ECT Surrender to Christ

Jamie Gigliotti

"At the cross, at the cross
I surrender myself, I give all to you"
Chris Tomlin

Is surrender necessary for salvation?
Does He force us?
Do we choose to do it as act of our will in response to His love and grace?

"Lose your life"; "Sow to His Spirit"; "Slave to God", "Humble yourself"; "Submit to God"; "Fear God", "We love because He first loved us"; "Live for Him": these words of His, and my experiences resisting Him have convinced me; He has convinced me that we must surrender to God willfully in an ever increasing measure (repentance) to experience Him and His salvation.

DAN P

Chris Tomlin

Does He force us?

"Lose your life"; "Sow to His Spirit"; "Slave to God", "Humble yourself"; "Submit to God"; "Fear God", "We love because He first loved us"; "Live for Him": these words of His, and my experiences resisting Him have convinced me; He has convinced me that we must surrender to God willfully in an ever increasing measure (repentance) to experience Him and His salvation.

Hi and maybe the question is " how were you saved " ??

Were you seeking God ??

Were you Baptized ?

Did you Repent , especially , since Repentance is a work Acts 26:20 ??

I do not think so !!

dan p

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Chris Tomlin

Does He force us?

You know the answers to those questions, you have another thread you just started

Jamie Gigliotti

Hi and maybe the question is " how were you saved " ??

Were you seeking God ??

Were you Baptized ?

Did you Repent , especially , since Repentance is a work Acts 26:20 ??

I do not think so !!

dan p
So your answer is no? Surrender to Christ is not necessary?

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Chris Tomlin

Does He force us?

Most here do not know what you are talking about because they trust in their beliefs thinking that is trusting in Christ, and claim all was accomplished by their first believing, yet deny the necessity of Acts 2:38 and the need to have it offered to them by men who have already received it from the Lord to speak it.

LA

Jamie Gigliotti

Most here do not know what you are talking about because they trust in their beliefs thinking that is trusting in Christ, and claim all was accomplished by their first believing, yet deny the necessity of Acts 2:38 and the need to have it offered to them by men who have already received it from the Lord to speak it.

LA
The Devil says you can't surrender to Jesus, it's too hard.
But the truth says, "My yoke is easy, my burden is light." Matthew 11:30
Surrender to Him is so much easier than carrying the load.

His power is made perfect in our weakness.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
And since we have several threads in off topic on Saint John W The Great, here is one from him on the subject.

__
Surrendering your life is irrelevant as pertaining to justification. That is sanctification. The Lord Jesus Christ surrendered His life 2000 years ago in your place, and God the Father accepted His life as a propitiatory sacrifice. Before justification, the LORD God would have nothing to do with your life. The biblical order is sonship first, then service/sanctification as justified sons. You are putting the proverbial cart before the horse, conditioning your justification upon your service/sanctification, " surrender my life to Christ." As a Son, He then replaces your formerly rotten, no good life, with His only Begotten Son's life-eternal life, "in Christ."

In Christ,

John W

glorydaz

And since we have several threads in off topic on Saint John W The Great, here is one from him on the subject.

Originally Posted by john w View Post
__
Surrendering your life is irrelevant as pertaining to justification. That is sanctification. The Lord Jesus Christ surrendered His life 2000 years ago in your place, and God the Father accepted His life as a propitiatory sacrifice. Before justification, the LORD God would have nothing to do with your life. The biblical order is sonship first, then service/sanctification as justified sons. You are putting the proverbial cart before the horse, conditioning your justification upon your service/sanctification, " surrender my life to Christ." As a Son, He then replaces your formerly rotten, no good life, with His only Begotten Son's life-eternal life, "in Christ."

In Christ,

John W

:first:

Jamie Gigliotti

Propitiation of "former sins" Romans 3:23.
Why did He die for us? So we would be moved by His love and Grace to love Him, to become "Slaves to God" Romans 6:22.
He doesn't force us to love Him. He longs for our love. Why knock the very thing Jesus died for, a loving relationship with Him.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally Posted by john w View Post
__

In Christ,

John W

Removing the need for further sanctification after justification is an excuse for not going on in the faith, and such who do are most vile toward those who are being further sanctified.

Heb 12:5 And ye have forgotten the exhortation which speaketh unto you as unto children, My son, despise not thou the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked of him:
Heb 12:6 For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.
Heb 12:7 If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?
Heb 12:8 But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.
Heb 12:9 Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?
Heb 12:10 For they verily for a few days chastened us after their own pleasure; but he for our profit, that we might be partakers of his holiness.
Heb 12:11 Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby.
Heb 12:12 Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees;
Heb 12:13 And make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed.
Heb 12:14 Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord:
Heb 12:15 Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you, and thereby many be defiled;

MAD doctrine says Hebrews is only to the Jews.

Jamie Gigliotti

Hebrews and Romans say opposite things. You choose.
Choose wisely.

This says the same thing.
"So do not become proud but fear. For if God did not spare, the natural branches, neither will He spare you. Note the kindness and severity of God: severity towards those who have fallen, but God's kindness to you, provided you continue in His kindness. Otherwise you too will be cut off." Romans 11: 20-22

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
"So do not become proud but fear. For if God did not spare, the natural branches, neither will He spare you. Note the kindness and severity of God: severity towards those who have fallen, but God's kindness to you, provided you continue in His kindness. Otherwise you too will be cut off." Romans 11: 20-22

If you scour Paul's letters you will find condemnation, which is your desire. You are of your father the devil, a white sepulcher. That condemnation is in a context of being outside Christ. I can't leave that off for the babes who don't know.

SaulToPaul 2

Regarding the atonement, was my point. Sorry