ECT The 4 major Christian baptisms

turbosixx

i asked if the baptism of Acts 2:38 was the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins?

Was it?

Yes it was. By what sacrifice were they forgiven? How many people does the bible tell us were saved by John's baptism.

No one was baptized again. The quote marks belong at the end of verse five and not at the end of verse four. It was those who heard John who were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.
I'm not sure I understand your point here. I didn't place the quotation marks.

Are you saying that two different rites of water baptism was in effect after the Cross? One being the water baptism at Acts 2:38 and another one which you describe as "Jesus' baptism?

No, just one in Jesus' name.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
By what sacrifice were they forgiven? How many people does the bible tell us were saved by John's baptism.

Hebrews 9:15 And for this reason He is the Mediator of the new covenant, by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions under the first covenant, that those who are called may receive the promise of the eternal inheritance.

Right Divider

Body part
Are you not a follower of Jesus? Have you not been circumcised? Are you not a descendant of Abraham? If you are then Jesus's fathers are your fathers.

Why did he bring up baptism? What is he telling them?

PROGRESSIVELY is an excuse for lack of proof.
You rabid religious zealots are so funny.

turbosixx

The Bible does not say that anyone was saved by John's baptism.

Down through history the only way that anyone has ever been saved is by believing God.

No one was saved by John's baptism, but thousands were saved that believed and were baptized in the name of Jesus. That's the key, baptized "in the name of Jesus".

Here Peter tells us baptism now saves us because it's an appeal to God.
1 Pt. 3:20 because they formerly did not obey, when God's patience waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was being prepared, in which a few, that is, eight persons, were brought safely through water. 21 Baptism, which corresponds to this, now saves you, not as a removal of dirt from the body but as an appeal to God for a good conscience, through the resurrection of Jesus Christ,

Baptism saves us through the resurrection of Jesus.
Rom. 6:5 For if we have been united with him in a death like his, we shall certainly be united with him in a resurrection like his.

DAN P

Are you going to enlighten me why Paul brings up baptism in 1 Cor. 10 or is context not important?

Hi and did you even read 1 Cor 10 at all ??

#1 , In verse 2 , ALL were PLACED into Moses , in the CLOUD and in the SEA !

#2 , Vrese 3 says they has spiritual food !!

#3 , Vrese 5 , scattered all over the Desert !

#4, In verse 6 they ( Israel ) is a paterns for US , the B O C , NOT TO BE LUSTERS after Evil things , like Israel !!

#5, Israel became Worshipers of FALSE gods !!

#6, And in verse 7 and 8 became FORNICATERS !!

#7 And they TESTED Christ in verse 9 !!

#8, And in verse 10 they MURMUR against God , like you !!

#9 , And in verse 1-11 were WRITTEN for our ADMONITION for the AGES to come !!

#10 Then Paul pens these word , So that the ONE thinging he standstake HEED LEST he should FALL down you NAYSAYERS of Paul !!Q

dan p

DAN P

You might think you take the whole bible but you do not. You've got a work around for things that don't fit your thinking. I take the whole bible and it's all in agreement.

If you did, I don't recall.

Hi and I see that you did mot comment on post #156 ??

Why not ??

I know , you cannot !!

dan p

turbosixx

Hi and I see that you did mot comment on post #156 ??

Why not ??

I know , you cannot !!

dan p

You have NOTHING to contribute to me. When you told me that those who were IN Christ before Paul were not the in body, I see you as dividing Christ and totally blind.

Jerry Shugart

Here Peter tells us baptism now saves us because it's an appeal to God.
1 Pt. 3:20 because they formerly did not obey, when God's patience waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was being prepared, in which a few, that is, eight persons, were brought safely through water. 21 Baptism, which corresponds to this, now saves you, not as a removal of dirt from the body but as an appeal to God for a good conscience, through the resurrection of Jesus Christ,

The reference to the "removal of dirt from the body" is speaking about water baptism.

The baptism which saves us is this one:

"Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death? Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death" (Ro.6:3-4).​

Eight people were saved when "water" bore up the ark. So they were saved by the very thing which brought death. So the eight were saved from death by death.

And the believer is saved from death by death and that happens when he is united with Christ and he becomes one with Him in death.