Suicidality and the Second Amendment

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
Big picture, with annual gun deaths numbering around 45,000 in America, we already know the two biggest causes.

The first one is suicidality. And the next biggest one is organized crime.

One and two.

And just in case anybody failed to notice, all the headline mass shooting massacres are associated with suicidality.

And all the other mass shootings, that never get any national press (Chicago, Baltimore, St. Louis, etc.), are associated with organized crime.

If you could flip a switch and eliminate suicidality and organized crime from our country, gun deaths would plummet.

All without changing a single gun law.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Big picture, with annual gun deaths numbering around 45,000 in America, we already know the two biggest causes.

The first one is suicidality. And the next biggest one is organized crime.

One and two.

And just in case anybody failed to notice, all the headline mass shooting massacres are associated with suicidality.

And all the other mass shootings, that never get any national press (Chicago, Baltimore, St. Louis, etc.), are associated with organized crime.

If you could flip a switch and eliminate suicidality and organized crime from our country, gun deaths would plummet.

All without changing a single gun law.
We need to teach young people that if you're going to do a murder/suicide, always do suicide first

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
:unsure: It's been pointed out that the problem with the gun is that it makes murder/suicide easy. One could argue the accuracy of this but the mere fact that this perception exists is enough to make it an actual fact...As ironic as that is.

The question I really have is: How base and shallow do you have to be that the concept of your taking a human life (yours or someone else), in your mind, hinges upon ergonomics. 🤨

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
I never understood the logic behind killing your family (even your little children) before turning the gun on yourself. If you want to commit suicide then just commit suicide. Why do they kill their children?

There is some kind of logic they're using but I've never been able to figure out what it might be.

Right Divider

Body part
I never understood the logic behind killing your family (even your little children) before turning the gun on yourself. If you want to commit suicide then just commit suicide. Why do they kill their children?

There is some kind of logic they're using but I've never been able to figure out what it might be.
It's called "the world revolves around me" thinking: self-centeredness.

marke

:unsure: It's been pointed out that the problem with the gun is that it makes murder/suicide easy. One could argue the accuracy of this but the mere fact that this perception exists is enough to make it an actual fact...As ironic as that is.

The question I really have is: How base and shallow do you have to be that the concept of your taking a human life (yours or someone else), in your mind, hinges upon ergonomics. 🤨
The problem with freedom is that people must be willing to accept dangers the government can only attempt to eliminate by removing freedoms.

Idolater

This is only reasonably an argument against handguns. Most suicides are not murder- or mass-murder suicides but just plain suicides, and mostly when a gun is used, it's with a handgun, either a revolver or a pistol.

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
This is only reasonably an argument against handguns. Most suicides are not murder- or mass-murder suicides but just plain suicides, and mostly when a gun is used, it's with a handgun, either a revolver or a pistol.
Duh...Because it's easier to stick it in your mouth. I'm pretty sure alot of these people would consider it pretty easy to get a toe into a trigger guard if necessary. :rolleyes:

Idolater

Duh...Because it's easier to stick it in your mouth. I'm pretty sure alot of these people would consider it pretty easy to get a toe into a trigger guard if necessary. :rolleyes:
It's not my argument. I'm only saying that if this argument, that we should ban guns or certain guns because of suicidality, is logical, then it makes sense to target handguns rather than "assault weapons" which are all long guns. The vast majority of suicides by gun are committed with handguns.

marke

It's not always in the mouth. A federal investigator investigating a crime tied to LBJ in Texas killed himself by shooting himself several times in the back with a single-shot rifle. At least that is what the local coroner claimed.

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
It's not always in the mouth. A federal investigator investigating a crime tied to LBJ in Texas killed himself by shooting himself several times in the back with a single-shot rifle. At least that is what the local coroner claimed.
Well...Some people got really long toes.

Right Divider

Body part
Suicide is self murder.
Handguns are the best type of gun for personal protection. It's a bit tough to carry a rifle around.