The Assault Against Local Police

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hearing stories almost daily of police officers going to jail for justifiably shooting armed criminals, I wanted to document cases showing the circumstances involved. Obviously local authorities are throwing law enforcement officers under the bus for fear of riots in their city.
The first post will be what you see in the national news, sometimes years after the incident happened, sometimes giving brief details of the incident, but mainly focusing on the emotions of the career criminal's family, of course playing them up to be victims.

The the post after that will show the entire story, usually found in a local newspaper right after the incident happened.

Story #1: Daniel Hambrick, 25 year old career criminal shot by Nashville TN Police Officer Andrew Delke.

Mom of Black Man Killed by White Cop Tells Cop, Lawyers to 'Rot in Hell' After Plea Deal​

July 2, 2021

The mother of a Black man killed by a white former Nashville officer released an impassioned objection in court Friday over a plea deal she said was arranged behind her back.
Former officer Andrew Delke pleaded guilty to manslaughter over the 2018 shooting death of 25-year-old Daniel Hambrick as part of a deal with prosecutors. Judge Monte Watkins accepted the agreement over the Hambrick family's wishes.

The deal allows Delke to serve a three-year prison sentence provided that he not pursue parole and appeal the case.

"I have contempt for this system. I have contempt for this plea. I have contempt for the (Fraternal Order of Police). And I have a special contempt for Andrew Delke. May you all rot in hell," said attorney Joy Kimbrough, who read the statement as Vickie Hambrick wept behind her.

At one point, the hearing turned volatile as Hambrick's mother, Vickie, gave a lengthy statement as family members and others applauded and banged on the door in support.

"I hate you," Vickie Hambrick screamed over and over again, while also yelling out profanities.

In a particularly chaotic moment, the mother knocked over the lectern and a computer monitor and family members rushed to her side. Delke and Judge Watkins were briefly ushered out of the courtroom.

Delke was about to face trial for a first-degree murder charge, but on Thursday, his attorney announced he had agreed to plead guilty to voluntary manslaughter.

Read more: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crim...er-plea-deal/ar-AALHX43?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
And now for the rest of the story:

Man shot, killed by Metro Police had lengthy criminal history of robberies, drugs​

July 26, 2018

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WZTV) — According to records obtained by FOX 17 News, the man shot and killed by a Metro Police officer Thursday night has been charged with robbery, resisting arrest, evading arrest, possession with intent to deliver, being a felon in possession of a weapon and more.

Daniel Hambrick, 25, was killed during a traffic stop at 17th Avenue and Jo Johnson Avenue in North Nashville. The Metro Police officer who fired the shots at Hambrick has been identified as Andrew Delke, also 25 years old.

The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation said Hambrick was shot after officers, who were in the area investigating stolen vehicles, initiated a second traffic stop after already fleeing from police once.

Police reported that Hambrick emerged from the vehicle with a gun before he was shot.

According to records, here is Hambrick's criminal history:

• 6/26/2009 - Convicted of felony aggravated robbery
  • 6/27/2009 - Convicted of aggravated robbery
  • 8/11/2009 - Indicted for felony aggravated robbery
  • 2/10/2010 - Convicted of misdemeanor assault
  • 2/22/2013 - Convicted of possession or casual exchange
  • 10/26/2013 - Convicted of misdemeanor alternate ID number
  • 10/27/2013 - Convicted of weapon possession, felon in possession of a weapon
  • 11/7/2013 - Convicted of drugs in a drug-free school zone, resisting arrest, use of drug paraphernalia, criminal impersonation, possession with intent to deliver
  • 11/23/2015 - Convicted of possession or casual exchange
  • 12/21/2016 - Convicted of drugs in a drug-free school zone, resisting arrest, drugs, felon in possession of a weapon, evading arrest, possession with intent to deliver
  • 12-/21/2017 - Convicted of being a felon in possession of a weapon with intent

707766f3-be6f-45b0-9740-7b7d7a77ca4d-large16x9_Hambrick.png

Evidently a police officer has to be fired upon by a suspected felon carrying a gun before he can fire at the suspect.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
I was glad to hear this. I was concerned that Officer Derek Chauvin would apologize for career criminal/junky George Floyd's death as part of a sentencing deal. Offering condolences is not an apology.

Derek Chauvin offers ‘condolences’ to George Floyd’s family but doesn’t apologize​

June 25, 2021

Former Minneapolis police officer Derek Chauvin during his sentencing hearing offered his condolences to George Floyd’s family – but did not apologize or take responsibility for murdering the black man.

Wearing a light gray suit and with his face mask removed, Chauvin on Friday afternoon said the most he has publicly at Hennepin County Government Center.

‘Due to some additional legal matters at hand I’m not able to really give a full formal statement at this time. Briefly though, I do want to give my condolences to the Floyd family,’ Chauvin said, appearing to turn to look at the family.

‘There’s gonna be some other information in the future that would be of interest and I hope things will give you some peace of mind. Thank you.

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
The insanity continues, this time possibly prosecuting a police officer who was trying to save a black teenager's life.

Ohio's attorney general is referring the police killing of 16-year-old Ma'Khia Bryant to the local prosecutor​

From the looks of it they appear to be gearing up to assault the Foster Care system as well. :unsure:

Gotta appreciate the work ethic.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond

A Columbus officer shot Bryant in April after she was seen lunging at a woman with what they said was a knife.

Why on Earth are they questioning whether the object in her hand was a knife?

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame

A Columbus officer shot Bryant in April after she was seen lunging at a woman with what they said was a knife.

I know, right?... A year or two ago I would have thought that strange too. :sneaky:

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ

Because it was the police who said it, and they obviously are all liars. It was probably a baloney sandwich, and they saw it and thought, "That was probably made with a knife," and then thought, "Close enough"---POW!

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER

Arthur Keith's Family Demands Civil Rights Probe Into His Death At Hands Of Cleveland Cop​

7-7-21

The family of Arthur Keith is demanding a civil rights investigation after the Ohio Attorney General's Office announced no charges would be brought against the Cleveland housing officer who fatally shot the 19-year-old....

Keith was shot and killed by CMHA officer James Griffiths on Nov. 13....

A grand jury was convened by Attorney General Dave Yost to decide whether the shooting was a criminal act. On Wednesday, Yost's office announced the jury declined to indict Griffiths or any of the officers involved.

"The grand jury ultimately felt that Officer Griffiths acted reasonably," senior assistant attorney general Anthony Pierson said at a news conference.

On Nov. 13, a 911 caller reported that a person who had fired shots on a previous occasion was in the King Kennedy Complex. CMHA officers responded and encountered a van matching the 911 caller's description.

Pierson said one officer opened the van's door and saw Keith in the back of the vehicle with a gun. Investigators said Keith pointed a gun at an officer, who then shot Keith four times.

Only the CMHA officer said Keith pointed a gun at him, Pierson said. Witnesses have told local news outlets that Keith didn't point a gun and was running away when he was shot. Pierson said Keith's DNA was on the trigger, slide and magazine of the gun found at the scene.

112420-national-arthur-keith.jpg

Gang-banger Arthur Keith. Shot by the police after pointing a gun at a police officer.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Shot AT Keith four times. Apparently only one hit him. In the back.

So where's the video footage of Arthur Keith lying face down after running away from the van and being shot in the back by Officer Griffiths? Surely one or more of your homies would have recorded it.

ok doser

Evidently your radar thought that it was important to post that out of 4 shots fired by the Officer ...
Only one hit the perp, contrary to your confused claim that Griffiths SHOT Keith four times. I can understand why you might be confused. People who aren't familiar with guns could easily be expected to confuse shooting somebody with shooting AT somebody.
one hit Saint Arthur in the back.
You consider him a saint?

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
aCultureWarrior said:
Evidently your radar thought that it was important to post that out of 4 shots fired by the Officer ...
Only one hit the perp, contrary to your confused claim that Griffiths SHOT Keith four times.
I wrote: "...out of 4 shots fired by the Officer". Oh, I see where you're confused. The article that I posted stated "Pierson said one officer opened the van's door and saw Keith in the back of the vehicle with a gun. Investigators said Keith pointed a gun at an officer, who then shot Keith four times."

I'm curious, why was it important for you to mention that Saint Arthur was hit in the back by one of the 4 shots?

ok doser said:
"Shot AT Keith four times. Apparently only one hit him. In the back."

I can understand why you might be confused. People who aren't familiar with guns could easily be expected to confuse shooting somebody with shooting AT somebody.

Again, why was it important for you to mention that Saint Arthur was shot in the back? All of the headlines from the mainstream media say that. Are you agreeing with the mainstream media that Saint Arthur was murdered by the police officer?

I'm just showing respect to the libertarian community, as druggies are given Sainthood.

ok doser

The article that I posted stated "... an officer ... shot Keith four times."
Yes
Yes it did
It was false
I'm curious, why was it important for you to mention that Saint Arthur was hit in the back by one of the 4 shots?
Because it was true
Again, why was it important for you to mention that Saint Arthur was shot in the back?
Because that's the most contentious aspect of the controversy.
All of the headlines from the mainstream media say that.
If you say so.
I just looked at the autopsy report.
Are you agreeing with the mainstream media ...
Unlikely
that Saint Arthur
Weird
was murdered by the police officer?
That's for a jury to decide

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Sigh, libertarians these days, they try so hard.

aCultureWarrior said:
Are you agreeing with the mainstream media that Saint Arthur was murdered by the police officer?
That's for a jury to decide
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but a grand jury heard and saw all of the evidence and found that the shooting of your beloved Saint Arthur was justified. Evidently they weren't as concerned as you and Saint Arthur's family that one of the shots fired hit the thug in the back.

Stick around, you'll get an opportunity to do a lot of cop bashing with the next case: Saint Ronald Greene.

ok doser

Sigh, libertarians these days ...
Is that what you're identifying as, these days?
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but a grand jury heard and saw all of the evidence and found that the shooting ... was justified.
Why would you consider that to be bad news?
Does it have something to do with your new willingness to identify as a libertarian?
... your beloved Saint Arthur ...
Once again you are confused.

It is YOU who continually refers to Keith as a Saint.
Evidently they weren't as concerned as you and Saint Arthur's family that one of the shots fired hit the thug in the back.
From what I read in a quick search that anybody can do, they were indeed concerned that the single shot that hit him, hit him in the back.
I think that any decent person would be.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
aCultureWarrior said:
Sigh, libertarians these days ...
Is that what you're identifying as, these days?

That would make us allies, and well, we're anything but that.

aCultureWarrior said:
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but a grand jury heard and saw all of the evidence and found that the shooting of your beloved Saint Arthur was justified. Evidently they weren't as concerned as you and Saint Arthur's family that one of the shots fired hit the thug in the back.
Why would you consider that to be bad news?

You seemed to be looking forward to yet another public lynching of a police officer. (Libertarians have a very long history of being anti law enforcement, I'll get to that subject in an upcoming post).
It is YOU who continually refers to Keith as a Saint.

All of these career criminals and drug addicts are treated like Saints. You're not offended that I'm mocking the defenders of career criminals and drug addicts are you?

From what I read in a quick search that anybody can do, they were indeed concerned that the single shot that hit him, hit him in the back.
I think that any decent person would be.
The Grand Jury wasn't concerned, and they heard all of the evidence. Maybe Grand Juries are "unreasonable"?