Talk about TV shows

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I've added Acorn TV subscription to my Roku to watch some good British series. Now watching Foyle's War. After watching Inspector Lewis and Endeavor (Lewis prequel) on Amazon Prime, will move to Inspector Morse on Acorn TV following Foyle's War.

AMR
Foyle is one I found the other day. :) Poirot's last seven seasons are on Netflix too. I wish they had the whole run.

Still considering alternative casting...Bob Hoskins as Sherlock Holmes.

Arthur Brain

Kevin Spacey is what sells the show. He's perfect for the part.
Sly and ruthless. And just when you think he couldn't get any more cold-blooded, he does. He will throw you under the bus in a heartbeat, and in at least one situation so far ... it was literal.

Sounds like they're staying pretty true to the original. :)

Arthur Brain

It's like watching a Shakespearean character, a Richard III who just keeps finding a new and darker bottom to inhabit. I stepped away from it for a year then caught up again.

He's compelling, but I can't help thinking, "How different would the role be if NICHOLAS CAGE were in the role?" The late night volume adjustments alone would add another level to the proceedings. :plain:

I think you'd like Ian Richardson's performance in the BBC version. :)

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Sounds like they're staying pretty true to the original. :)
I haven't watched the original, so I have no idea.

Spacey is one of those guys that pulls off being cocky flawlessly.

In this show, he will occasionally look into the camera and say something to the viewing audience (as an underbreath thought he is having).
One of my favorites so far is when he says:
"I am now sitting in the Vice President position, and without a single vote. Democracy is so overrated."

Arthur Brain

I haven't watched the original, so I have no idea.

Spacey is one of those guys that pulls off being cocky flawlessly.

In this show, he will occasionally look into the camera and say something to the viewing audience (as an underbreath thought he is having).
One of my favorites so far is when he says:
"I am now sitting in the Vice President position, and without a single vote. Democracy is so overrated."

Ah, exactly the same in approach then as with the original, 'breaking the fourth wall'...:)

One of the phrases often used after a particular event was "You might very well say that, I couldn't possibly comment" with a knowing smile...

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Here's a clip of some of the moments of how ruthless the thoughts of him are.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The very last scene in season 2 was priceless, and without a word spoken !!!!

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
haha!

Here's a new show about Sheldon Cooper (from The Big Bang Theory) when he was a kid.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
So, AT&T U-verse has pulled my local CBS channel. Hopefully it is just temporary.
Now I will be missing:

1. Big Bang Theory
2. Kevin Can Wait
3. Two Broke Girls
4. Man With a Plan
5. The Great Indoors
6. MacGyver
7. Superior Donuts
You're not missing anything worth watching.

The Son

New series.
Has had 6 episodes so far.

Trailer:
Not for me.

Poirot's last seven seasons are on Netflix too. I wish they had the whole run.

They used to have it all. I watched the entire series on Netflix.