The Atonement: What did it REALLY Accomplish?

beloved57

LOL...a small mutual admiration society. How sweet.

No, Paul teaches they receive it when they recognize and confess Jesus. Rom 10:9-11
You still confuse reconciliation with salvation, and they are two DIFFERENT issues.

They received it while they were enemies and unbelievers, for then they were reconciled to God Rom 5:10, while others as enemies and unbelievers are under Gods Wrath and condemnation John 3:18,36 !

StanJ

They received it while they were enemies and unbelievers, for then they were reconciled to God Rom 5:10, while others as enemies and unbelievers are under Gods Wrath and condemnation John 3:18,36 !

singing-parrot-smiley-emoticon.gif

beloved57

Ransomed out of unbelief !2

Ransomed out of unbelief !2

One of the most subtle falsehoods today that takes away credit from the death of Christ and its effects for all for whom He died, is that even though He died in their stead, they are under condemnation for their unbelief Jn 3:18

18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

False teachers say this means that even those for whom Christ died are already condemned because of unbelief !

The problem however is that those Christ died for are actually the Vessels of Mercy, and God has purposed to show them Mercy because of their unbelief Rom 11:32

32 For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he mighthave mercy upon all.

You see that, Unbelief is the cause of God having Mercy upon them and not the cause of God condemning them.

This has been Illustrated by the Apostle who obtained Mercy [as a Vessel of Mercy] because of the evil he did in unbelief 1 Tim 1:13-14

13 Who was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious: but I obtained mercy, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief.

14 And the grace of our Lord was exceeding abundant with faith and love which is in Christ Jesus.

You see that in Vs 13 ? Unbelief was the occasion for God having Mercy upon him not condemning him !

This was because Christ had gave Himself for Paul as he stated here Gal 2:20

20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

When we are Loved by the Son of God, and He gave Himself for us, we obtain mercy for our unbelief and ignorance, not condemnation !

For one whom Christ died to die in their sins in unbelief Jn 8:24 is a contradiction to the saving mercy and purposes of God in Christ !

Finally, those in Jn 3:18 who are in unbelief and already condemned, they are not condemned because of their unbelief, but because of their sins charged upon them, and not having Christ as their Surety, and so unbelief to them is a consequential evidence of remaining under the condemnation of the Law for their sins against it, because, believing not meant they were not of God's Sheep Jn 10:26 for whom Christ died Jn 10:11,15 !

beloved57

Because I live, ye shall live also !

Because I live, ye shall live also !

Jn 14:19

19 Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.

Jesus here is speaking to and of His Sheep, and He makes this Promise to them "because I live, ye shall live also" !

He can say this because He is their Legal Head in Union with them, He is speaking as the Great Shepherd of the Sheep, who by His Blood Shed, He will establish Life and Peace for the Sheep, by the Blood of the Everlasting Covenant Heb 13:20

20 Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant,

BTW , If He is brought from the Dead as the Great Shepherd of the Sheep, He died as the Great Shepherd of the Sheep, and He did not die for us if we were not of His Sheep, neither shall we believe in Him for that same reason Jn 10:26 !

Since by this He was brought again from the dead, therefore He Lives and that forever more Rev 1:18

18 I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

And because He now Lives as their Head and Shepherd, all the Sheep shall live also, and that's Jesus promise in our text Jn 14:19 !

They shall live also because unto them He has been made a Life-giving Spirit 1 Cor 15:45, and so if everyone He rose as their Great Shepherd from the dead for Heb 13:20, doesn't be made to Live also, then Christ's words in Jn 14:19 are a lie, a cheat, He is a false witness, which i hope none who call themselves believers would ever admit to. And since all men without exception shall live and see Life Jn 3:36, they were not of His Sheep that He died for, to whom the promise of Jn 14:19 was made !

StanJ

Post 798, did you understand the points I made ?

Sorry I don't read copy & paste jobs nor onerous ones. Inundating us with these type of posts and ignoring short explicit questions doesn't really foster any kind of productive exchange B57. We don't need to be indoctrinated, we need YOU to prove and support the texts you misuse.

beloved57

Sorry I don't read copy & paste jobs nor onerous ones. Inundating us with these type of posts and ignoring short explicit questions doesn't really foster any kind of productive exchange B57. We don't need to be indoctrinated, we need YOU to prove and support the texts you misuse.

Ok, thats on you, you evade my explanations of what I believe !

StanJ

Ok, thats on you, you evade my explanations of what I believe !

They not explanation B57, that is cut & paste doctrine from some RT site or other source. Explaining would mean answering the hundreds of posts that have been directed at you on this one thread alone, which you DON'T do.
You simply parrot the same old stuff all the time and then do this.

beloved57

They not explanation B57, that is cut & paste doctrine from some RT site or other source. Explaining would mean answering the hundreds of posts that have been directed at you on this one thread alone, which you DON'T do.
You simply parrot the same old stuff all the time and then do this.

You can call them what you will, you evade my explanations of what I believe and why!

Nanja

The Truth is hid from you.

2 Cor. 4:3-4 But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:
In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,
lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

~~~~~

StanJ

lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

As Jesus IS my savior and I actually KNOW what the Bible says, I'll take this as an ignorant comment from an ignorant Calvinist. Very typical for women of your ilk. I bet you believe the KJV is the only Bible we should use as well?

beloved57

~~~~~

Amen!

StanJ

and I have the same response for you.

As Jesus IS my savior and I actually KNOW what the Bible says, I'll take this as an ignorant comment from an ignorant Calvinist. Very typical for women of your ilk. I bet you believe the KJV is the only Bible we should use as well?