healed" ! Stripes here stands for His Death, even the pain and suffering He endured on His way to the Cross, His total obedience unto death, even the death of the Cross Phil 2:8

And Peter declares that by this obedience unto death, to even the cross, which equates to His stripes , they were healed ! Now who are they here ? Its Believers, for believing is an evidence that they had been healed, that they had been saved, converted !

In other words, the stripes of Christ results in their believing, the Salvation being brought about !

Lets look at the word healed here in our text 1 Pet 2:24

Its the greek word iaomai and means:

I heal, generally of the physical, sometimes of spiritual, disease.

particularly as supernatural and bringing attention to the Lord Himself as the Great Physician (cf. Is 53:4,5).

to make whole i. e. to free from errors and sins, to bring about (one's) salvation:

The words bring about mean :

To cause to occur as a consequence,

So The death/stripes of Christ brings about or causes to occur their Salvation as a consequence, which is "should live to righteousness:"

Thats the Salvation Christ's stripes produces for all whom sins He bare in His Body on the Tree !

That means if we believe and teach that one person for whom Christ died does not in this Life begin "to live to Righteousness" then we discredit and deny the saving success of His Death !

Its no way around it, and of course since we know all men without exception shall not " live unto Righteousness" then we know Christ's death, stripes were not for all men without exception, He did not bare the sins of all men without exception in His Body on the Tree !

Amen! You have perfectly illustrated from scripture the "L" in the Gospel
of God's Electing Grace TULIP which speaks of a Limited atonement!

~~~~~

beloved57

Amen! You have perfectly illustrated from scripture the "L" in the Gospel
of God's Electing Grace TULIP which speaks of a Limited atonement!

~~~~~
Amen and if one doesn't believe it they are saying that Christ stripes/death failed to bring about ones Salvation!

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Rom 5:11

11And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.

The Atonement of Christ has reconciled the elect world to God. It secured and ensured for it [ the elect world] every spiritual blessing needed to live unto God and for His Glory through Jesus christ.

Even before the elect are born into this world as sinners, they have already [by the blood of Christ] been reconciled to God, it will now be a matter of time for it to be manifested.

The atonement accomplished the complete salvation for all whom it was offered for, that is the death of christ. It provides them Faith, repentance, sanctification, redemption, and every needful spiritual blessing to convert them to God, and remain secured forever.
The theology of the atonement brought God down to earth. He is no longer a remote figure sitting on a throne somewhere in heaven. He is in us. When Jesus called us to be the sons and daughters of God he was telling us that "religion" as we know it is over.

It represented a profound change in humankind: spirituality infusing the entire world: a true Kingdom of God.