The Abolishment of God's Law

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
That's because the law kills, but the Spirit brings life, 2 Corinthians 3:6.

Shalom.

The NASB rather,

2 Corinthians 3:6 NASB 6 who also made us adequate as servants of a new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

2 Corinthians 3:6 KJV 6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

Shalom.

Jacob

john w

Hall of Fame
Nice to see you agree with TOL's biggest heretic. You have a lot in common.

No, you are an admitted Calvinist, and Catholic, as pertaining to justification, as you satanically assert, like them, that justification is according to the law.

john w

Hall of Fame
The feast are part of the law if you are commanded to attend them.

As I predicted...

Are the feasts part of the law, Pate?

He will not answer with a yes/no, for, if he says "yes," his "The law was abolished at the cross for believers" would be refuted,again, as all the feasts were observed "post cross" by believers, starting at Pentecost, including the 12, and Paul..

Are the feasts part of the law, Pate?Yes, or no?

He is caught, in another lie, and he knows it, explaining the dodge, deceitful side step.

Robert Pate

Banned
As I predicted...

Are the feasts part of the law, Pate?

He will not answer with a yes/no, for, if he says "yes," his "The law was abolished at the cross for believers" would be refuted,again, as all the feasts were observed "post cross" by believers, starting at Pentecost, including the 12, and Paul..

Are the feasts part of the law, Pate?Yes, or no?

He is caught, in another lie, and he knows it, explaining the dodge, deceitful side step.

Many of the apostles continued to observe and practice the law, because they could not comprehend that it had been abolished. Kind of like you.

Robert Pate

Banned
You assert that the law, as obeyed by the Saviour, is imputed to believers, tying justification, to law keeping, so you lied-again.

You need to go take a sedative.

All that Jesus was and all that Jesus did was for our justification. Jesus was God with us and God for us, We are complete in him, Colossians 2:10.

john w

Hall of Fame
Many of the apostles continued to observe and practice the law, because they could not comprehend that it had been abolished. Kind of like you.

Catch that slight of hand, satanic deception, TOL audience? He tries to "splain away" why the 12, Paul, early Acts believers, all observed the law, because they " could not comprehend that it had been abolished."

Yeh, sure, Pate. The 12 spent 40 days in "boot camp" with the Lord Jesus Christ, after the resurrection, had the "power from on high," Spirit filled, had miraculous gifts, raised the dead.................Paul was the chosen vessel, the apostle to the Gentiles...............................and they all just could not comprehend..............

You were embarrassed, and you keep lying, spinning, as you are a proud windbag, never admitting you are wrong, having an unteacheable spirit-that is your rep/MO, on TOL.

No, the early Acts believers,were taught by the apostles, the apostles were taught by the Lord Jesus Christ, directly, and Paul was instructed, directly, via the Lord From Heaven, via revelation, to observe the law, "post cross."

You lied, and continued to lie.

Peter, the 11, kept the feasts, "post cross"-the feasts were according to the law:

Paul kept the feasts, "post cross"-the feasts were according to the law:

Acts 18 KJV

21 But bade them farewell, saying, I must by all means keep this feast that cometh in Jerusalem: but I will return again unto you, if God will. And he sailed from Ephesus.

Acts 20 KJV
6 And we sailed away from Philippi after the days of unleavened bread, and came unto them to Troas in five days; where we abode seven days.

Acts 20 KJV

6 For Paul had determined to sail by Ephesus, because he would not spend the time in Asia: for he hasted, if it were possible for him, to be at Jerusalem the day of Pentecost.

Pate: The law was nailed to the cross!!!!!!The 12, Paul, Acts 2 believers,were just confused!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!They remained confused for decades after the cross!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

john w

Hall of Fame
You need to go take a sedative.

All that Jesus was and all that Jesus did was for our justification. Jesus was God with us and God for us, We are complete in him, Colossians 2:10.

You need to quit lying, and changing your story, and be in a straight jacket, Pate.
The law will not make you righteous.

You assert that the law, as obeyed by the Saviour, is imputed to believers, tying justification, to law keeping, so you lied-again.

Robert Pate

Banned
Catch that slight of hand, satanic deception, TOL audience? He tries to "splain away" why the 12, Paul, early Acts believers, all observed the law, because they " could not comprehend that it had been abolished."

Yeh, sure, Pate. The 12 spent 40 days in "boot camp" with the Lord Jesus Christ, after the resurrection, had the "power from on high," Spirit filled, had miraculous gifts, raised the dead.................Paul was the chosen vessel, the apostle to the Gentiles...............................and they all just could not comprehend..............

You were embarrassed, and you keep lying, spinning, as you are a proud windbag, never admitting you are wrong, having an unteacheable spirit-that is your rep/MO, on TOL.

No, the early Acts believers,were taught by the apostles, the apostles were taught by the Lord Jesus Christ, directly, and Paul was instructed, directly, via the Lord From Heaven, via revelation, to observe the law, "post cross."

You lied, and continued to lie.

Peter, the 11, kept the feasts, "post cross"-the feasts were according to the law:

Paul kept the feasts, "post cross"-the feasts were according to the law:

Acts 18 KJV

21 But bade them farewell, saying, I must by all means keep this feast that cometh in Jerusalem: but I will return again unto you, if God will. And he sailed from Ephesus.

Acts 20 KJV
6 And we sailed away from Philippi after the days of unleavened bread, and came unto them to Troas in five days; where we abode seven days.

Acts 20 KJV

6 For Paul had determined to sail by Ephesus, because he would not spend the time in Asia: for he hasted, if it were possible for him, to be at Jerusalem the day of Pentecost.

Pate: The law was nailed to the cross!!!!!!The 12, Paul, Acts 2 believers,were just confused!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!They remained confused for decades after the cross!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You rant and carry on when your real problem is that you cannot believe the scriptures. Which leads me to believe that you are void of the Holy Spirit who is the teacher of truth, John 16:13.

How many scriptures do you need before you believe?

john w

Hall of Fame
You rant and carry on when your real problem is that you cannot believe the scriptures. Which leads me to believe that you are void of the Holy Spirit who is the teacher of truth, John 16:13.

How many scriptures do you need before you believe?
Pate's "trump card," his "Hail Mary," that he spams, word for word, being the good Catholic that he is-the above.

He spams the above word for word copy'npaste, on every thread, when his opponent is picking him apart, like I did.

Next up: That is just your opinion.

Wow, Pate! That "you cannot believe the scriptures" is so original!!! Please teach us? Please?How did you come up with that "never before heard" debate ender???? Which leads me to believe that you are void of the Holy Spirit who is the teacher of truth, and are a child of the devil.

I just one upped you. See how that works?

Try this stumper: Don't you believe God the Father,the Lord Jesus Christ, Peter, Paul? How many scriptures do you need before you believe? Why aren't you saved, Pate? Don't you believe the gospel of Christ?

Fun!

I picked you apart, with your made up "they just could not comprehend" jazz, comedy act.

Robert Pate

Banned
Pate's "trump card," his "Hail Mary," that he spams, word for word, being the good Catholic that he is-the above.

He spams the above word for word copy'npaste, on every thread, when his opponent is picking him apart, like I did.

Next up: That is just your opinion.

Wow, Pate! That "you cannot believe the scriptures" is so original!!! Please teach us? Please?How did you come up with that "never before heard" debate ender???? Which leads me to believe that you are void of the Holy Spirit who is the teacher of truth, and are a child of the devil.

I just one upped you. See how that works?

Try this stumper: Don't you believe God the Father,the Lord Jesus Christ, Peter, Paul? How many scriptures do you need before you believe? Why aren't you saved, Pate? Don't you believe the gospel of Christ?

Fun!

I picked you apart, with your made up "they just could not comprehend" jazz, comedy act.

What does this scripture mean to you?

"For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believes" Romans 10:4.

john w

Hall of Fame
What does this scripture mean to you?

"For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believes" Romans 10:4.

The very design of the law, is to to bring men/women, to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, for justification and salvation, as He alone gives that forgiveness/pardon, and resurrected life which the law shows the want of, but cannot provide. The Lord Jesus Christ is the "end game," so to speak, the culmination of God's holy law, in the sense that it has pointed to him, as the school master, and has been finalized/realized in him. God's holy law has not ceased to have a necessary function, nor has it ceased to have any value, nor is it void. Survey Romans 7.......

12 Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good.13 Was then that which is good made death unto me? God forbid. But sin, that it might appear sin, working death in me by that which is good; that sin by the commandment might become exceeding sinful.14 For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.

The Lord Jesus Christ has not abolished/destroyed the law....

Matthew 5 KJV
17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

......but the LORD God, through His Christ, has replaced it as the standard for righteousness, with His Christ. In this sense he has culminated the law as the "end game"/focal point of the purpose of God's holy law-Christ is the end game of the law.

But the book, in no way, asserts that God's holy law is destroyed/does not exist, or is "abolished."

The Lord Jesus Christ, being the "it is finished," is the holy law's goal, its climax, its inevitable outcome. Coming to faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, and what He did, is thus the resultant "end", the goal, with Him being the consummation to whom the holy law of God points.

Again, Paul does not say, or even imply, that the Lord Jesus Christ abolished/terminated the validity, function, and relevance of God's holy law. The purpose of this law, and most of "the volume of the book,"is to point us to our innate human need for a Savior, to "get us out" of our dire predicament, and realize that the law is now no longer our slave driver, as we came to Christ, and we are no longer under its jurisdiction, as pertaining to the penalty of sin(salvation), or the power of sin(sanctification), nor is it our "source for our "walk"-he is our "end."

Romans 3 KJV

31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

Last edited:

Robert Pate

Banned
The very design of the law, is to to bring men/women, to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, for justification and salvation, as He alone gives that forgiveness/pardon, and resurrected life which the law shows the want of, but cannot provide. The Lord Jesus Christ is the "end game," so to speak, the culmination of God's holy law, in the sense that it has pointed to him, as the school master, and has been finalized/realized in him. God's holy law has not ceased to have a necessary function, nor has it ceased to have any value, nor is it void. Survey Romans 7.......

12 Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good.13 Was then that which is good made death unto me? God forbid. But sin, that it might appear sin, working death in me by that which is good; that sin by the commandment might become exceeding sinful.14 For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.

The Lord Jesus Christ has not abolished/destroyed the law....

Matthew 5 KJV
17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

......but the LORD God, through His Christ, has replaced it as the standard for righteousness, with His Christ. In this sense he has culminated the law as the "end game"/focal point of the purpose of God's holy law-Christ is the end game of the law.

But the book, in no way, asserts that God's holy law is destroyed/does not exist, or is "abolished."

The Lord Jesus Christ, being the "it is finished," is the holy law's goal, its climax, its inevitable outcome. Coming to faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, and what He did, is thus the resultant "end", the goal, with Him being the consummation to whom the holy law of God points.

Again, Paul does not say, or even imply, that the Lord Jesus Christ abolished/terminated the validity, function, and relevance of God's holy law. The purpose of the this law, and most of "the volume of the book,"is to point us to our innate human need for a Savior, to get us out of our dire predicament, and realize that the law is now no longer our slave driver, as we came to Christ, and we are no longer under its jurisdiction, as pertaining to the penalty of sin(salvation), or the power of sin(sanctification), nor is it our "source for our "walk"-he is our "end."

Romans 3 KJV

31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

If the law has not been abolished there is no hope of being justified by faith. Where there is law there is judgment and condemnation.

"The letter (law) kills but the Spirit brings life" 2 Corinthians 3:6.

Paul said to the Galatians, "Tell me that you desire to be under the law, do you not hear the law" Galatians 4:21.

John W cannot believe the scriptures, nor can he hear the law.

The law will damn you to hell. "For as many as are under the law are under the curse' Galatians 3:10.

Here is the truth. The law has been replaced by Jesus Christ. What the law is to the Jew, Jesus Christ is to the Christian.

"Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster that brought us to Christ, that we might be justified by faith. But after faith is come, WE ARE NO LONGER UNDER THE SCHOOLMASTER" Galatians 3:24, 25.

Did you get that? The schoolmaster is the law.

This is why the scripture says, "Christ is the end of the law for righteousness" Romans 10:4.

john w

Hall of Fame
If the law has not been abolished there is no hope of being justified by faith. Where there is law there is judgment and condemnation.

You devious punk, satanic accuser. I never said righteousness is via the law, as you do, and it is a false dichotomy, devious ploy on your part, to conclude, that because others do assert that justification is via by faith, apart from the law,that means that the law is abolished/void/does not exist/vanished, as you satanically insist. That is from the pits of hell, and many others have called you on this demon "inspired" dung.

And you, on record, assert that the feasts are not part of God's holy law, and that Paul is a liar.

Last edited:

john w

Hall of Fame
Did you get that? The schoolmaster is the law.

This is why the scripture says, "Christ is the end of the law for righteousness" Romans 10:4.

1.I told you, that the law acts as a school master, to bring the lost to Christ, moron, but you keep spamming that the law is abolished for believers, but not for the lost, which is double speak, a made up, corrupted, butchered meaning of the word "abolish," "destroy," that you got from the net, and other wolves.

2. Romans 10:4 KJV does not say that the law is abolished/void/gone/does not exist-that is your satanic "interpretation," from the pits of hell.

Robert Pate

Banned
You devious punk, satanic accuser. I never said righteousness is via the law, as you do, and it is a false dichotomy, devious ploy on your part, to conclude, that because others do assert that justification is via by faith, apart from the law,that means that the law is abolished/void/does not exist/vanished, as you satanically insist. That is from the pits of hell, and many others have called you on this demon "inspired" dung.

And you, on record, assert that the feasts are not part of God;s holy law, and that Paul is a liar.

You just can't talk to me without calling me names.

Most Forums would kick you off for name calling. How many Forums have you been kicked off?

The law has been replaced by Jesus Christ.

"Christ is the end of the law for righteousness" Romans 10:4.

You cant understand the scriptures, nor can you hear the law.

john w

Hall of Fame
You just can't talk to me without calling me names.

Most Forums would kick you off for name calling.

Name calling is biblical, you wolf, and the LORD God demands that believers(which excludes you) mark/identify/expose, and call the wolves, perverters, children of the devil, what they are.

Face you-wolf.

And stuff your cry baby routine.

How many Forums have you been kicked off?

None. How many men's(my emphasis) forums, have banned you, for your spineless whimpering act?
The law has been replaced by Jesus Christ.

From "abolished" to now "replaced," eh, wolf Pate? That is slick....That is your MO on TOL, changing your story, then denying that you did, and crying, spamming.
"Christ is the end of the law for righteousness" Romans 10:4.

That does not mean that the law has been abolished/has been destroyed/no longer exists/has been made void/has vanished, as you satanically assert from daddy devil.

You cant understand the scriptures, nor can you hear the law.

Another one of your word-for-word spams, that you say to almost everyone, that disagrees with you.

Pathetic spammer.

Leave TOL. You drive people away from the Lord Jesus Christ, with your satanic "doctrine," leading them to hate Christianity, as you embarrass yourself.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

And you, on record, assert that the feasts are not part of God;s holy law, and that Paul is a liar.
I heard a guy say that he was a dispy for years and after more study he realized he should be keeping the feasts and he abandoned dispensational doctrine. Should we be keeping the feasts of the Lord? I asked him why he doesn't adhere to Paul's gospel and he told me to read 1 John, that's exactly what he believes, he said.

Robert Pate

Banned
Name calling is biblical, you wolf, and the LORD God demands that believers(which excludes you) mark/identify/expose, and call the wolves, perverters, children of the devil, what they are.

Face you-wolf.

And stuff your cry baby routine.

None. How many men's(my emphasis) forums, have banned you, for your spineless whimpering act?

From "abolished" to now "replaced," eh, wolf Pate? That is slick....That is your MO on TOL, changing your story, then denying that you did, and crying, spamming.

That does not mean that the law has been abolished/has been destroyed/no longer exists/has been made void/has vanished, as you satanically assert from daddy devil.

Another one of your word-for-word spams, that you say to almost everyone, that disagrees with you.

Pathetic spammer.

Leave TOL. You drive people away from the Lord Jesus Christ, with your satanic "doctrine," leading them to hate Christianity, as you embarrass yourself.

You are the Satanic one. You go against the scriptures.

You can't comprehend that "Christ is the end of the law for righteousness" Romans 10:4

Nor can you comprehend that to be under the law is a curse, Galatians 3:10.

"But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, for it is evident "THE JUST SHALL LIVE BY FAITH" Romans 3:11.

You want people to be under the law because where there is law there is judgment and condemnation.

john w

Hall of Fame
I heard a guy say that he was a dispy for years and after more study he realized he should be keeping the feasts and he abandoned dispensational doctrine. Should we be keeping the feasts of the Lord? I asked him why he doesn't adhere to Paul's gospel and he told me to read 1 John, that's exactly what he believes, he said.

No, but that is not my point. Pate argues that the law was "abolished at the cross/nailed to the cross"=no longer exists=void-vanished=gone.....which means that the spirit filled Acts 2 believers, the 12, who were taught for 40 days by the Lord Jesus Christ, and Paul, who was taught by the Lord from heaven via revelation, who all observed the law, "post cross," including all the feasts, were drunk, or stoned, as the Acts period was like attending a "Led Zeplin" concert, or the feasts were not part of the law.

Status
Not open for further replies.