The “no difference” theory is dead: Same sex parenting

Sitamun

This may case. I am sorry to hear that your being adopted caused you trouble. I grew up in an intact home with both biological parents; that did not prevent conflict, trauma, and a myriad of trouble - and my siblings and I had plenty of problems.

Please don't get me wrong. I had a wonderful childhood and I adored my adopted parents. That doesn't mean I wasn't a bratty teen!! I know my life was much better with my adopted parents. All families have problems or rough times, some much worse than others. Unfortunately there are no guarantees and magic formulas to get perfection.

GFR7

Please don't get me wrong. I had a wonderful childhood and I adored my adopted parents. That doesn't mean I wasn't a bratty teen!! I know my life was much better with my adopted parents. All families have problems or rough times, some much worse than others. Unfortunately there are no guarantees and magic formulas to get perfection.
Yes, you are right, there are not!

GFR7

Maybe you would have done well to investigate the actual study before posting the OP
No, I let it stand as the author and website posted it. I knew there would be feedback as time went on, and I am sure there will be more - but I will say that the response thus far has not been great.

However, I've yet to see a neutral and objective party respond: It's all been pro-SSM advocates and liberals so far. Of course they must look for the flaws.

Public Discourse has defended the study.

IMJerusha

And so we see the tremendous advantages inherent to the "traditional" family.:yawn:

The biggest advantage, I can tell, is that a female acts like a female and a male acts like a male. Or, from a Godly standpoint, that people act as God created them to act. I just love seeing little boys playing with dolls and make-up and painting their fingernails, don't you? :rolleyes:

TracerBullet

No, I let it stand as the author and website posted it. I knew there would be feedback as time went on, and I am sure there will be more - but I will say that the response thus far has not been great.

However, I've yet to see a neutral and objective party respond: It's all been pro-SSM advocates and liberals so far. Of course they must look for the flaws.

Public Discourse has defended the study.

you demonstrated your claim that you wanted objective truth to be so much bovine waste in record time. Congratulations

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
studies like this require a sufficient sample size
it has been very difficult finding enough children raised by same sex couples
and
now it is very difficult finding enough children raised by parents who are still living together

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
The underlying notion of the study is found in it's attempt, according to the author to note, “the importance of common biological parentage for optimum child well-being.”

Without going into a few of the challenges to the data, not the least of which is the inability to differentiate between merely cohabitating couples and married ones, the data that he suggests doubles emotional problems comparatively doesn't do that in relation to single parent homes. Why is that important? Because the point of this study is to promote or support legislation aimed at denial of rights to homosexual couples, who fare better (even without the marriage input) than single parent homes.

Well, no one (including the author) is suggesting we deny single parents the right to keep or adopt children.

At any rate, let the exams commence. How good the science and debatable the conclusions may be its more to consider.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Right. There are not always advantages. I at least am admitting this; I didn't have to say anything at all.

Why don't you ever just own up and take a stand, GFR? You posted this half-baked hare-brained moronic "study" as a hot-off-the-press trump card. It doesn't hold water.

P.S. If you have nothing to say, TOL's not the right place for ya.

GFR7

Why don't you ever just own up and take a stand, GFR? You posted this half-baked hare-brained moronic "study" as a hot-off-the-press trump card. It doesn't hold water.

P.S. If you have nothing to say, TOL's not the right place for ya.
I think its clear that I prefer traditional marriage and parenting. I don't know what effects this study will have. I wondered how others would view it.

Granite

Hall of Fame
I think its clear that I prefer traditional marriage and parenting. I don't know what effects this study will have. I wondered how others would view it.

The only thing the study will do is confirm the bias of bigots. It's poorly wrought and holds no weight whatsoever.

GFR7

The underlying notion of the study is found in it's attempt, according to the author to note, “the importance of common biological parentage for optimum child well-being.”

Without going into a few of the challenges to the data, not the least of which is the inability to differentiate between merely cohabitating couples and married ones, the data that he suggests doubles emotional problems comparatively doesn't do that in relation to single parent homes. Why is that important? Because the point of this study is to promote or support legislation aimed at denial of rights to homosexual couples, who fare better (even without the marriage input) than single parent homes.

Well, no one (including the author) is suggesting we deny single parents the right to keep or adopt children.

At any rate, let the exams commence. How good the science and debatable the conclusions may be its more to consider.
Yes, there is still much to consider. And the single parenting is an important point.

GFR7

The only thing the study will do is confirm the bias of bigots. It's poorly wrought and holds no weight whatsoever.
I don't know if it will do that. Single parenthood exists without anyone demanding it be stopped.