testimonies

IMJerusha

testimonies from mission trips or outreach times. personal testimonies of what God did during outreach times. No criticism please.

please share some testimonies.

small or large all are welcome.

revelation 12:11 And they overcame him because of the blood of the Lamb and because of the word of their testimony, and they did not love their life even when faced with death.

I have no problem with this thread but perhaps you should ask a Mod to move it to a more appropriate location? A lot of people might miss it here. I would like to read the testimonies of those God has moved within. Edification is good for the Body.

Word based mystic

I have no problem with this thread but perhaps you should ask a Mod to move it to a more appropriate location? A lot of people might miss it here. I would like to read the testimonies of those God has moved within. Edification is good for the Body.

new here and dont know how to ask mod or where to suggest to put it.

andyc

Here is one to start off with. Please everyone share one of your own.
I was on a mission trip in peru with my wife and many church members

our guide had milky cataract type film covering his left eye and was 90% blind in that eye. Over the years of using his dugout canoe on the amazon as a guide the reflection of the sun off the water had blinded his eye. We were leaving a city called iquitos peru to go up the amazon to a tribe called urarinas.

We were at the hotel conference room area before going. prayer time. My wife and I started praying for the guides eye. 10 minutes after praying His milky film had disappeared and he was screaming with excitement. He could see the chalk board clearly and He had full sight both near and far sight.

wow that was awesome the Jesus did.

Theology and doctrine aside, this is what really matters at the end of the day. Knowledge puffs up but love edifies. When the disciples couldn't meet the need of the father who's son was demon possessed, Jesus was not impressed at all. "How long shall I put up with you".
God is glorified when people dare to believe and act. Why is the book of Acts called the Acts of the apostles? Because the apostles acted. Faith without works is dead. Whoa I could really stir myself up, but then I'd have to scroll down and read idiotic posts from people throwing their cold water.

Enjoy the subscription WBM!

Livelystone

How's this for wisdom.

[Even him], whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,

or this

For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if [it were] possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

or this

For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, and shall shew signs and wonders, to seduce, if [it were] possible, even the elect.

The election of grace that live by trust will not be deceived.

Lying signs and wonders are not signs and wonders

Matt. 12: 24 But when the Pharisees heard it, they said, This fellow doth not cast out devils, but by Beelzebub the prince of the devils.

25 And Jesus knew their thoughts, and said unto them, Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and every city or house divided against itself shall not stand:

26 And if Satan cast out Satan, he is divided against himself; how shall then his kingdom stand?

Ministries without signs and wonders are ministries without the blessings of God.

God willing I will comment more in the AM. As for now I owe a coupe of responses in another thread but it has been a long day.

Meanwhile, kudos to the OP for bringing up testimonies, even babes in Christ have testimonies that truthfully are His accounts of grace and mercy to us who deserved no such kindness.

Matthew 21:16 And said unto him, Hearest thou what these say? And Jesus saith unto them, Yea; have ye never read, Out of the mouth of babes and sucklings thou hast perfected praise?

Cross Reference

Theology and doctrine aside, this is what really matters at the end of the day. Knowledge puffs up but love edifies. When the disciples couldn't meet the need of the father who's son was demon possessed, Jesus was not impressed at all. "How long shall I put up with you".
God is glorified when people dare to believe and act. Why is the book of Acts called the Acts of the apostles? Because the apostles acted. Faith without works is dead. Whoa I could really stir myself up, but then I'd have to scroll down and read idiotic posts from people throwing their cold water.

Enjoy the subscription WBM!

Amen!!

For all the " cecessionists" out there:

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...PUmT_a_0YYpO1b4bDyxpy_w&bvm=bv.87269000,d.aWw

It's a great read that will have you believing differently about the issues.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Je6h-EBRuvM
There a personal testimony by Bruce Olson after an initial 1 minute movie announcement.

Levolor

Amen

Levolor

testimonies from mission trips or outreach times. personal testimonies of what God did during outreach times. No criticism please.

revelation 12:11 And they overcame him because of the blood of the Lamb and because of the word of their testimony, and they did not love their life even when faced with death.

God has done, and will do so much for those who have faith in Him.

I have so many things I could share... yet, some are quite personal and close to my heart... trying to think of one... oh! Here:

I used to be a smoker.

I also used to think that I'd quit when the nails were driven into my coffin. I had tried to quit so many times that I quit trying.

Five years, and one month ago to the day, I was praying for God to relieve me of another respiratory illness. I prayed for over an hour and the only reason I stopped praying is because something happened. God delivered me from tobacco.

I am so delivered that it's as if I had never been addicted. Don't even smell smoke on people. Being around smokers... not a problem. The only thing that bothers me is if I hold a lit one... I can't hold it far enough from me... it smells so bad! eeeyuk

So, about the respiratory issues... I still have some come up, but less frequently and less severely. Praise God! I expect continued healing in this area too. Hallelujah! Thank you, Jesus!

What God will do for one person, He will do for another. Though... God does not respond to need or want, I believe, but He responds only to faith.

God bless you all.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

I have learnt to leave off looking for something when I can not find it.

It always has turned up by just leaving it to the Lord.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
God has done, and will do so much for those who have faith in Him.

I have so many things I could share... yet, some are quite personal and close to my heart... trying to think of one... oh! Here:

I used to be a smoker.

I also used to think that I'd quit when the nails were driven into my coffin. I had tried to quit so many times that I quit trying.

Five years, and one month ago to the day, I was praying for God to relieve me of another respiratory illness. I prayed for over an hour and the only reason I stopped praying is because something happened. God delivered me from tobacco.

I am so delivered that it's as if I had never been addicted. Don't even smell smoke on people. Being around smokers... not a problem. The only thing that bothers me is if I hold a lit one... I can't hold it far enough from me... it smells so bad! eeeyuk

So, about the respiratory issues... I still have some come up, but less frequently and less severely. Praise God! I expect continued healing in this area too. Hallelujah! Thank you, Jesus!

What God will do for one person, He will do for another. Though... God does not respond to need or want, I believe, but He responds only to faith.

God bless you all.

You have reminded me.

I was delivered from smoking on the night of being baptized with the Holy Spirit. I knew that because I lit up my pipe the next morning and it burnt me.

However some time later maybe a few years I started again and what a devil of a job it was to give up.

I remember calling on the Lord on the way home from church, to help me give it up, and I had heard of something to take to help so I called in to the drug store to get some, and to my dismay he lectured me that I was the one who had to give it up and do that now. He sold me nothing, so I got in the car, stuffed a smoke in my mouth and to my surprise my throat became like a rasp and I could not smoke.

20 years later-- another story.

LA

Word based mystic

before age 15 when God wooed me to himself. I was very much intrigued and drawn to occultic experiences and knowledge.

When I encountered Christ he totally removed all of those desires and pursuits.

Word based mystic

You have reminded me.

I was delivered from smoking on the night of being baptized with the Holy Spirit. I knew that because I lit up my pipe the next morning and it burnt me.

However some time later maybe a few years I started again and what a devil of a job it was to give up.

I remember calling on the Lord on the way home from church, to help me give it up, and I had heard of something to take to help so I called in to the drug store to get some, and to my dismay he lectured me that I was the one who had to give it up and do that now. He sold me nothing, so I got in the car, stuffed a smoke in my mouth and to my surprise my throat became like a rasp and I could not smoke.

20 years later-- another story.

LA

awesome testimony. My wifes sister had an almost identical experience. It is awesome when a physical change in our body comes about due to Gods response to and love for us.

Livelystone

But it wasn't only for the apostles. I agree it's one thing to run after signs and wonders (and so bring deception upon you) but it's another thing to simply petition Our Heavenly Father for something.

Is any among you afflicted? let him pray. Is any merry? let him sing psalms.
Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord:
And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him.

James 5:13-15

I agree,

This is why it is called 'signs and wonders following' and not a ministry of signs and wonders.......... after all only God can work the miracle and He will if the ministry is worthy of Him blessing their prayers with signs and wonders following.

If they are not worthy of His blessings there will not be any signs and wonders following.

Truth is signs and wonders are a stamp of God's approval on a ministry.

Acts 2:22 Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know:

One thing we can always count on God for, other than giving grace instead of judgment,................. God does not change !

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
A few years ago I had walked far out of town and was in a solitary countryside place, I was sure there was not another soul around for miles. So I started singing some of my fav hymns and songs....loud

Suddenly a HUGE man appeared. He looked like the bad guy in the Oliver Twist story..[forgets] His face was amazingly red and his hair black and lank and he was unwrapping a tow chain from around his arm...he was coming over the field at ME.

I did not have time for fear to grip [as it surely would have...Tots is not very strong or brave] The Lord spoke instantly to me. "raise your hands high over your head and MARCH toward him"

I did so, singing "And can it be" full gusto, hands as high as they would go. The man stopped dead in his tracks, it looked like somebody had whacked him with a cricket bat.

"that Thou-ou-ou my God-o-od should die-ie-ie for me
Amazing grace [amazing]......"

That huge man turned tail and fled like a rabbit.

Word based mystic

A few years ago I had walked far out of town and was in a solitary countryside place, I was sure there was not another soul around for miles. So I started singing some of my fav hymns and songs....loud

Suddenly a HUGE man appeared. He looked like the bad guy in the Oliver Twist story..[forgets] His face was amazingly red and his hair black and lank and he was unwrapping a tow chain from around his arm...he was coming over the field at ME.

I did not have time for fear to grip [as it surely would have...Tots is not very strong or brave] The Lord spoke instantly to me. "raise your hands high over your head and MARCH toward him"

I did so, singing "And can it be" full gusto, hands as high as they would go. The man stopped dead in his tracks, it looked like somebody had whacked him with a cricket bat.

"that Thou-ou-ou my God-o-od should die-ie-ie for me
Amazing grace [amazing]......"

That huge man turned tail and fled like a rabbit.

wow Who knows how many angels he saw beside you.

Psalm 28:7 Blessed be the LORD, Because He has heard the voice of my supplication. 7The LORD is my strength and my shield; My heart trusts in Him, and I am helped; Therefore my heart exults, And with my song I shall thank Him. 8The LORD is their strength, And He is a saving defense to His anointed.

This is not just a reference to spiritual protection.
He loves to show himself in every aspect and dimension of life a protector in times of need.
great testimony.

IMJerusha

My husband and I were baptized on the same cold October day in the stock pond of one of our congregation members. Despite the cold, upon immersion, my husband was suffused with deep warmth which only increased as he came out of the water. I was so looking forward to a baptism experience filled with the Ruach (Holy Spirit) as my husband had had. I went into the water cold with my eyes scrunched shut, fingers holding my nose and came out of the water with a squeal as the preacher declared me "Joy". "Joy my foot," I thought, as I boogied for the waters edge and my waiting towel and blanket. I looked over at my husband who seemed on fire with joy and I was so disappointed, having no report of any great experience. After the ceremony, the congregation gathered for some hot cocoa and snacks and I sat quietly through it, ruminating on my disappointment. Finally, as we were driving home, my husband was going on and on about the warmth he'd experienced but I didn't want to listen anymore. I said, "I don't know what was so great about it. The water was filthy!" "How would you know," my husband asked, "you had your eyes screwed shut!" And suddenly it hit me. I did have my eyes screwed shut but as clear as day, I remembered seeing through the water as the pastor laid me back. I saw him through the water, heard him speaking the blessing and I saw all this dirt coming off of me while the rest of the water was fairly clear. My husband grabbed my hand, smiled and said, "Seems to me you had a very nice time with the Ruach." And I was filled with joy!

andyc

My husband and I were baptized on the same cold October day in the stock pond of one of our congregation members. Despite the cold, upon immersion, my husband was suffused with deep warmth which only increased as he came out of the water. I was so looking forward to a baptism experience filled with the Ruach (Holy Spirit) as my husband had had. I went into the water cold with my eyes scrunched shut, fingers holding my nose and came out of the water with a squeal as the preacher declared me "Joy". "Joy my foot," I thought, as I boogied for the waters edge and my waiting towel and blanket. I looked over at my husband who seemed on fire with joy and I was so disappointed, having no report of any great experience. After the ceremony, the congregation gathered for some hot cocoa and snacks and I sat quietly through it, ruminating on my disappointment. Finally, as we were driving home, my husband was going on and on about the warmth he'd experienced but I didn't want to listen anymore. I said, "I don't know what was so great about it. The water was filthy!" "How would you know," my husband asked, "you had your eyes screwed shut!" And suddenly it hit me. I did have my eyes screwed shut but as clear as day, I remembered seeing through the water as the pastor laid me back. I saw him through the water, heard him speaking the blessing and I saw all this dirt coming off of me while the rest of the water was fairly clear. My husband grabbed my hand, smiled and said, "Seems to me you had a very nice time with the Ruach." And I was filled with joy!

Awesome!
Really like this!