THE APOSTLES DID NOT PREACH THE SAME GOSPEL

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
No such thing as salvation through Paul.

Jesus came and gave the one and only gospel.

No one can make another gospel.
Galatians 1:11-12 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

11 For I would have you know, brethren, that the gospel which was preached by me is not according to man. 12 For I neither received it from man, nor was I taught it, but I received it through a revelation of Jesus Christ.

Right Divider

Body part

11 For I would have you know, brethren, that the gospel which was preached by me is not according to man. 12 For I neither received it from man, nor was I taught it, but I received it through a revelation of Jesus Christ.
The very fact that Paul words it this way shows that he was NOT preaching the "one and only gospel".​

God's Truth

Nice straw man.

That's not what BR said.

Nope. Jesus gave two gospels. One to his disciples, the other to Paul

Another straw man.

Jesus didn't give two saving gospels. He gave one.

Do you really want to believe and preach that Jesus gave two opposing covenants?

God's Truth

Paul is saying he is an apostle to the gospel of Jesus Christ for the one and only gospel such as the Peter and the rest preached.

Paul is explaining he has the same gospel and is an apostle just like Peter and the rest, except that he learned if from Jesus after he ascended.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Paul is saying he is an apostle to the gospel of Jesus Christ for the one and only gospel such as the Peter and the rest preached.

Paul is explaining he has the same gospel and is an apostle just like Peter and the rest, except that he learned if from Jesus after he ascended.

That isn't what Scripture says.

God's Truth

That isn't what Scripture says.

That is what scripture says.

Paul is explaining that he is an apostle to Jesus just LIKE PETER and the other apostles.

An apostle had to be a person taught by Jesus firsthand.

Everyone knew that Paul was not one of them with Jesus while Jesus was alive.

Paul explained that he was not taught by Peter or any man, but by Jesus himself, only after his death and ascension.

bibleverse2

The gospel good news is Jesus Christ.

Mark 1:1 . . .

Amen.

That's why the Gospel of Jesus Christ, in its widest sense, includes much more than even the amazing 1 Corinthians 15:1-4. It's why the entire first four books of the New Testament are called "the Gospels", and why the Gospel of Mark can say that the Gospel begins with Mark 1:1.

And so the Gospel can include everything in the Gospels, even including their eschatological teachings (e.g. Mark 13). And if the Gospel can include New Testament eschatological teachings, then it can include the eschatological book of Revelation, and all of the apostle Paul's eschatological teachings, as well as his soteriological teachings, which he rightly claims are based on Old Testament prophecies (Acts 26:22-23). This is why Christians hold to the entire Bible as being vital to Christian faith (2 Timothy 3:15 to 4:4, John 8:31b, Matthew 4:4).

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Has any here made any attempt whatsoever to explain the need for Paul if his gospel was the same as that of Jesus and the Twelve?

I haven't been following the thread so I thought I'd ask.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Has any here made any attempt whatsoever to explain the need for Paul if his gospel was the same as that of Jesus and the Twelve?

Not at all

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
It is true that there are Christians and then there are Paulists, but that does not mean that Paul is opposed to the Gospels. Mostly, it's people who try to reinterpret what Paul said, to put it in opposition to the others.

Sola fide requires this, but then sola fide was never established Christian doctrine.

DougE

If Paul was preaching the same gospel he would not have had to go to Jerusalem to convey his gospel, as it would be the same gospel already preached and known (Galatians 2:2).

Paul states he had a different gospel in 1 Corinthians 9:17 For if I do this thing willingly, I have a reward: but if against my will, a dispensation of the gospel is committed unto me.

God's Truth

You have been told by me before but you just act like you weren't.

Paul himself tells us why God chose him to be an apostle.

The Lord’s Grace to Paul

Timothy 1:12 I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who has given me strength, that he considered me trustworthy, appointing me to his service. 13Even though I was once a blasphemer and a persecutor and a violent man, I was shown mercy because I acted in ignorance and unbelief. 14The grace of our Lord was poured out on me abundantly, along with the faith and love that are in Christ Jesus.

15Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners—of whom I am the worst. 16But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. 17Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever. Amen.